ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:54 pm

Post by ekiM »

Self-voting in RVS is anti-town because it denies the town some interactions to work from. Any attempt to reduce the amount of information you're giving in the early game is scummy, because only scum have a motive for it.

Vote: Kise
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by ekiM »

People seem to be being quite confrontational and antagonistic for so early in the game. I don't know if it's personalities clashing or an attempt to hide a connection or what, but could we try to tone down the mean spirited comments a bit?

I find people playing with an affected persona obnoxious, but Sho obviously intended to post this way before he got his role PM so I don't see how it can possibly be scummy. I certainly won't support any sort of policy lynch based upon it.

Exalt, I don't really understand why you placed a random vote and then removed it without placing it elsewhere. What does that accomplish?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:31 pm

Post by ekiM »

Welcome, Zazie. Please condense your thoughts into single posts, don't make multiple posts in a row, one for each thought. I find that style of posting incredibly hard to follow.

Exalt, I don't think there's any point in placing a random vote then removing it as soon as the RVS is over. I guess this is kind of tangential though and not scummy if this is just your playstyle/opinion.

A policy lynch is a lynch for someone's playstyle. You're floating the idea of lynching Sho for his playstyle. That's a policy lynch. It's not appropriate, because his playstyle can't indicate his alignment as it's invariant from game to game and was picked in advance. We should be looking to lynch scum, not whomever we find obnoxious. Note also that pushing a policy lynch is a common place for scum to hide.

Frankly, I find your making an issue of Sho's playstyle is being far more distracting than Sho's playstyle itself. Do you think you could try dropping it? What do you think about the other players in the game?

Kise, I'm not sure I understand the purpose of your trap. You did something genuinely scummy so I voted you for it. I don't feel the need to make a random vote if there's something better to follow up.

As for your complaint about my lack of posting, that's a fair comment. I'll try to fix it. You also pointed out FrankiePeanuts as flying under the radar, and Santos for not posting at all. What about Raivann, Toro and itacv2? I don't see much content from them, but you didn't mention them.

As for your question, Frankie's assertion that scumhunting can only start in earnest after we've seen a flip would be concerning if it came from someone who should know better. Similarly with his non-commital expressions of confusion. However, his request to be replaced in both of his games on this site tells me he was genuinely an overwhelmed newbie. If anything, I'd consider that a slight town-tell, newbie scum tend to be more engaged. I'm going to be considering his replacement afresh.

Raivann, how are you agreeing with me? I think placing a random vote and later removing it without re-voting is useless, but I don't really think it's scummy. I feel uncomfortable that you're invoking my name to justify a vote I don't support, especially when you've said nothing else all game. Please explain what you mean by "trying too hard" and why it's scummy. Comments on other players would be good, also.

Santos, Toro, itacv2... contribute please.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:51 pm

Post by ekiM »

Zazie, I've read your explanation for your posting style and I think it's just, well, wrong. It is
a lot harder
for me to follow the thread if every single different thought you have has its own post. That's why people don't do that usually.

Anyway I'm not going to argue with you about it, but I do wish you would just post normally. I like most of what you're saying, it just gives me a bit of a headache to read it all split up like this.

Exalt, I think I don't really understand what you're saying. You've said you're not suggesting a policy lynch on Sho for his posting style, but that you
would
vote for him if he kept posting like that. I guess I don't understand the fundamental difference between pushing a policy lynch now, and suggesting you'll push one later. Both are suggesting that someone should be lynched for
the way that they post
rather than
because they are likely to be scum
. I think we should lynch people we think are likely to be scum, and I don't see how someone choosing to post in a certain way (in this and another game) makes it more likely that they are scum.

Do you think Sho posting this way makes him more likely to be scum, or are you saying this style of posting could be so anti-town it should be dealt with by a lynch even if it doesn't make him likely scum, or that it's impossible to determine the scumminess of someone posting that way? Or something else?

