avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:15 am

Post by avinashv »

The fact that some of the roles aren't guaranteed to be town or not is going to make this crazy.

Vote: the_cat_herder
because I prefer dogs.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by avinashv »

Alright, now that everybody has voted for everybody else, how are we proceeding with this?
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by avinashv »

Unvote, FoS: The Jester

Overreacting a bit there...I'm trying to get discussion started. Maybe someone has a day ability; maybe someone has talked to their buddy, I dunno. Your gross overreaction is noted.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by avinashv »

I'm thinking of voting for this "ashinav" fellow too. Can someone point him out?

FTR, I've played a little Mafia off line, but I haven't completed a forum game yet. It is
very
different game. I'm currently in a few other games that are either D1 or D2, and I've run out of attempts to get discussion going. It's either having to deal with idiots who are playing for seemingly only to ruin the game for others or people getting on the defensive and not catching things like retort, sarcasm and tone that admittedly don't translate well into the written word.

The Jester: I was being mildly sarcastic:
of course
not everybody had voted for everybody else, but the sooner the joke votes get over with the sooner D1 can end. Don't patronize me, don't call me a liar, and let this damn thing go.

At least I did get some discussion started.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:58 am

Post by avinashv »

Well, at least you bothered to spell it right.

Mod:
could we get the vote count updated?

Jennar
Jex (1) - Jalathas
Deathguise (1) - thintank
Jalathas (2) - Deathguise, Jex
thinktank (1) - the_cat_herder
Springlullaby (1) - Clayman
Avinashv (2) - Ohgodmylife, Springlullaby
The Jester - Avinashv

12 Alive it is 7 to Lynch.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by avinashv »

Mod
You have two names yet a vote-count of three on me. Is there another person or should it just be 2?
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:04 am

Post by avinashv »

I'm here. Nothing has happened except for thinktank trying to get a bandwagon started on me...
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:05 am

Post by avinashv »

Sorry for the lack of input, I had a tough week. I should have posted to let you know I wasn't going to be active. For that, I apologize.
springlullaby wrote:What is the meaning of this? Are you objecting to me voting you? If you do why don't you expound further on why you object instead of acting put upon and being patronizing?
Stop over-reacting. I made a comment that you made an effort to spell my name right, then I asked for a votecount. What's the big deal here?
springlullaby wrote:Insidious, insidious, insidious, scum.
Because there was no activity? Wow.
Justin Playfair wrote:Here’s my question. The Jester reacted in a very (nearly inexplicably) harsh fashion to Avinashv’s statement about everyone voting and his asking about how to proceed. And whether we go with your first phrase “without offending anybody” or your second, “make someone suspicious”, this seems hardly the way to do so. The Jester’s reaction to Avinashv’s post seemed to almost aim to both offend and arouse suspicion. So can you explain why you believe it was an attempt to do the opposite? Can you also explain how, logistically, it could have accomplished what you said you felt The Jester was trying to do?

This also applies to what may be an attempt on your part to suggest that The Jester’s initial refusal to make a random vote was an attempt not to offend or arouse suspicion. If eleven people are walking in one direction and one is walking in the other the other is more noticeable, I would think. But even if you sincerely believe that The Jester’s refusal to place an initial random vote was an attempt to avoid offending or arousing suspicion, how would that make sense given his immediate attack on Avinashv, which seemed certain to do both?
I like this analysis. I called Jester out on being overly harsh, yes, but I didn't connect that to his refusal to vote randomly. Tied together, I feel they make a stronger case. I particularly liked the "If eleven people are walking in one direction and one is walking in the other the other is more noticeable, I would think."
Justin Playfair wrote:Are you saying here that when you posted that everyone had voted you were aware not everyone had? If so why didn’t you say, perhaps, that “Now that everyone had weighed in” or something which would have communicated the same desire to move on without misrepresenting, even innocently, the actual events in thread?
Yes, I was aware that not everybody had voted for everybody else. I was trying to convey something along the lines of, "now that the random votes are out of the way". I honestly didn't think to much of it, and I maintain that getting called a liar for this is unreasonable. As for why I didn't use something else; like I said, and in fact, like
you
said, it was an innocent remark that I really didn't think about too much.
thinktank wrote:As for why I'm bandwagoning Avinashv, I'm doing precisely what I just said. My vote on Avinashv is more or less insignificant but its more meant to stir the pot because the pot needs stirring. And taking evidence from the last couple of posts I would think that its working. As for what I'm doing to help town, trying to gain more evidence seems like a good idea considering this game started a while back and we're barely past the random stage.
Thinktank is looking like one of the scummiest players to me right now. Either that, or this is an idiotic pro-town play. I'd be lying if I said I don't have an issue with being the target of the BW; of course I am, but this would apply to anyone here. By his own admission this is a useless BW, and if it was to "stir the pot", he would have taken "evidence" and killed the BW.

