Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Noramp »

I was trying to start discussion and I failed. I've stated that a couple times now, the stance wasn't necessarily what my opinion was I was simply trying to get other people to talk. I feel like I have already said this multiple times, maybe it wasn't clear.

Does most scummy=scum at this point?
Yarr Owlbear!
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Crazy »

Noramp wrote:I was trying to start discussion and I failed. I've stated that a couple times now, the stance wasn't necessarily what my opinion was I was simply trying to get other people to talk. I feel like I have already said this multiple times, maybe it wasn't clear.

Does most scummy=scum at this point?
Does most scummy not mean most likely to be scum? I assumed that's what you meant.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Drench »

The Seventh Vote Count: "Jungle Smarts"
Noramp
- 2 - Crazy, ChaosOmega
Snake
Flava Flave
- 2 - orangepenguin, Snake
Mastin
- 1 - Hero764
ZazieR
orangepenguin

Crazy
falkomagno

molestargazer
ChaosOmega
Cephrir

Hero764
- 5 - falkomagno, molestargazer, Mastin, Cephrir, Flava Flave

Not Voting:
- 2 - ZazieR, Noramp

If you see any discrepancies, please let me know.
join your union
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:26 am

Post by ZazieR »

@Noramp

Did you see Mastin''s vote the first time or not?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:27 am

Post by ZazieR »

EBWOP
I''m talking about Mastin''s random vote.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:52 am

Post by ZazieR »

Crazy wrote:That might not be "literally" what I said, but it means basically the same thing in that context. I don't see why you're picking it apart.
Because you are misrepping him.
Crazy wrote:Falko mentioned a BW on Page 2. I can assume that Falko wasn't saying he voted Hero based on a bandwagon that hadn't happened yet. I interpreted it as a "it turned out that Hero was a better vote than Ceph, anyway."
Why are you trying to give him a way out? May he respond first himself to the accusation?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:58 am

Post by ZazieR »

Noramp wrote:I was trying to start discussion and I failed. I've stated that a couple times now, the stance wasn't necessarily what my opinion was I was simply trying to get other people to talk. I feel like I have already said this multiple times, maybe it wasn't clear.
ORLY?:
Noramp wrote:I agree Chaos that we should lynch anti town people, but in this situation Mastin thinks that he has found all three scum. Would it really be to our advantage to lynch them quickly? That would place us at Day 4 with 6 people, 2 of which are werewolves. That gives us two to three days to piece together who the werewolves were. It seems that if we managed to kill werewolves first it would place us at Day 3 and the anti town faction would be unable to pick us off during the night, which means our cop would be free to investigate and even come out and say what hes found safely. I realize this is in an ideal world but I can't imagine why you wouldn't want the second set up as opposed to the first.
It seems to me that it was your stance to eliminate the wolves first.
Ignore the ''R''
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Noramp »

it was a scenario Zazie. It was a world in a vacuum. Sure I would love to lynch the werewolves first as I would assume you would too(sorry had to assume). So I suppose in that vacuum my stance is too kill werewolves first but in the real world like I said...[quote]I agree Chaos that we should lynch anti town people[/b], if it was possible to differentiate between werewolves and scum why would you not want to kill wolves first?

i obviously saw the vote but it didn't register that it was a self vote even though it said it pretty clearly. There isn't much defense I can give to that because Mastin made it so glaringly obvious. In the end it was my fault and that's really the only defense i can give.

