Newbie 1082: No Country for Old Mafia - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Newbie 1082: No Country for Old Mafia - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:10 am

Post by Fenchurch »

The mafia are trying to take over your normally peaceful town. Each night, more bodies turn up, and now there are just 9 of you left. Time to move out, you'd think? No, time to fight back - try to work out who the mafia are and lynch them!

Backup Mod: RedCoyote

Playerlist

[L]
cjdrum
Ant_to_the_max (SE)
crazypianist1116

McGriddle (SE)
Misder
Prosaurus
Thor665 (IC)
Zorblag
Romanus

WingDamage9001
zMuffinMan

SE = semi-experienced
IC = "Inexperience-Challenged"

Spoiler: Results
cjdrum,
Townie
, was lynched Day 1
McGriddle,
Townie
, was killed Night 1
Prosaurus,
Townie
, was lynched Day 2
Nobody died Night 2
Ant_to_the_max,
Townie
, was lynched Day 3
WingDamage9001,
Doctor
, was killed Night 3.
Thor665,
Townie
, was killed in endgame.
Misder,
Townie
, was killed in endgame.

[L],
Mafia Goon
, survives and wins the game!
zMuffinMan,
Mafia Goon
, survives and wins the game!
Current deadline: game over.
Last edited by Fenchurch on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Game Rules

(borrowed/adapted from Hoopla and Vel-Rahn Koon)

1. General

2. The game will begin with a Day phase.
  3. Whilst the game is ongoing, you may not talk about it anywhere besides this game thread.
  4. You may not communicate with other players in the game privately. If someone tries to contact you outside of the game, you should report it to the Mod immediately. The exception to this rule is the mafia team, who may talk in their quicktopic at appropriate times.
  5. Do not quote/screenshot any communication you have with me, the moderator of the game. You may paraphrase things I have sent you (such as a role title, abilities and results) but direct quoting is not allowed.
  6. If you have any doubt over anything in the rules, please ask me, either in the thread, or by PM.
  7. Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! I will remove you from the game (possibly without warning) if you get too personal, or break the rules. Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Voting, Lynching & Death

8. For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the format VOTE: Player. Abbreviations of names, or broken formatting may be accepted at my discretion; please try to be clear though.
  9. You may UNVOTE: Player or just
    Unvote
    . It is not necessary to unvote before changing votes.
  10. A lynch will occur when a player achieves over 50% of the votes. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game has entered twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch.
  11. The town may opt to 'no lynch' in lieu of lynching a player on any day. VOTE: No Lynch is the format for this. A no lynch also requires over 50% of the votes.
  12. In the event of a deadline ending without a player gaining a majority of votes, there will be no lynch.
  13. Once you're dead, you are dead. Do not post in the thread until the game is over, not even a 'bah' post.

Activity & Deadlines

14. Each day will have a strict 3-week deadline. Extensions are only given in extreme circumstances.
  15. Nights will have a standard deadline of 72 hours. They may end early if all night actions have been submitted, and the players who have night actions agree to ending early.
  16. If you have a night action and do not send me your choice, you will be subject to a prod and, if necessary, replacement. If you have a night action and do not wish to use it, please PM me to say this.
  17. I may check the activity of all players during the night, and send PMs if I'm not sure. I'd rather not have anyone cleared or condemned due to inactivity.
  18. Prods will be issued if you go 48 hours without posting, or under request from players. Multiple prods will probably lead to your replacement.
  19. Things come up in life. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please let us know so that you don’t get replaced.
  20. Please remember that you made a commitment to participate when you signed up to play. If you cannot fulfill this commitment, please contact the Mod and request a replacement instead of just disappearing!

Miscellaneous

21. Please do not use small/invisible text, stenography or advanced forms of coding/cryptography. Breadcrumbing may be allowed. Please contact me via PM if you're unsure about where the line is.
  22. I will confirm that I have received night actions, but only the cop will be told if they've been roleblocked. Other players with night actions will not be informed whether or not they've been successful.
  23. Any flavour text I write will have no indication of any player's alignment.
  24. I will do my best not to make mistakes, but if I do, please point out and I will correct them if possible.
  25. Do not try to exploit any loopholes there may be in this rule-set. I reserve the right to add, remove or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Set-up and Potential Role PMs

