Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Zang »

Jack wrote:ebwop: I'm very suspicious of people who pretend like they are reading carefully and scumhunting, when they actually aren't. Mafia are always lazier about that.
you read my mind

unvote

vote:Jack
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:52 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Jack wrote:
unvote:sir cyanide,vote:stranger coug

You didn't do an ISO read on me, but you are claiming to.
If I didn't do an ISO read on you, I would not be getting on myself for missing it for so long. I consider making a mental note of something and not commenting on it until several pages later to be cheap unless you were V/LA or otherwise not in the thread. I've made quite a number of posts since the quote I made, if I'm not mistaken so I can't say I was V/LA or not in the thread.

TL;DR version: I call OMGUS.

Unvote: The Quintastic One
and demote to an
HoS
Vote: Jack
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:19 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

@Everyone: Jack is at L-2 now.
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:26 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Zang wrote:
Jack wrote:ebwop: I'm very suspicious of people who pretend like they are reading carefully and scumhunting, when they actually aren't. Mafia are always lazier about that.
you read my mind

unvote

vote:Jack
Did you get the name wrong, or am I missing something here. Could you clarify this vote?
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Zang »

I always thought that Jack was scum (look at my previous posts), I just did not want to risk the chance that he was cop. But now I'm willing to take that chance, for all we know there might not even be a cop.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:14 am

Post by Jack »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Jack wrote:

If I didn't do an ISO read on you, I would not be getting on myself for missing it for so long. I consider making a mental note of something and not commenting on it until several pages later to be cheap unless you were V/LA or otherwise not in the thread. I've made quite a number of posts since the quote I made, if I'm not mistaken so I can't say I was V/LA or not in the thread.

and demote to an
HoS
Is this you providing evidence for having done an ISO read on me? Very well.

I vote you, you vote me back and say
I'm the one
who voted OMGUS? I've had plenty of hos's and votes on me.

StrangerCoug wrote:but what I found instead in an ISO read on you is something weirder on which I'm surprised I haven't commented: you predict the setup.
It's Day 1 and this is not a night start. Unless you're the mod's alt or you personally know the mod, any setup prediction at this point is absurd as we have zero evidence to back it up.
Now, quotes from an ISO read on me:
My guess for the role setup:

1 godfather
2 goon

1 cop
1 doctor
1 roleblocker

Oh well, probably not. But I wouldn't be overly afraid of speculation-->the point I'm making.
Now to be fair, many people misinterpreted this. In fact, it got mentioned repeatedly, to miss that before doing an ISO you would have to barely paying attention:
Jack wrote:
Zang wrote: Jack-I doubt you are the cop, and claiming that you are, so early in the game is scummy

Jack (again)-I do not see why you think that is the setup for this game.
I think you misread.
Jack wrote:What posts did I make that had the purpose of finding pro town roles to kill? That is what role fishing is. How do you feel that I am hiding behind Sir cyanide?

As for the set up "conclusion"--
Jack wrote:Oh well, probably not. But I wouldn't be overly afraid of speculation-->the point I'm making.
Jack wrote:
Zhero wrote: That's an oddly specific guess. Any reasoning?
You haven't read the thread carefully... :!:
Jack wrote:The role setup I proposed was just a vanilla setup, I wasn't actually proposing it. That was the point of the "probably not" and where I said I was just posting it to make the point that speculation wasn't really dangerous.

And to miss it AFTER doing an ISO is implausible. You specifically stated that "you were surprised I hadn't commented on it". See above for my comments on it. You say several times that I "predicted the setup", it's very clear from these comments that I didn't.

So, you weren't reading the thread carefully to begin with, and you didn't do an ISO read. You skimmed through a couple of my posts to find something that you could act like you thought was suspicious.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:17 am

Post by Jack »

Zang wrote:I always thought that Jack was scum (look at my previous posts), I just did not want to risk the chance that he was cop. But now I'm willing to take that chance, for all we know there might not even be a cop.
The post where you voted my implied that you thought I was lazy mafia pretending to be scumhunting. Now you say that you've always thought I was scum, because of my "cop claim" I guess? Don't you remember how everyone was saying quintastic was really new for thinking that was a cop claim?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:50 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Zang wrote:I always thought that Jack was scum (look at my previous posts), I just did not want to risk the chance that he was cop. But now I'm willing to take that chance, for all we know there might not even be a cop.
@Zang: Is it just the perceived cop claim that has you thinking Jack is scummy? Or is there something else to change your mind from Sir Cyanide being less of a detriment than Jack (the original reason you upgraded your FoS to a vote)?
StrangerCoug wrote:
Jack wrote:Ok...follow up question to those who answered. If you are innocent, why would you want the cop to waste an investigation on you? Trying to prove you aren't scared makes sense for the mafia...
What you mention here is true, but I have a scummy meta and the cop, if any, might not be able to get a good read on me.
@Coug: Found this on an ISO read. Why mention this at all? This just doesn't seem to serve a purpose.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:53 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Jack wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Jack wrote:

