Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:25 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Not liking Farside22's reason for voting thinktank. Our vote is our most powerful possesion.

vote: Farside22
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:36 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

A mass claim will only result in the death of our one confirmable townie, Mr. Green. Other than that, any role can have any alignment so a mass-claim is stupid.

More after I get some lunch.

Warning now, I will be out of town with no internet access from wednesday until saturday.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:48 am

Post by farside22 »

Greasy Spot wrote:Not liking Farside22's reason for voting thinktank. Our vote is our most powerful possesion.

vote: Farside22
And yet your vote on me sounds hypocritical at best. :roll:
I voted with a reason that state exactly what thinktank admitted to doing. Why do you think that thinktank's action does not warrant a vote?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:40 am

Post by The Jester »

Wow, I looked back at the first page and realized that it's not Humans Vs. Monsters...for some reason I thought that.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

farside22 wrote:Why do you think that thinktank's action does not warrant a vote?
Because I agree with him. I think pressure votes are what this game is all about. People holler the loudest when they are cornered. You don't have someone pulling out a DOC claim on Page1 Day1 (unless they're stupid) unless they are about to be lynched. Yeah my vote was an OMGUS vote right after your vote to prove a point. If we don't vote we will be here forever "talking" about this game or it will be abandoned.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:55 am

Post by farside22 »

Greasy Spot wrote:
farside22 wrote:Why do you think that thinktank's action does not warrant a vote?
Because I agree with him. I think pressure votes are what this game is all about. People holler the loudest when they are cornered. You don't have someone pulling out a DOC claim on Page1 Day1 (unless they're stupid) unless they are about to be lynched. Yeah my vote was an OMGUS vote right after your vote to prove a point. If we don't vote we will be here forever "talking" about this game or it will be abandoned.
I have no issue with pressure votes, but I didn't find his lets start a BW comment unhelpful. I could say lets vote "x" because it good for discussion, but really what discussion will you get from "x" except a lot of WTF comments. I don't see Avi's comments as bad as Jesters. It is an arguement that seemed that both sides got over defensive, but Jester seemed more defensive about what he said then Avi in my mind.
We are not going to talk forever either by the way. We have till the 23rd which is 5 days. Somewhere along the way people actively playing this game who are town will be here to make sure a no lynch doesn't happen. Talk helps find scum. Random votes do not.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:53 am

Post by avinashv »

The Jester wrote:Wow, I looked back at the first page and realized that it's not Humans Vs. Monsters...for some reason I thought that.
That explains your last post a bit :D
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by thinktank »

A lot more subtle information is revealed through illogical moves because it forces players to adapt rather than play the same way in similar situations. There is more unique evidence to analyze and it becomes easier to judge motives unlike just by talking where the conversation tends to follow similar trends and patterns and doesn't amount to much evidence. BTW random votes incite conversation are a necessary part of the game, thats the entire reason why there's a random vote stage at the begin, its there to tug on that tiny thread so more of it unravels.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:50 am

Post by farside22 »

thinktank wrote:A lot more subtle information is revealed through illogical moves because it forces players to adapt rather than play the same way in similar situations. There is more unique evidence to analyze and it becomes easier to judge motives unlike just by talking where the conversation tends to follow similar trends and patterns and doesn't amount to much evidence. BTW random votes incite conversation are a necessary part of the game, thats the entire reason why there's a random vote stage at the begin, its there to tug on that tiny thread so more of it unravels.
with 4 days left don't you think we should be beyond the random vote stage and joke stage into finding actual scum?
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by Justin Playfair »

Jalathas,

A couple of things I didn’t like in your previous answers:

To use a variation on your metaphor, if everyone's pointing fingers, the one guy who doesn't seems to be more rational. Note that I never said his attempt was working, just that he was trying.

Well, this might be true except for the fact that nearly everyone randomly votes, not voting is a curiosity which makes you stand out, and there is nothing that would logically make you seem more “rational” about not engaging in this opening bell process. And the fact that you’re backtracking enough to say that you never said his attempt was working doesn’t seem genuine either. You made the statement about The Jester in an accusatory fashion. You suggested it was part of a pattern of behavior he was engaging in. The pattern didn’t exist and your counter-metaphor above just doesn’t seem to apply to the situation.

