Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #189 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:01 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Wow, apparently I'm late to the party.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #359 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:03 pm

In post 355, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Cook's posts reminded me you exist and this one also similarly wants to see more out of you, so have a notification.
Notification doesn't help, but I have not forgotten about the game, just haven't had time to catch up with everything. My weekends are typically pretty busy, I should be catching up either later tonight or tomorrow.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #381 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:33 am

In post 156, Cook wrote: i don’t like it and think its wheels might have been greased by scum somehow
Do you think you're particularly likely to flail when wagoned, and scum know this? Or why do scum want this wagon to be a thing
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #382 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:35 am

In post 157, Ausuka wrote: 1) She says, "man i’m having a real hard time following this game! y’all are posting so much" which is a fairly common sentiment to see in games but I can't say I've ever seen it on page 5.
to be fair to Cook, this game's first few pages are an incomprehensible mess, even by RVS standards.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #383 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:36 am

In post 160, fireisredsir wrote: VOTE: HighPrincessErinys
I like this post
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #387 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:22 am

In post 385, Cook wrote:how come?
seems to deny the value of weird/unexpected situations to generate reactions, especially early on. It's also a bit LAMIST, so possibly scummy on its own (though it is more likely just Erin's genuine belief). So voting Erin after it is reasonable, and naked voting is a good way to make a counterpoint to Erin's point, by creating a weird situation and gauging its reaction.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #388 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:49 am

The number of people taking seriously is shocking to me.

But I guess I'm more numb to weird antics than many people.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #389 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:51 am

In post 380, Cook wrote: i don't like that mason claim, ESPECIALLY now that it fell flat.
This is interesting. So you think the mason claim was scummy even ignoring the fact that Invisibility denied it. Does that mean you think it clearly wasn't serious? Or that you think it was serious but a gigabrain scum play for some reason?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #407 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:40 am

In post 397, HighPrincessErinys wrote: idk if there was really a world where anyone could take that mason claim seriously considering it came out of nowhere and involved Invis ("Stop playing Invis" even though she currently was not being pushed nor was pushing italiano or anything similar.
I think at least happy, Invis, and Asri took it seriously.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #421 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:16 am

In post 414, Asri Teroka wrote: Why aren't you mentioning Ausuka. This one never said how serious they think the claim is btw.
Ausuka obviously didn't believe the claim was real.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #522 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:34 am

In post 423, Asri Teroka wrote:What planet you on where you say Asri believed it but Ausuka didn't?
I didn't say you believed it, I said you treated it like a serious claim.

It would be very weird (and concerning) to vote someone and demand a claim because they made a joke.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #968 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:47 pm

oops

I will play game tomorrow for sure. probably tonight. we will see
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #983 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:52 am

Shitty read I think Asri/Hu Tao is not S/S.

I will have non-shitty things to say in a bit
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1003 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:19 am

In post 535, KatyKimFanClub wrote: I think you should read the Italiano / Invisibility / iamveryhappy interactions.
I'm not sure why but I get the feeling that this doesn't come from scum speaking to town.

Maybe I'm just grasping at straws though, but tbh that's my entire mafia career.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1117 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:50 pm

In post 572, iamveryhappy wrote: Let me word my question better. If you had to give a scumcase on me no matter how much you townread me, what would you scumcase me for?
oh this is a town post isn't it, but I don't have to like it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1118 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:57 pm

In post 587, Cook wrote: not that it makes him townier to me, but that the play was made to try to regain towncred
I don't understand, do you think there's a world where Italiano doesn't walk back that claim? Or what exactly about the walkback looked like a grab for towncred (I'm not really sure what he'd have to be on to think any of that would give him towncred)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1119 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:58 pm

In post 602, Cook wrote: i'm not italiano, i didn't claim mason and get shut down
Neither did he, he made an obvious joke/exaggeration and people took it seriously for some reason.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1120 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:00 pm

In post 630, Asri Teroka wrote: Also not liking this.
I'll throw a +1 here, it is an extremely easy and level 1 read to make.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1121 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:02 pm

I feel like Ausuka is making too much sense to be scum and I say this because last time I saw her as scum she just pretended she didn't know anything and then nobody paid attention to her.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1122 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:43 pm

In post 827, fireisredsir wrote: black is one of my stronger townreads rn (along with you!) and i think it is extremely bad news for the game if one of my strongest townreads is tunneled on another one
I didn't agree with the black read (though I'm now tempted to sheep yours) but I mostly just feel like this is same old and not cause for alarm.