In answer to your question, I'm going to be ignoring his way of phrasing things and examining what he actually says and seeing if it is scummy. I don't see why his using "zetta" instead of "very" means that we can't attempt to deduce his alignment in the same way as we would with any other player.

Kise, I'm afraid I still don't understand your 'trap'. You did something scummy. I pointed it out. Now what? You're using a lot of pejorative phrases such as 'nitpicking' and 'taking the moral high ground' to describe my behavior, when all I've done is point out a scummy thing you did and vote you for it. Do you have a problem with me pointing out scummy behavior? Why?

itacv2, you've justified your vote on DDD, but I'd like to hear any comments you have on other players. Townies do tunnel, but scum can pretend to tunnel to avoid interacting with too many players.

Raivann, there's really no need to be sarcastic. I didn't complain that you agreed with me, I complained that you said you were agreeing with me when you were not.

Why does Exalt's removal of his vote come off as 'trying too hard to appear townie'? Do you have any other comments at all on the game?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:41 am

Post by ekiM »

Kise, you're blowing smoke. I've asked you more than once what your 'trap' was meant to do and you've not answered.

Mod: Toro hasn't posted in three days. Prod please.

Mod: Votecount please.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:05 am

Post by ekiM »

Mod: Thanks.

Raivann: I've looked at that other game DDD mentioned and you got stuck into playing
far
more quickly there. Do some of the following:
  • Ask questions
  • Look for scumtells
  • Put pressure on people
  • Voice your suspicions
So far all you have done is voice suspicion of Exalt.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:24 pm

Post by ekiM »

No, DDD, can't say that I do.

itacv2 suggests DDD is scum going for the easy target of Raivann, but says we might want to lynch Raivann to test this. This looks like a clumsy attempt to set up a chain of mislynches.

unvote; vote itacv2
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:41 pm

Post by ekiM »

Santos isn't pulling his weight. He says that he's in way too many games, but I count just two others where he's active (plus one he just died in). What gives?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:02 am

Post by ekiM »

itacv2's latest post cements my vote for him. I'd like everyone to comment on posts 145 and 160.

Exalt, I still don't get you re: Sho.
Nobody
said we should ignore him if he does scummy things. We've said that posting "in character" is not scummy.

Also, no vote? Who are your suspects right now?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:40 am

Post by ekiM »

I was responding to your post 174, silly bear.

And, look:
Exalt wrote:I understand what zetta is, but used in the context you put it in does not work unless you are going for the slang term, which is the same as "uber, or super". Saying something is "zeta cool" is the same as saying something is "hella cool". We might understand the meaning, but it doesn't mean it is grammatically correct used in that fashion. Calling someone else dumb because you choose to not be grammatically correct is the same as trying to factor hectopascals.

For everyone else, I saw this in another game I'm in, and
Sho is contriving his wording and playstyle
based on some type of anime character with the same name. The link can be found here http://twewy.wikia.com/wiki/Sho_Minamimoto
I hope he doesn't continue to do it all game, because I think it will become quite annoying later on.
Exalt wrote:
If Sho keeps it up I would vote him simply because acting like that is pretty annoying
, and it is more detrimental than actually productive to town in terms of analyzing and scum hunting. If I decided to speak a very unknown foreign language in the game, you would probably vote me off too, because you would know that I could speak English and so speaking the foreign language would only be to be unhelpful to town and piss everyone else off. Being detrimental on purpose can only be viewed as scummy, no matter how you look at it. It is that simple.
You were talking about
the style in which he posts
. It is not scummy to say "zetta" instead of "hella". Period.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:43 am

Post by ekiM »

Exalt, why are you not voting? Who are your suspects right now?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:08 am

Post by ekiM »

itacv2 wrote:I still think That DDD has a chance to be a big shot scum, lol, but he makes a point.
I think we might want to test the case.
Why? If Raivann is lynched and he is town we might be short of one people but a nontalkative one, since he is counterproductive is not a big deal
and might then watch the patterns of behavior , the bandwagoners and reactions to the lynch.
What did you mean by "test the case" other than "lynch Raivann"?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:51 pm

Post by ekiM »

I have read the thread, Exalt. That is how I know that when you first complained about Sho's 'playstyle' you were referring to the way he phrased his posts; the way he was posting 'in character', and said that if he kept it up you would vote him for it.

