Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:37 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Mastin I believe you are using a lot of sarcasm in your posts and thats definitly not helping the town and its going to create confusion.

Please try to keep answers straight for the most part.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:18 am

Post by MafiaMann »

So im coming to the conclusion that the miller claim does not change anyones opinion on khan?
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:24 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Do you think that if khan was scum he is using a solid scum tactic?
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:28 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:Do you think that if khan was scum he is using a solid scum tactic?
Can you rephrase the question? I don't know what you mean with 'solid scum tactic' >.<
Do you think if he was scum he is making a good move.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:01 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:Whoa! 5 pages already? Man! I'll read through them all... when I can... But first of all, yay! A mafia doctor (or whatever it is) has been eliminated!
By the other mafia faction most likely which leads me to believe they have a mafia doctor as well.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:30 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Kublai Khan wrote:
@MafiaMann: Happy scumday. Why are you presuming another mafia faction made the kill and not a serial killer or a vig? You're jumping to far-reaching conclusions.
Thanks and i believe Mastin mentioned somthing about to mafia factions early on.
Mastin wrote:Emerald City First Post

FoS:
Seryna
Kise,
Nadroj15
ZazieR

For being the last to confirm. It's a scum tell. (Sure, they replaced the last two to confirm, but still...that doesn't mean the tell doesn't apply.)

With that out of the way,
I'd like to do some real scum hunting, here!

Mastin Votes: Mastin.

I'm a member of Mafia A, along with...hmm...let's say...Roflcopter, Mufasa, MafiaMann, and...hmmm...Ah, yes. Kublai Khan.
Fallen Angel is also a neutral mafia traitor, who we failed to recruit last night for reasons we shalln't reveal.

Zazie is a Mafia B traitor, who can be recruited by the Mafia B faction. We want Zaz dead as soon as possible because of that. :P
And Kise...oh, right, did I mention Khan's a rolecop and we have daytalking abilities? Yea, we do, and Khan has revealed to us that Kise is a Mafia B godfather. Yay! :P

Discuss. ;)
I wasnt sure if he was completely joking and took it to mean that we are dealing with two factions. Despite may have killed the doctor does it not mean the other mafia does not likely have a doctor.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:35 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:I'm having trouble believing that a mafia would kill Konowa.

Konowa, when he/she signed up for this game, hadn't played a single game of mafia yet! He/she signed up for one, but never actually played one. Would a newbie's likeliness to be lynched make the mafia want to kill them?... Probably not.

Does this make MafiaMann innocent?... I have no idea.
I see your point about Konowa so does this mean you are leaning towards a vig kill since SK would probably not kill him for the reason the mafia would not.

A vig may have thought that mafia would take advantage of him for an easy lynch so might as well take them out now.

How does this relate to my innocence though?
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:41 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:
ckool5000 wrote:I'm having trouble believing that a mafia would kill Konowa.

Konowa, when he/she signed up for this game, hadn't played a single game of mafia yet! He/she signed up for one, but never actually played one. Would a newbie's likeliness to be lynched make the mafia want to kill them?... Probably not.

Does this make MafiaMann innocent?... I have no idea.
I see your point about Konowa so does this mean you are leaning towards a vig kill since SK would probably not kill him for the reason the mafia would not.

A vig may have thought that mafia would take advantage of him for an easy lynch so might as well take them out now.

How does this relate to my innocence though?
1. Yes.
2. Yeah, pretty much.
3. Er... Maybe because you suggested that it was another mafia faction?... I'm really not that sure.
Mastin who i quoted originally mentioned two factions.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:44 am

Post by MafiaMann »

I think just because it mastin who said it does not mean we should diregard it.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:48 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Ok i understand now.

Assuming we have multiple factions though should that change how we scum hunt?
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:58 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:
MafiaMann wrote: Assuming we have multiple factions though should that change how we scum hunt?
We lynch whoever's scummiest :P ... Unless someone has a better idea.
Sounds pretty solid I also believe somewhat in your early post about the lol comment youve made. A lot of scum throw in the lol and use the words and we but townies do that to so thats a weak tell if any at all.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:37 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Kublai Khan wrote:@Empking's Alt (112): Oh, okay.

@MafiaMann (116): Mastin listed you as a member of Mafia A and you weren't sure if he was completely joking? I took Mastin's opening post as a joke calling out and ribbing people he had a history and was familiar with. The fact that you aren't someone Mastin knows is now making me say hmmm.

