Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:31 am

Post by Adel »

nonny wrote:I think you just aren't able to get over your grudge on elvis, nor are you able to see an perspective other than your own. If you had the job to edit death posts, would you? It's a matter of doing ones job, for all we know is there a penelaty for not doing your job?
What would the basis of my grudge aganst elvis be? I attacked her out of the blue. We don't have a history from previous games.

I encourage everyone to look at the timing of Macros's mod power claim.
Then take a look at my attack on elvis and Macros. I suspect there is a cause and effect relationship.

Note that mathcam was killed off by the scum, who I named as a third person in my expected scum team, which is a common way to discredit scum team theories.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:41 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Adel wrote: Note that mathcam was killed off by the scum, who I named as a third person in my expected scum team, which is a common way to discredit scum team theories.
O RLY?

I think it would be better for scum to push a lynch of one of the potential scum team. That way if you lynch cam maybe it does make the other two look innocent. Or if you lynch someone who comes up scum then maybe you get to lynch cam the next day.

But whatever. Your whole point is WIFOM.

I also think that it's dumb to call a scum team on D1. It has much more potential for being manipulated by scum than it has of actually helping. I don't see the point.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:54 am

Post by logicticus »

Note that mathcam was killed off by the scum, who I named as a third person in my expected scum team, which is a common way to discredit scum team theories.
How do you know which one of the n2 kills was from scum? Thats a terrible slip it appears.

Also, those posts from macros look terrible. Why is he faking the shock of the whodunit regarding the change in the deathscene when he knows he did it?

While I am still happy with the Adel push, this looks absolutely awful and moves nonny ahead on DGB on my preferred death list.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:27 am

Post by nonny »

Adel I was refering to you grudge over the whole cheating the scum scenerio that elvis brought forth.

The first who dunnit post is something I think any one would do. But the one saying that he would lynch DGB is an odd one. I agree there, I just don't find that a good basis for saying someone is scum if that is all there is.
*insert bad joke here*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:29 am

Post by Adel »

Are you suggesting that matcam was killed off by a vig? That would be the only alternative. Death-doctors wouldn't work in this setup.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:43 am

Post by logicticus »

could have just as easily been an SK.

The point is, it is unlikely that the scum have 2 nightkills, meaning one of the kills was not from the scum. And you state with a lot of certainty that the scumkill was cam and not pooky.

How would you know this without some inside information?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:56 am

Post by nonny »

I agree wih logictcus logic....and want those questions answered as well.
*insert bad joke here*
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Werebear »

Mentally, I was counting mathcam's death as a vig, though one can't rule out SK. I really, REALLY wouldn't think the scum would take out someone as controversial as mathcam, yet, as logicticus said, you're very sure it was a scum kill. Me no likey.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:31 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Adel wrote:Are you suggesting that matcam was killed off by a vig? That would be the only alternative. Death-doctors wouldn't work in this setup.
I think the point is we don't know if it was a vig or sk or mafia. Or something weird. You're assuming it was not a vig. Which hints to you being more informed about NK's that the rest of the town.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Adel »

elvis_knits wrote:
Adel wrote:Are you suggesting that matcam was killed off by a vig? That would be the only alternative. Death-doctors wouldn't work in this setup.
I think the point is we don't know if it was a vig or sk or mafia. Or something weird. You're assuming it was not a vig. Which hints to you being more informed about NK's that the rest of the town.
.. or I simply forgot that Pooky also died last night, and was left wondering why y'all were making such a big deal about it.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by nonny »

If that is the case it sort of shows as being a little narrow minded in hoping that you are right with your orginal guess.

Now that you "remembered" pooky died is your opinion at all altered?
*insert bad joke here*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by Adel »

not really.
nonny wrote:
My mod role is flavorer. I'm supposed to add flavor to the deathposts.

I believe, as I said earlier, Marcos just believed he was doing his job. I know some poeple, even myself, would have done it differently. But he thought he was just acting within his role. And you know he technically was.
I don't know what supposed important information he took out of zu's post, the special "word"

I think the point of the game is to show that maybe there are different styles of modding, and that sometimes poeple get mad at mods over silly things, or over just doing thier job? We've all seen that to be true and some of us have experienced it. Most of us I believe have modded games before?
The stuff that really re-enforces my belief that you are scum is in bold.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by nonny »

Or maybe you are scum and just latched on to the hope there is a special word? Or marcos didn't give i to me, or the word isn't that special but used actually quite frequently?
*insert bad joke here*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Adel »

