logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Wed May 07, 2008 7:02 am

Post by logicticus »

zu_Faul wrote:I have been brutally murdered, I dont know who did it but I may do at some stage.

This was something different earlier was it not? When I did my first read through a bit back it was more straight forward, something like "I have been killed and I am a vanilla townie."

Does this mean that a dead man edited his post or somebody else did?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Wed May 07, 2008 9:40 am

Post by logicticus »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
vote: logicticus
for actively trying to avoid scrutiny.
so who has invited scrutiny at this point that disqualified them from this vote?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:31 am

Post by logicticus »

Adel wrote:
vote:DGB
for editing other people's posts.
was this a joke post by you, or do you really think dgb was editing peoples posts?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Thu May 08, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by logicticus »

Adel wrote:
EmpTyger wrote: Rules:
You all know how this works.
perhaps we can write the rules ourselves?

We all have moderated games beofre, we do know how this works.
Adel, I feel like you are trying to lead us astray. Even if we took valuable time and posts to write out the rules, whos there to enforce them? The mod is an omnipotent being in the thread who has more knowledge and is thus able to enforce everything, we all have limited knowledge and nobody could enforce any ruleset that we made.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #4) » Thu May 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by logicticus »

Adel wrote:I'm waiting for a Pm back from our mod.

I sent a PM saying:
I'm sure you are getting many PMs from other players.

My I edit the first post of the game to include

No player (living or dead) is allowed to edit any post without the consensus of more than 50% of living players or the explicit permission of EmpTyger.

this is so worthless, i dont understand one instance in which it would be acceptable for anyone to edit anyones posts.

THIS IS A TEST EDIT BY GLORK
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #5) » Thu May 08, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by logicticus »

and its not enforceable to make that rule because i am pretty sure you can edit other peoples posts and not leave a trail.

someone edit this post and we shall find out....
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #6) » Fri May 09, 2008 5:43 am

Post by logicticus »

Alright, I think we are now just repeating ourselves and I would like to get us on track so I will summarize what seems to be the gist of this:

It appears that we are all the mods in some respect in this game meaning there is no central authority figure. Even though the ability to edit posts is available for anyone to use, it would destroy the integrity of the the game to do so (Winning by cheating isnt really winning after all...). Finally, upon death, it would also be immoral to lie about your role.

I hope this ends that.

I want to go back to the raj/axel interaction because thats the most pertinent part of this game thus far. I dont like rajs post 60 because he throws in more hyperbole in my opinion. He calls axels post an OMGUS and then tosses in the fact that the two people who agreed on an explanation must be scumbuddies. Combine this with his explanation post that also threw the "kitchen sink" around and I dont like it.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #7) » Tue May 13, 2008 5:39 am

Post by logicticus »

elvis_knits wrote:I am unsure whether the people railing against our self-policing are likely to be scum or town. I think it is not productive though. I would consider anyone who cheats to have lost themselves the game. I'm not really scared that people are going to abuse the freedom we have been given. Perhaps I am too much of an optimistic, trusting person.

But basically, you have to accept that there is the possibility that people will cheat, and play or not play on those terms. There is nothing we can do about it other than decide not to play.

Also, I think mathcam needs another vote at the moment. What are you afraid will happen without a normal mod? Just by playing on this forum we agree to play by the normal rules. What are you so scared of? Or are you just trying to act like a townie who thinks the scum won't follow the rules?

unvote; vote mathcam
Thats 5 on Cam....2 more and he will be lynched.

I just dont see the case against him, I think he is a townie who is worried about what the scum could do with the editing of posts while a good majority of us realize there is nothing we can do about it and choose to go on scum hunting. So I would say his priorities are a bit out of whack at the moment, but that hardly makes him scum.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #8) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:06 am

Post by logicticus »

mathcam wrote:
elvis wrote: Also, I think mathcam needs another vote at the moment. What are you afraid will happen without a normal mod? Just by playing on this forum we agree to play by the normal rules.
Do the normal rules include editing posts? Do you think that whoever chose to edit the first post is deliberately breaking our perceived rules of the game?
logitcitucs wrote:I think he is a townie who is worried about what the scum could do with the editing of posts while a good majority of us realize there is nothing we can do about it and choose to go on scum hunting. So I would say his priorities are a bit out of whack at the moment, but that hardly makes him scum.
I've suggested why I think Pooky is scummy and defended myself against attacks -- it's not like I'm ignoring the mafia aspect of it while I pursue the meta stuff. I just happen to be capable of doing two things at once.

