- 2 - Flava Flave
molestargazer
ChaosOmega
Cephrir

Hero764
- 4 - falkomagno, molestargazer, Mastin, Cephrir

Not Voting:
- 1 - ZazieR

If you see any discrepancies, please let me know.

Mastin is prodded for great glory.

Slow Drench is Slow. Slow Drench apologizes for the Slowness.
join your union
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:55 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Mod, did OP get prodded as well?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:00 am

Post by ZazieR »

Mod, could Cephrir be prodded as well?

Both prodded.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:16 am

Post by ZazieR »

Hero wrote:
If it was not serious, then why did you ask for a bandwagon against Cephrir?
For the lulz.
So why ask for a bandwagon against Cephrir, instead of keeping the bandwagon against Falko?
Hero wrote:
Zazie wrote:And I don't like it, because it gives the impression that you are scared.
And how would voting Mastin relinquish my fear?
You''ve got 4 votes. And only one of those players is attacking you. Getting him out of the picture would mean a lot less of pressure against you.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:28 am

Post by ZazieR »

Crazy wrote:
Zazie wrote:Note that I said ''fence-sitting''. That was aimed at the part of you commenting on Mastin-Hero. And what was scummy about Cephrir''s post?
Ceph said Hero looked scummy "based on his strong reaction" despite saying that he hadn't completely read the whole Mastin vs. Hero thing.
No, he didn''t say that. Show where he did.
Crazy wrote:
Zazie wrote:How was this an attack according to you?:
"Attack" is the wrong word I guess... but it was still an incorrect statement.
Zazie wrote:Why did you point me towards Noramp?
Because Noramp is guilty of more IIOA than I am. Maybe my lack of assertiveness made you think that I wasn't taking a stand.
Drop the difficult words >.< First ''relinquish'', now ''assertiveness''. I don''t feel like checking my dictionary every time :mad:
Can you give me two of your finished games as town and two of your finished games as scum?
Crazy wrote:
Zazie wrote: So you don''t think this is scummy?
And yeah, he needs to exist more. He mosly has responded to the posts that comment on his RVS vote. Wait, that''s the only thing he has responded to.
What''s your opinion of him?
No, not really. Like I said, Flava's question isn't very difficult... it's not something that scum would have to "avoid."
In case you haven''t noticed it, he didn''t only avoid it. He first stated a random reason and later a serious one. How come you haven''t mentioned this yet?
Also, regarding the last sentence: Is it something that town would have to ''avoid''?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:52 am

Post by ZazieR »

molestargazer wrote:
Zazie wrote:Molest, why did you random vote, while you were suspicious of Flava?
I'd be missing out if I didn't get ONE random vote in. :P
Is there any game in which you random voted a player, instead of voting the one who you thought was scummy? If so, link?
And is a random vote that important to you :? If so, why?
Molest wrote:
Flava wrote:No, it was a sarcastic response that doesn't answer the question at all.
No, it wasn't. The question was ridiculous to begin with.
No, it wasn''t. Every choice that is made, is made due to the way a player is thinking. This reasoning can be influenced by the allignment a player has. So it''s important to know what the reasoning behind it was.
Molest wrote:
Zazie wrote:@Molest
With which points made by Mastin against Hero do you agree and why?
Hopefully a few will be outlined in these posts. If after these you still want a better answer to this question, then I will of course trawl through again and find them.
I know I'm not going to change your mind about my name, so I'm not going to try. :P
I don''t think you addressed Mastin''s points against Hero :? Or I looked over them. So I''d appreciate it if you could quote them with reasons why.
I did see your point against Hero, about the blackmailing. And with that one, I agree. Especially with the second quote.
I''m indeed not going to change it :D You''re still the danger of every girl XD
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:10 am

Post by ZazieR »

Hero wrote:
Molest wrote:I don't like this. It just seems like scum using blackmail (in a way) to try and stop a vote on them without any particular reason for it.
Just like "Oh, you'll be sorry". Y'know?
I was just pissed at the stupidity of the logic he was using, and how much he boasts about his scumhunting record and stuff. I didn't really intend it as blackmail.
This changes my above statement. It''s still scummy, only quote 1 is now worse than quote 2.
Also, can you give a summary why you are suspicious of Mastin?
Hero wrote:
Molest wrote:Is this really necessary?
Probably not. But neither is a lot of things said in this game(like you replying to it and saying that). Its a bit suspicious that you would have this in your post. Trying to make it look like your posts matters more than it actually does? Hmm.
Can you elaborate on this?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:14 am