Raivann, you said that you were agreeing with the case Zazie made on itacv2 and would reread him. Have you reread him? What do you conclude?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:07 pm

Post by ekiM »

Exalt, when you say things like:
Exalt wrote:As far as you saying we should not lynch him for the "way he posts", well I disagree, because if he slips up and makes scummy posts, then obviously you cannot call that a play style. If he makes mistakes and looks like scum and does scummy things in his posts, then why are you calling it his play style still? Get what I'm saying here?

You cannot call everything he does and says a play style, because you are just going to give him a free pass.
... you are putting words into my mouth that I never said.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:50 am

Post by ekiM »

Exalt, when I objected to the "policy lynch" I was objecting to a lynch for stuff like using 'zetta' instead of 'very' or using math metaphors. That's what you'd complained about initially about Sho's playstyle. Maybe you were actually talking about something else, but it didn't come off that way.

I don't believe anyone said "If Sho does something scummy then let's ignore it because that's his playstle", or anything similar. So I think you've been tilting at windmills a bit.

Anyway, this is beating a dead horse. Looking forward to those cases!
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:57 am

Post by ekiM »

muzzz, why are you voting for someone not on your suspect list?

Santos, you accuse Zazie of fence-sitting. She has made a case and placed a real vote. You have not.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:18 pm

Post by ekiM »

itacv2, why do you ignore post 201? Look:
Itacv2 wrote:I still think That DDD has a chance to be a big shot scum, lol, but he makes a point.

Why? If Raivann is lynched and he is town we might be short of one people but a nontalkative one, since he is counterproductive is not a big deal
and might then watch the patterns of behavior , the bandwagoners and reactions to the lynch.
itacv2 wrote:But u saying that I WANTED RAIVANN dead, that i cant permit, because
i never said i wanted him dead, nor i made a move against him
. I just explained my point of view in the current situation.
How do you explain this contradiction?

Your latest post is more wishy-washyness. I think you're inexperienced scum.

Raivann wrote:
ekiM wrote:Raivann, you said that you were agreeing with the case Zazie made on itacv2 and would reread him. Have you reread him? What do you conclude?
Reading him in iso all his posts are about DDD & me. I thought that if he was scum he would have switched his vote to me, then I realized you called him out on his 'test the case' theory. Another reason for him not switching could be that DDD had more votes on him.

His posts do seem scummy, I'd be down for itacv2 lynch

unvote, Vote:itacv2
Raivann wrote:on second thought I'm with Toro, I wanna lynch DDD

unvote, Vote:Debonair Danny Dipietro
Raivann wrote:I am thinking scum is trying to setup icatv2 for mislynch. And I'm thinking scum might be lurking.
Zazie wrote:Do you support a DDD lynch? If so, why?
Yeah, like icactv2 says he may be 'big shot scum'.
How have you gone from thinking itacv2 was scummy to thinking he might be a mislynch?

You expressed agreement with the case on itacv2 and voted for him. However you soon unvoted and pushed a competing wagon. Now you're questioning the itacv2 wagon altogether. You're trying to have it both ways. Why is that?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by ekiM »

Kise hasn't made a real post in a week.

Still waiting on Exalt's case.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:28 am

Post by ekiM »

Been busy this weekend. Was expecting to see something substantial from Kise and Exalt. Where are they??
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #20) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:08 am

Post by ekiM »

Welcome, ConfidAnon.
Exalt wrote:@ everyone: Just wondering... but most of you have been leaving me alone lately regarding the lurking. I have been lurking quite a bit yet no one seems to have taken much notice. Can I ask why?
You keep promising you're back and ready to participate. Maybe we are giving you the benefit of the doubt too much. I've basically been waiting for you and Kise to get back so the game can continue. There's just under a week until deadline now so it'd be really good if you did get that analysis done.
Exalt wrote:I'm going to do analysis post soon. Can everyone please explain their current suspicions of players so far in the game? I want to know where everyone stands before I make a huge post that could influence anything, just in case people decide to backpeddle and state they never had any type of suspicions on certain players.
itacv2 is my prime suspect. His suggestion to lynch Raivann was by far the scummiest thing I've seen this game, and his attempt to backtrack and lie about having said that made things worse. I think he should be our lynch for today. I'm a bit bemused by how little attention this is getting.