Does no one else agree with my argument against Pooky?

Cam
Looking at Pookys 5 posts is pretty damning. There is nothing of substance and as cam put it, his vote is simply an echo of Tallys vote (which lacked justification as it was).

So I have no problem voting Pooky right now in an effort to get real contribution from him.

vote pooky
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #9) » Wed May 14, 2008 7:03 am

Post by logicticus »

Pretty terrible DG....even though this just brings him back to 4, you are just blindly pushing as Glork mentioned.

EK, were you aware that there were only 3 on him prior to that vote because you seem eager to get a claim out of him and then possibly hammer.

Right now, I dont like either one of you,but since i only have 1 vote...

unvote, vote DGB
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #10) » Fri May 16, 2008 9:05 am

Post by logicticus »

mathcam wrote:
Adel wrote: ah, this makes sense to me now. If the scum are cheating (editing posts, or whatever) then they effectivly lose their NK.
I'm confused. How so?
I was confused too, but I think I figured it out.

Assuming that the nightkill is PMed from the scum (as was hypothesized), then the nightkill knows the identity of at least one scum and could post that in their final post if the scum is cheating in some way.

Although, this logic is a bit flawed because what would stop the scum from editing that post?

In the end it all comes down to a code of honor that we all have from being members on this site for a while which is why its mature mafia.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (isolation #11) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:11 am

Post by logicticus »

Phoebus wrote:Also: We might want to decide how long we let discussion/day go on in general.

Anybody in charge of deadlines?
I'd rather not swim around in endless days...
I mean, why even bring this up. Discussion has not stalled, we have not been in this day for an extreme amount of time.

Its only in the scums benefit to limit discussion by putting in a deadline.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (isolation #12) » Tue May 20, 2008 8:05 am

Post by logicticus »

elvis_knits wrote:Okay maybe I can convince you by appealing to your sense of ethics...

Suppose you are right. Asking you for your allignment term is a form of pm quoting and gives town an unfair advantage.

We have already had scum take an unfair advantage by editing the first two posts and deleting one of macros' posts... and who knows what else. I am assuming scum is doing this. If you are a pro-town role and you did any of it, speak now.

How are we to proceed in a game where scum are cheating?

Answer: cheat the scum. Level the playing field. The price they have to pay for post editing is losing a member of their team through this allignment test.

In a normal game with a normal mod... scum cheating might pay a pentalty of modkill. That is essentially what we would be doing.
Im a little lost here, how does this cheat the scum?

I am assuming from whats gone on this page that you have the original text that z_f posted (would have been a great plan, btw) and if cams didnt match, then he was scum. But I dont get how thats cheating the scum in any way.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #13) » Tue May 20, 2008 8:15 am

Post by logicticus »

I have no problem claiming modpowers.

I dont think it will help us catch scum though.

All it will show is emp is probably just reading this and taking no action as I bet everything a mod would do has been delegated to one of us.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (isolation #14) » Fri May 23, 2008 4:33 am

Post by logicticus »

So EK gets on the cam wagon, then the raj wagon and now wants to start a macros wagon....looking good.

Anyway, my mod claim is that I am the thread locker and unlocker.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (isolation #15) » Wed May 28, 2008 5:31 am

Post by logicticus »

Sorry I have been relaxing in Mexico for a couple days, but I am caught up now.

So, let me get this straight, macros has admitted to changing Z_F's death post correct?

But why did he wait so long to tell us? Many times people have said something along the lines of "If you are protown and editing posts, let us know now." But that was never said. Why Macros?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (isolation #16) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:13 am

Post by logicticus »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:because he was scared shitless that we'd kill his ass for doing something like this.(which is what you all are doing btw)

Thus he kept his silence hoping it would go away.

At this point he's admitting it because he's so bored by the game that he no longer cares about living.

Any of this sound like say um

scumbag behaviour?
Maybe, but he could have spoken up a long time ago when the question was first asked and I dont think he would have been lynched.