Post by ZazieR »

Hero wrote:
Molest wrote:It shows you losing your rag at him, which, whilst understandable, is going a bit too far. It doesn't help the atmosphere of the game, and I would go as far as to call it anti-town.
Those comments weren't meant to be taken 100% seriously anyways, hence the smileys.
But wasn''t this comment also not serious according to you?:
Hero wrote:Guys Cephrir has information he is witholding from the town. Apply some pressure plz.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:22 am

Post by ZazieR »

Flava wrote:What's wrong with liking a playstyle? It brings a lot to a game.
It reminds me when you were friendly towards Furry in Open 137. That''s why my gut doesn''t like it.
Flava wrote:To the second one, not much I can say about how something "sounds" to you.
Nope.
But you''re not the only player of which my gut has been set off for this reason. *looks at Hero*
Ignore the ''R''
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:09 am

Post by Hero764 »

ZazieR wrote:So why ask for a bandwagon against Cephrir, instead of keeping the bandwagon against Falko?
Why not? It's the RVS, you don't need real reasons to vote/start bandwagons. The joke reason was that falko was already caught scum anyways, and we could lynch him later, and that it was much more important to get the names out of Cephrir so we knew who to lynch later.
You''ve got 4 votes. And only one of those players is attacking you. Getting him out of the picture would mean a lot less of pressure against you.
Ok what? How on earth does voting for someone take them out of the picture? That's ridiculous.
This changes my above statement. It''s still scummy, only quote 1 is now worse than quote 2.
What quotes are referring to?

I'm suspicious of Mastin because he's trying to get me lynched based solely on huge assumptions of why I did things in the RVS. That's far scummier than anything anyone else has done. There's absolutely no reason to be pushing for a lynch this early.
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:10 am

Post by Hero764 »

Yes. What's the problem with that?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:13 am

Post by ZazieR »

Hero764 wrote:
Yes. What's the problem with that?
The first two weren''t serious according to you. Which is why you used smileys.
The quote afterwards was also not serious according to you. Yet, no smiley. Why is that?
Ignore the ''R''
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:17 am

Post by Hero764 »

The quote afterwards was also not serious according to you. Yet, no smiley. Why is that?
Because I don't feel the need to put smileys after obviously non-serious posts.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:29 am

Post by molestargazer »

Drench wrote:The Fifth Vote Count: "Jungle Whack-a-Mole"
>:(
Well, it could've been worse. :lol:
Zazie wrote:Is there any game in which you random voted a player, instead of voting the one who you thought was scummy? If so, link?
And is a random vote that important to you Confused If so, why?
There isn't one that immediately comes to mind, no. I will, however, have a quick look at my first posts in some completed games.
I suppose it is that important. I just like the random start of the game as well as the bone-crunching logic-y side of it, there's no real REASON. I didn't feel, at the time, that Flava's comment was voteworthy enough to miss out on having a bit of a laugh.
Zazie wrote:No, it wasn''t. Every choice that is made, is made due to the way a player is thinking. This reasoning can be influenced by the allignment a player has. So it''s important to know what the reasoning behind it was.
I see where you're coming from - but the reason could just have been a purely random pick - and since we were so early into the game, I think that such a level of questioning was pointless.
Zazie wrote:I don''t think you addressed Mastin''s points against Hero
Not, perhaps, as many as I would've liked. I have tolerance limits for walls of text. xD
Zazie wrote:So I''d appreciate it if you could quote them with reasons why.
Of course. I will endevour to do this today or tomorrow evening.
Zazie wrote:You''re still the danger of every girl XD
:(
I'm reformed, honest.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:50 am

Post by molestargazer »

Zazie - You've made me officially embarrassed looking over the games I played as a 14-year-old. Thanks. :P

I didn't, however, find any examples of the RVS thing. I guess I'll just be the opposite of Mastin and NOT rely on meta for defence.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:49 am

Post by ZazieR »

Hero764 wrote:
ZazieR wrote:So why ask for a bandwagon against Cephrir, instead of keeping the bandwagon against Falko?
Why not? It's the RVS, you don't need real reasons to vote/start bandwagons. The joke reason was that falko was already caught scum anyways, and we could lynch him later, and that it was much more important to get the names out of Cephrir so we knew who to lynch later.
You''re saying that you''ve got no other reason than ''lolz'' for voting Cephrir?
Hero wrote:
Ok what? How on earth does voting for someone take them out of the picture? That's ridiculous.
You''re trying to get him lynched. Lynching is getting somebody out of the picture.
Hero wrote:
What quotes are referring to?