I'd just defended my own pseudo-logical random vote. It seemed to me that he wanted me to argue that I hadn't over-explained, at which point he could claim, "My vote was no more serious than yours. How can you attack me for something you just defended yourself on?" Thus, hypocrite.

Do you still believe this? And why would you think that what you did was not a worse show of hypocrisy than actually doing what you say it seemed to you that he wanted you to do?

Avinashv,

Based on the evidence in thread so far, do you really believe you have found all the scum in town? If not, is there a specific reason why you have presented your suspects in the way you have?

Deathguise,

Getting a day one pressure bandwagon (even a series of them), isn’t an uncommon tactic among experienced players. It’s not a tactic I like, but there are players who know this game far better than I do who engage in this. Is there any reason other than a general distrust for this play style that makes you suspect Thinktank?

Farside,

Hey there. Glad you’re with us.

At the moment I’m going to
Vote: Jalathas

I’m far from sure but Jalathas has had the oddest reactions, and we’re four days from a no-lynch. If worse comes to worst, to avoid a no-lynch I would probably vote Avinashv as well, but my take so far is more anxious newbie than scum.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by Justin Playfair »

Ack!

The above portion of the post where quotes should have been is repeated below. Sorry, been forced to be away for a short while and trying to catch up everywhere. Forgot the quotes. Sorry.

Jalathas,

A couple of things I didn’t like in your previous answers:
Jalathas wrote:To use a variation on your metaphor, if everyone's pointing fingers, the one guy who doesn't seems to be more rational. Note that I never said his attempt was working, just that he was trying.
Well, this might be true except for the fact that nearly everyone randomly votes, not voting is a curiosity which makes you stand out, and there is nothing that would logically make you seem more “rational” about not engaging in this opening bell process. And the fact that you’re backtracking enough to say that you never said his attempt was working doesn’t seem genuine either. You made the statement about The Jester in an accusatory fashion. You suggested it was part of a pattern of behavior he was engaging in. The pattern didn’t exist and your counter-metaphor above just doesn’t seem to apply to the situation.
Jalathas wrote:I'd just defended my own pseudo-logical random vote. It seemed to me that he wanted me to argue that I hadn't over-explained, at which point he could claim, "My vote was no more serious than yours. How can you attack me for something you just defended yourself on?" Thus, hypocrite.
Do you still believe this? And why would you think that what you did was not a worse show of hypocrisy than actually doing what you say it seemed to you that he wanted you to do?
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by thinktank »

A no lynch on day 1 is B-A-D. So lets get those voting hands a runnin cause time's a tickin! (Btw don't make the case that I'm trying to push a speed lynch as you would be correct in making that argument as I am, but it would be a kinda useless argument to make. Its T minus 4 days and a 1/12 chance at nailing is infinitely better than a 0/12 chance at hitting scum.)

P.S I'm gonna be outta me country soon and I will not have access to a regular computer. I'll try to post as much as I can if i can get access to a computer. I'm guessing unless the mod moves the dead line, night will prolly go from Sunday to Thursday ish annd I'll be back that following monday. Just a heads up.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:26 pm

Post by Jex »

Sorry for my lack of activity lately. I managed to catch a flu bug going around and have been somewhat bed ridden. The last on my mind was catching up on mafiascum.

After reading through the recent posts I still don't fully understand the reasoning for avinishv. I will have to go back and read his posts soon to figure it out. When I asked both thinktank and ohgodmylife why they are going after avi so hard ohgodmylife once again stated that other people brought up good points while thinktank says its a random bandwagon to get conversation going.

To look at them individually:

ohgodmylife: couldn't give his own reasoning for keeping his vote other than the fact that "others have brought up good points" (not a direct quote, but close). I would like to hear more about these good points that made you ultimately decide to turn your once random vote into a legitimate vote.

thinktank: you went from saying that you wanted avi's bandwagon to get going to start conversation to wanting a quicklynch. In the past games I've played a lot can happen in 4 days. Has avi done something recently to make you think that he is a viable scum target instead of the random bandwagon you wanted him to be?

