Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:19 am

Post by Coron »

Vote: DGB

Vote count:

Raj(Elvis_knits) -1
DGB(Coron) -1

You guys probably won't get another votecount for a while, unfortunately I'm out of town for a while(I'm not really certain how long, 2 or 3 days probably).
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #56 (isolation #1) » Thu May 08, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Coron »

No one should edit other people's posts, and any edits of one's own posts would be for things like if I miscounted votes. Major content revisions are anti-town.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #100 (isolation #2) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:26 am

Post by Coron »

Vote count:

mathcam(macros, phoebus, Talitha, pooky)-4
Raj(Elvis_knits, axelrod, glork) -3
DGB(Coron, raj) -2
logicticus(DGB)-1
Talitha(adel)-1
Pooky(mathcam)-1
Coron()
elvis_knits()
Phoebus()
Axelrod()

Ah, this reminds me of why I don't mod many games.

just so you know I don't really have any special insight into how voting works, I'm just running it the way I want pretty much because I'm that awesome.

Glork, I don't really think prodding the mechanics is the way to go here, I don't think we'll get too much out of it, instead I suggest scum hunting, unfortunately I spent some ungodly amount of class time on that vote count already, so I guess I might get there around lunchtime.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #128 (isolation #3) » Wed May 14, 2008 5:09 am

Post by Coron »

I'm gonna go with under.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #254 (isolation #4) » Sun May 18, 2008 7:15 am

Post by Coron »

Hi guys, I have been/am busy this weekend with the whole finishing up high school and partying with my friends stuff, so I'll have plenty of time to vote count and stuff this week.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #301 (isolation #5) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Coron »

Glork wrote:Protown:
EK, Cam, Adel, Phoebus, Glork, probably Axel

Scum:
Raj

So our other two scums are among:
DGB, Macros, Pooky, Coron, Logic, Tally

Good deal. I think we've had a very productive first day. Can we proceed with lynching RAJ now?
First off let's get this straight, I'm protown. As much as I'm all for letting people know who you think is town and scum, I think it is poor play(after all once you have made a decision on something, even if for poor, or no reason, you have a tendency to think that what you decided was right) and also a minor scum tell to list off a bunch of people as simply "protown" on day 1 with hardly any info at all.

minor FOS: Glork
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #371 (isolation #6) » Tue May 20, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Coron »

Forum Rules and Guidelines wrote:You should not make any post, or start any thread,
with the intention
of abusing, ridiculing, insulting, offending, or upsetting any other user on this site.
Within a game, criticism of another player's play is acceptable
- making it personal is not, and may result in action by the moderator of that game. Outside a game, determination of the intention of the poster will be made by mith, or someone appointed by mith.
I'm all for honesty at all times, so if I see you as acting like a scumbag, I will say it, note, that I rarely do anything to ridicule, insult, offend, or upset anyone.

If adel was intending those things, I will honestly say that Adel was at least as much of a scumbag, and if not, honestly Adel didn't do anything wrong.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you didn't "claim protown"

you wrote :

"There's no doubt that I will claim pro-town as my alignment"

That's a huge difference.
...the two things only differ in wording.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
mathcam wrote:
Claim:
I'm the replacer.
That says NOTHING about your alignment.
he never said it did?
DrippingGoofball wrote:In other news, Adel's case against Elvis is rubbish, in the same way that Glork's case against Raj is rubbish.
Both are better than most of the things I've seen against Mathcam.
elvis_knits wrote:Every one of Adel's interpretations of my post are based on an assumption that I am scum.

You can't assume someone is scum and then read their posts that way. You have to read their posts first and come to the conclusion that they are scum.
Let's say that you'll do something 99% of the time as scum and 60% of the time as town. This is still a tell, so if it is something you'd be VERY likely to do as scum and only somewhat likely to do as town, it can be a tell.
elvis_knits wrote:FWIW, I would never insult someone as a means of applying psychological pressure. I think it makes the game less fun, and I would never want to do that to anyone.
Mafia is a psychological game, if not controlling your psychology and analysing everyone else's what is it about? Applying pressure(through voting, FoSing, or any way) is the only way to get results.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #381 (isolation #7) » Tue May 20, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Coron »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:No those 2 statements are not the same except for tense.

one explicitly mentions alignment, the other does not.
How can a claim of "protown" be anything other than an alignment claim? I don't understand.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #478 (isolation #8) » Mon May 26, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by Coron »

Hi.

What do you want?
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #544 (isolation #9) » Wed May 28, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by Coron »

mathcam wrote:Given his last post and the lack of vote counts, I'm tempted to replace Coron. Any objections?

Cam
If you want to trade mod duties I'd be perfectly willing to switch.

I'm sorry guys, this week/weekend has been rather busy for me, it seems rather rude to just up and replace someone that's still around.

Also, I have not played much with Macros, but from what I know of macros it seems like this would be something he'd do, so I see no reason to condemn him.

DGB still seems like a perfectly fine vote, although it was random at the time, sometimes you random correctly.

Finally, I'll try to get you guys a vote count ASAP, I'll edit it into this post when I get there.