Maybe it's just because every game my townreads are the ones that everyone wants to kill. But am I wrong to read this post, like, 10% more showy than I'm comfortable with? For sure it is a very easy thing to bring up and try to look like the more reasonable party.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1123 (isolation #20) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:48 pm

I hate pages 34-35
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1124 (isolation #21) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:55 pm

In post 1005, KatyKimFanClub wrote: What do you mean by this?
The last bit? My reads tend to be for reasons that don't make sense to others, and rightly so, because they're historically pretty bad.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1125 (isolation #22) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:55 pm

In post 1026, Hu Tao wrote: What basis for this read at all?
People tend not to forget their partners
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1135 (isolation #23) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:58 am

In post 1129, Black wrote: calls one of Happy's posts a "town post"...easy post for scum to make
why would scum make that post?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1137 (isolation #24) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:01 am

In post 1134, Ausuka wrote: I might not be the best person to ask this cos it might sound like an ego thing but @SS, in the game I think you're referring to I had 775 posts and had to chain 4 miselims on my own in a game with two masons and a vig still alive. I think i was also pretty townread when you were around. Why is it exactly that you think I wouldn't be able to make sense as scum?
Anyone can make sense as scum. Not making sense is a lot harder, and that's why you did well in that game. If someone appears competent and logical, and then they chain 4 mislims, that's gonna raise some eyebrows. My understanding of how you played that game (admittedly limited because I died early) is that you deliberately made yourself look like you weren't playing a good game, so people wouldn't sus you for having bad reads.

And I don't think you're doing that here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1140 (isolation #25) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:04 am

I think the first person to go "hey wait a minute S_S is obvscum lol" is usually town (and it happens at some point in like 80% of games I play in, although this one's earlier than most) which matches with the intuition I had that Black was actually town despite me not liking her posts (there is surely a stylistic clash going on here that makes it hard to be objective).

I'm just curious what exactly you think my plan is if I'm scum here, Black.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1144 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:08 am

In post 1138, Black wrote:Town cred
If you think a post is not towny but can be made for towncred, it must mean that (a) a majority of people would read that behavior as towny, and (b) that behavior is not actually towny.

What exactly is the behavior that satisfies (a) there? I generally see people getting disproportionately scumread for asinine hypothetical questions, not the other way around.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1146 (isolation #27) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:12 am

In post 1141, Black wrote: I definitely don't think you're obvscum, not sure where you got that idea from my post! I just think you fit the bill for how I would expect the lurky scum to play here
It's a bit of an exaggeration ofc, just trying to fit your play into the pattern of how I'm often treated in games. Usually it's a little later and a little more confident, so it's not a perfect fit, but it's the same vibe.
If you're scum then your plan would be to coast through D1 giving shallow reads for towncred. While simultaneously instigating things and pushing them along
I don't really see where I've been instigating, I try not to do that. I also don't really feel like shallow reads garner much towncred? Anyone can make up reads as scum, that isn't hard. The hard part is faking the authentic thought process behind them, which I haven't shown much of, but which I also evidently haven't really tried to fake.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1148 (isolation #28) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:17 am

In post 1143, Black wrote: Why don't you like my posts?
Idk playstyle differences I guess. I got some bad vibes on you while catching up, I can't remember what posts they were from tho.

