SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

/confirm

First non-newbie game on this site, let me read all the possible roles carefully.
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Vote: this newb forum which fucks up my posting
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:42 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

TheButtonmen wrote:
SIR CYANIDE wrote:
Vote: this newb forum which fucks up my posting
But if we lynch one of the hamsters powering this fourm it gets 50% worse!
Are you defending this forum? Are you perhaps part of this?

Very suspicious...
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:03 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Call it rolefishing all you want. I'm fully willing for the town cop to investigate me. A proven innocent townie is a thousand times more useful than a bunch of townies that you can't trust to be telling the truth.
Does not make sense. The least a cop can get as a result is 'townie', the best he can get is 'scum'. You would not want him to investigate you if you were town.

If I made sense of the roles (as I stated before, this is my first game without the most basic newbie roles so I'm pretty confused atm with all the new info), the only worse scenarios that could occur would be if the cop investigated a Miller or a Godfather, so the only reason you would want to be investigated by a cop would be if you were the Godfather, I think (miller would be detrimental to your faction).

If you are town you would want him to invest another person, because it decreases the odds (-1 town player) of the cop investigating town and that's what you want, no?

Someone tell me if I missed something.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:00 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Sounds like you guys are more trying to undermine the effectiveness of a cop by saying that even if he gets an innocent reading it's just the Godfather so we shouldn't listen to the cop.
Nobody ever said this (or even implied it).
And yet the ONLY true rebuttal to this case is that I could be the Godfather?
Simple example:

14 players (makes calculations easier), 2 Mafia, 1 Cop, rest vanilla town. You are one of those vanilla town. You are given the opportunity to have the cop 100% not investigate you.

If you accept this opportunity: 14 - cop himself(1) - you(1) = 12 people left to investigate, 2 out of 10 can flip scum (assuming no godfather/miller/etc.), which is 20%.

If you don't accept this opportunity: 14 - cop himself(1) = 13 people left to investigate. 2 out of 11 can flip scum (assuming blahblah), which is about 18%.

Ideally you'll want the cop to investigate scum

If you want to be investigated, the chance of the cop investigating scum is 0.

--

Do I think this is scummy? Nah. Horribly newb, stupid and anti-town? Yes.

If you still don't get it now, plz replace out and go play something less complicated (may I suggest Cindy's Magical Dollhouse?).
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:44 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

I don't appreciate you calling me stupid, and insinuating that I am not capable of playing this game and should replace out.
I do not care about your feelings. If I hurt them, please get some testosterone injections and watch all Rocky movies in a row. Then come back and see if you feel different, sissy.
If you can't deal with the fact that I volunteered for a cop investigation, that's your beef and I advise you to take the game a little less seriously.
I can't deal with it? This is a game of Mafia, people will get questioned for what they say. It has nothing to do with being unable to deal with something, or whatever the fuck you meant. I am against policy lynching and fairly sure you're just newb (scum tend to overcompensate by playing extremely safe and would not make such blatant mistakes), but if you're going to initiate tunnelvision-wars with me or any other players, which I can easily see happening, I will vote for you out of policy.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:47 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Jack wrote:and then making a few big posts rehashing old material later once there was nothing new going on.
There was 1 post between my post and the post I was addressing. Please upgrade your glasses or your cerebral cortex.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:52 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

So I will ask you again, lay off and play the game. If you continue to insult me and show a lack of respect for this game I will PM the mod and have you warned for your actions.
Cry more please.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:56 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Jack wrote:
SIR CYANIDE wrote:
Jack wrote:and then making a few big posts rehashing old material later once there was nothing new going on.
There was 1 post between my post and the post I was addressing. Please upgrade your glasses or your cerebral cortex.
This has nothing to do with my comment.
Yes it does. You say I did [x], I point out I didn't do [x].
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:04 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Cool, another game with extra-chromosome people.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:18 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

And well, since Sir Cyanide refuses to play the game,
I pointed out the flaws in your theory about cop investigation. You didn't get it and made a very silly remark. I replied with banter and it hurt your feelings. Boo-fucking-hoo.
Luckily "cry more please" only tells me you're probably someone who had a bad childhood and thus goes on the internet to try and troll and bully his way to make himself feel bigger.
Thank you for this in-depth pseudo-freudian psychoanalysis. Perhaps we can discuss my life after this game, I would be very interested in what you have to say, lol.
So I've got to ask, why are you even playing this game?
Because I enjoy it.
You obviously have no vested interest in scum hunting,
Nonsense.
You're no service to the town,
Really? I just pointed out something beneficial for the town (debunking your theory about how you getting investigated is good if you're town).

