Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:45 am

Post by ZazieR »

Wicked wrote:Also, what is a policy lynch?
That you lynch a player based upon his playstyle (like always lurking, always posting one-liners, always posting Mastin-style, etc.), instead of his behaviour in the game.
Ignore the ''R''
Achilles
Achilles
Goon
Achilles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Achilles »

@Achilles (311): Why did you only focus on those who have votes?
A user asked for the people who hadn't posted much yet to post their opinion, so I figured the best way was to just comment on people who were already under suspicion. I can't think of other people beside the ones who currently have votes who stand out to me a suspicious, so I didn't comment on anyone else.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Kise »

Not that I'm giving anybody town points, but I only see Rotten & Khan as strong enough cases to make votes against. MM still has my finger on him, although he's picked it up a bit, as far as scumhunting goes.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:28 am

Post by Mufasa »

Alright srry for the absense men I will get a good look at this game in the next day
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Hayker »

Hmmmm. I'll simply adress points that I remember from the topic. If anyone wants to point out anything I missed, please do so. I just spent the past few hours reading the topic from start to finish. This re-read has greatly altered my opinions before. I'd also like to state before going on, that my posts around the beggining were all made at midnight-2amish. Therefore my thought process is kinda flawed.

My reason for not posting in the past couple days is exams and lack of proper sleep. I always look scummy(well more scummy) when I post while tired.

Anyways, my possible explanation about Kublai had no basis. I was just saying a possibility because the question was raised. i have a bad habbit of answering questions I know little about.

My opinion of Mastin seems to fluctuate every page or so. He's doing a great job scum hunting, yet his comments refering to his own meta and why he should be considered town, bother me. I can fully understand bringing information like that every now and then, but he seems to do it 2/3 posts. Note the fraction isn't precise. Now considering that there is a high possibility(possibility, not fact) that there is a second mafia would make scumhunting as mafia a very good idea.(As opposed to fake scumhunting that normaly happens by mafia)

Also Mastin, you were bugging kublai about the flavour text in his role pm. The amount of possible information makes me curious, did you get a bunch of flavour information?

I should also bring up my original suspect, rofl. I still find his very instant, and non-changing suspiscion of mastin oddly suspiscious. I've never seen someone so sure so soon, when it is based off of total nonsense. The points I though that were legit was Mastin's lack of a repsonse to post 33, and Mastin's RVS vote on Kublai. I think the suspicious behavior far exeeds his valid points.

I also think Zaz inquired about an inconsistancy in my thought process. Allow me to explain. I know nothing about millers in forum mafia. I have never seen one, so I know nothing about them. The only way for me to learn about them is through other peoples opinions. Whether or not I'm reading an article about it, or reading posts in this game about it, they are other peoples opinions. If I could do it without opinions, I would. The only way I could possibly learn about it with minimul opinions is to read a game with a miller in it, but I am not searching hours on end for one.

And my final paragraph of this post will be about johnny rotten. The scumbag. If you can't guess, I think he is a mafioso. His reasons are bad, his posts are sub-par. There is nothing I can bring up that wouldn't be repeating information. So with that in mind, I cast my first vote of the game(which means I'm very certain of something)

vote:Johnny Rotten
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Hayker wrote:
Anyways, my possible explanation about Kublai had no basis. I was just saying a possibility because the question was raised.
i have a bad habbit of answering questions I know little about.

This bother me a little.

Why are you answering questions when you know you are probably wrong? Giving people wrong information wont benefit anybody.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Hayker »

It's a habit I developed a long time ago when I was an arrogant brat and believed I was always right. While I am still an arrogant little prick who gets into bussiness he shouldn't on a daily basis, I know I am often wrong. The habit is hard to break, and comes more, when I am really really tired.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Hayker wrote:It's a habit I developed a long time ago when I was an arrogant brat and believed I was always right. While I am still an arrogant little prick who gets into bussiness he shouldn't on a daily basis, I know I am often wrong. The habit is hard to break, and comes more, when I am really really tired.
This excuse dosent very much work for me. You basically lied to someone and this is definitely not townie like behavior. You lied and were caught I find it difficult to believe that a townie would lie like that.

Vote Hayker

I dont want a lynch on him now but you definitely deserve a vote for telling a lie.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Hayker »

I'm sorry what? Lied? I did not lie.

I don't know for sure, but perhaps his acting different is because that was a newbie game. I can already tell how different newbie games are from large games in the first two pages

In no where in there did I say a lie. I even said I don't know for sure. I even said perhaps. Do not accuse me of lieing when I haven't even come close to lieing.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Yo were proven wrong and said you knew what you said was wrong seems like a lie to me.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Hayker »

I just directly quoted what I had said. I never stated any facts, merely a possiblity that I wasn't sure of. Being proven wrong on something you say is a possibility doesn't make you a lier, simply wrong.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

You can say something without it being a fact you said you believed you were most likely wrong but told people it anyway. That is misleading and not helpful.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Hayker »

It is still not a lie, regardless of how misleading it may or may not be. I would argue it's not misleading at all because i put all the "caution" statements but meh
reveillark
reveillark
Townie
reveillark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by reveillark »

hi. poking my head in to say i've been busy and therefore not paying as much attention to this game as i'd like to.

Anyways, responding really quick to a couple questions i got asked.