Also: You're making some pretty reaching arguments which seem to betray a deeper knowledge of the game and it's setup than I've got. All I know is that there are 3 kills. Since the flavor is pretty minimal, the fact that the Cerulean Mafia has a name would strongly indicate that there are at least 2 mafia groups. The third kill could be a serial killer, a vigilante, or a third mafia group. The listed causes of death (Slaughtered/Murdered/Annihilated) give us no hints as to which group did what.

These are the bare basic facts. Your wild speculation about multiple mafia doctors is unhelpful and has been noted.
1 Im not saying its all true by any means but there maybe some truth in that statement. It shouldnt be disregarded and ignored because it was mastin who said it. Im tired of everything is just mastin being mastin.

2 Im not making reaching arguments i havent even really made many argument please quote what you are referring to because all i said was wouldnt make sense for the mafias to be symmetrical.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:40 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:Ok, I hadn''t seen yet that MM didn''t throw any opinions in.
Do you have anything to add?

(Happy scumday btw :))
I think mastins not being completely clear in everything he says. His use of sarcasm is confusing and breeds WIFOM arguments. I dont know if its scummy or the way he plays but definitely is not helpful when he isnt straight forward with the town.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:44 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:Ok i understand now.

Assuming we have multiple factions though should that change how we scum hunt?
Nope, why should we?
Ive never been involved in game where we might possibly have two factions ( which i still strongly believe is the case) and i didnt know if there was somthing else to be looking for.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:54 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Mastin your sarcasm can create confusion as in maybe someone thinks you are not truly being sarcastic. Its much more simple to be straight then giving people the chance to say maybe hes trying trick us.

Also mod just so you know mastin voted johny in above post so you dont need to read the entire thing
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Just because something is said in RVS i shouldnt pay attention to it?
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

roflcopter wrote:pretty sure faraday is town at this point
can i ask why
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Mastin wrote:Only scum or bad town will put weight into my RVS comments.

Agreed.

Moving on, shall we?
Johnny needs to post more. In fact, LOTS of people need to post more.
1 I was part of a game called international mafia in which we had 15 pages in pre game of good info i dont find anything wrong with reading into RVS a little other wise whats the points of RVS.

2 you agree that fardays town? On what basis same as rofl gut feeling.

3 yes it seems we have 4 or 5 people who post a decent amount
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

What does IGMEO mean i couldnt find it in the wiki
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:Oh yeah, what's IGMEO?
I looked and IGMEOY means i got my eye on you maybe thats what they meant
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

minute to slow ;)
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:22 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Ok, I hadn''t seen yet that MM didn''t throw any opinions in.
Do you have anything to add?

(Happy scumday btw :))
I think mastins not being completely clear in everything he says. His use of sarcasm is confusing and breeds WIFOM arguments. I dont know if its scummy or the way he plays but definitely is not helpful when he isnt straight forward with the town.
So the reason why you only call out Mastin, but not me, is?
Also, in this post you mention that it could be his play (finding an excuse why it's not scummy), but in your previous post (post 171) you state that you're tired of everything is just Mastin being Mastin.
So what is it?
Im not excusing him i still want him not to
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:29 am

Post by MafiaMann »

My opinion on scum is maybe ckool because some of his posts dont contain much meat but I may be guilty of something similar.

Also Hayker seems to be making a lot of mistakes and some of which can misleading. Im no longer suspicous of mastin or khan.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:38 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Mastin to be fair I was inactive for a long time maybe about 8 out of the 12 months ive been a member.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:29 am

Post by MafiaMann »

fallen angel wrote:Mastin- Just because he has been on for about a year doesn't make him experienced. As he said, he was only playing for 4 out of the 12 months. Also, his scumhunting/attempt at it seemed more like stuff in the Road to Rome.
Im slightly insulted to be honest
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:35 am

Post by MafiaMann »

fallen angel wrote:Not trying to insult you at all. :oops:
Then it did not have the desired outcome

To be honest newbie behavior shouldnt be excused. Id rather lynch a newbie townie then be beaten by a newbie behaving scum. Im a little bit suspicious of you partly writing me off as newbie in some aspects.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:05 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Im not condoning my lynch im condoning your reasoning for not lynching me. If you consider me more townie thats one thing but before you said leaning towards scum which led me to believe you thought i was scum.