Also, me a lurker? Rofl.

I will laugh when the sane people start posting.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:20 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

But luckily we don't have to worry about that this game. As we've found our scum. It's just a matter of time before the "sane" people come into the game and realize it too. Then we can be rid of not only scum on day 1, but also a sad, annoying, depressing little man with nothing better to do than try to bully people out of a game of Mafia because he can't stand the fact that he's been outed as scum.
Rofl.

I will be eagerly waiting for your reasoning to get raped. If it doesn't I'll replace out myself, I have no interest in playing with downies.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:00 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Making huge post soon addressing all the confusion about me.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:48 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

TQO/SIR CYANIDE confusionPost 46, the post that started it all
excerpt from post 46 wrote:Call it rolefishing all you want. I'm fully willing for the town cop to investigate me.
A proven innocent townie is a thousand times more useful than a bunch of townies that you can't trust to be telling the truth.
The bold part I interpreted as missing the point. Yes, a proven innocent townie is more useful than a bunch of townies that you can’t trust to be telling the truth, but here he is comparing nobody being investigated to investigating a townie. Somebody will be investigated regardless in the example given. I corrected him and said that it is better to investigate scum.

If you investigate town, you can be sure that whatever this player says is said with the best intentions. This helps us find scum.
If you investigate scum, you found scum.
--
It is obvious for everyone that it is better to investigate scum. It appeared to me that TQO did not understand this, so I threw out some banter lines (they are not blatant ad hominems, there is a comical undertone)

Proof:

Post 48, me trying to explain TQO the above
From my post, post 48 wrote:The least a cop can get as a result is 'townie', the best he can get is 'scum'. You would not want him to investigate you if you were town.
From post 48 wrote: the only worse scenarios that could occur would be if the cop investigated a Miller or a Godfather, so the only reason you would want to be investigated by a cop would be if you were the Godfather, I think (miller would be detrimental to your faction).
Here, I am explaining that nobody would ever want to investigated by a cop unless they were the Godfather.
If you are scum, you don’t want to be investigated because it hurts the alignment you’re on.
If you are town, you don’t want to be investigated because you would want scum to be investigated.

Post 49, TQO
From post 49, TQO wrote: I'm still not following any of your guys' logic.
I identified this as stupid. The logic should be obvious.
From post 49, TQO wrote: And yet the ONLY true rebuttal to this case is that I could be the Godfather?
I identified this as stupid. Nobody implied this, it seemed inventive to me.
From post 49, TQO wrote: Sounds like you guys are more trying to undermine the effectiveness of a cop by saying that even if he gets an innocent reading it's just the Godfather so we shouldn't listen to the cop.
I identified this as stupid. Nobody implied this.
From post 49, TQO wrote: That's scum talk, and you're looking all the more scummy the more you keep trying to insist that it's better that innocent townies remain suspicious while scum continue to twist everyone's arguments around.
I identified this as stupid. I was trying to insist that it is better for the cop to investigate scum which he again failed to understand.

Post 52, me trying to explain TQO part 2
My explanation wrote: 14 players (makes calculations easier), 2 Mafia, 1 Cop, rest vanilla town. You are one of those vanilla town. You are given the opportunity to have the cop 100% not investigate you.

If you accept this opportunity: 14 - cop himself(1) - you(1) = 12 people left to investigate, 2 out of 10 can flip scum (assuming no godfather/miller/etc.), which is 20%.