And Crazy I meant what I said. Does most scummy= scum at this point? Like saying Hero and I are the scummiest, I'm assuming, does that automatically mean that we are scum or have we just had a rough Day 1. I can't assume right off the bat that someone is scum simply because of what has happened through a week of play. I'd be more willing to make that assumption as the deadline approaches. It seems that you disagree?
Yarr Owlbear!
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Noramp »

I agree Chaos that we should lynch anti town people
my bad:/
Yarr Owlbear!
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:47 am

Post by ZazieR »

Noramp wrote:i obviously saw the vote but it didn't register that it was a self vote even though it said it pretty clearly. There isn't much defense I can give to that because Mastin made it so glaringly obvious. In the end it was my fault and that's really the only defense i can give.
Which is why I don''t believe it. The same goes for you missing that he claimed scum, as it was directly after this vote and before two FoSes.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:05 am

Post by ZazieR »

Happy Be-lated Birthday Flava :)
Ignore the ''R''
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Flava Flave »

Noramp wrote:I'm sorry Flava but what exactly have you done, if Mastin hadn't suspected you, you would have nothing,
How do you figure? My questioning of Falko had nothing to do with Mastin. My suspicions on you have nothing to do with Mastin. My initial suspicion on Hero, although admittedly Mastin reinforced them later, had nothing to do with Mastin.
Noramp wrote:I've answered the questions asked of me and I've tried to ask questions back. Granted Zazie didn't much appreciate my questions because I hadn't yet given my take on the situation but since then I've tried my best to be active and involved. The only reason you're targeting me is because I stupidly asked that initial question. How come you are not more focused on people who are saying even less than I am?
Yes, you asked that question and it caught my attention. I see no reason to even think about whether or not we want to lynch scum. And reading your posts, if someone were to ask me "who is Noramp suspicious of and who does he think is town?", I couldn't even tell you right away.
Noramp wrote:
Unvote, Vote Hero. I think more people will be willing to lynch him than Falko
why are you already attempting to cave on your opinions simply to achieve a lynch. We're a week into Day 1, why don't you actually attempt to sell your case on Falko and try to persuade people in the middle like me. Personally I'm not seeing a Falko case. Is it all based solely on him not wanting to answer the question asked of him?
Hmm. Interesting how you would rather I vote Falko than Hero. But I think they are scum together, so this is weird..

Anyway, yeah, I suspect Falko for not wanting to answer my simple question.
Noramp wrote:@Ceph, Falko, Flava, and Mole could you restate your stance on Hero for me please?
My stance is that he is scum. That's why I'm voting him :roll:
ZazieR wrote:
@Flava
Zazie wrote:In other words, the scum are:
-Noramp
-Crazy
-Falko
-Hero
And note the VC. There are players suspecting Noramp and who show it.
Hmm. Didn't notice. They aren't as vocal about it. Noting Crazy and Chaos as potential Noramp scumbuddies. One of the two, not both. Looking at both in ISO, the only names that really come up in their posts (this applies for both Crazy and Chaos) are Noramp and Zazie. And both have posted more than I've realized. Something feels off here.
Noramp wrote: I said it because I felt it was very strange that he would come out and say his main target is Falko but because people aren't agreeing with him a week into Day 1, he's going to switch to a popular vote. Just seemed like he was fishing for a quick lynch because that puts Hero at L-1? correct?
Something wrong with lynching on Page 9 (allowing a claim first, obviously)?
Noramp wrote: Does most scummy=scum at this point?
It should mean you think they are more likely scum than anyone else.
ZazieR wrote:Happy Be-lated Birthday Flava :)
Thanks. :D
Town: 3-5
Scum: 1-2
3rd party: 2-0
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:37 am

Post by molestargazer »

Right, I was going over the Hero case, wasn't I?
Damn, I'm going to have read all the walls of text again. :(

- Early OMGUS-esque vote of Mastin by hero.
Flava, Post 52, Defending Hero (Why couldn't Hero do this himself?) wrote:Scum tend to try to vote away from their partners. This would be very ballsy play for all three to vote together out of nowhere.
Very WIFOMmy.

- Don't like Hero's aggression towards Mastin, which I have already pointed out.