But conversely, I dont understand why he would admit it now, except for the boredom he mentioned, which is not a scummy reason at all.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #17) » Thu May 29, 2008 5:21 am

Post by logicticus »

well thats kinda funny.

can i suggest that we get one of the guys without a mod duty to be a vote counter as well....if we have 2 of them this shouldnt happen.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:49 am

Post by logicticus »

Alright, day 2 dawns...

what happened?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:25 am

Post by logicticus »

Glork wrote:Now thinkin' Feebz/DGB.

Logic, what exactly prompted you to cite that D2 began?
after i unlocked the thread i wanted to bump it to the top so i put that day 2 was beginning.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by logicticus »

Axelrod wrote:Here is where I am coming from to start the day: Glork and Coron are probaby scum.

Pooky was suspicious of two people yesterday - Mathcam and Glork. Mathcam is dead and was town. I do not believe the scum would kill Pooky if he was that wrong about both of them.

Vote: Glork
This totally ignores the matchcam kill simply for your case. How do you know the scum group killed pooky and not cam?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:01 am

Post by logicticus »

Current VC

Phoebus: 1
DGB: 1
Glork: 2
Axel: 3

I would love to hear a response from axel regarding his statement.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:11 am

Post by logicticus »

Axelrod wrote:
logicticus wrote:
Axelrod wrote:Here is where I am coming from to start the day: Glork and Coron are probaby scum.

Pooky was suspicious of two people yesterday - Mathcam and Glork. Mathcam is dead and was town. I do not believe the scum would kill Pooky if he was that wrong about both of them.

Vote: Glork
This totally ignores the matchcam kill simply for your case. How do you know the scum group killed pooky and not cam?
I am not "totally ignoring" the Mathcam kill. I do assume that the scum didn't kill him though. You haven't quoted my whole post - in particular, this part:
Axelrod wrote:Generally speaking, scum don't plan like that. They kill the perceived threats, not the people who are horribly off base/under massive suspicion.
Here, Pooky is the one who is "horribly off base" (that is, if Glork is town) and Mathcam is the one who was "under massive suspicion," which he certainly was yesterday.

Do you disagree with that? I do not believe for one second that the scum would have chosen to kill Mathcam last night. Do you honestly think that?
I certainly think its a possibility. Maybe cam said something that upset them or caused them to worry about him, I dont know. But to categorically claim there is no way that cam was killed by the scum is very sloppy.
It's not as if this is a great leap on my part. Note the reactions of both Coron
and
Glork first thing today:
Coron wrote:So, what do people think of 2 deaths? Is there a vig at work? Seeing as people were suspicous of mathcam yesterday it seems like a possibility.
He doesn't seem to think the Mafia would have killed Mathcam, does he?

And Glork:
Glork wrote:Either that or an SK pretending to be a Vig.
Doesn't seem to think it was the work of the Mafia either. States it was either a vigilante kill (which has a certain amount of logic to it) or a SK kill (which is really only possible if you think the hypothetical SK chose not to kill on N0, and then to kill the townie under the most suspicion N1, just so as to be able to attempt to claim vig. (all the time without knowing if there was an
actual
town vig., of course)

Do you find either of them suspicious for making this same "leap" that you are criticizing me for making?

Do you have a theory on what happened last night at all?
I felt you were more suspicious because of the certainty that you decided who the scum kill was. Coron uses the word "possibility" and Glork seems to go along with his word choice.

My theory is there was a scum kill and probably an SK kill. I have played in several games where the SK was kill restricted N0, so this would seem to fall in line with those.
Incidentally, Glork appears to be reversing himself when he subsequently barns your comment with the "winner, winner chicken dinner remark." As though he now agrees it's suspicious to assume that the Mafia killed Pooky and not Cam. Which he did himself. But no, it's not that it's scummy to assume the Mafia killed Pooky, it's scummy to try and draw any kind of conclusions from that, right?

I think that's wrong.
elvis knits wrote:Pooky also seemed highly opposed to accepting that the setup was mountainous. Like maybe he had another power role.

He would be a good NK for that reason too.
As I recall, Pooky was not the only one who indicated he was open to the possibility that the game might not be completely mountainous. If fact I know he wasn't the only one. And some of us judiciously didn't render an opinion on that one way or the other.

Even were that the case, you'd have to be arguing that the scum (if they did not include Glork) would look at Pooky and his voting strongly for both Glork and Mathcam yesterday, and decide that, regardless of his being so far off, that they still wanted him dead more than anyone else (including Glork, incidentally, who was defending Mathcam.) Is that possible? Yes, sure, anything is possible. But that's just not the way they usually work.

