Newbie 888 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 888 - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by pablito »

Newbie 888

The Mafia has infiltrated this part of town. They want to see blood in the streets. At the moment, there are too many townsfolk around so these cretins can't kill anyone out in the open. So for now, they are hiding amongst you and will try to turn the town against itself. Try to lynch the mafia during the day before they find a way to get rid of you. During “day”, all the players will convene to determine who should be lynched at the gallows. Then during “night”, they all disperse and stuff happens. Repeat. Rinse if necessary, but lathering not needed.

Game Status:
Town wins!

Alive Players (4)

boberz
(r. RandomMaster D2 r. Barrette Huron during confirmations)
BrokenBlueprints
(r. Lastsurvivor D3)
almightybob*
(r. walrus helmet D1)
Kyiv^

bold means confirmed

Dead Players (5)

PatriotsDynasty09, Mafia Roleblocker
, lynched D1
Gayle (r. Medix D1), vanilla townie, killed N1
kunkstar7, vanilla townie, lynched D2
MichelSableheart, vanilla townie, N2
Charlie (r. Flareonage D2 r. Magic Trainer D1), lynched D3

*(IC)Inexperience-Challenged Player
^(SE) Semi-Experienced Player
Last edited by pablito on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 23 times in total.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by pablito »

Game Rules (shamelessly stolen from various sources):

The Golden Rule:
  • Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.
Other Rules:
  • Play to win while following the golden rule.
  • Game days will have a set deadline of 3 weeks. Game nights will have a set deadline of 72 hours. Exceptions will be extremely rare but may include massive V/LA or replacements.

• All votes must be in bold.
    Vote: Chad
    . Please
    Unvote
    before casting a new vote, but it is not necessary.
  • Lynches will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. You may
    Vote: No-Lynch
    – a majority of votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a lynch. If a majority is not reached before deadline, no lynch will occur and it will immediately turn to night.
  • Once a player or no-lynch hits a majority, it is Twilight. Please do not post during twilight. I will lock the thread once I can. Once you are dead, you may no longer post.
  • Once I have locked the thread, it is Night. At this point, if your role allows it, you may talk to people via PM/quicktopic. If you do not declare your night-choice prior to deadline, then your night action will be forfeited.

• Do not edit/delete any previous submitted posts. Do not use invisible text or color=black.
  • Do not quote any PMs from me or your role PM. Also, please do not pretend to quote any PMs either.
  • The game is not to be discussed outside of this thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so. This rule lasts for the entirety of the game - whether or not you are dead or alive in the game.

• Please attempt to post at least once per 48 hrs. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment and be considerate.
  • If you do not post within a 72-hr period, I will prod you. If I need to continually prod you or you do not respond to your prod within 48 hrs, I may replace you without further notice.

• I am your mod. Anything I say goes. But I may make mistakes, please inform me if there is one.
    I will post in the colour red
    . Please do not use this colour. PM me if you have any questions or feel free to direct questions in thread by
    bolding
    your question. Your ICs and SEs are also here to help you with
    general
    game questions as well.
  • If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread. And most of all, do NOT PM other players while the game is still in progress. You must continue to honour the rule about not communicating outside of thread.
  • Any rule violations may lead to modkill or replacement when necessary. A modkill will end the day.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by pablito »

The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner,
name
. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner,
name
. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • As a Roleblocker, you have the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
  • Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block. If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether your roleblock worked or not.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Town-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
  • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
  • The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence.
  • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
  • You may not protect yourself.
  • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by pablito »

Please confirm in thread by posting "/confirm". Once all confirms are in, we will begin with Day 1. While we are in the confirmation stage, mafia may talk to each other in private. However, once day begins, they must cease private communication.
Sup, later.
Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Magic Trainer »

/confirm
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by Kyiv »

/Fwee!
TTFN
PatriotsDynasty09
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by PatriotsDynasty09 »

/confirm
Patriots Record 09-10: 10-6

Lost in the First Round of the Playoffs to the Ravens...Next Year for Sure!!!!
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

/confirm
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

/confirmado...!!
Welcome to the Network.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Medix »

/confirmed and ready to roll!
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:07 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

I have read the rules, I have read my role pm, I have no questions, I am ready to play.

/confirm
There is no 'a' in Michel.
walrus helmet
walrus helmet
Goon
walrus helmet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:22 pm

Post by walrus helmet »

/confirm
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Kyiv »

Well, while we're waiting for BH to be confirmed/replaced, let me throw out a question to everyone. How much experience do you have playing Mafia? On this site, and elsewhere? How many other games are you in? Well, I guess that was three questions.

To answer my own question first, I've played 5 games, and am in another one on this site. I haven't played any games elsewhere.
TTFN
PatriotsDynasty09
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:48 am

Post by PatriotsDynasty09 »

On this site I've played 1 F11 setup.
I play on another site where I play more advanced games and on that site I have played 6 games and I am currently playing one.
Patriots Record 09-10: 10-6

Lost in the First Round of the Playoffs to the Ravens...Next Year for Sure!!!!
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:21 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

I have finished one game (walrus_helmet was in that one), and am playing four others besides this one, all on this site.
Welcome to the Network.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:51 am

Post by pablito »

I'll wait another 24 hrs for Barrette Huron to confirm here before I go for the replacement.
Sup, later.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:59 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

I'm currently playing two games. One on this site, and this one. I've been on EM for a while now though. :)
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:00 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Sorry, I mean one on another side and this one.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Earlyriser
Earlyriser
Goon
Earlyriser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Earlyriser »

I've played a similar game called Rabbit Doubt on another website, 2 or 3 games.

Um.. the wiki says that random votes in the beginning are good for drawing out the different playstyles of people and make informed choices later. So I
vote: Earlyriser
*Insert witty signature here*
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:23 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

I tell you right now, don't self-vote. It almost never is good. In fact townie self-voting won me my first scum game :P . And I don't think the game is started yet lol.
Welcome to the Network.
Earlyriser
Earlyriser
Goon
Earlyriser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Earlyriser »

whoops, I voted in the wrong game.

OMG fail.
*Insert witty signature here*
walrus helmet
walrus helmet
Goon
walrus helmet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:45 am

Post by walrus helmet »

I've completed 4 games so far on this site. But I only play in one at a time.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:48 am

Post by pablito »

No worries Earlyriser!
Sup, later.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Medix »

This is my first experience here, but I've watched a mafia game to know the basic rules. I also play a game in another site.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

I'm your IC for this game. I've completed a reasnable number of games, all of which can be found on my Wiki page (accessible through the button WIKI at the bottom of my post). That page is unfortunately slightly outdated, because newbie 873 and mini normal 869 have been completed since I last updated.

Besides playing to have a fun game, I'm also here to help you get accustomed to mafiascum, and to explain things that may be unclear. If during the game questions would arise, feel free to ask them.
There is no 'a' in Michel.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”