It probably doesn't help that you were shitfighting a lot with Asri, but I don't think my impression was totally fair, which is part of why I was comfortable dropping it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1150 (isolation #29) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:32 am

In post 1134, Ausuka wrote: I think he hasn't rolled scum in a while but the last scumgame I saw was like, uh, one and a half years ago I think?
God, when
was
the last time I rolled scum? I guess it was this game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1151 (isolation #30) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:33 am

In post 1149, fireisredsir wrote: basically @ss i think your impression is somewhat accurate from that game, but just bc she played that way in that game doesn't mean she can't play a different way as scum
ofc, and I'm not saying it makes her necessarily town, it's just a data point.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1165 (isolation #31) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:45 am

In post 1154, iamveryhappy wrote: why use meta when you can use your brain
why make actual reasoned arguments when you can make pointless quips like this
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1167 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:51 am

Can you rephrase that as a good faith question/request? (If it was an actual request, otherwise whatever)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1170 (isolation #33) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:04 am

In post 1168, iamveryhappy wrote: this was a half-joking question asking you why you were wasting time answering my shitposts
Well, it might help people understand me to explain that my limiting factor is certainly not time-- I have plenty of time, and those responses didn't take much time. It's really just brainpower/attention, it's hard for me to devote more than a certain amount of that, especially when I know it will be for little reward.

If you want to see more solving from me, the best way is to engage me on particular topics of interest. That way I can be sure someone will actually care about what I say.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1230 (isolation #34) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:27 pm

In post 1223, T3 wrote: I guess there’s a certain level of analysis that I’m used to expecting from SS that he’s not giving this game.
What level?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1319 (isolation #35) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:32 pm

In post 1171, Cook wrote: what did you/do you have to say about black's read of you?
As was pointed out, you can read my posts in the pages preceding this one.

I get scumreads from people unfamiliar with my playstyle all the time. They usually take the form of "he's making pointless posts/asking questions that don't go anywhere and avoiding making any actual arguments". It tends to come from town although it can be scum who thinks they've got a good target (though picking out a green as an easy target probably takes some guts). My content this game has been a little more tangential and sporadic than usual, I can't immediately intuit whether it makes scum more likely to push me, though I'd think it probably does.

I haven't seen anything that indicates that Black's read is in bad faith or disingenuous; I have issues with some of the individual points, but I don't need to repeat them, you can just read my posts. I think cases are generally +town because you're putting yourself out on the line and opening your reasoning up to being picked apart, I don't think this is an exception.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1320 (isolation #36) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:42 pm

In post 1231, Asri Teroka wrote: Something Smart, when you can, can you give a rundown on T3's Black vote and why you think it was made?
Weird request. Especially since it seems like T3 talked very little about Black before the vote, and T3 is basically a black box anyway as far as I'm concerned.

So I don't really feel like speculating what Black said that caused T3 to not like her, I think that would just be stabbing in the dark.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1321 (isolation #37) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:53 pm

In post 1245, Black wrote: What is your read on Cook?
Don't have one at the moment
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1493 (isolation #38) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:16 am

Cook, you should definitely investigate one of the people who said "cOoK iS tRuEcLaImInG aS sCuM".

Assuming you are town, those are likely to contain the types of people who want a town rolecop dead, i.e. scum PR's.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1860 (isolation #39) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:22 am

In post 1561, ItalianoVD wrote: To clarify, I am Town Odd Night Neapolitan.
odd night cop claims are never real
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1861 (isolation #40) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:23 am

40 minutes till deadline? damn I picked a bad time to try to read up
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1862 (isolation #41) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:23 am

I do not like Italiano's claim at all tho
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1864 (isolation #42) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:25 am

probably hu tao as scum backup watcher seems sorta unlikely?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1867 (isolation #43) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:27 am

In post 1736, Hu Tao wrote: People on this site care too much about claims.
Guess we don't have to worry about asking them to claim.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1870 (isolation #44) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:28 am

In post 1868, KatyKimFanClub wrote: I'm going to hammer Ausuka with 10 minutes left on clock I guess unless something drastic happens
Wait, which lim do you prefer between the two?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1881 (isolation #45) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:30 am

In post 1871, KatyKimFanClub wrote: Pedit: welcome back S_S who are you voting for
I stated that I preferred Hu Tao between the two, it seems we have plenty of available votes for either.