I'm going to do up a case thing later. I'll do one for Glork and Coron both. Although the three quick votes on me from other people are certainly less than encouraging here.
Trying to guess why the scum killed someone usually is an exercise in futility. For everytime there is a legitimate reason, there is a random reason. And with this player list, I dont think it will be easy at all to determine exactly why someone was nightkilled.

One person whose play today is less than thrilling me is Adel. She votes for axel after Glorks "Winner, winner chicken dinner" statement. Its like she was needing some outside approval before pulling the trigger. Then she unvotes after Axels post, which was a good post, but its like she feels the momentum of the wagon is dead. I dont like it.

vote adel
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:43 am

Post by logicticus »

coron wrote:And for why I'm voting DGB, it's largely like what you are talking about with glork, it's the 200 little things like the 5 or 10 big things. I honestly feel there are better ways to spend my time than catologuing every single scummy thing DGB has done. If you want me to go through a couple of posts I will, but I'm not really sure what good that will do.
You say there are 5-10 big things, can I get 3 of them?

@ Axel

So do you think Coron and Glork are scumbuddies? You seem sure that Pookys death must mean he was onto something, but at the same time you think Corons activity thus fare is scummy as well.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (isolation #24) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:52 am

Post by logicticus »

I am instructed to open the thread as soon as possible 48 hours after closing it. I kinda forgot though which is why we went almost 72 hours before i opened it.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:08 am

Post by logicticus »

I dont understand why people insist on talking about who is not scummy. All it does is put a big juicy target on their back.

Why dont we talk about who we think is scummy and why.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:53 am

Post by logicticus »

if you want out phoebus, or are going to just be useless, can you find yourself a replacement? it shouldnt be too hard.

cam even said nonny was wanting in
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by logicticus »

jesus, what a lazy ass post....
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (isolation #28) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:06 am

Post by logicticus »

Good stuff, Axel,

I dont really agree with the disqualifications either, but for a different reason.

If the deadliner was scum, could they really take advantage of that? I mean, if they set an unreasonable deadline or one too quickly, we would all be up in arms and would be able to peer pressure it back. Conversely, if the deadliner refused to budge, they would probably get lynched for it, so I just dont see how it can be used for scums benefit.

Same with editing death scenes. Hell, Macros has been doing it and hasnt had any pressure on him about it. True, hes been doing it fairly blatantly, but anyone who claimed that mod power would. Any subtle changes will likely be noticed.

I like where my vote is, but would be happy with a dgb lynch as well.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:49 am

Post by logicticus »

i feel like we need more mass prods
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:36 am

Post by logicticus »

I had been out of town for a while, but am back now and will be more active.

Looking forward to nonny and werebears thoughts on this game.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (isolation #31) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:33 am

Post by logicticus »

Glork has not posted in 2 weeks, I will take the initiative to prod.

If DGB is gonna be the lynch I am down as I have mentioned, but I would still prefer Adel.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (isolation #32) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:09 am

Post by logicticus »

seriously talitha, there was no reason for the vote on me...just a gut feeling

and now you are just jumping on a bandwagon once again with no reasoning.

give us something
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (isolation #33) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:00 am

Post by logicticus »

Werebear, the rent-a-mod thing is a good idea, but I think it kinda spoils the whole theme of the game. I believe that none of us would ever purposefully cheat or lie about our role after being eliminated from the game - that's why players were screened for maturity when they signed up.
My thoughts exactly on the matter.

As for the deadline, we seem to be getting some traction and if some people were replaced (e.g. Coron), it might go faster. But everytime we try to replace him, he will post a one line post to buy himself time it seems.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (isolation #34) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:54 am

Post by logicticus »

Note that mathcam was killed off by the scum, who I named as a third person in my expected scum team, which is a common way to discredit scum team theories.
How do you know which one of the n2 kills was from scum? Thats a terrible slip it appears.

Also, those posts from macros look terrible. Why is he faking the shock of the whodunit regarding the change in the deathscene when he knows he did it?

While I am still happy with the Adel push, this looks absolutely awful and moves nonny ahead on DGB on my preferred death list.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (isolation #35) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:43 am

Post by logicticus »

could have just as easily been an SK.

The point is, it is unlikely that the scum have 2 nightkills, meaning one of the kills was not from the scum. And you state with a lot of certainty that the scumkill was cam and not pooky.

