orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:16 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Vote: Fllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllava FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAV

For giving all of us ridiculous nicknames, instead of going by our real name? I mean, Orangepenguin? Glitter? Mastin?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Prodded. Sorry, I last posted during the RVS and stopped following along around then, waiting for the game to officially begin, and so I kind of got behind. [/excuse]

But I'll catch up now that the game is real and everything, because a lot has happened, and I am really confused at this point as a result of that. My fault, but yeah. Will fix that.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Okay, re-reading. For some reason, I am getting wolf-vibes from Mastin from his initial posts (like when he is focusing on the 3 mafia instead of the werewolfs) and scum vibes from Noramp and Falco.

I am also getting vibes from Crazy, but unlike the others, it's not so much what he's said in-thread, just a gut feeling, I guess. I guess I am pretty neutral on him, at the moment though.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

scum vibes from Noramp and Falco.
That should be Flava, not Falco.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Okay, now I am finished. I don't have any vibes on Crazy anymore. I'll remain neutral on him, for now.

unvote, vote: Noramp
. Ugh, literally every post of his makes me wanna insert rolling eye smileys everywhere.

I wanna get to bed, but I wanted to get caught up, since I got lost following the random voting stage (I wasn't paying attention, I guess, and didn't understand how the early OMGUS argument started, and got behind, and didn't bother catching up. And Mastin is in this game, so I wasn't that motivated to read his posts - which contain valid points, IMO, and I think he is truly scum hunting..MAFIA, but I still think he's probably another faction - the wolves.)

But yeah, I kind of grazed through the last couple pages, but I saw Zazi have some questions or something, so I will address them later, and yeahhhhhhhh.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:35 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Really sorry. For some reason, I haven't even been checking the site anymore, and I don't know why I continue to do this (the past few days).

But considering Drench is having troubles finding two replacements, I will stick with the game, and actually try to be a participant.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

ZazieR wrote:
OP wrote:Really sorry. For some reason, I haven't even been checking the site anymore, and I don't know why I continue to do this (the past few days).

But considering Drench is having troubles finding two replacements, I will stick with the game, and actually try to be a participant.
Uhm, yes you have been checking the site.
You posted one post each day. So ''anymore'' is a big overreaction.
Hah, I thought it was a lot less. And ever if it was one post each day, that is REALLY low for me, compared to what I used to, where I posted like.. 10 times a day or more (whatever the top poster list said). I mean, I wasn't a Zwet or KMD-level poster, no, but I was fairly active, and so I don't think it was an overreaction in the slightest. But I HAVE been ignoring the site, for some reason, I think due to disinterest.

But enough excuses. I should get involved or replace out. Starting now.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:38 am

Post by orangepenguin »

If you think that I'm a werewolf, why are you voting Noramp instead of me, OP?
Because it makes more sense for town to lynch scum first, not werewolves.
I explained this already. I've found three mafia. But we didn't have anyone contributing enough for me to find a werewolf. (Though when Noramp came in, this changes. One wolf down, one to go.)
Found three mafia? No, you didn't! You suspect three people as mafia, you didn't find anything yet! Unless you have proof, or unless we lynch them, then you haven't found them. You could be right, it's possible. But I don't agree.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:22 am

Post by orangepenguin »

yabbaguy wrote:
Change:
orangepenguin >>> tilting scummy

@OP-325: First off, if I had it my way, I would lynch a werewolf, because they're the ones who are actually picking off the town. Secondly, the only possible way you can tell mafia from werewolf on D1 is if you can somehow identify how many people are affiliating themselves with a specific scumgroup (2 or 3).

And if you manage to do that, well kudos to you. But I think you're misleading us here. Once an antagonist flips scum or werewolf, you may be able to have more of a read on D2 and beyond, but 325 is a crap insight.

Is this what you truthfully believe?
There are 3 scum though, 2 werewolves. We have to kill all 5 to win. The only advantages in lynching werewolves first is you could eliminate their faction first, reducing a scum kill. But if you kill mafia, it would cut mafia from 3 to 2. I think Mastin is scum because of his intense focus on the mafia and I am getting werewolve vibes from him. In this Lovers Game I played, I replaced in as a werewolf, and we were killed day 1 because my partner and the person I replaced focused too much on trying to kill the mafia. But the numbers suggest lynching mafia today, right? So if we're not killing werewolves today, then I am not voting Mastin.

Why would I say all that and not believe it? I haven't been paying much attention lately, but still, I think I have a grasp on what is going on, at least better than you do. A crap insight? Elaborate please.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:12 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

yabbaguy wrote:Now let's analyze this, OP. Let's pretend it's our choice. We have 7 town v. 3 Mafia v. 2 WWs

If we hit Mafia, and let's say the werewolves hit a town each time.