Though I guess you didn't see me say so when you posted that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1891 (isolation #46) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:33 am

In post 1885, Asri Teroka wrote: You understand how you appearing at this time will be suspicious if Ausaka flips scum in the future?
No. I appeared before anyone started threatening to hammer Ausuka, and despite those threats I have not hammered Hu Tao.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1898 (isolation #47) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:34 am

I think is +town btw
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1900 (isolation #48) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:35 am

VOTE: Hu Tao
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1901 (isolation #49) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:35 am

(E-1)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1931 (isolation #50) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:43 am

In post 1918, Cook wrote: i’m ascetic. the bp call was so that i didn’t get obliterated n1. i had to play scummy town so that mafia wouldn’t shoot me for townleading, because i could not get protted
so you basically knew ausuka's claim was true and italiano's false and you didn't feel like saying anything?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1937 (isolation #51) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:44 am

In post 1934, Cook wrote: how would i have known italiano was false…?
well do you think there would be a watcher, a rolecop, and a neapolitan on town's side? that seems like an ungodly amount of investigative power
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1939 (isolation #52) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:45 am

In post 1936, Cook wrote: i really should not be trusted with town pr lmao
If you're aware that you aren't this adept with mechanics, you shouldn't be fakeclaiming.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1944 (isolation #53) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:47 am

In post 1941, Cook wrote: the alternative was getting nk’d
And now you've outed a PR and you're still getting NK'd. That sure seems
so
much better.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1945 (isolation #54) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:48 am

We should wait for ItalianoBS to claim his info before we commit to anything.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1954 (isolation #55) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:05 am

In post 1950, iamveryhappy wrote: a funni I think sheep would do is to make the backup watcher a named townie
I don't think that's likely.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1957 (isolation #56) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:35 am

In post 1955, Black wrote: Who do you think is scum?
Italiano
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1959 (isolation #57) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:40 am

Why are you assuming Cook is fake and Italiano is real?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1960 (isolation #58) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:42 am

Also why are you assuming the watcher is ungated?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1979 (isolation #59) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:47 pm

In post 1963, ItalianoVD wrote: Ugh, this is why I hate this game sometimes. I targeted Black last not and my result was “not a vanilla townie”.
Haha, of course you did! What a wacky coincidence.

VOTE: Italiano
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1980 (isolation #60) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:49 pm

In post 1972, Flower wrote:
In post 1969, Black wrote: If Cook is town, Flower and IVD are scum

If Cook is scum, I think IVD is town and Flower is probably town too
There's no world where Cook's town here, go re-read Ausukas mechposting where she says Cook's scum trueclaiming if there's a vig in the game

-Nameless
Why does scum-Cook tell everyone who the tracker is so the watcher knows who to be on?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1985 (isolation #61) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:27 pm

In post 1984, Flower wrote: Did you miss the setup spec from Ausuka where Vig game = scum!Cook or do you actually believe Cooks new claim?
I believe Cook's new claim. It makes much more sense in the setup than the old one (and than Italiano's claim) and the reasoning, while poor, is believable.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1990 (isolation #62) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:38 pm

In post 1986, Cook wrote: reasoning for faking 1sbp?
Yes.

I could have maybe understood simply claiming rolecop without any modifiers. But the 1sbp is inherently suspicious because it gives an excuse for why you aren't dying, and it screws up setup speculation.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1991 (isolation #63) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:39 pm

In post 1987, Flower wrote: How would these posts be justified by an Ascetic Rolecop Cook?
I mean Cook clearly wanted to appear to scum as a 1-shot BP rolecop. I don't see why those posts don't make sense as furthering that goal.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1994 (isolation #64) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:55 pm

You really think Cook and I are
this
incompetent as scum? Or what exactly do you think our grand plan is?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1995 (isolation #65) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:56 pm

Or are you just unable to comprehend how anyone could see things differently from you?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1996 (isolation #66) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:57 pm

Not trying to be insulting, but I really want to know what here makes you want to tunnel me. Because it seems like you're just being tribalistic and going after people who disagree with you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2004 (isolation #67) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:36 am

Why does mafia tracker make 0 sense? I've definitely seen them before.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2005 (isolation #68) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:39 am

There's definitely not a scum watcher. But why are you assuming there's no town watcher?