Try reading day 1 over again. I think you missed some vital information, and it obviously isn't in your role PM.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Coron »

Axelrod wrote:In addition to trying to remember why I thought Adel was town, I'm trying to remember why Macros (now Nonny) was not lynched dead for lying and/or hypocrisy based on these posts:

Post #11:
holy crap, what in the hell is ging on, it said something like "I am vanilla townie I quit"
Emptyger, what is going on?
Post #25:
what, im sorry but i may have missed something along the way.
how hav e we discovered dgb editing? (if we have i'll vote him for it the scumbag)
I'm waiting talithas first post, let aloone vote
I mean, seriously, how does someone who (A) is responsible for the edit he is exclaiming "Holy Crap" about and (B) calls a player suspected of editing a "scumbag" when they actually did it themselves, live?

Is it really just because he's supposed to be terrible? I mean, that's worse than terrible, that's downright lying deceit. And it's NOT what Macros later said:
@ Tall, I assumed iot was to give the game flavour, hence my excitement when the game started, I assumed (obviously quite wrongly) this was an oppourtunity for me to delight the masses with witty death scenes, my early foray to test the waters showed clearly everyone was not clued in to the idea (that I thought was immeadiately obvious) that despite the mature title, this game would be a delightful trip down a twisted nostalgia lane, chock full of old jokes, and random bullshit. But no, I was filled with disgust at the serious tone in pretty much everyones post, I was then forced to play dumb for fear of a pogrom on my fine self for editing the post (which is my job).
He was exclaiming "Holy Crap" before almost anyone else had said one word about the death post edit. He called the (hypothetical) editor a "scumbag" before people started complaining that the editor was "cheating" - not to mention the fact that the death edit contained precisely none of the wittiness than he claimed it was his intention to insert.

Could he really be just
that
bad?
I actually don't find that much of this scummy, he is from a time in mafiascum's history where you tried to hide what role you had you know. I mean, otherwise people can just pick off the power roles. He probably didn't want people to suspect he was not a power role because he had mod powers, or some such.

Adel's slip I find much worse, I am seriously considering a vote here.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Coron »

Coron-still-sucks-at-helpfulness Vote Count

Adel - 4 (EK, logic, nonny, talitha)
Glork - 2 (DGB, AXEL)
DGB - 1 (Coron)
Logic - 0 ()
Nonny - 1 (Adel)

10 alive, 6 to lynch.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by Adel »

well it is only going to take two more votes to lynch me, and frankly I'll almost welcome it.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by nonny »

This is normally the part where people claim, adel
*insert bad joke here*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Adel »

do you want me to use the special word that you do not know?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by nonny »

Up to you, I don't see any special word, nor could i derive what you meant from day one.

I was looking more for if you had a role like vig or something?
*insert bad joke here*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by Adel »

I'm not at lynch -1. Just saying. Kudos to you for the subtle role-fishing though.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by nonny »

No you are at L-2. And role-fishing? Oh you mean like everyone has been doing since your slip up?
*insert bad joke here*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Adel »

lol, no, it has just been you.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by nonny »

logicticus wrote:
How do you know which one of the n2 kills was from scum? Thats a terrible slip it appears.
logicticus wrote:The point is, it is unlikely that the scum have 2 nightkills, meaning one of the kills was not from the scum. And you state with a lot of certainty that the scumkill was cam and not pooky.

How would you know this without some inside information?
elvis_knits wrote: I think the point is we don't know if it was a vig or sk or mafia. Or something weird. You're assuming it was not a vig. Which hints to you being more informed about NK's that the rest of the town.

werebear wrote:Mentally, I was counting mathcam's death as a vig, though one can't rule out SK. I really, REALLY wouldn't think the scum would take out someone as controversial as mathcam, yet, as logicticus said, you're very sure it was a scum kill. Me no likey.
I know that many quotes from the same page is annoying. But I think adel over looked a few things. That is role fishing to me. That is what any town (some scum) would do when some one says that they know for sure a certain player must have been the mafia kill.

I some how do buy that you forgot pooky died. You have been the most hard core about keeping up on this game and seems like you would forget something like that in a game you are so invested in.

Or you had your blinders on.
*insert bad joke here*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by Adel »

I'm sorry, where did those people ask me to claim?
nonny wrote:Up to you, I don't see any special word, nor could i derive what you meant from day one.

I was looking more for if you had a role like vig or something?
That part in bold is the what I was referrring to as an example of "subtle role-fishing". I'm sorry that you missed my dripping sarcasm.

I see no reason to claim.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”