Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Glork »

Either that or an SK pretending to be a Vig.

Regardless, our job right now is to find scums. DGB is a very good place to start.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:06 am

Post by Axelrod »

Here is where I am coming from to start the day: Glork and Coron are probaby scum.

Pooky was suspicious of two people yesterday - Mathcam and Glork. Mathcam is dead and was town. I do not believe the scum would kill Pooky if he was that wrong about both of them. I mean why? In the hope that someone like me would come out today and make this exact point? Generally speaking, scum don't plan like that. They kill the perceived threats, not the people who are horribly off base/under massive suspicion.

Coron has been the worst contributer by a fair margin in the game. And his "also: vote DGB" just now is classic scum voting.

I also note that Glork has come out quickly against DGB this morning as well (this is not to say DGB is therefore clear - some kind of bussing plan is a possibility - but that seems less likely when no scum are down yet).

Feeling it more on Glork than Coron. I
really
didn't like the "Die scum Die" post at the end of the day yesterday. Can we say Over the Top?

Vote: Glork
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Glork »

Hahahahahahaha.

Axel's using nightkill choices to define his suspicions.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:14 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

vote: Glork
- Axel is right.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Axelrod »

Glork wrote:Hahahahahahaha.

Unless they flipped a coin, presumably there was a reason. Plus, you just haven't been your usual Glorky self.

I imagine I can work up a more compelling case later. I don't have the time or energy to do so now though.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Coron »

Glork wrote:Hahahahahahaha.

It's not a null tell, but still, this is a game full of experienced mature players, I don't think that nightkill choices are a very strong tell here.
Axelrod wrote: And his "also: vote DGB" just now is classic scum voting.
Um? Just picking up where I left off yesterday.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:25 am

Post by logicticus »

Glork wrote:Now thinkin' Feebz/DGB.

Logic, what exactly prompted you to cite that D2 began?
after i unlocked the thread i wanted to bump it to the top so i put that day 2 was beginning.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Axelrod »

Coron wrote:
Right. Did I mention what an incredibly weak vote that was?
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Coron »

Axelrod wrote:
Coron wrote:
Right. Did I mention what an incredibly weak vote that was?
You have not provided me with better reasons than my reasons for voting for DGB for anyone, ever, otherwise I would totally vote them.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by logicticus »

Axelrod wrote:Here is where I am coming from to start the day: Glork and Coron are probaby scum.

Pooky was suspicious of two people yesterday - Mathcam and Glork. Mathcam is dead and was town. I do not believe the scum would kill Pooky if he was that wrong about both of them.

This totally ignores the matchcam kill simply for your case. How do you know the scum group killed pooky and not cam?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by Glork »

logicticus wrote:
Axelrod wrote:Here is where I am coming from to start the day: Glork and Coron are probaby scum.

Pooky was suspicious of two people yesterday - Mathcam and Glork. Mathcam is dead and was town. I do not believe the scum would kill Pooky if he was that wrong about both of them.

This totally ignores the matchcam kill simply for your case. How do you know the scum group killed pooky and not cam?
Winner winner chicken dinner.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by Adel »

Glork wrote:
logicticus wrote:

Winner winner chicken dinner.
vote: Axelrod
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by Macros »

going to go with this one
vote axelrod

but dgb is right behind him based on the me/cam/glork "supergroup" she was touting yestern
Oh the huge manatee!!
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Aah! Poor Cameron...I see why he was in a pretty kettle of fish now...

My vote, a tribute to him... ;)
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:00 pm

Post by Talitha »

Pooky & Cam's death posts are a lot shorter than they used to be.
That your work, Macros?

vote: Axelrod
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:01 am

Post by Macros »

pookys had to curtailed after his crowing about his writing ability.
cams was an unfortunate casualty
Oh the huge manatee!!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:31 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Pooky was suspicious of two people yesterday - Mathcam and Glork. Mathcam is dead and was town. I do not believe the scum would kill Pooky if he was that wrong about both of them. I mean why? In the hope that someone like me would come out today and make this exact point? Generally speaking, scum don't plan like that. They kill the perceived threats, not the people who are horribly off base/under massive suspicion.