If you don't accept this opportunity: 14 - cop himself(1) = 13 people left to investigate. 2 out of 11 can flip scum (assuming blahblah), which is about 18%.
Here, I give solid evidence that it is better to not volunteer for an investigation, with some banter. From there, insulting occurs and goes on.

I also have some issues with Jack:

JackPost 54, posting absolute, 100% nonsense-reasons for voting against me. They cannot be considered good reasons from any imaginable point of view. Also, he did not defend me/clear up the confusion TQO was having. I find this weird.

Post 55, Jack asking why TQO’s vote was not on me

Again, I find this weird. Instead of defending me and explaining why I take so much issues with TQO, he encourages TQO to put his vote on me. This lead me to believe that he didn’t get the logic either, which is why I also called him newb/stupid. However, after reading his ISO I came across this:

Spot on reasoning from Jack, basically what I was trying to explain TQO

Yet he doesn’t jump in on the issue, but prefers to somewhat buddy up to TQO and actually encourage him to put his vote on me, while I’m just trying to point out flawed game theory beliefs from TQO – something he should encourage if he was town.

Vote: Jack
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:23 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Jack wrote:I wanted to start a little pressure wagon.
Fair enough.
You find it weird that I didn't clear up the confusion TQO was having, when I had already made a post explaining it?
Yes, I find that very very fucking weird. When you explain something, your goal is to make the other person understand it. If the other person does not understand it, you will have to make him understand one way or another. Explaining something and then ignoring everyone who doesn't get it is anti-town, it creates confusion.
And my accusation of you "rehashing old posts" doesn't make sense?
It sure doesn't. Someone voices his stance on it ("I don't get it") 2 posts before my post addressing it which does not make it something 'old', whatever the fuck you might mean with that.

Do you think going over the game at day 2 to find out who is Mafia is 'old' too, because it started at day 1? No, things that are still going on are not 'old' in this context. If TQO doesn't get something and makes posts about it, it is not 'old' and me addressing it is not 'rehashing an old issue'.
I noted that during the somewhat strange and unsure "gambit" stage you made joke posts, and then after it was less weird you came in all townie like offering an explanation even though it had already been given.
That was a fucking gambit? Seemed more like joke-posting that was misinterpreted by 90% of all people here. The explanation I gave was an attempt to make TQO understand the issue, who still did not. I'm not sure what I dislike more, TQO crying about ethics/etiquette or your play style, but I do know what's more scummy.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:59 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

I'm fine with him having a mistaken impression.
I am not. As town, that is something we want to avoid, it creates confusion. According to me, letting him have this mistaken impression is anti-town.
But this is my point exactly. You are saying that rehashing and explaining the issue is pro town, but I don't have an issue with the rehashing.
Oh, I thought you said you did.
I was noting the contrast between rehashing and joke posting. It's a fairly basic assumption that mafia avoid posting in uncertain situations, instead posting when they feel secure. You can say that it's a weak argument if you want, I would probably post Rolling Eyes and point to the page number. It certainly isn't complete nonsense however, why would try and insist that it was?
First off, I have yet to insist that the contrast-between-posting-argument was complete nonsense (I will now though), I said the complete rehashing was complete nonsense.

Second, that's fucking retarded. You cannot possibly think that's a scum tell.

If we are going to make retarded tells, why does the only word that's been bolded in your post (contrast) consist of letters more found in the word 'town' (t, n, o) than in the word 'mafia' (a)? Are you trying to manipulate us through neurolinguistic programming? :roll: :roll:
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:22 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

but is dismissing a weak example of a basic tell as "complete nonsense"
I don't think you get the point. It is not a 'basic tell', it is complete bullshit. We are not discussing the psychology behind me judging a basic tell as complete nonsense, we are discussing how your read
IS
in fact complete bullshit.

@Everyone: does
anyone
actually think Jack's argument ("you first make a joke post and then a serious post") is anything more than a null tell?