How would you know this without some inside information?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (isolation #36) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:14 am

Post by logicticus »

I was not asking for a claim.

I was pointing out some scummy statements and hoping for a reasonable explanation.

Nonnys extremely loose interpretation of my words (along with other peoples) along with that post detailing macros' stuff is adding up.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (isolation #37) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:25 am

Post by logicticus »

after reading what i missed....my thoughts are the same.

i want to lynch adel or dgb in that order, but i could go with a macros/nonny lynch

i am in favor of some sort of deadline, although we have not discussed how we are handling lynches in deadline situations...do we need half plus 1? do we still need a majority? do we need a plurality?

i would go with half plus 1 only because getting a majority of us to do anything has been a chore
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (isolation #38) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by logicticus »

Sure, here is why i suspect those 3.

Adel:

She has been very opportunistic throughout the game, always wanting to be on the latest wagon, imo. In my post 598, I detailed that a bit. However, even before and since then she jumps around far too much for my liking and very often without any sort of reason for the vote jump.

DGB:

DGB has been pretty worthless lately. Although she was better in D1, since the new day there has been very little good posting from her, although that does not make her guilty by itself. I was never a fan of the push she was making towards cam having him post some part of his role pm (or alignment). Seemed a little like fishing to me. She was pretty focused completely on cam d1 and has now switched her focus on glork. if glork dies (regardless of alignment), she will focus on macros, the third of her trio.

Shes doing a bit of dubya bush on us, no matter the results of the latest days and the debate, she believes what she believes from day 1. No new knowledge can change that.

Macros:

I know he has been replaced, but his replacement has done nothing to warrant suspicion, but the whole editing fiaso cannot be forgotten. Axels 748 sums it up perfectly.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (isolation #39) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:04 am

Post by logicticus »

If we can't lynch Adel, my second choice is nonny. Third choice Talitha.
I like this. If we can get the town to actually participate, can we get top 3 in order. Maybe then a consensus could be more easily reached.

EK: Adel, Nonny, Tally
Logicticus: Adel, DGB, Nonny
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (isolation #40) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:18 am

Post by logicticus »

Alright, 9 days since Corons last post.

I am officially done with him, I will actively look for replacements for him.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (isolation #41) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:18 am

Post by logicticus »

yeah, thats the attempt, but i think its gonna be hard to get somebody to bite on a 34 page day 2
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (isolation #42) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:01 am

Post by logicticus »

I really feel like we are headed to no lynch right now and it pisses me off. We have had forever on this day and cant get anything done. I almost just want to mod kill half the players so the active ones can at least continue on in some semblance of a game.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (isolation #43) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:07 am

Post by logicticus »

well i must say its exciting to get another replacement.

and adel, i never claimed i was the most active person here, sheer volume of posts does not make one active, but i am certainly not the least active
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (isolation #44) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:54 am

Post by logicticus »

i would be right on the line, but would like to think i would not be mod killed. especially if we weight activity of late a little more
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (isolation #45) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:42 am

Post by logicticus »

So here is a summary of who people are willing to lynch, listed in the same order they did:

logicticus: adel, dgb, nonny
EK: Adel, Nonny, Tally
Werebear: those without roles (dgb, adel, glork)
dgb: glork, werebear
axelrod: glork, coron, nonny
tally: nonny, werebear, dgb
nonny: adel, werebear, DGB
adel: nonny, dgb

The current winners are:
DGB: 5
Nonny: 5
Adel: 3
Werebear: 3

It looks like we can get enough behind a dgb lynch, so lets do it:

unvote, vote dgb
Last edited by logicticus on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (isolation #46) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:46 am

Post by logicticus »

terrible counting skills, i edited my post.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (isolation #47) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:16 am

Post by logicticus »

i voted dgb over nonny because dgb was my second highest suspect, but if the tides turn and more people prefer to lynch nonny, i will gladly switch
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (isolation #48) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:45 am

Post by logicticus »

did you mean to do that, because if so, i believe you just hammered yourself
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (isolation #49) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:21 am

Post by logicticus »

nm, i am all wrong.

axel summarized it well, at deadline on weds you would be lynched, but until then you need 2 more
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (isolation #50) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:53 am

Post by logicticus »

I disagree Nonny. Maybe with you its different since you were a replacement, but I have leveled a couple of charges towards DGB with no response and I think there are other players who have also asked questions.