Its not suspicious you find my newbieish its suspicious that you were using that as a reason not too lynch me.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:21 am

Post by MafiaMann »

fallen angel wrote:I wasn't saying that we shouldn't lynch you because you appear newbish, I was saying don't lynch you because you seem neutral.
You definitely said leaning towards scum. Are you changing what you said initially?
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Namttam your lol reason is extremely weak and was even agreed upon being weak earlier not really worth mentioning. Im not sure i disagree with the rest and you bring up some decent points.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Well the less you post the less likely you are to say anything beneficial to the town i have a similar problem but continue to post for 2 reasons.

1. If i dont post im not helping the town this is a bad tactic for any role because any role would at least want to appear to be helping the town,

2. Much of what someone says as town while may appear scummy at the time reveals a lot at your death (assuming you get lynched for "your scummy" behavior)

Hope this helps
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:Hey, aren't I posting a bunch?... It may not be the best posts, but at least I'm trying.
The way that last post sounded i thought you were going to begin holding back glad to hear that is not the case.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:09 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:
MM wrote:My opinion on scum is maybe ckool because some of his posts dont contain much meat but I may be guilty of something similar.

Also Hayker seems to be making a lot of mistakes and some of which can misleading.
Yeah, you are guilty of something similar. This is duly noted.
And can you elaborate on your opinion of Hayker?
I believe it was pointed out several times in slip ups he made in falsehoods in his posts i think he even admitted it.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #32) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:13 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Achilles wrote:what do you guys mean by figure out the "sanity of the cop"?. I'm assuming vig-killed means vigilante killed?
If the cop checks the miller he should find a guilty verdict. If not it may mean his sanity is different.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #33) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Hayker wrote:
Anyways, my possible explanation about Kublai had no basis. I was just saying a possibility because the question was raised.
i have a bad habbit of answering questions I know little about.

This bother me a little.

Why are you answering questions when you know you are probably wrong? Giving people wrong information wont benefit anybody.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Hayker wrote:It's a habit I developed a long time ago when I was an arrogant brat and believed I was always right. While I am still an arrogant little prick who gets into bussiness he shouldn't on a daily basis, I know I am often wrong. The habit is hard to break, and comes more, when I am really really tired.
This excuse dosent very much work for me. You basically lied to someone and this is definitely not townie like behavior. You lied and were caught I find it difficult to believe that a townie would lie like that.

Vote Hayker

I dont want a lynch on him now but you definitely deserve a vote for telling a lie.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #35) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Yo were proven wrong and said you knew what you said was wrong seems like a lie to me.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #36) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

You can say something without it being a fact you said you believed you were most likely wrong but told people it anyway. That is misleading and not helpful.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #37) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Hayker wrote:It is still not a lie, regardless of how misleading it may or may not be. I would argue it's not misleading at all because i put all the "caution" statements but meh
Ok stating something untrue is misleading no matter how you say it.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #38) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:17 am

Post by MafiaMann »

fallen angel wrote:Hayker? Why are you warning/advising/coaching ckool?
Maybe hes being helpful?
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #39) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:23 am

Post by MafiaMann »

fallen angel wrote:I try not to assume that players that coach each other are helpful (with the exception of ICs in newbie games). Given all the coaching and reasons from post 378,
Vote Ckool5000
Your voting Ckool because hayker was advising him?
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #40) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:38 am

Post by MafiaMann »

fallen angel wrote:
fallen angel wrote:I try not to assume that players that coach each other are helpful (with the exception of ICs in newbie games). Given all the coaching and
reasons from post 378
Vote Ckool5000
Post 390 pretty much confirms it for me.

Major FOS on Ckool

Not for all that other stuff but mainly for post 390.

If your town you shouldnt get so frustrated you should continue scumhunting.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #41) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:54 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:But... What if I don't have anything worthwhile to say?
Then you arent helping the town
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #42) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:05 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:
fallen angel wrote:That doesn't mean you shouldn't give up scumhunting.
ckool5000 wrote:Yep. That confirms it. I should just keep my mouth shut.
Your just going to stop posting because two people suspect you? Sounding to me like caught scum.
1. Nope.