ConfidAnon wrote:The site must be acting up . . . it's bizarre that your double post would actually get intercepted by Sir Cyanide. xD

The ninja master :twisted:
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:24 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Zang wrote:I don't understand your question cyanide, what argument are you talking about?
He said that me first making a joke post and then a serious post is a 'basic tell'
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:50 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

No...that's wrong. Tell me why, when I accused you in what you obviously consider to be a bogus fashion, you choose to spend all your energy to arguing that the claim was "complete nonsense" rather than being curious about me? Is it your position that anyone who makes an argument you disagree with is mafia? Surely not.
Of course not, else I would have voted TQO. I am suspicious of you because you didn't intervene in the TQO/me dispute, though you understood the situation -> you let the misunderstanding escalate, which is anti-town. You could have said 'stop the insulting, and TQO, what Cyanide is trying to say [blahblah]' or something like that.
Instead,
you try to buddy up to him and encourage him to put his vote on me. Not to forget, you were ok with him having a distorted view. I do not consider that just bad theory or anti-town, but I consider that scum as well with everything that's going on. Sounds to me like you slipped up and you're trying to get it brushed off by others as silly play.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

@Cyan: Why is it his (Jack's) responsibility to make sure that your argument is clear?
It was not 'my' argument. TQO didn't understand something that had a general answer, not something that only I could argue about. Not to forget, Jack explained it as well, well before me. TQO still did not get it, so I tried re-explaining. Jack ignored it.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #20) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:19 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

@Everyone: Jack is at L-2 now.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:33 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

despite me obviously being town
Why are you so obviously town, according to yourself?
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:27 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Not much I can add to the discussion atm, but @TQO: please watch out with what you post regarding roles and abilities.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:34 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

AGar wrote:SIR CYANIDE and Jack, cut the personal insults bullshit.
It was me and TQO. Not me and Jack.
SIR CYANIDE, you're wrong. Confirmed townies are terrible for scum, and if they don't have a roleblocker, even worse. They limit the lynch pool and force them to pick their NK between a confirmed townie who they can't get lynched or a cop who could investigate them and could be drawing the protection of a roleblocker.
No, I am not wrong. If a townie is confirmed you have the confirmed townie and the cop who said so. A simple game of WIFOM starts: will the Doc (if present at all) protect the cop, or the townie?
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #24) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:56 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

@SIR CYANIDE - Jack called you "SIR ASPERGERS" and some other shit was slung.
Ah yes, lol. That went below my radar, I actually found it a bit entertaining (I myself like to throw around with stuff like asperger's, dyslexia, ADHD etc. too) but I can imagine some people taking offense hehe.
And you do realize if the doc (assuming we have one) is forced to pick between the cop and townie, then the scum also have to guess around to try and figure out what the potential protection is.
Yeh, but that's a guessing game I'd rather not play.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

TQO seems to feel the need to point out he's town in every post, which is something that I find suspicious.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #26) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Oh, I forgot:

unvote
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

In some games there is always this guy who blatantly overestimates his skill/grasp of game theory and gets offended at everything. I am unsure of your alignment, but I do know that you are this guy.
I'm pretty sure I've found our scum.
I am fairly certain you have found nothing.
I only point out that I'm town in every post because you (Coug & Button) refuse to accept the fact that I am.
Sure, why don't we all go point out we're town and accept everyone's town claim?
I don't know how many more hints I have to drop for you.
You have not dropped any hints, you only hinted having a power role (stupid!) and we are unsure if that's even true.
despite all evidence to the contrary,
There is not enough evidence to conclude that you are town.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:41 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

jack wrote:You know, I think I believe TQO.
zang wrote:I think TQO might be right. It could just be a scum trick but his (strange) logic does make sence.
WHAT

THE

FUCK

have you guys been smoking? Let me get a rundown (all quotes below are from TQO):

StrangerCoug asks for what blind truth we are missing, he gets this as an answer:
I've already shown you.
He has shown nothing.
and I will be laughing my ass off at the end game when I get to tell everyone "I told you so" when I flip town.
YOU ARE NOT HERE FOR PERSONAL GAIN, YOU ARE HERE TO LEAD THE TOWN TO VICTORY (if you are town that is)