So I would not say that we are just waiting for the deadline to come and have those players by the balls, they have had a chance to defend themselves and instead have not. Thats not our fault.

Glork probably needs to be replaced too, it looks like. The biggest impediment of this game has been the lack of activity and since we dont have a real mod, doing it ourselves has been a time drag...
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (isolation #51) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:31 am

Post by logicticus »

thanks glork.

well will need to readjust everything based on those couple of sentences in the past 2 weeks.

i wont get my hopes up on the analysis though, so dont feel like you need to do it.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (isolation #52) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:40 am

Post by logicticus »

yeah glork has been all over the place since he came back

i guess lurking really was working for him
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (isolation #53) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:34 am

Post by logicticus »

im saying, i feel like axel is getting the best in the exchange between himself and glork.

its making glork look scummy in my eyes, which he wasnt before.

so him lurking was beneficial to him because the spotlight wasnt on him
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (isolation #54) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:34 am

Post by logicticus »

After looking through your suspicions over time, you have changed positions on two players besides dgb, however they were the ones that were replaced.

You thought phoebus was protown, but have indicted werebear could be scum

You thought Macros could be scum, but think nonny is 99% protown.

Now I recognize that they are replacements, but you cant totally disregard the previous players posts.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (isolation #55) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:53 am

Post by logicticus »

I never said it was a bad or unexpected thing. Here is the conversation progression.

I mentioned he has been all over the place.

He accuses me of just mimicking EKs thoughts.

I provide examples of where he has changed his positions on players.

Thats it.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (isolation #56) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:18 am

Post by logicticus »

i implied it was a scummy action, i never said how scummy and its not like i changed my vote to him.

my scum list is still the following:

adel
dgb
nonny

maybe glork is at 4th now, but we will have to see how things shake out
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (isolation #57) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by logicticus »

Alright, I will lock the thread when glork posts his role and then unlock it in 48 hours.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (isolation #58) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by logicticus »

you seem to have unlocked it without me.

sorry about that folks, i was busy killing cops in gta
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (isolation #59) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by logicticus »

it was showing unlocked to me last time i posted.

are you guys still seeing it locked?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (isolation #60) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:09 am

Post by logicticus »

in my role pm it says 48 hours.

emptyger has never contacted me beyond that first pm
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (isolation #61) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:12 am

Post by logicticus »

Axelrod wrote:I knew they were going to kill Elvis. Because why should anything in this game easy, right?

I think pretty much regardless of what happens with Werebear we are looking at 7-8 alive with likely 3 scum. Meaning 4-5 town. Meaning we had best lynch correctly today.

Oh joy.
so you think elvis was the person to kill making scum id most inconclusive?

this seems to indicate that if others were picked you would go after someone....care to elaborate?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (isolation #62) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:36 am

Post by logicticus »

yeah, could have been a one shot vig

also, werebear, can you expand on thoughts of night kill a bit more?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (isolation #63) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:24 am

Post by logicticus »

So we have 8 people left taking 5 to lynch. I am not sure if this is Lynch or Lose, but its certainly extremely close, so be careful with your votes.

I am still inclined to vote for Adel for reasons from yesterday, but I could use a reread to really refresh my memory.

I dont think the no mod powers really has any correlation to being pro-scum/pro-town, because I think that could have the potential to confirm people as scum or town and the designer of this game (certainly not the mod as we have discovered) would want to avoid that.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (isolation #64) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:03 am

Post by logicticus »

nonny wrote: Logic: you were suspicous of that yesterday because you were worried we were going to get a lynch. You changed your vote too, I'm not the only one.
FOS Logic
you say it's scummy for me to change vote two days from deadline, you changed a few hours from deadline, and it seemed like you just wanted a lynch not really caring who.
Come on Nonny, do your research.

I did not change my vote a couple of hours before deadline, I changed it right before you changed yours.

A bunch of us changed it all with the same thinking: If I cant lynch my number one target, I am willing to lynch one of my top targets.

I was worried about a no lynch because I am of the opinion a no lynch can only benefit the scum because its the only opportunity (excepting cross kills or a vig) that the town has a chance to kill someone.