4 town v. 2 WWs

that's MyLo. On the other hand... let's lynch a werewolf each time. (and have them kill town each time, at worst)

5 town v. 3 mafia

but we can now afford to mislynch at least once, and possibly more.

So yes, your insight is dead wrong. Werewolves are by far the more favorable of the lynches, and it'd be WW favorable to make the town think otherwise.
This makes sense, I guess. So would it be beneficial to lynch Mastin over Noramp (for me, not you, since it doesn't look like you agree)?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Ugh, not this again. Lynch anybody that you think is scum; that's it. Mastin is just overexaggerating his scum-hunting ability... there's absolutely nothing saying that he's right about the mafia team.
Eh, whatever. I am keeping my vote on Noramp anyways.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

ChaosOmega wrote:Unbelievable.

unvote, vote: Mastin

I'll switch back to Noramp at deadline if necessary to secure a lynch.

I feel like I'm in an episode of The Twilight Zone. I saw that post and was stunned. You have the balls to post in Mafia Discussion about how lurking isn't a scumtell while lurking in this game. Let me be the voice of common sense here and say that instead of making that useless post, you could have, oh, I don't know, POSTED IN THIS GAME. You've made over 40 posts since last posting here, so a no access excuse won't fly. And you can give me your bullshit "Oh, it's a null tell for me because everything's a null tell for me, blah blah blah", I don't care. You're lurking in this game, and regardless of your opinion on the matter, it's scummy as hell to me.

Let me quote something from your post to get more pissed off:
Mastin wrote:It's not pro-town to do,
And is inheritantly anti-town in nature,
Stop right here. You agree that lurking is anti-town. This means that lurking hurts the town. Now, if you're hurting the town, you're helping the scum (and werewolves in this case).

We could piss into the wind awhile and argue game theory and have a debate over whether lurking is a scumtell, but I'd rather not. The fact is, you're doing something that is hurting the town, regardless of your alignment. If you're town, your play right now is pretty pathetic, especially since you posted elsewhere saying that what you're doing is anti-town. The point of being a pro-town role is to do pro-town things. If you saw a nun out on the corner giving blowjobs for cash, you'd think she was a whore. Same concept here.
While I agree with everyone you said, I am getting a extremely bad vibe from this post. I don't know how to explain it, but the fact that you're voting based on something out-of-thread just seems... opportunistic? Not sure if that is the best way to describe it. But I do agree that what he is doing is scummy, but maybe he has a reason for what he did? Also, you said town about 100 times in that post, making you a bit desperate to sound town. I don't know.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

ChaosOmega wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:While I agree with everyone you said, I am getting a extremely bad vibe from this post. I don't know how to explain it, but the fact that you're voting based on something out-of-thread just seems... opportunistic? Not sure if that is the best way to describe it. But I do agree that what he is doing is scummy, but maybe he has a reason for what he did? Also, you said town about 100 times in that post, making you a bit desperate to sound town. I don't know.
Jesus, what a weak post. You went from "agree with everything I say" to "extremely bad vibe" to "agree it's scummy" to "desperate to sound town" to "I don't know". It's like a converging sine curve (I'm a math major, I can't help it.). What reasons are there for making a post like that other trying to cast suspicion on me while trying to allay me at the same time?
Life is like a sine wave, they say. Anyways.. it's not a weak post. Basically, I read the post, thought it was scummy. Yes, it has good points - scum have those sometime (plus this game has mult. factions, anyways), but I see scum all the time play very pro-town and run off towards a victory. I don't think you're that pro-town, though, but the point still is there. Those very players try so hard to pass themselves as town, that its pathetic. I see the same sort of thing from you.

What reasons were there for making a post? Because I thought it was suspicious. I pointed it out. I wasn't trying to allay you though, so whatever.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:11 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Mastin wrote:
Netlava wrote:Mastin, your stats won't be accurate because they don't differentiate between inactivity and lurking.
What I do IS inactivity, Netlava. I don't actively follow along when I'm 'lurking'. I'm just inactive. It's incredibly anti-town, but not a scum tell.
Most people's definition of lurking would still call my inactivity lurking, though.

The stats would be accurate enough.
Lurking and inactivity aren't the same thing. Lurking is being active yet not posting, hence the lurking wordage. Inactivity is when you aren't posting and not active.

---

Of course, CO ignores my response. Maybe a little close to the truth ?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Yeah, prodded. I still think Noramp is scum and I'm happy with his lynch. Someone should hammer him.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:16 am

Post by orangepenguin »

orangepenguin wrote:
ChaosOmega wrote:Unbelievable.

unvote, vote: Mastin

I'll switch back to Noramp at deadline if necessary to secure a lynch.