Red herring backup is rare, you should need extraordinary evidence to believe it's the most likely scenario.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2006 (isolation #69) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:42 am

I wish you would just post the steps of the proof instead of posting the assumptions and making me figure out what you mean. It's not that I necessarily couldn't if I tried, but it seems unnecessary.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2054 (isolation #70) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:31 am

In post 2023, Flower wrote: Why arent more people bothered with Cook claiming 1-Shot BP Rolecop with Ausuka pointing out that if there's a vig then Cook's probably trueclaiming scum and then after the vig shoots and Ausuka flips town her claim suddenly changes to one that isn't a blatant scumclaim
How is mafia tracker too complicated for sheep but mafia 1-shot BP rolecop is fair game? That seems like a weird inconsistency.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2055 (isolation #71) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:31 am

In post 2024, ItalianoVD wrote: Sometimes the most obvious answer is the right one.
The obvious answer is that odd-night cop claims are never real, because they aren't.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2056 (isolation #72) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:33 am

Odd-night cop is literally the perfect claim for scum. You can invent one result to suit your agenda, but you don't have to provide so many results that you end up narrowing down your own team. It gives an excuse for why you don't die N2 (you can't do anything anyway) and then by D4 it's elo or close to it so it will be hard for "why are you still alive?" to get traction.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2057 (isolation #73) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:35 am

In post 2007, Flower wrote: Me too but sadly in this case it's pretty necessary, sorry
Why?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2058 (isolation #74) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:38 am

I don't think I'm gonna follow your argument.

Are you also assuming scum don't have a ninja? That seems like a wild and unfounded assumption.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2059 (isolation #75) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:41 am

Tracker and rolecop can't get green checks, so if I'm assuming they only check town, then they have basically 0 info. I really don't see what you're getting at.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2063 (isolation #76) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:01 am

In post 2061, Flower wrote: Because there's a Vig in the game and that's the kind of thing where if scum have no counter to it a Mafia 1-Shot Bulletproof Rolecop gets suggested to address it during review.
I don't think this is a thing that happens during reviews? Mafia bulletproof is not a "counter" to a vig, it's a random slap in the face.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2064 (isolation #77) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:03 am

In post 2061, Flower wrote: If we have 5 Town PRs (With 3 info roles and a vig) are you unironically suggesting that scum gets 0 compensation in the form of PRs?
There are three scum, they don't all have to be PR's; having no goons on a team is pretty rare. And like I said, ninja is the most likely scum PR, considering we have a tracker and a watcher, so tracker results wouldn't even necessarily mean much.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2066 (isolation #78) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:11 am

In post 2065, Flower wrote: He should already have experience with someone carelessly adding a Town Vigilante and needing to suggest some sort of counterbalance and this is making me feel like he's twisting mech for an agenda
Can you link to a review where this happened?

I would never suggest this as a counter to vig. I don't think Isis or Koba would either. But I've been wrong before.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2067 (isolation #79) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:12 am

In post 2065, Flower wrote: Case in point. You'd add Mafia 1-Shot BP in a Vig game so that the Vig can shoot limbait without just straight up soloing the game by shooting all the Mafia, how is this a new concept for you?
When balancing, I assume that a vig shot is equivalent to a lim (except that it can land on a town PR). If I would put an ungated vig in a mini, which I would not, I wouldn't consider the case where the vig shoots all the scum to be bad-- scum weren't going to win anyway.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2071 (isolation #80) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:07 am

In post 2070, iamveryhappy wrote: 2-shot seems too weak, no modifier seems too strong
Too weak?? 2-shot vig is still very strong because it confirms itself as town and earns town an extra lim.