And even in the case of cross kills or a vig, those are determine by either one person or a smaller group than the consensus of a town can come to.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (isolation #65) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by logicticus »

seriously nonny, are you even trying?

i never voted for glork....please go reread this time before you reply.

obviously i couldnt get a lynch on my number one so i switched to my number 2 (dgb) where there was a better chance of it happening.

and of course i wanted a lynch, its far better for the town to lynch than no lynch
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (isolation #66) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:47 am

Post by logicticus »

well it looks very lazy to not go back and check twice when you had the opportunity

my top 2 are
adel
nonny

im not sure which one i favor more right now
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (isolation #67) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:09 am

Post by logicticus »

tally wrote:Nonny: Did you notice that it was already after deadline when you switched to voting logicticus? I thought that was kinda suss because I saw that you were lurking around the forum in the time leading up to deadline.
I did not notice this and I dont know if its suspicious, but lurking around the site around the deadline can definitely be.

I would throw my support behind a nonny lynch. Between her bizarre actions and macros super bizarre actions I see a winner.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (isolation #68) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:59 am

Post by logicticus »

Is there any case against werebear? Did I miss someones post explaining this?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (isolation #69) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:06 am

Post by logicticus »

Tally also wanted to jump on him too
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (isolation #70) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:29 am

Post by logicticus »

oh, could have been. will need clarification tally.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (isolation #71) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:27 am

Post by logicticus »

Nonny also listed werebear as one of her top 3 when that was requested ever so long ago. You still feel that way Nonny?

BTW - Will have no access from later today until monday.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (isolation #72) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:58 am

Post by logicticus »

We are almost certainly in a Lynch or Lose Situation.

I cant imagine the setup was 12/2.

The adel/tally exchange on the last page was pretty interesting imo. Both of them looked pretty genuine in it, although I do wonder if adel really expected to get a scumtell out of it.

Adel, did you have a certain expectation of a kind of scumtell you would get, or were you just hoping for the best?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (isolation #73) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by logicticus »

nonny wrote:Logic and tally are both severly lacking participation during the cam wagon but are voitng on it..
I was never on the cam wagon as this implies.
Wonder if he still feels this way? Would actually be nice?
Could be nice to have glork has mod, but i am against it only because the game was designed with us modding ourselves and I dont want to ruin that. But if a majority wants it (not that i believe for one second we should actually debate this, lets please stick with the game) I will go along.
nonny wrote:
logic (#817) wrote: Adel:

She has been very opportunistic throughout the game, always wanting to be on the latest wagon, imo. In my post 598, I detailed that a bit. However, even before and since then she jumps around far too much for my liking and very often without any sort of reason for the vote jump.
Do you still feel this way logic? I agree with this post and made a similiar one before you made this one.
absolutely. adel, along with you are in my top 2. DGB has dropped a bit, but thats probably from lurking more than anything.

THose are all the questions directly asked to me. Great analysis, I know what a chore it is to go through all these pages (and at work on top of it all)
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (isolation #74) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:05 am

Post by logicticus »

Adel wrote:
Talitha wrote:Adel, if those are your impressions of armlx, then what are your impressions of logicticus?

*seconds request for vote count*
Another winner in the "let's contribute as little as possible" contest.
Maybe if we end this contest people will post more. just kidding.

Its hard to motivate myself to get into this game, but I know thats a terrible excuse. I will make my best effort to pay more attention to whats going on here more often.

I would be happy to answer questions as I work best when prompted.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (isolation #75) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:07 am

Post by logicticus »

Talitha wrote:So logic, since you suggested people question you, a couple questions for ya..

Who do you think is going to win this game... town or scum?

Why aren't you voting for anyone?

When will you vote?

Can you please give your snap judgement on the following people... more likely town or more likely scum? (Feel free to elaborate if you wish)
- Axelrod
- Werebear
- DGB
- nonny
- armlx
- Talitha
If we are in Lylo as suspected and with the general apathy of the town (myself perhaps the most guilty), I see it difficult for the town to pull this one off since it would require 3 successive lynches or a combination of lynches and successful vig shots if we even have that.

Im not voting because I was concerned early on about the scum possibly piling onto a mini wagon within a short timeframe and ending the game.

Since, we as a town dont seem to be too concerned about this possibility, I will vote soon.