(borrowed/adapted from Vel-Rahn Koon and Mr. Flay)

The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

Mafia:
The Mod wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is simply a
Mafia
Goon
). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night in this quicktopic, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock (your team can do both so long as you live).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
AND
The Mod wrote:You are a
Mafia
Goon
), along with your partner _________ (who is a ). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night in this quicktopic, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill (if your partner also lives, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
OR
(both)
The Mod wrote:You are a
Mafia
Goon
, along with your partner _________ (who is also a
Mafia
Goon
). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remain; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched (if that someone is not your partner or yourself, that will make things much easier). You may talk with your partner at Night in this quicktopic, and send me a choice via PM of who you wish to kill.

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no kills will happen until Night One.

Town:
The Mod wrote:You are the
Town
, and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; and even if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live.

You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person you protect will never die on the night they are protected), unless you are roleblocked. You may not protect yourself.
The Mod wrote:You are the
Town
, and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation target is "Mafia" or "Town". If you are roleblocked you will receive "No Result".

You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues), unless you are roleblocked. You cannot investigate yourself.
The Mod wrote:You are a , and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.
Misder
Misder
Townie
Misder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:30 am

Post by Misder »

/confirm
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:48 am

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Confirming in thread I guess?
cjdrum
cjdrum
Goon
cjdrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:37 am

Post by cjdrum »

/confirming
The
Australian Legendary Trio
is alive and kicking (American butt)!
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:49 am

Post by WingDamage9001 »

Confirming all up in this thread
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:55 am

Post by McGriddle »

/confirming in WingDamages mouth
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Romanus »

/confirm
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
WingDamage9001
WingDamage9001
Townie
WingDamage9001
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by WingDamage9001 »

/Will be voting McGriddle soon enough...
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by -L- »

/confirm
"Kira is childish and he hates losing... I'm also childish and hate losing."

The user formerly known as [L].
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Confirm! 7/9 starts the game, no?
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:53 pm

That's the mod's choice. Regardless, we should wait till the game is officially declared open.
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

'K then.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

confirm
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

And with everyone confirmed, Day 1 begins!

Not Voting: 9 ([L], cjdrum, crazypianist1116, McGriddle, Misder, Prosaurus, Romanus, WingDamage9001, zMuffinMan)

With nine alive, it will take five votes to lynch someone.

Deadline is: Wednesday, 13th April at 8:17 am GMT.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:03 pm

Post by Romanus »

Vote: Misder

First to confirm just has to be scum, right?

note: this is not a serious vote or strategy at all. Strictly RVS (random vote stage)
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
cjdrum
cjdrum
Goon
cjdrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:24 pm

Post by cjdrum »

vote: Prosaurus

For (a)Having a card as an avatar, and (b)Doing a little thing I like to call "Trying to start the damn day already".
The
Australian Legendary Trio
is alive and kicking (American butt)!
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:04 am

Post by -L- »

Vote: WingDamage
, cos his wings had to have gotten damaged from violent activity.

Misder
Misder
Townie
Misder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Misder »

vote: [L]

cause I<3Kira
Misder
Misder
Townie
Misder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Misder »

Oh jeez, dont know how to do anything on this site yet...
Vote: [L]

for "legitimacy" sake, and getting used to how to do stuff.
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:48 am

Post by -L- »

I don't like bad people. Why do you like the evil one?

Misder
Misder
Townie
Misder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Misder »

Kira outsmarted you- therefore Kira is amazing. And I didn't really like any of your successors. :D tbh, light was too crazy.
Misder
Misder
Townie
Misder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:22 am

Post by Misder »

Unvote [L]
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:14 am

Hey everybody!
I'm crazypianist1116, you can call me any shortened variant of that if you prefer. I'm one of your SEs for the game which means I've played a few games before this one. If you want to ask questions about how to play feel free, but they're probably supposed to be directed at the IC Romanus.

For those who have no clue what's going on, we're in the Random Voting Stage. But this vote should get us out of here:

VOTE: Misder
No reason for unvoting.

A few questions to everybody:
1. How much experience playing mafia do you have?
2. Why do you enjoy playing mafia?

My answer to one is in my wiki which should be linked on the left hand side. As for two, I really enjoy the game because it's a great battle of wits and logical deduction when you're town, and when you're mafia, it's a great game of deception :twisted:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”