Plus, it's not like town can't have weak PR's as well as strong ones.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2073 (isolation #81) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:15 am

I don't understand. Yes, people would shoot every night as a vig, that's just basic play. I'm not talking about conserving shots, I just think that a 1-shot or 2-shot vig could exist in the setup if the reviewers wanted it to.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2107 (isolation #82) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:40 pm

In post 2097, T3 wrote: ^ this guy has not been reading the game and probably just cntrl-f'd "VOTE: Black" in my ISO.
What are you talking about? You made like 10 posts before that vote and none of them contained any sort of opinion on Black.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2109 (isolation #83) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:54 pm

True. I did not go through your whole ISO. But idk why you think "doesn't have every post memorized" is equivalent to "hasn't been reading the game".
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2114 (isolation #84) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:43 am

In post 2110, iamveryhappy wrote: claps
well done s_s you finally used common sense
Can we not make posts like this
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2212 (isolation #85) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:07 pm

In post 2210, Flower wrote: Popcorning to Invisibility
Why are we popcorning when there's an unclaimed watcher and a vig out there?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2214 (isolation #86) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:36 pm

In post 2213, Flower wrote: It's ELo? If we wait until they're run up they're just gonna get cc'd by scum
We have an essentially confirmed scum in Italiano, though, so we might as well kill him first and not help scum out on what to do tonight.

Unless you don't think Italiano is scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2218 (isolation #87) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:12 pm

Flower, if Cook had flipped scum, who would you have targeted?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2220 (isolation #88) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:22 pm

Yeah, that would have been proper. It's a borderline throw to crumb a target like that and then target someone else.

Why did you choose me as your target?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2245 (isolation #89) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:00 am

In post 2238, fireisredsir wrote: i feel like it's more likely to be a strategic choice than literally giving up
Oh for sure. I mean he can already tell that he's not getting out of it today, so why give up info by fighting it.

And he thinks his team's in a good spot so he doesn't need to create WIFOM/muddy the waters.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2246 (isolation #90) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:01 am

I think it's probably better to just end the day so scum don't have as much info off of which to decide the kill.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2247 (isolation #91) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:04 am

Also, odd-night cop claims are never real.

The next time you all see an odd-night cop claim, you know what to do.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2253 (isolation #92) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:12 am

In post 2250, iamveryhappy wrote: like how many times have I told you it is a role that is nonexistent and the backup role is simply made by sheep to do the funni
Please, TMI harder.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2260 (isolation #93) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:05 pm

In post 2258, fireisredsir wrote: italiano obviously wants to die and not say anything and just let his team go to next phase
Well, not necessarily. He just doesn't want to keep pretending to be town and potentially give more away, when he assumes it's pointless.

The reason I was holding off was in case Flower wanted to say more, since they are probably dying tonight.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2297 (isolation #94) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:09 am

Glad I don't have to doubt Flower's claim after they basically pseudo-scumslipped. I didn't think it was a real scumslip, but I wasn't a fan of it.

I guess we can do a massclaim order of Invis -> Katy -> happy -> fire.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2299 (isolation #95) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:23 am

I'll claim last, if at all, because Flower confirmed me as town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2302 (isolation #96) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:43 am

Please unvote. Invis could be the vig.

(You should unvote even if you are the vig, because Invis doesn't know that, and we don't want to give him more information to choose a claim.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2307 (isolation #97) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:37 am

In post 2303, iamveryhappy wrote: you sure?
Yes, I'm sure. :igmeou:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2310 (isolation #98) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:41 am

Yes, obviously they are.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2311 (isolation #99) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:42 am

I assume you were the vig, happy, but if not then you omega threw.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2312 (isolation #100) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:43 am

If a conftown asks you to unvote in elo, do it first and ask questions afterward.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2317 (isolation #101) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:49 am

they coordinated in their PT
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2322 (isolation #102) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:52 am

In post 2319, iamveryhappy wrote: I was softing vig all the time and scum didn't see I don't think
There was one that was quite obvious, I assume they just thought Flower was a higher priority kill.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2341 (isolation #103) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:07 pm

Lol, I almost claimed watcher saying that Italiano visited Klick on N2.

Maybe I should have done it. I was trying to soft watcher throughout D2.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”