Thinktank, if you're town, you're not playing this well. While I'll give you that I wasn't here, I haven't logged in to MS in days; check all my other games and you'll see that I haven't posted anywhere. Nevertheless, I should have properly notified the mod/game/players that I wasn't going to be able to post, and I've already apologized for that. What you're doing here is putting the attention on one person, me, and trying to justify that with calling it a "legitimate tactic". The attention is drawn away from scum and wasting time.

So, right now I have
FoS
thinktank, springlullaby.

Mod
Vote count please?

Jennar
Jex (1) - Jalathas
Thinktank (3) - the_cat_herder, Deathguise, Farside22
Avinshav (3) - Ohgodmylife, SpringLullaby, thinktank
The Jester (1) - Avinshav
Ohgodmylife (1) - Jex
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by avinashv »

The Jester wrote:Avin, why do you ask for vote-counts so often?
Because I like to see who's voted for who, and I like to see that updated often. Once a page isn't that big a deal, I don't think. Or at least something that is constantly updated. I currently don't have any idea about the vote situation and I shouldn't have to count that myself. That's the mod's job.
The Jester wrote:Was it an over-reaction, or were you being over-defensive?
It was an over-reaction. It seems like an opinion others share.
The Jester wrote:The explanation in your posts recently is unsatisfying and seem defensive but they feel more paranoid then innocent.
Care to explain where and why it was "unsatisfying" and "paranoid"? Your vote seems like a panic vote because people are agreeing with me.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by avinashv »

Sure:
The Jester, while I find your over-defensiveness a little bristling, I don't think its the end of the world, but it was certainly a bit more firey than necessary, especially considering it stemmed from such a trivial error.
The Jester reacted in a very (nearly inexplicably) harsh fashion to Avinashv’s statement about everyone voting and his asking about how to proceed.
You are being a bit defensive, The Jester. It seems kinda like you're trying really, really hard not to offend anyone, which is making you stand out a bit to me.
Overdefensiveness on The Jester's part...
I'm asking for a vote-count because the last one was on the 5th of March. That's a long time. I don't care if there hasn't been much activity--like I said, it's not my job to make that tally. Also, do you know how many times I have asked for a vote-count this game? Twice. Those were incidentally the times when the mod did the vote count (speaking of which
Mod
, thanks for getting on that really quickly this time around).

Again, why do you feel I am being paranoid? Unsatisfying? Give me detailed responses, please.

I'm going to go ahead and say that your poor fact-checking, inability to answer my questions straight-up and looking mighty paranoid yourself makes me pretty happy with my vote on you. I'll take a gander and say you're probably scum buddies with springlullaby; he seemed to be very quick to defend you and make similarly vague and brash comments on my posts. I'm not sure about thinktank--I've voiced my opinions about this already, but even if he is town, he's not playing well, and I think that especially with the amount of time he has been on MS (I have no idea how many games that has been) he shouldn't be prone to a newbie mistake, so yeah, I'll throw in that he probably rounds off the scum.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:02 pm

Post by avinashv »

Just thought of this as I hit submit: what's funny (to me, at least), is that this wouldn't have been a big deal if you had just let it go. By not realizing/accepting/understanding how your comment was perceived, you immediately got off on the wrong foot with--at least--me with an attack on a comment that wasn't trying to point fingers to anyone, but you got dragged through the mud by lots of people, and then your story seemed to shift, answers became vague and so on.