I'm suspicious of Mastin because he's trying to get me lynched based solely on huge assumptions of why I did things in the RVS. That's far scummier than anything anyone else has done. There's absolutely no reason to be pushing for a lynch this early.
Quote 1:
Hero wrote:I hope when I flip town
Quote 2:
Hero wrote:Mastin, what will you do when I flip town?
And no, when you think somebody is scum, you try to get him lynched.
Also, if this is the reason for attacking Mastin, then how come you haven''t attacked Molest as he agrees with some of Mastin''s points, or Ceph as he didn''t give a clear reason or Falko who still has his ''random vote'' on you?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:08 am

Post by ZazieR »

Hero764 wrote:
Because I don't feel the need to put smileys after obviously non-serious posts.
Do you have a link to a completed game, preferably more?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:18 am

Post by ZazieR »

Molest wrote:
Zazie wrote:No, it wasn''t. Every choice that is made, is made due to the way a player is thinking. This reasoning can be influenced by the allignment a player has. So it''s important to know what the reasoning behind it was.
I see where you're coming from - but the reason could just have been a purely random pick - and since we were so early into the game, I think that such a level of questioning was pointless.
I don''t know if you''ve given your opinion already, but what do you think of Falko''s responses to the question?
Molest wrote:
Zazie wrote:You''re still the danger of every girl XD
:(
I'm reformed, honest.
So your preferences have changed :D?
molestargazer wrote:Zazie - You've made me officially embarrassed looking over the games I played as a 14-year-old. Thanks. :P

I didn't, however, find any examples of the RVS thing. I guess I'll just be the opposite of Mastin and NOT rely on meta for defence.
You''re welcome :)
Ignore the ''R''
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Mastin »

Don't worry, still here, just getting to another couple of games which need me first.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by Crazy »

MSG wrote:Guess we'll just have to disagree there. Sorry.
Ooohkay. It's probably not going to matter much, anyway.
Zazie wrote:No, he didn''t say that. Show where he did.
Yeah, he did. In Ceph's posts in isolation, it's #8.
Zazie wrote: Drop the difficult words >.< First ''relinquish'', now ''assertiveness''. I don''t feel like checking my dictionary every time Mad
Can you give me two of your finished games as town and two of your finished games as scum?
Town:

Mini Theme 786 (very fun game, though I ended up completely wrong about the scum.)
Open 119 (Masons and Mafia, I was a townie and I was targetted
twice
by the scum. Finally my playstyle paid off.)

Scum:

Open 123 (I suck as scum; this is one of my better scum performances, despite losing.)
Mini 804 (it was abandoned, but it's a good example of how I make fake emotional appeals. It totally failed here, though.)
Zazie wrote: In case you haven''t noticed it, he didn''t only avoid it. He first stated a random reason and later a serious one. How come you haven''t mentioned this yet?
Also, regarding the last sentence: Is it something that town would have to ''avoid''?
*shrug* I dunno why I didn't mention it yet; I guess I didn't think to for whatever reason.

Well, town don't have to avoid any questioning, but I could see his line of thinking as a townie. A sarcastic response at first, because he thought it was a stupid question, but then he gives his real answer when it turns out that he was called out on it.
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Noramp »

ok guys I'm back and I've been trying to follow along while I was gone so I know I have some questions to answer, I'm gunna run through the questions and then answer them. So I should have that by tonight and ya Zazier I didn't mean to leave that up for this long
unvote
Yarr Owlbear!
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Noramp »