I've had a bad feeling about Santos. He hasn't made a real vote all game as far as I can see. He followed DDD onto Raivann, said he liked the logic, then did a 180. Later he voted Kise for inactiveness and later unvoted. Why no real votes? What are his real suspicions?

I wasn't happy with Exalt's and Kise's inactivity. Not sure that it's scummy though. I found myself agreeing with a lot of what Confide has been saying in his catch-up analysis.
Itacv2 wrote:I believe that i have addressed so far evry question you have dared to ask, is there anyone else who like to make a question, or should we proceed to Zazier in the matter of him making all the questions and nobody questioning him.
I have one you never answered.
ekiM wrote:itacv2, why do you ignore post 201? Look:
Itacv2 wrote:I still think That DDD has a chance to be a big shot scum, lol, but he makes a point.

itacv2 wrote:But u saying that I WANTED RAIVANN dead, that i cant permit, because
i never said i wanted him dead, nor i made a move against him
. I just explained my point of view in the current situation.
How do you explain this contradiction?
You did say you wanted Raivann dead, didn't you? That we should "test the case"? Even as you hedged your bets and said he might well be a townie, but lynching him anyway wouldn't be a disaster. Then you lied about it, and said you never moved against him. Then you ignored me when I pointed out the lie.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #21) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:47 pm

Post by ekiM »

If itacv2 is lying then a real mason should counter claim. Lying would be suicidal though, so I seriously doubt it.

Assuming he's legit, I think his partner probably should claim. I'm not firm on the theory here but I think DDD is right that masons do better to reveal themselves when they can confirm one another, then scum can't afford to fake counter.

By the way itacv2, for future reference, you weren't really that close to being lynched so you would've done better to hold back the claim. It's done now and you're essentially confirmed town (and probably dying tonight), so you can now scumhunt without people questioning your motivations. Please try to make the most of it.
Exalt wrote:Masons don't start out alone..... He has a parter.....

So unless a partner claims... it proves itacv2 is lying and we lynch itacv2....

so it would be very advisable for his town to claim at this point
Firstly, this is an OPEN SETUP. Go read it.

Secondly, you have this back-asswards. If he is lying scum then he will be counter claimed. If nobody else claims that means he's town but his partner has decided not to claim (or is V/LA). I think they probably should claim, but they might disagree. Suggesting we lynch itacv2 if his partner doesn't claim is wrong.

It's getting ridiculous how long you've promised an analysis and not delivered.
Unvote; Vote: Exalt
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:20 am

Post by ekiM »

Read the setup Exalt. Sheesh.
Alduskkel on page one, post three wrote:
The Setup

Mafia Goons

Masons

Vanilla Townies

Day Start

The Role PMs:

Vanilla Townie PM wrote:You are a
Vanilla Townie
, and have nothing but your word and your vote. You win when all the Mafia have been eliminated and at least 1 Pro-Town player is still alive.

The Game Thread is here. Please confirm in thread.
Mason PM wrote:You are a
Mason
, and have the ability to talk to X at Night. You also know X to be innocent. Aside from that, all you have is your word and your vote. You win when all the Mafia have been eliminated and at least 1 Pro-Town player is still alive.

Mafia Goon PM wrote:You are a
Mafia Goon
, and are a member of the Mafia with Y, another Mafia Goon. You can talk to Y at Night and also kill someone each Night. Aside from that, all you have is your word and your vote. You win when all Pro-Town players have been eliminated (or nothing can prevent this) and at least one Pro-Mafia player is still alive.

ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:43 am

Post by ekiM »

Exalt wrote:Yeah probably... except Meta game me and find out if its a true scum tell. I promised the analysis in 3 seperate games. I got the little "vote exalt because he didn't follow through right away" thing as well from them.

One game I was a townie, the other game I was a cop. Go ahead and meta.

If you don't meta, I would assume you are too lazy to even try or care, OR you are scum for voting me based on an analysis post that I didn't bring up yet. That isn't a scum tell, sorry.
I just got called lazy by someone who has been promising a case for two weeks. Laugh.

You apparently have lots of time to devote to other games, but not this one. Why?

It's been two weeks since you were voting for someone, two weeks since you went on record with your suspicions, two weeks since you put any effort at all into scumhunting or analysis. That's unacceptably anti-town, and it is scummy.
Exalt wrote:But keep "pressure" voting me if you like, because frankly I don't give a shit right now. I'll do things on my own time when I feel like doing them. If you don't agree go ahead and lynch me, but if you are town I would say its the wrong thing to do.
If you don't want to play then replace out. If you want to keep playing without contributing then that's a strong scum tell.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:34 am

Post by ekiM »

He could've multiplied two very large prime numbers together then told Toro in private what they were. Then when it came time for someone to claim, if they could supply the prime numbers we'd know they were telling the truth. If they couldn't, they'd be lying.

Or any other form of trapdoor cryptography...
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #25) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:50 am

Post by ekiM »

@muzzz, Cliff Notes version: itacv2 got a wagon on him and claimed masons (with toro). No CC so it's true. Now there are wagons on Raivann and Exalt. Kind of one on Zazie, who seems to have vanished? And Exalt is trying to start a wagon on DDD.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:12 am

Post by ekiM »

Exalt's case on DDD is really overblown. The first request for votes on Raivann was never going to lead to a quicklynch, and I believe he said he was looking for reactions. The vote on itacv2 was fine, dude was suspicious. Nothing to do with a quicklynch. The vote on Exalt for not contributing, same story, fine vote, no quicklynch in sight.

Also Exalt repeatedly called Raivann scummy during his analysis then at the end said everyone should unvote him, and it's only based on him being a lurker? Huh? This is a pretty glaring inconsistency. Explain please.

His rhetoric in the last few posts doesn't sit well with me.

Confide makes a great point on why would DDD move his to Exalt if he was scum? I don't agree Raivann is hugely scummy though... his play hasn't been great but he's coming off more like a townie putting in a poor performance right now.

I think DDD and Zazie are town and I think Exalt looks worse than Raivann right now. Happy with my vote.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:14 am

Post by ekiM »

Also, five days until deadline I see. Zazie, itacv2, Toro, Santos! Start playing again!
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:06 am

Post by ekiM »

@mod and others:
No longer V/LA. Will catch up tonight or tomorrow.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #29) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:25 am

Post by ekiM »

Tomorrow morning. Promise.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:55 am

Post by ekiM »

First of all, sorry for the delay. Last few days have been crazy.

Reading what I've missed, I'm a little surprised by the speed with which the last few votes on Exalt came yesterday. Self-hammering didn't help, of course.

Raivann, what's up with all the 180s towards the end of yesterdy?

ConfidAnon, was your vote for Exalt because you wanted to make sure we had a lynch before deadline? Why did you join with the person you were trying to lynch (Raivann) to lynch someone else?

Sho, what "Exalt-Raiv" connections were you referring to in 461?

Obvious night kill is obvious---now the masons are outed they'll be knocked off first. Nothing to conclude from this.

itacv2, ConfidAnon, and ZazieR go back to their previous suspicions. OK.

Raivann says ConfidAnon is scum for the way he joined the Exalt wagon. Some OK points. However, you joined his wagon making it the biggest, which looks a bit like self-defence.

No vote. Why?

DDD tries to shake the game up by voting for Sho. I think isn't very useful without an argument to back it up.

itacv2 is being replaced. Hopefully his replacement will be more engaged.