I feel like I'm in an episode of The Twilight Zone. I saw that post and was stunned. You have the balls to post in Mafia Discussion about how lurking isn't a scumtell while lurking in this game. Let me be the voice of common sense here and say that instead of making that useless post, you could have, oh, I don't know, POSTED IN THIS GAME. You've made over 40 posts since last posting here, so a no access excuse won't fly. And you can give me your bullshit "Oh, it's a null tell for me because everything's a null tell for me, blah blah blah", I don't care. You're lurking in this game, and regardless of your opinion on the matter, it's scummy as hell to me.

Let me quote something from your post to get more pissed off:
Mastin wrote:It's not pro-town to do,
And is inheritantly anti-town in nature,
Stop right here. You agree that lurking is anti-town. This means that lurking hurts the town. Now, if you're hurting the town, you're helping the scum (and werewolves in this case).

We could piss into the wind awhile and argue game theory and have a debate over whether lurking is a scumtell, but I'd rather not. The fact is, you're doing something that is hurting the town, regardless of your alignment. If you're town, your play right now is pretty pathetic, especially since you posted elsewhere saying that what you're doing is anti-town. The point of being a pro-town role is to do pro-town things. If you saw a nun out on the corner giving blowjobs for cash, you'd think she was a whore. Same concept here.
While I agree with everyone you said, I am getting a extremely bad vibe from this post. I don't know how to explain it, but the fact that you're voting based on something out-of-thread just seems... opportunistic? Not sure if that is the best way to describe it. But I do agree that what he is doing is scummy, but maybe he has a reason for what he did? Also, you said town about 100 times in that post, making you a bit desperate to sound town. I don't know.
I still am getting really bad vibes about this, and with others calling this post worthless, it's making it even worse and making me suspicious.

Vote: ChaosOmega

I'll try to put up a real case sooner or later, since you all think I am saying nothing, but whatever.

I'd be willing to lynch Mastin as well.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

unvote, Vote: falko
. That's the hammer. Since nobody but me believes CO is scum, I'll drop it, until I have a case that is.

falko has been scummy, except, he hasn't really bee the top of my list. So I expect to be attacked tomorrow for hammering, but I don't care.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:58 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Vote: Mastin
I still think he is a werewolf and we need to lynch them today.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:53 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Mod, please replace me. I lost interest a long time ago, and it's not fair to you or the other players. Sorry.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Actually, I think we should lynch the lurkers instead. Namely, OP & dizzyizzy.
Funny that you say this shortly after I request replacement. If you have ever played with me, you will see that I have NEVER done this (well, I attempted to in Risk Mafia, but the mod could never do it.. so whatever...) .

Vote: Netlava
for being CLAIMED opportunistic scum.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Don't understand the case on me, besides me not posting at all and not contributing, and my failed case on ChaosOmega. I suck at analytical posts and mostly go off gut, which is why I suck at Mafia games and why I have a terrible record, so sorry if I might not have the best cases in the world, but from my POV, I thought CO was completely scummy. I am not going to bother with a case on him, a) because none of you could care less and it's one more post by me that would be overlooked or twisted and b) because I will probably be replaced -- which is for the best, I think.

I really lost interest in Mafia altogether, but I want to complete my commitments to the games I am in, but it's hard, because you are attacked for not reading or contributing, but it's hard to read when you are not interested, and when you aren't interested, it's hard to analyze anything whatsoever, besides regurgitating what others have basically said, which I do in every game, cause I fail at this game. Not all that surprised that two players I've played with multiple times are pushing for my lynch. It's a quite simple lynch. You know, instead of waiting for a replacement.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Your case on Chaos didn't make sense to me and it sounded contrived. The thing is, if you were town, you must have had some train of thought that led you to believe Chaos was scum, right?
The thing is, there was never really a 'case' on Chaos. I just got a very strong gut feeling against Chaos, yet couldn't exactly explain why in words. Chaos/Relacee won't be lynched. Besides my gut, I have nothing on them. But yes, I had some train of though.

I am so out of this game, that I can't recall much about any of the actions within the thread, which is maybe why I was hanging onto my suspicions of Mastin so much. But being suspicious of Mastin is foolish in mafia, cause .. he is Mastin. :P
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (isolation #22) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I'm happy to leave my vote on Netlava - the way the claim was made and handled does absolutely nothing to convince me that he/she isn't a wolf.
Same.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (isolation #23) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I thought I was voting Netlava, not Dizzy. :?

unvote, Vote: Netlava

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”