As for now my vote stands. I have my eye on ohgodmylife, thinktank, and greasyspot at the moment as possible scum. The first two for reasons stated above and greasyspot because something sits wrong with me about his posts, but I don't know why yet. Hence the watching.

I personally don't think that avi or the jester are the lynch for the day. In my opinion, those in the spotlight day one (especially page 1) tend to be over zealous town, having a bad mafia day, or just plain bad players in general. It's usually those skirting around on the outside either pushing for the lynch or sitting quietly as the lynch happens. Just my thoughts. Now...back to be in hopes of feeling better.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Jex wrote:Sorry for my lack of activity lately. I managed to catch a flu bug going around and have been somewhat bed ridden. The last on my mind was catching up on mafiascum.

After reading through the recent posts I still don't fully understand the reasoning for avinishv. I will have to go back and read his posts soon to figure it out. When I asked both thinktank and ohgodmylife why they are going after avi so hard ohgodmylife once again stated that other people brought up good points while thinktank says its a random bandwagon to get conversation going.

To look at them individually:

ohgodmylife: couldn't give his own reasoning for keeping his vote other than the fact that "others have brought up good points" (not a direct quote, but close). I would like to hear more about these good points that made you ultimately decide to turn your once random vote into a legitimate vote.

thinktank: you went from saying that you wanted avi's bandwagon to get going to start conversation to wanting a quicklynch. In the past games I've played a lot can happen in 4 days. Has avi done something recently to make you think that he is a viable scum target instead of the random bandwagon you wanted him to be?

As for now my vote stands. I have my eye on ohgodmylife, thinktank, and greasyspot at the moment as possible scum. The first two for reasons stated above and greasyspot because something sits wrong with me about his posts, but I don't know why yet. Hence the watching.

I personally don't think that avi or the jester are the lynch for the day. In my opinion, those in the spotlight day one (especially page 1) tend to be over zealous town, having a bad mafia day, or just plain bad players in general. It's usually those skirting around on the outside either pushing for the lynch or sitting quietly as the lynch happens. Just my thoughts. Now...back to be in hopes of feeling better.
I completed agree with this guy. I'm not getting the Avi lynch at all. Right now Greasy's comments about thinktank I'm thinking he is a hypocrite right now because he says this:
But his vote is against me. I find his comment and points for thinktank action opposite of his own action.
Greasy is on my No.2 for scum just for his behavior and actions contradicting themselves.
Justin:
Any thoughts on thinktank and GS in regards to there play?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:09 am

Post by springlullaby »

Requesting prod: the_cat_herder
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:12 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

farside22 wrote:I completed agree with this guy. I'm not getting the Avi lynch at all. Right now Greasy's comments about thinktank I'm thinking he is a hypocrite right now because he says this:
But his vote is against me. I find his comment and points for thinktank action opposite of his own action.
Greasy is on my No.2 for scum just for his behavior and actions contradicting themselves.
I have in no way been hypocritical in my vote against you. I stated I agreed with thinktanks comments about pressure voting, which I still do. My vote against you was to prove a point as I already stated. I like my vote against you.
confirm vote: farside22
If you don't "pressure" players they won't holler. When they holler you can see what they are made of. Right now you are hollering pretty loud and what your saying doesn't make sense so my vote stands for now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:20 am

Post by farside22 »