Crazy wrote: Instead, you argued the point that Hero might be mafia? Do you think he is and you just want to lynch the werewolves first? Or do you think he's town and you were saving him from being lynched by suggesting he might be mafia? Or do you have no opinion and you were just defending him for no reason?
I think I’ve addressed some of these already but I’ll answer them all just in case. I would say that Hero is the most suspicious not for his vote on Falko but the way he acted while getting questioned by Mastin. I previously said that I thought it was strange that Hero would vote so haphazardly as to vote in stride with the person before him. I don’t really think that in itself is scummy because as Mastin said it would give them 10/10 for style. It just seems ridiculous to think the scum would do that. But Hero got really defensive and even went as far as to OMGUS Mastin. And if you look at what Mastin said, he also mentioned it would be a good idea to take the werewolves out first. I never meant to defend Hero from being lynched I thought my question would be a good discussion starter but without realizing it at the time it was purely theory based. If we find someone we think is scummy I don’t think we should hold off because there’s absolutely no way in knowing the difference between a werewolf slip and a mafia slip.
Zazier wrote: Uhm, why were you trying to start discussion when discussion had already started? And if you disagree with Mastin, why didn''t you say so with reasons? And why did you use his suspicions then to ask if we shouldn''t go after wolves first in Post 74?
It was all based around Hero, Mastin and Flava. I wanted to attempt to get other people involved in discussion. I simply used his reasons because it worked for the situation. I never meant to imply that Mastin was correct. My question was entirely WIFOM, so it wasn’t a very good question:/
Zazier wrote: What I meant was that you think it should be considered. But only after it gets mentioned by a different player, you put your attention on it. Why not sooner?
Honestly I just missed it the first time, I came back to the game and was overwhelmed by Mastin’s wall of text and so I didn’t give it the attention I probably should have.
Zazier wrote:
So you think that his vote on Falko was scummy?
I don’t really think his vote on Falko was that scummy. It was an interesting decision but there’s so much WIFOM in regards to it that it’s difficult to formulate a real case on it. I don’t know if I initially agreed with Mastin’s case but I think he did manage to get more substantial things from his bad case. It allowed us to see Hero’s reaction and that can tell us a lot. In my opinion he came off really defensive and that seemed more suspicious to me than simply voting in stride during RVS.
Yarr Owlbear!
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Prodded. Sorry, I last posted during the RVS and stopped following along around then, waiting for the game to officially begin, and so I kind of got behind. [/excuse]

But I'll catch up now that the game is real and everything, because a lot has happened, and I am really confused at this point as a result of that. My fault, but yeah. Will fix that.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:18 am

Post by ZazieR »

Crazy wrote:Yeah, he did. In Ceph's posts in isolation, it's #8.
Quote this post and bold where Ceph said that he hadn''t read completely the Mastin-Hero discussion. Because I knew which post you were talking about it, but what you''re saying isn''t there.
Well, town don't have to avoid any questioning, but I could see his line of thinking as a townie. A sarcastic response at first, because he thought it was a stupid question, but then he gives his real answer when it turns out that he was called out on it.
Even if it was a stupid question, he could have given a serious answer in the same post. Like he ''did'' in his post afterwards.
But the main point is that he changed his answer. First he avoided it, then he says that it was because of the avatar and finally he says that Hero''s vote was scummy. Avoiding it was scummy, but the part after this is very scummy.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:39 am

Post by ZazieR »

Noramp wrote:I think I’ve addressed some of these already but I’ll answer them all just in case. I would say that Hero is the most suspicious not for his vote on Falko but the way he acted while getting questioned by Mastin. I previously said that I thought it was strange that Hero would vote so haphazardly as to vote in stride with the person before him. I don’t really think that in itself is scummy because as Mastin said it would give them 10/10 for style. It just seems ridiculous to think the scum would do that. But Hero got really defensive and even went as far as to OMGUS Mastin. And if you look at what Mastin said, he also mentioned it would be a good idea to take the werewolves out first. I never meant to defend Hero from being lynched I thought my question would be a good discussion starter but without realizing it at the time it was purely theory based. If we find someone we think is scummy I don’t think we should hold off because there’s absolutely no way in knowing the difference between a werewolf slip and a mafia slip.
Which is why you tried to start a new discussion, even though you think that Hero is the scummiest? Which is also why you tried to start a new discussion, because you thought Hero''s responses towards Mastin were scummy?
Doesn''t make sense to me.
It was all based around Hero, Mastin and Flava. I wanted to attempt to get other people involved in discussion. I simply used his reasons because it worked for the situation. I never meant to imply that Mastin was correct. My question was entirely WIFOM, so it wasn’t a very good question:/
It at least talked about suspicions. You asked if it wasn''t best for town to go after the Wolves first. But later, you state that it shouldn''t matter and even that you can''t know the difference. Have you even told why it could be better to go after the Wolves first?
Noramp wrote:Honestly I just missed it the first time, I came back to the game and was overwhelmed by Mastin’s wall of text and so I didn’t give it the attention I probably should have.
You knew he claimed to have found the three scum, yet you missed his self-vote?
Gut is activated.

Also, why aren''t you voting Hero?
Ignore the ''R''

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”