and demote to an
HoS
Is this you providing evidence for having done an ISO read on me? Very well.
That's my defense, basically.
Jack wrote:I vote you, you vote me back and say
I'm the one
who voted OMGUS? I've had plenty of hos's and votes on me.
If you want my vote off you, you need to convince me that you're not panicking scum.
Jack wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:but what I found instead in an ISO read on you is something weirder on which I'm surprised I haven't commented: you predict the setup.
It's Day 1 and this is not a night start. Unless you're the mod's alt or you personally know the mod, any setup prediction at this point is absurd as we have zero evidence to back it up.
Now, quotes from an ISO read on me:
My guess for the role setup:

1 godfather
2 goon

1 cop
1 doctor
1 roleblocker

Oh well, probably not. But I wouldn't be overly afraid of speculation-->the point I'm making.
Now to be fair, many people misinterpreted this. In fact, it got mentioned repeatedly, to miss that before doing an ISO you would have to barely paying attention:
Jack wrote:
Zang wrote: Jack-I doubt you are the cop, and claiming that you are, so early in the game is scummy

Jack (again)-I do not see why you think that is the setup for this game.
I think you misread.
Jack wrote:What posts did I make that had the purpose of finding pro town roles to kill? That is what role fishing is. How do you feel that I am hiding behind Sir cyanide?

As for the set up "conclusion"--
Jack wrote:Oh well, probably not. But I wouldn't be overly afraid of speculation-->the point I'm making.
Jack wrote:
Zhero wrote: That's an oddly specific guess. Any reasoning?
You haven't read the thread carefully... :!:
Jack wrote:The role setup I proposed was just a vanilla setup, I wasn't actually proposing it. That was the point of the "probably not" and where I said I was just posting it to make the point that speculation wasn't really dangerous.

And to miss it AFTER doing an ISO is implausible. You specifically stated that "you were surprised I hadn't commented on it". See above for my comments on it. You say several times that I "predicted the setup", it's very clear from these comments that I didn't.
First of all, I am complaining about myself, not you, not commenting on your setup speculation. I understand that you're not giving it serious support, but why the hell did you post a setup theory anyway?
Jack wrote:So, you weren't reading the thread carefully to begin with, and you didn't do an ISO read. You skimmed through a couple of my posts to find something that you could act like you thought was suspicious.
That I was looking for something specific in the ISO read is conceded and implied in my vote post, but I didn't find what I was looking for.

So basically, you're posting a setup speculation that even you support, you're turning my words against me, and you're panicking. I'm pretty sure I was right not to automatically assume you are the cop.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:54 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP: that
not
even you support. That's a very important word I forgot.

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:28 am

Post by Jack »

StrangerCoug wrote:That I was looking for something specific in the ISO read is conceded and implied in my vote post, but I didn't find what I was looking for.
I said you weren't paying attention during the game, and didn't do an ISO reread. My claim was that you just ISO'd me, went through the first few posts until you could find something you could say was suspicious, and then quit your reading. I gave proof that you didn't read the rest of the ISO. But you made claims like "you never commented on this" and now "I didn't find what I was looking for" implies that you read the whole ISO.

Looking for a specific "scummy sounding" post in an ISO read, without doing due diligence, is scummy whether you conceded to it or not. I don't see where you conceded to it anyway:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Jack wrote:

and demote to an
HoS
What this seems to say is that you wouldn't have commented on something from a few pages back unless you were V/LA. And that if you hadn't really done an ISO read you wouldn't be getting on yourself for missing that post.
StrangerCoug wrote: I understand that you're not giving it serious support, but why the hell did you post a setup theory anyway?
Are you not reading the posts even now that I went through and picked them out for you? :?: :?:

Ironically, this is the best defense you could have given.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:29 am

Post by The Quintastic One »

I'm still not sure why Mafia would claim Cop so early in the game. I mean, from MY perspective his claim worked and fooled me into thinking he was undoubtably the cop. But from everyone elses perspective it seems obvious that he's actually scum. I'm trying to follow the logic of the debate going on between Strangercoug and Jack, but I don't get it.

I personally think Coug is overreaching a bit much here, because one of his main arguments that keeps being brought up is Jack's Prediction of what the game set up would be.

Of course, I could be bias due to the fact that he has a Hand of Suspicion on me despite me obviously being town and he just refuses to believe it. So I'm starting to think Coug may just be scum who is looking for anything and everything he can to manipulate and cling onto it to try and get a lynch.

I don't like how easily Zang's been manipulated either (yeah, pot meet kettle, sue me). One moment he understands my vote on Sir Cyanide over Jack and agrees with my points, the next moment now all of a sudden he's known Jack is scum all along. I don't buy it.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:33 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

despite me obviously being town
Why are you so obviously town, according to yourself?
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:44 am

Because nobodies answered my question as to why mafia would be so willing to be investigated by the cop. As you can see from my earlier posts, I was CONVINCED that Jack was the cop, and still am about 70% sure of that. So I go "pick me! pick me!" for an investigation. Are there any other roles beyond the Mafia Godfather that you can think of that would be so blatantly willing to be investigated.