2. Sounds to me like you're scum jumping on an easy opportunity.
No you are definitely acting scummy
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #43) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

roflcopter wrote:
unvote, vote: hayker
ok... anything else
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #44) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:16 am

Post by MafiaMann »

What the hell i read the same thing 4 times
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (isolation #45) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:19 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:Regarding posts 383 - 397:
''Hayker? Why are you warning/advising/coaching ckool?''
This

''If you are town, you shouldn't be phased and give up. If you are scum, by all means do so.''
This

But ckool strikes me as newbtown.
What for makes it newbtown and not newbscum
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (isolation #46) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:23 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Regarding posts 383 - 397:
''Hayker? Why are you warning/advising/coaching ckool?''
This

''If you are town, you shouldn't be phased and give up. If you are scum, by all means do so.''
This

But ckool strikes me as newbtown.
What for makes it newbtown and not newbscum
Gut.
I agreed with with this untill I saw his reaction after getting ONE vote. Makes me think newbscum
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #47) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:40 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:Yep. That confirms it. I should just keep my mouth shut.
This was scummy but
ckool5000 wrote:But... What if I don't have anything worthwhile to say?
This justification of not talking was the part that got me even more.

[/quote]
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #48) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:09 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Not scumhunting= not posting in this case
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (isolation #49) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

iamausername wrote: =treat the game as a commitment to yourself, to the other players and to me
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (isolation #50) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa guys! Did I ever say I was going to stop scumhunting? Nope. This is the biggest case of strawman I've seen out of all my read-throughs of games. I only said I should probably stop saying things that'll make me want to foot in my mouth, which I was doing for quite a while there, and you guys turned it into me cracking under pressure (which I kinda was, I admit) and giving up scumhunting, which I am NOT doing.
You said youd stop posting at one point

And you did crack under pressure
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #51) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:49 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:While looking over fallen''s posts in ISO, I also saw something I want
MM
to explain.
Mafiamann wrote:To be honest newbie behavior shouldnt be excused. Id rather lynch a newbie townie then be beaten by a newbie behaving scum. Im a little bit suspicious of you partly writing me off as newbie in some aspects.
So explain why you with-hold your vote on ckool at the moment you thought he was newbtown.
Right now id rather have pressure on haykey and look at Ckool next few posts with minimal pressure and then add pressure as needed
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (isolation #52) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:44 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:While looking over fallen''s posts in ISO, I also saw something I want
MM
to explain.
Mafiamann wrote:To be honest newbie behavior shouldnt be excused. Id rather lynch a newbie townie then be beaten by a newbie behaving scum. Im a little bit suspicious of you partly writing me off as newbie in some aspects.
So explain why you with-hold your vote on ckool at the moment you thought he was newbtown.
Right now id rather have pressure on haykey and look at Ckool next few posts with minimal pressure and then add pressure as needed
Whay do you want to gain by pressuring one of them?
And why say that you want to pressure as it takes the effect away.
well you asked i answered
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (isolation #53) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:56 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Wickedestjr wrote:I am not used to all these mafia terms. What is breadcrumbing? And also what do you mean when you guys are talking about metas?
Metas mean play style
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (isolation #54) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:01 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:
Achilles wrote:
and you guys turned it into
me cracking under pressure (which I kinda was, I admit)
"me cracking under pressure" bothers me ckool. If you're a townie, there shouldn't be anything for us to crack open from you. I can understand getting flustered under pressure, but you could say "I was getting frustrated by the pressure" or "annoyed" or "unsure," but writing "cracking" makes me think like you have something to hide.
Note the bolded part. They were the ones saying I was "cracking under pressure". I am indeed "getting frustrated by the pressure", and I was in my first game too, but to a lesser degree (as far as I can remember). I also said I
kinda
was, meaning... well... you get my point...

In fact, it seems like you're using the scum tactic of selective quoting... Or maybe it's just me.
MafiaMann wrote:
ckool5000 wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa guys! Did I ever say I was going to stop scumhunting? Nope. This is the biggest case of strawman I've seen out of all my read-throughs of games. I only said I should probably stop saying things that'll make me want to foot in my mouth, which I was doing for quite a while there, and you guys turned it into me cracking under pressure (which I kinda was, I admit) and giving up scumhunting, which I am NOT doing.
You said youd stop posting at one point

And you did crack under pressure
ckool5000 wrote:1. No, I said I should keep my mouth shut.

2. Yes, I said that.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #55) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:26 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:
MM
to explain.
What do you want to gain by pressuring one of them?

And why say that you want to pressure as it takes the effect away.
well you asked i answered
Even if I hadn''t asked, you had already said it indirectly in the post in which you voted. So why did you do so?
And can you answer the bolded as well?
People react differently under pressure.