Coron has been the worst contributer by a fair margin in the game. And his "also: vote DGB" just now is classic scum voting.

I also note that Glork has come out quickly against DGB this morning as well (this is not to say DGB is therefore clear - some kind of bussing plan is a possibility - but that seems less likely when no scum are down yet).

Feeling it more on Glork than Coron. I
really
didn't like the "Die scum Die" post at the end of the day yesterday. Can we say Over the Top?

Pooky also seemed highly opposed to accepting that the setup was mountainous. Like maybe he had another power role.

He would be a good NK for that reason too.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Macros wrote:pookys had to curtailed after his crowing about his writing ability.
cams was an unfortunate casualty
The death scenes were much better before.

Where is your witty writing and jokes, buddy?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:48 am

Post by Phoebus »

Eh Mac...you're better than that...aren't you? :?
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Macros »

its an abject lesson for pooky trying to upstage me
he shall enjoy no humour at my expense, nor from my labours.
carry on with the game people
Oh the huge manatee!!
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:01 am

Post by logicticus »

Current VC

Phoebus: 1
DGB: 1
Glork: 2
Axel: 3

I would love to hear a response from axel regarding his statement.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Axelrod »

logicticus wrote:

I am not "totally ignoring" the Mathcam kill. I do assume that the scum didn't kill him though. You haven't quoted my whole post - in particular, this part:
Axelrod wrote:Generally speaking, scum don't plan like that. They kill the perceived threats, not the people who are horribly off base/under massive suspicion.
Here, Pooky is the one who is "horribly off base" (that is, if Glork is town) and Mathcam is the one who was "under massive suspicion," which he certainly was yesterday.

Do you disagree with that? I do not believe for one second that the scum would have chosen to kill Mathcam last night. Do you honestly think that?

It's not as if this is a great leap on my part. Note the reactions of both Coron
and
Glork first thing today:
Coron wrote:So, what do people think of 2 deaths? Is there a vig at work? Seeing as people were suspicous of mathcam yesterday it seems like a possibility.
He doesn't seem to think the Mafia would have killed Mathcam, does he?

And Glork:
Glork wrote:Either that or an SK pretending to be a Vig.
Doesn't seem to think it was the work of the Mafia either. States it was either a vigilante kill (which has a certain amount of logic to it) or a SK kill (which is really only possible if you think the hypothetical SK chose not to kill on N0, and then to kill the townie under the most suspicion N1, just so as to be able to attempt to claim vig. (all the time without knowing if there was an
actual
town vig., of course)

Do you find either of them suspicious for making this same "leap" that you are criticizing me for making?

Do you have a theory on what happened last night at all?

Incidentally, Glork appears to be reversing himself when he subsequently barns your comment with the "winner, winner chicken dinner remark." As though he now agrees it's suspicious to assume that the Mafia killed Pooky and not Cam. Which he did himself. But no, it's not that it's scummy to assume the Mafia killed Pooky, it's scummy to try and draw any kind of conclusions from that, right?

I think that's wrong.
elvis knits wrote:Pooky also seemed highly opposed to accepting that the setup was mountainous. Like maybe he had another power role.

As I recall, Pooky was not the only one who indicated he was open to the possibility that the game might not be completely mountainous. If fact I know he wasn't the only one. And some of us judiciously didn't render an opinion on that one way or the other.

Even were that the case, you'd have to be arguing that the scum (if they did not include Glork) would look at Pooky and his voting strongly for both Glork and Mathcam yesterday, and decide that, regardless of his being so far off, that they still wanted him dead more than anyone else (including Glork, incidentally, who was defending Mathcam.) Is that possible? Yes, sure, anything is possible. But that's just not the way they usually work.