A few people asked why I thought certain points i made were scummy. General answer: they were things that stood out to me and raised my suspicions. Specific answers:

ckool point 1: It's the equivalent of the "oh man sux we lost the doctor" tell.

ckool point 2: It seemed like a greatly ridiculous bit of bad logic and fake scumhunting. As to the question about whether i think the people who agreed with it are scummy, I was hoping they were joking. Otherwise they're just trendy bastards.

ckool point 4: More possible fake scumhunting, also gives me a general sense of ckool being really impatient.

JRotten point 2 and 3: Most of the reason for the HoS was point 1, points 2 and 3 were just the other things that stood out to me while reading his posts.

As to why I didn't vote rotten yet. When I made that post I had just finished my first quick read through and was in a very "let me unload what's on my mind" mood - basically, i didn't realize i had forgotten to vote somebody. I'll rectify now
Vote: Johnny Rotten

Anyways I got places to be, I'll post again tonight after I reread/finish catching up.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Hayker wrote:It is still not a lie, regardless of how misleading it may or may not be. I would argue it's not misleading at all because i put all the "caution" statements but meh
Ok stating something untrue is misleading no matter how you say it.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by fallen angel »

Hayker wrote:It is still not a lie, regardless of how misleading it may or may not be. I would argue it's not misleading at all because i put all the "caution" statements but meh
Purposely misleading is a scumtell. Scum need to shape their own reality so that they can get other people lynched. Even if it is unintentional, it is still anti-town.

Faraday- Meh, it wasn't really a suspects list as much of a "Out of all the stuff that has happened, these people strike me as acting oddly." None of them right now would be someone who I want lynched, more just IGMEO them. I admit I am a bit behind, however, so my views might be changed when I catch up.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by fallen angel »

One kinda suspicion is on DVD for not only trying to sway the vig and cop, but also for wanting Khan dead with the only justification that "He's a miller." Khan probably claimed at the best possible time, because the earlier a miller claims, usually the better. DVD's overeagerness makes me wary.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:39 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #6=-

Johnny Rotten (6) - Kise, Mastin, Namttam, Wickedestjr, Hayker, reveillark
Mastin (3) - Kublai Khan, roflcopter, Johnny Rotten
Kublai Khan (3) - ZazieR, Empking's Alt, ckool5000
Hayker (2) - Faraday, MafiaMann

Not Voting (7) - Achilles, Lowell, cateraction, dvdkid13, Mufasa, Redith, fallen angel

11 to lynch.

-=Lowell replaces BloodCovenent, who requested replacement. Looking for a replacement for cateraction, who also requested replacement.=-

-=Redith has been prodded=-
Last edited by iamausername on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:23 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Kise wrote:Not that I'm giving anybody town points, but I only see Rotten & Khan as strong enough cases to make votes against. MM still has my finger on him, although he's picked it up a bit, as far as scumhunting goes.
ORLY?:
Kise wrote:KK's post here is rather interesting. Zazie got caught slipping and she still has a chance to break my heart.. my achey-breaky heart. I would encourage her to explain/comment on Khan's exposure of her.
^^That quote says something else.
Also, I asked you what ''exposure'' you''re talking about. Can you explain that now?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Hayker wrote:I'd also like to state before going on, that my posts around the beggining were all made at midnight-2amish. Therefore my thought process is kinda flawed.

My reason for not posting in the past couple days is exams and lack of proper sleep. I always look scummy(well more scummy) when I post while tired.
Scummy^^
Anyways, my possible explanation about Kublai had no basis. I was just saying a possibility because the question was raised. i have a bad habbit of answering questions I know little about.
Regarding what is this?

Still back-trackable opinions.
His reasons are bad, his posts are sub-par.
Can you elaborate on this?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:09 am

Post by ZazieR »

MafiaMann wrote:
Hayker wrote:
Anyways, my possible explanation about Kublai had no basis. I was just saying a possibility because the question was raised.
i have a bad habbit of answering questions I know little about.

This bother me a little.

Why are you answering questions when you know you are probably wrong? Giving people wrong information wont benefit anybody.
This as well, though I don''t see it as scummy. It''s anti-town behaviour.
Ignore the ''R''
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:12 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

Wick: 0, 4, 5
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:14 am

Post by ZazieR »

Empking's Alt wrote:Wick: 0, 4, 5
What is this in response to?
Ignore the ''R''
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:29 am

Post by roflcopter »

i see that the johnny rotten wagon has surpassed the mastin wagon. i have been far from the internet these past two dozen plus hours. hayker, could you explain why i should be voting for johnny rotten instead of mastin in five or less short, salient points?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:35 am

Post by ZazieR »

reveillark wrote:ckool point 1: It's the equivalent of the "oh man sux we lost the doctor" tell.

ckool point 2: It seemed like a greatly ridiculous bit of bad logic and fake scumhunting. As to the question about whether i think the people who agreed with it are scummy, I was hoping they were joking. Otherwise they're just trendy bastards.

ckool point 4: More possible fake scumhunting, also gives me a general sense of ckool being really impatient.

JRotten point 2 and 3: Most of the reason for the HoS was point 1, points 2 and 3 were just the other things that stood out to me while reading his posts.
ckool 1: I was more asking why you see that as a scumtell.
ckool 2: How is it bad logic?
ckool 4: I disagree with what you said. To me, it seems ckool said something else. But I''ll let ckool respond first.

And you haven''t explained yet why Rotten 2 makes Rotten look scummy. Could you do that?
Ignore the ''R''

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”