Maybe I did but no one noticed untill you pointed it out.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #56) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:40 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:
@MM

So how does this put pressure on somebody:
MafiaMann wrote:
Vote Hayker

I dont want a lynch on him now but you definitely deserve a vote for telling a lie.
And you still haven''t answered why you''d say that your vote was for pressure when that would take away the possible pressure your vote could have had.
I said it was pressure because i was worried people would take it the wrong way and say I was being too aggressive.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #57) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:45 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
@MM

So how does this put pressure on somebody:
MafiaMann wrote:
Vote Hayker

And you still haven''t answered why you''d say that your vote was for pressure when that would take away the possible pressure your vote could have had.
I said it was pressure
because i was worried people would take it the wrong way and say I was being too aggressive.
Worried? Please elaborate why you should worry about this.
Well what Hayker did wasnt as scummy as it was unhelpful to the town so i was concerned that people would say no need to go after hayker so strongly
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #58) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:46 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:That doesn''t explain why you should worry about it. It explains why you worried about it. So now elaborate why you should worry.
I said why i worried and thats why I worried
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #59) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:14 am

Post by MafiaMann »

ZazieR wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:That doesn''t explain why you should worry about it. It explains why you worried about it. So now elaborate why you should worry.
I said why i worried and thats why I worried
And I asked for the reason why you
should
worry. Because you''ve given me the impression that you are scared that others will see you as suspicious. That''s something scum think off.
If people thought I was scum which is what i was concerned about my opinion on others would be ignored
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (isolation #60) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:17 am

Post by MafiaMann »

VP Baltar wrote: In other news, I'm not sure why people are ignoring MafiaMann and the giant red scum arrow pointing to his head. Just saying.
Can someone refer me to the "giant red scum arrow".
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (isolation #61) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

VP Baltar wrote: -----------------------
First player to be addressed will be the scumbag MafiaMann (sorry, last twelve pages didn't do much in your favor).

First thing I noticed was in post 87.
MM wrote:So im coming to the conclusion that the miller claim does not change anyones opinion on khan?
What was the point of asking this? Looks like you're fishing for the town response to feel out if you should push the Kublai case or not.
I was trying to find out how what peoples opinions were on the miller thing and if it was worth pursuing. If everyone agreed it was not going to change anything then I wasnt going to wast peoples time with speculation on it.

then we have post 109:
ckool wrote: Whoa! 5 pages already? Man! I'll read through them all... when I can... But first of all, yay! A mafia doctor (or whatever it is) has been eliminated!
By the other mafia faction most likely which leads me to believe they have a mafia doctor as well.
wtf? literally, that is what my note on this post said. Why is it "most likely" a kill by a supposed other faction. What makes you so sure there is one? why does you assuming there is another faction lead you to believe they have a doctor as well?

In post 116 he attempts to explain why he thinks there are two factions:
i believe Mastin mentioned somthing about to mafia factions early on.
Again, what? That's a pretty crappy reason for assuming there are two mafia factions. Here's a more likely answer: you have inside knowledge of the setup.
[/quote]
Um ive been over this a couple time I belive mastin may know somthing and he was hinting at it

Around post 357 MM gets into with Hayker and tries to paint him as lying, which he clearly was not. You know who do like to blow things up to be more than they are?Scum.

When Hayker basically proves that he was simply wrong about something and was not lying, MM has to backtrack:
MM wrote:You can say something without it being a fact you said you believed you were most likely wrong but told people it anyway. That is misleading and not helpful.
[/quote]

Im sorry but if hes stating somthing he believes is incorrect what is helpful about that?

There is an interesting exchange between MM and kcool around the time of "Hayker coaching" incident. Keep in mind that he had just VOTED HAYKER!

So, as a recap, FA and kcool were having a little spat and Hayker stepped in to say kcool needs to be careful what he says. FA then asks kcool if he's trying to coach.

MM steps in and says:
Maybe hes being helpful?
So, you think the guy that you find scummy enough to vote was just being helpful? Why wouldn't you think he was coaching his partner?[/quote]
I dont find anything wrong with advising people on how to play things in future situations.

Then FA votes kcool (which looks suspicious on its own). MM questions why he would vote kcool if he really thought Hayker was coaching him.
Your voting Ckool because hayker was advising him?
Once FA shows him he's not backing down from the vote. All the sudden MM "Major FoSs" him, not because of his relation to Hayker (who he finds scummy) but rather for being defensive.
MM wrote:
Major FOS on Ckool

Not for all that other stuff but mainly for post 390.