If you get lynched D1 it will not be you going 'I told you so, I am town', it will be us going 'I told you so, you need to learn how to play'. How you are playing now could not be any more anti-town, but seeing how you reacted to my banter your personality is probably weak and I expect you to apply some bs defense mechanism that somehow rationalizes your
AWFUL
play away so your ego doesn't get a dent.
1) I volunteered for investigation. I don't care if Jack is the cop or not, whoever it may be can feel free to investigate me and clear me as town.
Anti-town. And even if it wasn't anti-town, what good would you do as a confirmed townie? Your logic and skill is not up to par:
So cheah, go ahead and investigate me if you need a target. I'd love to get an early town read to help verify my innocence so I'm not constantly under suspicion.
Either that or he's completely false claiming to be the sacrifice for the night kill so that the real cop has an actual chance to investigate
Which makes me believe that those who are pointing suspicions towards me and going so far as to even vote for me are scum trying to get a lynch so that that's one less cooperative townie to deal with and they can try to strike fear in anyone else who would dare to try and prove their innocence and screw up their late game hijinx.
(SIR CYANIDE'S NOTE: fucking rofl @paranoia, do you also believe in reptilians and other outrageous conspiracy theories?
Rofl, you're right Jack. My vote right now IS on just an RVS vote. And well, since Sir Cyanide refuses to play the game, he's obviously no help to the town anyway.

So Vote: Sir Cyanide
You're no service to the town, so you're either a childish lurker or you're scum trying to purposefully distract from the game with meaningless insults. So my vote on you is fully justified.
...and that's without quoting his 500 claims of 'iamtown iamtown iamohsofuckingtown', bad theory and general confusion
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #29) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:41 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Btw, are jester-roles a possibility in this set-up?

If so that explains everything lol.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #30) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

ConfidAnon wrote:TQO - You are getting more annoying by the post.

Going off of gut and how he quickly shifted to TQO, and then quickly shifted back off of TQO.

Vote: Zang
IMO this is a pretty silly reason, are you implying a scum link (he votes TQO to make it seem as if they are unconnected but then quickly unvotes because he doesn't feel comfortable/doesn't want to bus)?
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #31) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:43 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

You didn't offer your own conclusions you just said "I'll get back to this later" because you probably need to find time to twist some of Zang's posts around and move onto the next big target that's coming around. It's like you've gone "Well, I couldn't get a lynch out of Jack, I couldn't get a lynch out of TQO, I guess we'll go after Zang now until we get something to stick". You just keep on migrating to the next easy target hoping that something will stick, well I won't be following this one.
Your reasoning is truly baffling. I am so lucky to be in a game with you so I can see your divine Sherlock Holmes-skills in action.

VOTE: The Quintastic One
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #32) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:46 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

I must say Zang does not look good (for reasons others have stated, but namely his ISO21 stands out as extremely scummy to me), but TQO is really something else. Have nobody of you noticed yet that he has been ignoring me blatantly (my guess is because he is a crybaby)? I would not be surprised if he started ignoring cruelty now after he stated that TQO is 'obvnewb'.

I am unsure of his alignment, but he's definitely the best lynch -for now- (that may change during the day). If we somehow conclude he's town, I would like to suggest that we just keep him in the game as a +1 for the townie side but completely ignore everything he posts.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #33) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:22 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Even if we end up confident of his alignment (which is dubious to begin with), people's reactions to him are still good indicators of their own alignments.
You're worrying me here. I agree that he's the best lynch, but if we conclude he's town, we do not ignore him. If he decides to come to his senses and be useful, that's to our benefit. Would you like to lose because our best information is coming from a VI?
He is posting nonsense.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #34) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:39 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

StrangerCoug wrote:
SIR CYANIDE wrote:
Even if we end up confident of his alignment (which is dubious to begin with), people's reactions to him are still good indicators of their own alignments.
You're worrying me here. I agree that he's the best lynch, but if we conclude he's town, we do not ignore him. If he decides to come to his senses and be useful, that's to our benefit. Would you like to lose because our best information is coming from a VI?
He is posting nonsense.
So? He is not cursed with posting nonsense forever.
I think he is.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #35) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