Sho votes me for not posting when I said I would. Shrug, wasn't on all weekend.

Sho Minamimoto wrote:Mhm, and the self-hammer was so pro town. Although, I must say at least you're voting me with something that resebles a reason.

As for everyone on Raiv, ekiM, and muzzz, reasons anyone? A case? A theory? Give me something to work with.
You're the only one voting me o_0. Not paying attention?

Also, are you basically asking for someone to give you a bandwagon to follow? Why not do some scumhunting of your own?

Zazie replaced? Bleh, he was one of the active ones.

DDD - got reasons or not? Don't be coy, now.

That's me caught up on developments. Not decided on a vote yet.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:20 am

Post by ekiM »

Sho wrote:And no, I am not looking for a bandwagon. I would vote one of them, but all these starting votes seem to lack justification. I just want some justification, which would allow me to root out the worthless wagons and vote the person starting it. But, this seems to be a largely ignored trend, and I am just churning up the same point over and over again.
I ask again: why can't you do scumhunting yourself? All you've done today is ask other people to give you a reason to vote.

Vote: Sho

Muzz, why is Raivann saying "my buddy" worth a vote? Seriously, Raivann feels pretty townie to me at the moment and I don't remember you being suspicious of him before.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (isolation #32) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:54 am

Post by ekiM »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
ekiM wrote:DDD - got reasons or not? Don't be coy, now.
His early play defined the "middle" section of posters that I've taken to looking for scum in. Furthermore, I'm bothered by the fact that so many of his posts are littered with small compliments. They fill up space making him look busier than he is and they're designed to elicit good will towards himself. He quickly jumps Exalt to L-1 by simply quoting the argument of others and he's shown little desire to hunt for scum himself.
Alright.
ConfidAnon wrote:Replacement avoidance, sorry, RL is crazy.
Please find time to catch up soon, or, if you don't have the time, consider requesting replacement.
Netlava wrote:/confirm
Welcome. You are a confirmed townie mason. Good news: nobody will be questioning your motivations at all. Bad news: you're going to die tonight. I suggest you make the most of today! Read through and give us your fresh perspective, ask questions, etc.
Muzz wrote:@Ekim: it's not so much about him acknowledging it now as it is about him ignoring it for the two weeks in which Toro was alive. That, combined with the fact that his entire case on me is based on Toro's misinterpreted crap, tells me that he's going for townie cred by association with Toro.
I think it was just a light hearted comment. Citing it as a reason for a vote seem like reaching. I agree that we shouldn't be taking everything toro said as gospel though.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #33) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:11 pm

Post by ekiM »

I'm not getting much out of the Raivann lynch.

Vote: Sho
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:05 am

Post by ekiM »

muzz, I am voting Sho because he was not scumhunting yesterday and because he supported both lynches without giving much justification.

You were pretty focused on Raivann yesterday. Whom do you suspect now?

What is up with Zazie? He last posted more than two weeks ago, asking not to be replaced. He hadn't posted for a week at that point. So in three weeks we've had nothing from him. Moreover, I saw him joining a new game on this site... but he's ignoring this one.

Mod: Can you find out if Zazie still wants to play?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (isolation #35) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:40 am

Post by ekiM »

Zazie, if you can post every couple of days then please do so. Otherwise request replacement. I have literally no idea where you stand on anything right now.

Actually this game as a whole is pretty lifeless, which is frustrating. It's been nearly a week since the start of D3 and about half the players have said nothing of consequence today. We're not going to get anywhere if we all just phone it in.

muzz, I agree Kise's points against Zazie are not good. The NKs so far were on the confirmed players, for obvious reasons. I don't see how Zazie was more instrumental in outing the masons than other players. And yeah Kise was on both lynches so he's not looking great right now.

Do you have any other suspects? Why aren't you voting?

Sho, who are your suspects?