Greasy Spot wrote:
farside22 wrote:I completed agree with this guy. I'm not getting the Avi lynch at all. Right now Greasy's comments about thinktank I'm thinking he is a hypocrite right now because he says this:
I have in no way been hypocritical in my vote against you. I stated I agreed with thinktanks comments about pressure voting, which I still do. My vote against you was to prove a point as I already stated. I like my vote against you.
confirm vote: farside22
If you don't "pressure" players they won't holler. When they holler you can see what they are made of. Right now you are hollering pretty loud and what your saying doesn't make sense so my vote stands for now.
So your comment and actions make sense to you. Thinktank is starting and trying to do a bandwagon. You put a pressure vote to see if anyone "hollers" about it how is that the same thing? Because I got two different thoughts based on your defense of thinktank and your comments and actions don't match. You were the one talking about a no lynch happening so pushing at someone at random is good?
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:53 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

farside22 wrote:So your comment and actions make sense to you. Thinktank is starting and trying to do a bandwagon. You put a pressure vote to see if anyone "hollers" about it how is that the same thing? Because I got two different thoughts based on your defense of thinktank and your comments and actions don't match. You were the one talking about a no lynch happening so pushing at someone at random is good?
Don't mix words now. My comments were about thinktanks comments about pressure votes, not bandwagoning. Also I am in no way defending thinktank, I am discussing his comments on the tactic of pressure voting, not defending him. I have no allegiance to thinktank, unless he turns up town. How do my comments and actions not match? Please be more specific. Yes I was talking about a no-lynch, about how it would not be a good idea for us townies to let it happen.
Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Jennar »

Jex (1) - Jalathas
Jalathas (1) - Justin Playfair
thintank (3) - the_cat_herder, Deathguise, Farside22
Avinashv (4) - Ohgodmylife, Springlullaby, thinktank, The Jester
The Jester (1) - Avinashv
Ohgodmylife (1) - Jex
Farside22 (1) - Greasy Spot

No response from the_cat_herder, seeking replacement. 48 hours till deadline give or take.

-J
[url]http://www.House-Aedroud.com[/url]
Small site with Odd Mafia variants.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:40 am

Post by farside22 »

Greasy Spot wrote:
How does then lynch and BW equal pressure vote equal your comment? This is where I am complete at loss with you logic in the matter is this statement. You agree with thinktank who is pressuring by BW tatic's but your saying your comment is people who holler when trapped. I still see this as two different comments for different reasons.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by avinashv »

Justin Playfair wrote:Avinashv,

Based on the evidence in thread so far, do you really believe you have found all the scum in town? If not, is there a specific reason why you have presented your suspects in the way you have?
All I've said is that my vote is on Jester and I have a few FoS's out---that's all they are. Fingers Of Suspicion. If I had to lynch three right now, yeah, that's who they'd be. My strongest candidate had my vote, but because I don't want to get lynched:
Unvote, Vote: thinktank
. Call that scummy, but self-preservation is important.

Care to elaborate why you feel I am a lynch candidate? The way this game is going, I'm getting the noose by the deadline.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by avinashv »

OhGodMyLife, you never made any responses to my post. You said you wanted to hear something else, but you never replied to my defense.

Answer is essentially irrelevant; I don't know if he's going to see this before the deadline, but I'm not happy that I didn't manage to get a response before then.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Jex »

unvote vote thinktank

While OhGodMyLife is still my top suspect, I'm switching to the second scummiest in my eyes seeing as there is a deadline fast approaching. I don't think avinishv is the lynch for today because of what I said in my last post. Therefore I'm jumping on the thinktank wagon in hopes of not having a no lynch come deadline.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by The Jester »

Jex makes an interesting point. No lynches are bad, and those are reasons enough.

Unvote

Vote: Thinktank
Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:14 pm

Post by Jennar »

Ya know mates I really think we should get on with the men of the hanging by the necks. Just my not my neck. That would be uncomfortable. Savvy?

Jack Sparrow
Vote: thinktank

Jex (1) - Jalathas
Jalathas (1) - Justin Playfair
thintank (6) - the_cat_herder, Deathguise, Farside22, Jex, The Jester, Jack Sparrow

Avinashv (4) - Ohgodmylife, Springlullaby, thinktank
The Jester (1) - Avinashv
Farside22 (1) - Greasy Spot

12 Alive takes 7 to lynch.
Still seeking a replacement for the_cat_herder.

-J
[url]http://www.House-Aedroud.com[/url]
Small site with Odd Mafia variants.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”