StrangerCoug wrote:
SIR CYANIDE wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
SIR CYANIDE wrote:
He is posting nonsense.
So? He is not cursed with posting nonsense forever.
I think he is.
Human beings are capable of learning. My playstyle was once scummy as all hell. Qhile I still don't call myself good at the game, I am better than I was, say, a year ago. You are not psychic; therefore, you cannot definitively prove that The Quintastic One will continue to post nonsense.
This is not a court, I don't need 100% proof. If I had to translate my estimation of him continuing to post bs to percentages, I'd say it is about 95%.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #36) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

unvote TQO

5% is a lot it seems. Good job on the post, it made you seem less scummy and newb in my eyes and at least tells me you are willing to invest time and effort into this game. It also sheds some light as to why I voted Jack back then, but his defense seemed OK which is why I unvoted.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #37) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:52 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

StrangerCoug wrote:
AGar wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
AGar wrote:I forgot to mention I'd support a Vivi57 wagon. Because she's useless.
How is Vivi57 useless?
Fastest PBPA evar:

ISO1 - Confirm.
ISO2 - RVS. Votes Zang "for posting above me"
ISO3 - Returns, claiming forgot game, feels outclassed. Votes SIR CYANIDE for "arguing all the time."
ISO4 - Responds to a few questions leveled at her. Questions the votes on TBM.
ISO5 - Comes back, says Zang and TQO have attacked half the town. Votes TQO for being more aggressive than Zang. Basically echoes things others have said.
ISO6 - Responds to TQO saying he had "well thought out" motivations for every move. Unvotes. Votes Zang asking for the same thing.

/PBPA.

Tell me now, do you really think that 14 pages and 12 days into a game, 6 posts, none of which provide original thought or content and all of which follow the general smooth curve of the game is being helpful? Or am I justified in saying she's been useless thus far?
You're justified. I've gotten a bit paranoid about policy lynching, so I was probing you for information.
That doesn't look like you policy lynching.
Then what does it look like?

@fat tony; nice entrance :D
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #38) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

[quote="SC]Exactly what I hoped AGar would post—a legitimate case on Vivi.[/quote]

No. If you lynch a player for exhibiting a trait that is not scumminess you are policy-lynching. He 'proved' that Vivi was useless, not that she was scummy - hence a policy lynch.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #39) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Please tell me where the fuck I have posted that I don't want vivi policy-lynched.

Also, I unvoted TQO.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #40) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:12 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

I might be missing something but how is TBM suddenly at L-1 now lol?

I re-read his ISO and all I see is him asking too much for everyone's opinion on whatever subject. That's the only thing I could label scummy (and perhaps the oversimplified reasons but I choose not to).

What's so scummy about him?
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #41) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:13 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Also of course nobody should hammer without him claiming. Fairly certain everyone knows this but better to be safe than sorry ~
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #42) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

SC wrote:How else am I supposed to connect the dots?
There are no dots, that's where you go wrong.
Jack wrote:Cruelty, TBM, and ViVi are the mafia, calling it now.
Was this a joke or are you serious? If serious... wha?
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #43) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:34 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

@Jack: I actually didn't find cruelty that suspicious until he went 'o fuck it im in' and voted TBM. That was really odd.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #44) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

StrangerCoug wrote:While I can still go for a The Quintastic One lynch, I do not have good reason to believe that he and SIR CYANIDE are the same alignment.
We could both be town. You mean 'that both of them are scum'.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #45) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:44 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

StrangerCoug wrote:
SIR CYANIDE wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:While I can still go for a The Quintastic One lynch, I do not have good reason to believe that he and SIR CYANIDE are the same alignment.
We could both be town. You mean 'that both of them are scum'.
No I do not; do not twist my words. I think that if you are town, The Quintastic One is scum and vice versa. You being both town makes little sense to me.
Us both being town makes perfect sense. I was not twisting your words either, I was assuming that you made a mistake because your current logic is fail.