I generally dont like classify who I view as the most town because that just puts a target on their back. But I will say that I feel the most likely to be scum are:

Adel, Nonny and DGB

Now granted, those suspicions are from the previous day really, so I will pledge to do a reread of the current day to see if any of this has changed. I will complete this within 24 hours.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (isolation #76) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:45 am

Post by logicticus »

Talitha wrote:
I generally dont like classify who I view as the most town because that just puts a target on their back.
Why would that be a factor if we're "in Lylo as suspected"? I believe that you don't want to label people as town, because it limits who you'll be able to vote for without attracting suspicion today. I think you're sitting waiting for a nice juicy townie-wagon to appear.
because maybe we arent actually in lylo.

maybe the scum will need to make a nightkill tonight and look at the thread and see who most people think is the most protown.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (isolation #77) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:56 am

Post by logicticus »

Current Day:

Day opens with people checking to see who was dead.

Werebear decides the idea that people without powers are scum is not so good after all.

Axelrod knew the scum would kill ek because thats who he thought was most protown

In 999 Nonny asks why people are insisting that non mod powers = scum. However, so far in the day, werebear decided against it not for it and nobody else has brought it up. whats the deal?

armlx declares he would lynch one of three people. but decides to vote nonny

adel chimes in and decides at least one of the non mod powers must be scum (i think its fairly obvious the powers were randomly distributed to all) and then wonders about how many scum there are

nonny and i get into it briefly as she mis recalls what i did twice

axel talks about eliminating those without mod powers. I am so sick of this conversation

dgb proclaims she will vote adel until the end of the day

werebear agrees with adel that there might only be 2 scum

adel goes back to thinking there are 3 scum

dgb slightly moves off her assertation that adel must be scum and suggests a werebear lynch

tally says she is down with a werebear lynch

adel and tally have an exchange where adel proclaims she didnt get what she wanted out of it and goes back to voting nonny

nonny does her big post where a couple of people (werebear, tally) do not agree with a large portion of it

adel says she is down with a nonny lynch and gets called out by nonny for being on the non powers = scum wagon.

thats as far as i have gotten.

this is such a disjointed game, i cant believe it. it just a lot of people arguing back and forth over pointless issues.

after rereading up to where i got (page 47), I would say nonny is my #1 target. Its hard to get a read on anyone with what has been going on and maybe nonny is suffereing from being the most active and having the most attacks on her, but thats how i feel.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (isolation #78) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:39 am

Post by logicticus »

armlx wrote:
Why would that be a factor if we're "in Lylo as suspected"? I believe that you don't want to label people as town, because it limits who you'll be able to vote for without attracting suspicion today.
I have a response to this after Logic does.
did we ever get this?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (isolation #79) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:39 am

Post by logicticus »

I find it interesting that there has been a lot of heat on nonny lately and yet she has nobody voting for her, does this mean people truly dont believe she is scum?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (isolation #80) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:54 am

Post by logicticus »

Talitha wrote:
It seems so obvious to me that if she were town then scum would be on her wagon with me, but here I am, all alone, sitting in a wagon built for 5.
Those were my
exact
thoughts about logic.
Couldnt this logic be applied to anyone of the 5 or so people sticking at 1 vote forever?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (isolation #81) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:18 am

Post by logicticus »

I will put nonny at L-2

I know this probably shakes up the werebear wagon that is revving up, but I would much prefer to lynch nonny over werebear

vote nonny
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (isolation #82) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:08 am

Post by logicticus »

Im alive.

Somebody else has been opening and closing the thread this last night, and I appreciate it because it was pretty late at night where I am at this last cycle.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (isolation #83) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:40 am

Post by logicticus »

so 5 left?

then i shall declare victory on behalf of the mafia and we can discuss this interesting setup.

i will let my scumbuddies reveal themselves
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (isolation #84) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:36 am

Post by logicticus »

The ability to edit ones posts was an interesting concept and while it was discussed in the beginning and people claimed they had their posts editted, the scum decided from the beginning not to take advantage of this, so if there were edits they were not from us.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (isolation #85) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:13 am

Post by logicticus »

Seems like the biggest area of concern would be the scum and vig. targeting each other in the Night. What happens if the scum PM me to tell me I am dead before I have decided who to shoot at? What do I do then? Come back with "oh yeah, well, you're dead too, ha ha ha." I think not.
This to me was also the biggest issue that the game could have had. If you killed me and we already sent in our kill, then I could have told my buddies who the vig was. However, since this was a "mature" game I think this would not have happened, but it would have been an interesting dilemma nonetheless.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”