By my count, lynch at...
Post 419:
mathcam - 3 ( DGB, raj, pooky)
raj - 7 (Axelrod, Glork, mathcam, elvis, talitha, macros, pheobus)
DGB - 3 (Coron, logicitus, Adel)
Glork - 0 ()

Not Voting:

Current votes look like...
mathcam - 1 (pooky)
raj - 5 (elvis, talitha, pheobus, glork, mathcam)
DGB - 2 (Coron, logicitus)
Glork - 0 ()
Pheobus - 0 ()
Elvis_knits - 1 (Adel)
Adel - 1 (Macros)
Macros - 3 (Axelrod, dgb, raj)

Not Voting:

Post edited to avoid quadruple post.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #546 (isolation #10) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by Coron »

With 13 alive it should be 7.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #559 (isolation #11) » Thu May 29, 2008 7:48 am

Post by Coron »

Phoebus wrote:I know!
That's so unfair...

and I vote Coron remain vote counter...it's more fun this way! :D
If you like 1 vote count per month you should have played in more of my games :P
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #574 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:41 am

Post by Coron »

So, what do people think of 2 deaths? Is there a vig at work? Seeing as people were suspicous of mathcam yesterday it seems like a possibility.

also,
Vote: DGB
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #580 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Coron »

Glork wrote:Hahahahahahaha.

Axel's using nightkill choices to define his suspicions.
It's not a null tell, but still, this is a game full of experienced mature players, I don't think that nightkill choices are a very strong tell here.
Axelrod wrote: And his "also: vote DGB" just now is classic scum voting.
Um? Just picking up where I left off yesterday.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #583 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Coron »

Axelrod wrote:
Coron wrote:
Axelrod wrote: And his "also: vote DGB" just now is classic scum voting.
Um? Just picking up where I left off yesterday.
Right. Did I mention what an incredibly weak vote that was?
You have not provided me with better reasons than my reasons for voting for DGB for anyone, ever, otherwise I would totally vote them.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #613 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by Coron »

Axelrod wrote: 1st post announces he'll be away for the next few days.
why even comment on this? Just to make your arguement look bigger and more convincing or what? :eyebrows: Unless you're impliying that I'm making up reasons to be gone for a couple days because I'm scum, this comment seems entirely worthless.
Axelrod wrote:2nd post to say something rather obvious (no one should edit other people's posts)
at the time that's what people were talking about, so I commented on it.
Axelrod wrote:3rd post to say that "prodding" the mechanics probably won't work in this game and we should just try scum-hunting (which he personally doesn't have time to do at the moment).
Stand by the fact that this is a useful comment, even if it's not really scum hunting.
Axelrod wrote:4th post to say less than 1.5 scum on the Mathcam wagon (in answer to a question of Glork's, with no further elaboration)
just my feel for it from the way the bandwagon formed. This was a good post.
Axelrod wrote:5th post to say he's been busy but will have more time later.
see my comment about your comment about my first post...
Axelrod wrote:6th post to say he's protown and to criticize Glork for making a list of people he thinks are town/scum on Day 1 with hardly any info.
Scum hunting, this is also a good posts.
Axelrod wrote:7th post is primarily a defense of Mathcam (and his first that I would say counts as an actual contribution to the game), but it's a defense by way of criticizing the attacks being made against Cam, as opposed to asserting that he thinks Cam has been acting in a townie kind of way.
This was also a good post.
Axelrod wrote:8th post is to say he thinks Cam's claim of "protown" is equivilent to an alignment claim.
I still think pooky was being rediculous there.
Axelrod wrote:9th post in response to Pooky's prod. He hasn't posted in 6 game days, and say "Hi."
Yeah, kinda lame I'll admit.
Axelrod wrote:10th post is where he finally does another vote-count and we realize that Raj. was lynched like a week ago. He gives 1 liner comments on 2 people - Macros (don't know much about him, but this seems like something he would do so no reason to condemn him) and DGB (seems like a fine vote).
Yeah, your point?
Axelrod wrote:Day 2 starts with his speculation that maybe a vig. killed Cam (which is what I'd expect a scum to think, if not necessarily to come right out and say it).
Hey, instead of a bunch of things that are just random comments this time he actually stated that something I did was scummy!
Axelrod wrote:Votes DGB for the same reasons as yesterday - which were never stated. The entirety of his prior comments about DGB were what he said in his last post of the day (seems like a fine vote). In fact, he admits his initial vote on DGB was random, and just says that sometimes you random correctly.
Just because my initial vote was random doesn't mean my vote now is random
FoS: Axelrod
that really seems like something you'd have to intentionally misinterpret.
Axelrod wrote:How about voting yourself for general scumminess and uselessness?
I don't make a habit of voting people who are confirmed town.
Axelrod wrote:
Glork wrote:I'm still miffed that Axel tried to use the "Pooky wouldn't have been killed if he were wrong about both Glork and Cam" bit. That's a complete joke.
Oh, it's not the only thing.

But humor me and why don't
you
speculate on why the scum killed Pooky.
So that we'd lynch glork today?