Remember, town does not know alignments :roll:
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #46) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:52 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

@Jack:
SC wrote:I think that if you are town, The Quintastic One is scum and vice versa. You being both town makes little sense to me.
This is logic fail.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #47) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:10 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

TheButtonmen wrote:
@SirC:
It isn't logic fail, a statment of belief on who he thinks is scummy based on interactions. Logic fail would be more along the lines of trying to order lynchs because of it.
It is a logic fail because his 'statement of belief' as you like to call it has a foundation of failed logic. If one of them is attacking the other person and that person is town, the other person could as well be town.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #48) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

-_____________-

Great fucking job Zang.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (isolation #49) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

The Quintastic One wrote:Good riddance to TBM,
If it makes anyone feel more comfortable about the TBM lynch, I have no problems offering myself as today's lynch.
'the fuck is your problem?
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #50) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:43 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

You know, I really want to vote Zang (and add some more insults to TQO's list), but Zang isn't really displaying scummy behavior. I don't want to throw WIFOM around, but scum would be much more careful. All these 'basic tells' are only good for catching newbs if you ask me, and possibly Mafia (I cannot count the times I've identified scum because an experienced player started pointing out obvious anti-town play from newbs).
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #51) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

The Quintastic One wrote:Scum wouldn't willingly fight desperately to protect the lynch of another player. They would be aiding in the lynching.
You might want to watch out with that, it's a tactic to gain townie-points.

I have nothing else to add.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (isolation #52) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:00 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

I'm not saying I like Jack's play or some of his answers to my questions but to play Devil's Advocate: I really don't think Jack thought about that investigation-line further than 'it will create discussion'.

Things such as 'there is no right answer' etc. probably have not been thought about. I was surprised how that soaked up so much attention, too.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #53) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:24 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Yeh ok.

Vote: Jack
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #54) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

I don't know about other people but we do not really care about your philosophy and point of view. If you play in a way that, in itself (given no other factors), is a perfectly legit and pro-town way to play it does not automatically make you pro-town if certain factors are applied (what is being expected from you, the general metagame of pro-town players here, etc.). If everyone perceives your in itself pro-town play as anti-town play then you either adapt or get the fuck out, save those thoughts for a blog or go share it with your friends.

Here, you play to win.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #55) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

It would be 10x easier to find mafia if everyone posted their thoughts un-edited or revised, and just threw out the backs and forths stream of consciousness style. Much harder for the mafia to fake, anyone can fake the other stuff.
This is an utopia, however...

Right now I have no read on AGar, I am confused about you and I have (newb) town reads on everyone else. What exactly do you want me to do? Speculate about, for example (EXAMPLE!) Zang hammering prematurely?

The only thing I can surely say about certain people is that they are newb. If you ask me, there are 3 types of
perceivable
behavior:

1) Antitown --> can be either alignment
2) Protown --> can be either alignment
3) Scummy behavior --> is most likely scum

So far I have seen nobody exhibit scummy behavior. Antitown? Fucking loads. Protown? A lot as well.

I don't know shit.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #56) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:29 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

The Quintastic One wrote:I've noticed today that alot of people arn't posting much anymore. That's probably because we lost PaltryExcuse and he was pretty active at getting questions out there. But it seems like we just lynched TBM and the town gave up on trying to find more scum while the suspicions have given up trying to defend themselves. As everyone else already has their vote on who they want their vote on and nobody else is budging in their beliefs on who is scum.
I think most of us simply don't know. I have not seen anything scummy from anyone, just anti-town.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #57) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:18 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

I just re-read Jack in ISO.

From all the players he looks most scummy to me (although ironically he doesn't look most anti-town). His whole theory about the 'mafiascum.net townie' and the ideology and stuff REALLY REALLY looks like backpedaling to me, to make up for his previous anti-town behavior (being OK with TQO having a distorted view of reality, not helping or clearing things up, ...,). It seems to me that he is hiding behind this as a guise of some sorts.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #58) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:57 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

For those who wonder; I will support a lynch on Zang or Jack. StrangerCoug and Vivi, not so much. I fail to see why StrangerCoug is scummy and Vivi would be a policy-lynch, and a rather weak one at that if you ask me. About cruelty, he has raised my eyebrows a few times, but anything grandiose? Not really.