Yes, I understand now that the cop investigating scum would be alot more effective than clearing me as town. But still, if I am THIS confident that I am innocent, I find it very suspect that other people are still as confident as they are that I am scummy.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:47 am

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. A guy borderline claims cop of all roles and the town turns on him, so me claiming townie (I do have an ability but I don't think I should reveal it unless I'm actually in need of a true claim) shouldn't surprise me that people still think I'm scum. lol. What right do I have after all to think I could be cleared when the hypothetical town cop himself can't get away with an early claim? lol.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:54 am

Post by Jack »

The Quintastic One wrote:Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. A guy borderline claims cop of all roles and the town turns on him, so me claiming townie (I do have an ability but I don't think I should reveal it unless I'm actually in need of a true claim) shouldn't surprise me that people still think I'm scum. lol. What right do I have after all to think I could be cleared when the hypothetical town cop himself can't get away with an early claim? lol.
The Quintastic One wrote:Pick me false early claiming cop-sir! lol.
It shouldn't surprise you...
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Zhero »

StrangerCoug wrote: That I was looking for something specific in the ISO read is conceded and implied in my vote post, but I didn't find what I was looking for.
What were you looking for?

I'm not sure I'm unerstanding your point here. Why is proposing a game setup (especially one he acknowledges in the same post to be made up) scummy?
TQO wrote: Because nobodies answered my question as to why mafia would be so willing to be investigated by the cop. As you can see from my earlier posts, I was CONVINCED that Jack was the cop, and still am about 70% sure of that. So I go "pick me! pick me!" for an investigation. Are there any other roles beyond the Mafia Godfather that you can think of that would be so blatantly willing to be investigated.
Hehe, are you breadcrumbing godfather?
TQO wrote: Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. A guy borderline claims cop of all roles and the town turns on him, so me claiming townie (I do have an ability but I don't think I should reveal it unless I'm actually in need of a true claim) shouldn't surprise me that people still think I'm scum. lol. What right do I have after all to think I could be cleared when the hypothetical town cop himself can't get away with an early claim? lol.
Well, yeah. If we believed you were town just because you said so, scum would have a pretty easy game.
-Zhero
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:58 am

That my first initial response, you should be smart enough to look back and see my reasonings as to why I was convinced later on.

Unless of course you're encouraging me to believe you're no longer to be considered the cop, then you'd pretty much be the most scummy and worthy of my vote. To be honest, the fact that I still think you're a cop is pretty much your soul saving grace at this point.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:00 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

The Quintastic One wrote:That my first initial response, you should be smart enough to look back and see my reasonings as to why I was convinced later on.

Unless of course you're encouraging me to believe you're no longer to be considered the cop, then you'd pretty much be the most scummy and worthy of my vote. To be honest, the fact that I still think you're a cop is pretty much your soul saving grace at this point.
WHAT? Why? You've never mentioned you find Jack scummy at any point.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Jack »

The Quintastic One wrote:That my first initial response, you should be smart enough to look back and see my reasonings as to why I was convinced later on.
So why don't you understand their response? I remember the post where you said you were convinced, it was after my 2nd post where I said something like "who seriously wants to be investigated?". If you didn't believe me after the first post, why don't you understand them not believing me after the 2nd post?
If you didn't think I was the cop you would put me at lynch -1, is that what you're saying?
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Zang »

Paltryexcuse-I was going to unvote cyanide anyway, I originally voted for him because he was no use to the town whether he is or isn't mafia but he has disproven me of that so I was going to unvote him.

Tqo-I did believe your points and I don't know that Jack is scum, the only people that know who is scum is scum. And can you elaborate more on how I am being manipulated?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Jack »

PaltryExcuse wrote:

WHAT? Why? You've never mentioned you find Jack scummy at any point.
I'm reading this as "I want to vote Jack because it looks like he can be lynched, but I'm stuck because I've been saying I think he's the cop".
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:27 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Not much I can add to the discussion atm, but @TQO: please watch out with what you post regarding roles and abilities.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:59 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Can we stop trying to figure out who the cop is?

@Zhero
; What do you think of the spate between TQO, Jack and SIR_Cynaide?
The Quintastic One wrote:And B) If Jack is lynched and he IS the town cop, that's 3 games in a row I've been in where the town cop was lynched on day 1. lol. I don't think I could live down that shame.
Don't lie or exagerate, a common rule used on this site is Lynch all Liars, only in one of your previous games did you lynch a cop D1, the fact that you overexagerated it to that degree makes it look like an appeal to emotion.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Jack »

Nice find TB...I think right now this thread needs TQO to come back.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”