As I've already pointed out, I don't like these kind of posts:
Hero wrote:I hope when I flip town
I must admit whilst reading through I wanted to vote for Mastin. I didn't, however, spot any scumtells - just his ego and his massive walls-of-text. So I'm content to keep my vote on Hero. If he flips town, Mastin should die tomorrow.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by Crazy »

ZazieR wrote:
Crazy wrote:That might not be "literally" what I said, but it means basically the same thing in that context. I don't see why you're picking it apart.
Well, it means the same thing to me. It might have been a "misrep," but it wasn't intentional, and more importantly, it wasn't significant and thus it's pointless for scum to purposefully misrepresent something that wouldn't make a difference anyway.
Crazy wrote:Falko mentioned a BW on Page 2. I can assume that Falko wasn't saying he voted Hero based on a bandwagon that hadn't happened yet. I interpreted it as a "it turned out that Hero was a better vote than Ceph, anyway."
Why are you trying to give him a way out? May he respond first himself to the accusation?[/quote]
You asked me why I didn't find his action scummy; I answered. Don't ask a question and then criticize me for answering it.
Noramp wrote: And Crazy I meant what I said. Does most scummy= scum at this point? Like saying Hero and I are the scummiest, I'm assuming, does that automatically mean that we are scum or have we just had a rough Day 1. I can't assume right off the bat that someone is scum simply because of what has happened through a week of play. I'd be more willing to make that assumption as the deadline approaches. It seems that you disagree?
That's not what I meant. Let me just ask you:
Who do you think is most likely to be scum?

Flava wrote: Hmm. Didn't notice. They aren't as vocal about it. Noting Crazy and Chaos as potential Noramp scumbuddies. One of the two, not both. Looking at both in ISO, the only names that really come up in their posts (this applies for both Crazy and Chaos) are Noramp and Zazie. And both have posted more than I've realized. Something feels off here.
I'd guess because me, Noramp, and Zazie are the most vocal on the thread at the moment, it's natural that quotes from those people come up frequently.

And apparently you think Noramp is scum and one of me/Chaos is bussing him? Please elaborate.

@MSG: The points you just made against Hero (OMGUS, aggression, emotional appeals) are pretty common newbie-town tells. IMO, it's a classic misconception that scum are more likely to become defensive as town. In reality, I'm pretty sure the opposite is more true. Add in the WIFOM-factor, I see it all as a null-tell.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Okay, re-reading. For some reason, I am getting wolf-vibes from Mastin from his initial posts (like when he is focusing on the 3 mafia instead of the werewolfs) and scum vibes from Noramp and Falco.

I am also getting vibes from Crazy, but unlike the others, it's not so much what he's said in-thread, just a gut feeling, I guess. I guess I am pretty neutral on him, at the moment though.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

scum vibes from Noramp and Falco.
That should be Flava, not Falco.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Okay, now I am finished. I don't have any vibes on Crazy anymore. I'll remain neutral on him, for now.

unvote, vote: Noramp
. Ugh, literally every post of his makes me wanna insert rolling eye smileys everywhere.

I wanna get to bed, but I wanted to get caught up, since I got lost following the random voting stage (I wasn't paying attention, I guess, and didn't understand how the early OMGUS argument started, and got behind, and didn't bother catching up. And Mastin is in this game, so I wasn't that motivated to read his posts - which contain valid points, IMO, and I think he is truly scum hunting..MAFIA, but I still think he's probably another faction - the wolves.)

But yeah, I kind of grazed through the last couple pages, but I saw Zazi have some questions or something, so I will address them later, and yeahhhhhhhh.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:57 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Flava wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
@Flava
Zazie wrote:In other words, the scum are:
-Noramp
-Crazy
-Falko
-Hero
And note the VC. There are players suspecting Noramp and who show it.
Hmm. Didn't notice. They aren't as vocal about it. Noting Crazy and Chaos as potential Noramp scumbuddies. One of the two, not both. Looking at both in ISO, the only names that really come up in their posts (this applies for both Crazy and Chaos) are Noramp and Zazie. And both have posted more than I've realized. Something feels off here.
Crazy, yes. Chaos, no.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Crazy wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Well, it means the same thing to me. It might have been a "misrep," but it wasn't intentional, and more importantly, it wasn't significant and thus it's pointless for scum to purposefully misrepresent something that wouldn't make a difference anyway.
Uhm, yes, it makes a different. You are attacking him for something he never said.
Zazie wrote:
Why are you trying to give him a way out? May he respond first himself to the accusation?
You asked me why I didn't find his action scummy; I answered. Don't ask a question and then criticize me for answering it.
No, I asked why you hadn''t mentioned it yet. You did answer that question earlier. And now, you''re trying to give him a way out.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:09 pm