Also,
TQO wrote:In any other mafia game on here any one of you would of been lynched by now for your behavior.
lol
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #59) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:37 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

mislynches are bad, why do you keep offering yourself for one?
Because he is stupid.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (isolation #60) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:14 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

The Quintastic One wrote:
SIR CYANIDE wrote:
mislynches are bad, why do you keep offering yourself for one?
Because he is stupid.
Fuck off. I'm done taking your stupid potshots. So go fuck yourself. You might not be scum this game, but you're scum in real life.
If you really care so much about town winning to the extent that you're willing to offer yourself for a mislynch (stupid btw, but I think we covered that), have you thought about replacing out? That would definitely help whatever faction you're with.

Mafia is not really a game for you, why don't you just go out with some friends and have a beer or two? I'm sure you're much better at that.

Replace out if you really want to martyr yourself.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (isolation #61) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:04 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Zang wrote:
You might not be scum this game, but you're scum in real life.
Wow

and sir c- I doubt he actually wanted to kill himself he probably just said it to prove a point
His 'point' proves nothing. He should replace out.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #62) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

lol
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (isolation #63) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

makes re-reads much more pleasant

*waves at future replacements reading this*
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (isolation #64) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:44 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

SIR CYANIDE wrote:For those who wonder; I will support a lynch on Zang or Jack.
qft
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (isolation #65) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:26 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

double lol (this is my 'bah' post)

have fun all
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (isolation #66) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:09 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Good game.

@Jazzmyn: I don't like how you called me scummy and obnoxious in the QT :'(
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (isolation #67) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:21 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Leafsnail wrote:Just out of interest, why wasn't SC modkilled along with Quin?
I think TQO's posts were more aggressive and offensive. Not sure though.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (isolation #68) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:19 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

wickedestjr wrote:Any suggestions for future games I moderate?
Don't allow TQO.

btw;
BTW, I think Jack's point against Sir Cyanide on page 3 was a good one.
I thought it was really bad. Sometimes I have a feeling like; 'o shit I was newb, how do I save myself' but not in this game, all arguments thrown at me were rubbish if you ask me.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (isolation #69) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:21 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Btw, just to be 'fair' (honest?) about TQO, I was actually baiting TQO into getting modkilled, I quickly noticed he was overly emotional and not very smart in general. Didn't think I'd get replaced for it though as I dimmed down my attacks quite a lot =-\ oh well.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (isolation #70) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:57 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

TQO did not play a good game on any planet or in any reality.

+ the two games I have played with you, you were pretty shit too.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (isolation #71) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Zang wrote:
SIR CYANIDE wrote:TQO did not play a good game on any planet or in any reality.

+ the two games I have played with you, you were pretty shit too.
I wasn't even able to post more than twice in the other game, neither of which were even game related.
In that game, you were asked to claim a magnitude of times and blatantly ignored it.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (isolation #72) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Neighbour quicktopic:
TQO wrote:Either way, TheButtonMen was lynched, and that's all I really wanted. I can be satisfied with whatever else happens in this game because now I don't have to deal with some uninformed jackass calling me a liar every post.
^^ rofl.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (isolation #73) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

@Town: I was a bit surprised that nobody attempted to hold me accountable in any way for my predecessor's horribly scummy play.
I did not play scummy. Just obnoxious, and I upped it up a notch to try and get TQO modkilled. My play could barely have been better, taking out a townie pre-night pre-lynch.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (isolation #74) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:21 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Jazzmyn wrote:Personally, I think it's highly inappropriate for a player who was forcibly replaced for bad play to even be posting here in the post-game.

That's all I'll say about that.

Regards,
Jazz
Your opinion is void, woman.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (isolation #75) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:28 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Wickedestjr wrote:
Also, trying to get a player modkilled isn't really in the spirit of the game.
Sounds like gaming the system to me, which is perfectly ok. It was brutally effective.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”