If your town you shouldnt get so frustrated you should continue scumhunting.
Town do in fact get frustrated. It's not a scumtell really. Nice try to align yourself with the wagon if need be though. [/quote]
If you panic under pressure it leads someone to believe that they have a reason to be worried about a lynch.

[/quote]

Your post seems to be a lot of defense of ckool as well
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #62) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

I butchered the quoting in above post
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #63) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

VP attacks my suspicion of ckool and ckool does a lot of"good job VP".

Is it a townie just happy happy someones defending him or it looks like to me that they might be connected somehow.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (isolation #64) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

ckool5000 wrote:You suspected me? :shock:
Sarcasm i assume
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (isolation #65) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:18 am

Post by MafiaMann »

VP is as bad as mastin
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (isolation #66) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:30 am

Post by MafiaMann »

VP Baltar wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:VP is as bad as mastin
I already apologized for it. Now answer the questions I put to you.
Uhm you didnt say anything about me in that post
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (isolation #67) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:45 am

Post by MafiaMann »

VP Baltar wrote:
MM wrote:Your post seems to be a lot of defense of ckool as well
I see one point where I defend ckool, so please elaborate how I'm doing "a lot" of it. Also, please explain how this is scummy considering you don't know either of our alignments.
You said that my attack of him was scummy i said townies shouldnt get frustrated. You follow that up by saying why are you worried about being lynched. Double standard he can panic about pressure on him but i try and not get lynched and its because im scum.
VP Baltar wrote:
MM wrote:I was trying to find out how what peoples opinions were on the miller thing and if it was worth pursuing. If everyone agreed it was not going to change anything then I wasnt going to wast peoples time with speculation on it.
So we're in agreement that you were feeling out the town's feelings then. Good.
ok
VP Baltar wrote:
MM wrote:Um ive been over this a couple time I belive mastin may know somthing and he was hinting at it
So why are you not voting Mastin then? What town role would possibly have insight into the number of scum teams on day 1? Why do you describe it as hinting? He blatantly joked that there were two scum groups. Why do you think he was being serious in that post?
Theres no way i can be sure if hes joking ive been in games when town figures have info and tried to hint it to people. Having insider info does not always mean scum.
VP Baltar wrote:
MM wrote:Im sorry but if hes stating somthing he believes is incorrect what is helpful about that?
Where did I say he was being helpful? I said you painted it as a lie when it clearly was not
He was giving people info with the belief that it was wrong is this not the definition of a lie. Either way it is clearly not pro town to mislead people.
VP Baltar wrote:
MM wrote:I dont find anything wrong with advising people on how to play things in future situations.
Even if you believe the advisor to be scum? I barely defended kcool in my big post and you're already wanting to paint us as a pair. I would think someone blatantly coaching would mean something more to you.
Like i said i dont find anything wrong with advising people for 2 reasons
1 It points out the scum tell why would a scum partner do that
2 Whats wrong with teaching someone better gameplay it make the game more fun?
VP Baltar wrote:
MM wrote:If you panic under pressure it leads someone to believe that they have a reason to be worried about a lynch.
I take it you've seen mislynches happen before. Did all of those persons go silently to their death or express no worry whatsoever?
No but people besides scum at scummy this is what makes the game work.
VP Baltar wrote:
ckool wrote:Townies, just like the mafia, don't really like when people take things the wrong way... In fact, it sort of seems like you're trying to make MM's statement seem weaker than it was!... or something...
No, that's not correct. Townies should jus tplay the game. Scum would be much more on edge about being "misinterpreted".
So why would a townie want to be misinterpreted
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (isolation #68) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:25 am

Post by MafiaMann »