Post by ZazieR »

OP

Can you elaborate on the vibes you are getting from the players you mentioned (Flava, Noramp and Mastin)?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:15 pm

Post by ZazieR »

And Crazy is indeed scum. Check the games he has given in this topic. Meta shows that he is scum.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Mod, could Falko and Snake be prodded?

Vote Noramp
Ignore the ''R''
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:00 am

Post by Flava Flave »

molestargazer wrote:
Flava, Post 52, Defending Hero (Why couldn't Hero do this himself?) wrote:Scum tend to try to vote away from their partners. This would be very ballsy play for all three to vote together out of nowhere.
Very WIFOMmy.
Yes, it's WIFOM. And it makes sense. When have you ever been scum and been voting with both of your buddies and no one else? RVS, Day 1, Day 2, any time. Ok, maybe in LYLO hoping for a town vote, but other than that, have you seen it before? Also, how am I defending Hero there? I believe this was Mastin calling me scum with Ceph/Hero. Hero is the only one in the group who I think is scum. If I'm defending anyone with this post, it's Ceph and myself.
Crazy wrote: And apparently you think Noramp is scum and one of me/Chaos is bussing him? Please elaborate.
Not bussing. Distancing. Whichever of you it is will eventually "find someone else scummier" or "think he's done a good job defending himself" and switch to someone else before the Day ends. Two votes were on a player and I didn't even notice. That means either I wasn't watching as closely as I should have or the case isn't being pushed very hard. And looking back, I actually think it's a combination of the two. There's more there than I noticed, but it still isn't much. And neither of you has done much else.

Ok, so here's what I'm thinking:
Scum together:
Falko
Hero

Other scum together:
Noramp
One of Crazy/Chaos

Scum, not sure which group:
One of Zazie/Molest

Town:
Mastin
Orange
Ceph
Flava

Oh, you're in this game?:
Snake

On the first group:
Falko is scum for avoiding my question. Hero is scum because of the connection to Falko and his terrible posting in response to Mastin.

On the second group:
Noramp is scum for debating on whether or not we should lynch scum and not having opinions. Crazy or Chaos is connected to him.

On the third group:
Zazie sets off my gut. Not really sure why. I almost want to say because of my ISO reads on Crazy and Chaos, but I'd think scum would mention their buddies
less
, not more, so not so sure that's it. Molest is another gut read. Again, not so sure why.

On the fourth group:
Mastin is town because I like that he is actively looking for scum. He's not afraid to make himself heard and push his opinions. Orange is town because he reminds me of Poof, where he was a town vig. Ceph is town because Falko voted Hero over him in the RVS.

On the fifth group:
Please do something to remind me that you are in this game.

Oh, and Molest? Clever username assuming it's supposed to mean what I think it is. ("Molester gays are Mafia Scum" because of the "Mafia Scum" under our names.)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 1-2
3rd party: 2-0
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:36 am

Post by molestargazer »

Flava wrote:Oh, and Molest? Clever username assuming it's supposed to mean what I think it is. ("Molester gays are Mafia Scum" because of the "Mafia Scum" under our names.)
No, actually, it was unintentional. :P
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Mastin »

Right, so my computer at home is having a little trouble accessing MS.net. I *should* have it fixed by tomorrow, but don't have the time to catch up in the games where I am pages behind. (Only 35 or so minutes before I have to leave my current computer.) Yet.

When it's fixed, I'll do what I can.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”