And for why I'm voting DGB, it's largely like what you are talking about with glork, it's the 200 little things like the 5 or 10 big things. I honestly feel there are better ways to spend my time than catologuing every single scummy thing DGB has done. If you want me to go through a couple of posts I will, but I'm not really sure what good that will do.
edited in to avoid double post:
Axelrod wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:Axel, you know Coron never helps, right?
No. Is that something like "Macros is terrible."

If we've got a bunch of people in this game who can't be challenged for scummy play because they just suck, then we have already lost.
I'm with you there, we shouldn't just let people slide by being completely useless just because they're always like that.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #620 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Coron »

logicticus wrote:
coron wrote:And for why I'm voting DGB, it's largely like what you are talking about with glork, it's the 200 little things like the 5 or 10 big things. I honestly feel there are better ways to spend my time than catologuing every single scummy thing DGB has done. If you want me to go through a couple of posts I will, but I'm not really sure what good that will do.
You say there are 5-10 big things, can I get 3 of them?

@ Axel

So do you think Coron and Glork are scumbuddies? You seem sure that Pookys death must mean he was onto something, but at the same time you think Corons activity thus fare is scummy as well.
oh, I see, I seem to have posted the wrong word in there. It should read "And for why I'm voting DGB, it's largely like what you are talking about with glork, it's the 200 little things
instead of
the 5 or 10 big things."

Sorry for the confusion.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #621 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Coron »

Glork wrote:Protown:
EK, Cam(town), Adel, Phoebus, Glork, probably Axel

Scum:
Raj

So our other two scums are among:
DGB, Macros, Pooky(town), Coron, Logic, Tally
Other than moving pooky into the definate town group, any changes here?
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #624 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Coron »

Glork wrote:Axel's lower on my list, naturally. Phoebus' claim is iffy.
Lower as in more or less scummy?
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #628 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:15 pm

Post by Coron »

I'm out of town for the next 3 days, access is a maybe.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #697 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Coron »

Adel wrote:I just replaced Coron in one of my games for inactivity.
Wha? Which game were you running?
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #704 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by Coron »

Adel wrote:
Coron wrote:
Adel wrote:I just replaced Coron in one of my games for inactivity.
Wha? Which game were you running?
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8206
I had to prod you twice, and then I replaced you instead of prodding you a third time, in accordance the stated replacement policy (rule 12)
I need to remember to check the large normal forum when I have games going on there :doh:

My bad.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #708 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Coron »

elvis_knits wrote:I'm getting to the point where I am ready to lynch anyone to get this game moving again.

Replacements giving perspectives could help jumpstart the game.

And yeah we might want to replace Coron.
We might want to replace elvis for being silly.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #764 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Coron »

Axelrod wrote:In addition to trying to remember why I thought Adel was town, I'm trying to remember why Macros (now Nonny) was not lynched dead for lying and/or hypocrisy based on these posts:

Post #11:
holy crap, what in the hell is ging on, it said something like "I am vanilla townie I quit"
Emptyger, what is going on?
Post #25:
what, im sorry but i may have missed something along the way.
how hav e we discovered dgb editing? (if we have i'll vote him for it the scumbag)
I'm waiting talithas first post, let aloone vote
I mean, seriously, how does someone who (A) is responsible for the edit he is exclaiming "Holy Crap" about and (B) calls a player suspected of editing a "scumbag" when they actually did it themselves, live?

Is it really just because he's supposed to be terrible? I mean, that's worse than terrible, that's downright lying deceit. And it's NOT what Macros later said:
@ Tall, I assumed iot was to give the game flavour, hence my excitement when the game started, I assumed (obviously quite wrongly) this was an oppourtunity for me to delight the masses with witty death scenes, my early foray to test the waters showed clearly everyone was not clued in to the idea (that I thought was immeadiately obvious) that despite the mature title, this game would be a delightful trip down a twisted nostalgia lane, chock full of old jokes, and random bullshit. But no, I was filled with disgust at the serious tone in pretty much everyones post, I was then forced to play dumb for fear of a pogrom on my fine self for editing the post (which is my job).
He was exclaiming "Holy Crap" before almost anyone else had said one word about the death post edit. He called the (hypothetical) editor a "scumbag" before people started complaining that the editor was "cheating" - not to mention the fact that the death edit contained precisely none of the wittiness than he claimed it was his intention to insert.

Could he really be just
that
bad?
I actually don't find that much of this scummy, he is from a time in mafiascum's history where you tried to hide what role you had you know. I mean, otherwise people can just pick off the power roles. He probably didn't want people to suspect he was not a power role because he had mod powers, or some such.

Adel's slip I find much worse, I am seriously considering a vote here.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #765 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Coron »

Coron-still-sucks-at-helpfulness Vote Count

Adel - 4 (EK, logic, nonny, talitha)
Glork - 2 (DGB, AXEL)
DGB - 1 (Coron)
Logic - 0 ()
Nonny - 1 (Adel)

10 alive, 6 to lynch.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #851 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by Coron »

Bah, I guess I'm being replaced, well that's reasonable really, I'm sorry I couldn't devote the time to this game it needed. I will send my role along to Armlx.

Sorry guys.

-Coron.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”