Santos, why Zazie? Do you agree with Kise's points against him? Who are your other suspects?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (isolation #36) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:45 am

Post by ekiM »

What are you hoping it will prove, Kise? Once they were revealed, the masons were going to be killed off first. Right?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (isolation #37) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:07 am

Post by ekiM »

I now have some handle on the suspicions of: DDD, Sho, and muzzz. Zazie, Kise, and Santos all need to list suspects with reasons.

Vote Count #22

ZazieR (2) - Kise, Santos
Sho Minamimoto (2) - Debonair Danny DiPietro, ekiM

4 to lynch.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (isolation #38) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:21 am

Post by ekiM »

The night kills were the two outed masons. Nobody else was going to be shot. Understand?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #39) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:30 am

Post by ekiM »

Kise didn't read the whole thread genuinely trying to work out who is scum, he just isolation-read Zazie looking for something incriminating.

unvote; Vote Kise
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (isolation #40) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:17 am

Post by ekiM »

Your "why is Zazie still alive" argument makes no sense whatsoever. We had two outed masons on D1. They were inevitably the first two NKs. The scum have had no discretionary kills so far this game. I'm baffled as to what part of this you don't understand.

Your argument assumes that if Zazie is town scum would have chosen to kill her over outed masons. That's absurd.

There is nothing wrong with iso-reading players you suspect. What there is a problem with is not reading the thread enough to even know how the mason-outing went down. There's a problem with reverting to your suspicions from the very start of the game because you can't be bothered to take anything that's happened since then into account. You're blatantly not interested in actually analyzing this game; figuring out what's going on; or objective scumhunting. This is scummy as hell.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (isolation #41) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:42 am

Post by ekiM »

Mod: Maybe it's time to look for a replacement for Zazie?

Sho, what do you mean Kise's arguments are situational? Are they valid in the situation which is this game? Which are ok which are not?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (isolation #42) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:12 pm

Post by ekiM »

Santos wrote:eKim, are you suggesting Kise is bussing?
No.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (isolation #43) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:18 pm

Post by ekiM »

I see Zazie posting in other games.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:22 am

Post by ekiM »

Hi all, sorry for not getting on over the weekend. I will try to catch up this evening.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (isolation #45) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:48 am

Post by ekiM »

Kise looks better to me now he's actually participating. I could forgive his comments on rejoining the game today as possible lazy town.

Sho has done nothing pro-town since I was last voting him. He's said he won't defend himself, and said he thinks Santos is scum without reasons. He hasn't voted.
Unvote; vote: Sho Minamimoto

Santos, can you sum up a case on Zazie in a few bullet points? That that player slot hasn't been active for weeks really bugs me, but I remember thinking Zazie was his usual self when active.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (isolation #46) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:58 am

Post by ekiM »

Mod and others: I will be V/LA Fri 25th to Sun 27th.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #47) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:18 am

Post by ekiM »

Kise and muzzz, what's your opinion of Sho?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (isolation #48) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:42 am

Post by ekiM »

Sho, how am I "testing the waters" when I'm already voting you and advocating your lynch? I asked two players their opinion of another player. I don't even know what you're trying to say is problematic about that.

Kise, I might have a go of it tomorrow when I have some more time, but it's not so much specific scummy things. It's more the way he's been active lurking and not scumhunting for ages and ages.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (isolation #49) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:43 am

Post by ekiM »

Also, I like the way Zazie is joining and playing in new games whilst leaving us in impasse hell. Grr.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (isolation #50) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:23 am

Post by ekiM »

Hi all, sorry for needing prodding. Term has just started and things are hectic. I'll have time to catch up and post thoughts tomorrow morning.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (isolation #51) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:30 pm

Post by ekiM »

Here, reading.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (isolation #52) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by ekiM »

What he said.

Vote: Shanba
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (isolation #53) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:50 pm

Post by ekiM »

Apathy killed the radio star. Good game, all.

Thanks go to Alduskkel for some patient modding.

Thanks to muzzz for being a good partner.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (isolation #54) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:00 pm

Post by ekiM »

Shrug. I think I would have reacted exactly the same as town, but I might be wrong.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”