VP Baltar wrote:
MM wrote:You follow that up by saying why are you worried about being lynched. Double standard he can panic about pressure on him but i try and not get lynched and its because im scum.
It's not the same thing at all, actually. ckool was frustrated and said he was going to stop talking after he answered the accusations posed against him. While I don't agree that is the proper play, it's not scummy in and of itself.
Uhm why would a townie be that concerned about being lynched I played little more cautiously nobody would go out of their way to be suspicous.
VP Baltar wrote: You, on the other hand, were preempting your comments and were feeling out the town's opinion. Cautiousness about commenting and being frustrated are not the same thing at all.
Or i was curious as to peoples thoughts on this because I myself no little about miller claims.
VP Baltar wrote:
MM wrote:Theres no way i can be sure if hes joking ive been in games when town figures have info and tried to hint it to people. Having insider info does not always mean scum.
Please give me a single town role that would have knowledge of how many scum teams there are in a game and I will shut up about it.
I played a game in which a character was given a list of ten things that helped to know. Also like mastin said at some point the fact that it was specified as CERULEAN mafia doctor leads me to believe we have two factions.
VP Baltar wrote:
MM wrote:He was giving people info with the belief that it was wrong is this not the definition of a lie.
You are saying he willfully gave incorrect information? Cause I'm pretty sure he said that he said something he may not have been sure about and it turned out to be wrong. These are different. Perhaps Hayker can step in here.
He said he believed he was wrong later so why say somthing that you dont believe to be true. Misleading.
VP Baltar wrote:
MM wrote:1 It points out the scum tell why would a scum partner do that
I don't understand what you mean, can you please reword this.
If you say dont do that next time it directs peoples attention towards it scum would not want to point out their partners scummy behavior.
VP Baltar wrote:
MM wrote:No but people besides scum at scummy this is what makes the game work.
If people other than scum can act scummy (and by extension get frustrated about possibly being lynched) wouldn't this be a null tell then?
No there is no possible scum tell that is 100% going to lead you to scum im saying townies behave scummy sometimes as well but that does not mean we should disregard every scum tell.
VP Baltar wrote:
MM wrote:So why would a townie want to be misinterpreted
No one said that a townie would
want
to be misinterpreted. I said that scum are more likely to actively be worried about being misinterpreted, especially if they are feeling out town sentiments before they make a post, which you admitted was what you were doing. To me, that is a major scumtell.
Im afraid that i dont think the same way you do. I dont think that only scum try not to be lynched and other roles have reason not to be lynched as well.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (isolation #69) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:37 am

Post by MafiaMann »

VP Baltar wrote:
MM wrote:I played a game in which a character was given a list of ten things that helped to know.
Link
MM wrote:If you say dont do that next time it directs peoples attention towards it scum would not want to point out their partners scummy behavior.
This is complete WIFOM.
UHm no it definitely points things out and is thus not scummy to me

heres your link
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... start=1000
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (isolation #70) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:12 am

Post by MafiaMann »

VP Baltar wrote:Are you referring to the Scribe thing in that link MM?
yes
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (isolation #71) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Vp brings off a lot of good points against mastin that several people were just ignoring because its his play style im glad some took the time to look but if he is like that always its a null tell.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (isolation #72) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

VP Baltar wrote:Fishing for flavor, misrepping, OMGUSing tons of people, and claiming your actions are always pro-town are solid scumtells that I am quite sure he does not do all the time.
Im fairly sure the last one might be his play style. The first 3 i agree with
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (isolation #73) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Mastin really needs to stop with the ridiculous posts i didnt even read all of his last two and its getting to the point that its causing so many more problems than any benefit we can possibly be getting from them.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (isolation #74) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Unvote

Vote: mastin
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (isolation #75) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:35 am

Post by MafiaMann »

I suggest we stop voting mastin for now this happened way to fast but I cant read mastins posts so if mastin could summarize something in a short post.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (isolation #76) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:12 am

Post by MafiaMann »

unvote

Obviously dont want a mastin lynch now
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (isolation #77) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:46 am

Post by MafiaMann »

I leave for less then 24 hours and get 8 votes wow. Anyway VP i responded to your earlier accusations as clear as I could. We obviously dont agree on all points but I answered your questions.

I also dont see why anyone would find me telling people to stop voting mastin scummy. He was getting close to a lynch and I figured he would claim before he was lynched which he did.

I unvoted mastin quickly after his claim because he claimed a power role and one way or another he is going to die in the night stage.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (isolation #78) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:40 am

Post by MafiaMann »

KMD because of it distinctly saying cerulean mafia
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (isolation #79) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:56 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Kmd4390 wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:KMD because of it distinctly saying cerulean mafia
And the town PMs distinctly say Emerald.
It also doesnt matter according to most people
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (isolation #80) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Kmd4390 wrote:What doesn't matter?
Wether or not we have two mafia factions scumhunting is scumhunting
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (isolation #81) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Im townie yay no one believes me lynch me

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”