I'm going to do up a case thing later. I'll do one for Glork and Coron both. Although the three quick votes on me from other people are certainly less than encouraging here.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Adel »

good posting.
unvote
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:11 am

Post by logicticus »

Axelrod wrote:
logicticus wrote:

I am not "totally ignoring" the Mathcam kill. I do assume that the scum didn't kill him though. You haven't quoted my whole post - in particular, this part:
Axelrod wrote:Generally speaking, scum don't plan like that. They kill the perceived threats, not the people who are horribly off base/under massive suspicion.
Here, Pooky is the one who is "horribly off base" (that is, if Glork is town) and Mathcam is the one who was "under massive suspicion," which he certainly was yesterday.

Do you disagree with that? I do not believe for one second that the scum would have chosen to kill Mathcam last night. Do you honestly think that?
I certainly think its a possibility. Maybe cam said something that upset them or caused them to worry about him, I dont know. But to categorically claim there is no way that cam was killed by the scum is very sloppy.
It's not as if this is a great leap on my part. Note the reactions of both Coron
and
Glork first thing today:
Coron wrote:So, what do people think of 2 deaths? Is there a vig at work? Seeing as people were suspicous of mathcam yesterday it seems like a possibility.
He doesn't seem to think the Mafia would have killed Mathcam, does he?

And Glork:
Glork wrote:Either that or an SK pretending to be a Vig.
Doesn't seem to think it was the work of the Mafia either. States it was either a vigilante kill (which has a certain amount of logic to it) or a SK kill (which is really only possible if you think the hypothetical SK chose not to kill on N0, and then to kill the townie under the most suspicion N1, just so as to be able to attempt to claim vig. (all the time without knowing if there was an
actual
town vig., of course)

Do you find either of them suspicious for making this same "leap" that you are criticizing me for making?

Do you have a theory on what happened last night at all?
I felt you were more suspicious because of the certainty that you decided who the scum kill was. Coron uses the word "possibility" and Glork seems to go along with his word choice.

My theory is there was a scum kill and probably an SK kill. I have played in several games where the SK was kill restricted N0, so this would seem to fall in line with those.
Incidentally, Glork appears to be reversing himself when he subsequently barns your comment with the "winner, winner chicken dinner remark." As though he now agrees it's suspicious to assume that the Mafia killed Pooky and not Cam. Which he did himself. But no, it's not that it's scummy to assume the Mafia killed Pooky, it's scummy to try and draw any kind of conclusions from that, right?

I think that's wrong.
elvis knits wrote:Pooky also seemed highly opposed to accepting that the setup was mountainous. Like maybe he had another power role.

As I recall, Pooky was not the only one who indicated he was open to the possibility that the game might not be completely mountainous. If fact I know he wasn't the only one. And some of us judiciously didn't render an opinion on that one way or the other.

Even were that the case, you'd have to be arguing that the scum (if they did not include Glork) would look at Pooky and his voting strongly for both Glork and Mathcam yesterday, and decide that, regardless of his being so far off, that they still wanted him dead more than anyone else (including Glork, incidentally, who was defending Mathcam.) Is that possible? Yes, sure, anything is possible. But that's just not the way they usually work.

I'm going to do up a case thing later. I'll do one for Glork and Coron both. Although the three quick votes on me from other people are certainly less than encouraging here.
Trying to guess why the scum killed someone usually is an exercise in futility. For everytime there is a legitimate reason, there is a random reason. And with this player list, I dont think it will be easy at all to determine exactly why someone was nightkilled.

One person whose play today is less than thrilling me is Adel. She votes for axel after Glorks "Winner, winner chicken dinner" statement. Its like she was needing some outside approval before pulling the trigger. Then she unvotes after Axels post, which was a good post, but its like she feels the momentum of the wagon is dead. I dont like it.

vote adel
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:16 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Glork or Adel. These are the players I will vote for today.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”