I find it strange that your new fixation is asking for vote-counts--if not a panic vote, is that why you voted for me? I see no other real reason.

Deathguise: I've not addressed you directly, but I hope what I've said in the last few posts clears up whatever misgivings you had. I'd like to add that, much like The Jester, you weren't very clear with what your problem was. Let me know.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:46 pm

Post by avinashv »

Again
you ignore my questions:
where
exactly do you think I am being paranoid/blah blah? Anyway, I stopped caring, I don't expect a reasonable answer from you. Let's just get past D1.

I don't know about a massclaim; why do we automatically know who is scum?
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:53 am

Post by avinashv »

The Jester wrote:Wow, I looked back at the first page and realized that it's not Humans Vs. Monsters...for some reason I thought that.
That explains your last post a bit :D
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by avinashv »

Justin Playfair wrote:Avinashv,

Based on the evidence in thread so far, do you really believe you have found all the scum in town? If not, is there a specific reason why you have presented your suspects in the way you have?
All I've said is that my vote is on Jester and I have a few FoS's out---that's all they are. Fingers Of Suspicion. If I had to lynch three right now, yeah, that's who they'd be. My strongest candidate had my vote, but because I don't want to get lynched:
Unvote, Vote: thinktank
. Call that scummy, but self-preservation is important.

Care to elaborate why you feel I am a lynch candidate? The way this game is going, I'm getting the noose by the deadline.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by avinashv »

OhGodMyLife, you never made any responses to my post. You said you wanted to hear something else, but you never replied to my defense.

Answer is essentially irrelevant; I don't know if he's going to see this before the deadline, but I'm not happy that I didn't manage to get a response before then.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #16) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by avinashv »

@dahill: Avi is fine--in fact, it's my nickname. I've already offered what I feel is more than enough--and honestly, all I have--discussion on the matter. If that isn't good enough, nothing I am going to say is going to change your mind. What's "bussing"? I assume it's a tactic where scum get votes for each other? That seems like a waste, especially this early. I honestly thought thinktank's actions would have cleared my name somewhat.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by avinashv »

@Justin Playfair: I'll let the extremely condescending tone go this once; maybe you didn't realize how it comes across in the written word. Check that next time.

I'm going to give myself enough credit that I worked out what bussing was in context of what dahill said it was: I wasn't sure, I asked. I gave it a guess, and based on that guess, I presented a conclusion. Instead of acting holier-than-thou, try giving dahill's post a read with an open mind, and see how I came to my conclusion contextually.

@farside22: Sad though it may be, have you ever thought to wonder that maybe in his shorter time here, he was introduced to bussing where I was not? Or maybe he "bussed" in RL mafia?

As for the Mr. Green controversy, I didn't catch that 4th hidden vote on me. Sneaky.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #18) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:07 pm

Post by avinashv »

I'm here, although nothing's really happened.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #19) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:41 pm

Post by avinashv »

Call it OMGUS if you want, but that was a big deal. This is your first post since March 20. That was to request a prod. Before that, you posted on March 13. One month ago. To vote for me based on lack of input is an insult. Moreso, it's scummy as hell. Add to that the false quotes, carefully inserted exclamation marks and the shifty play D1, I'm sold.

Unvote, vote: springlullaby
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:17 am

Post by avinashv »

Sorry for the lack of activity, I have exams and haven't had time for this site.

Spring still hasn't replied; I'd like to point out this is exactly what I was referring to.

Has someone PM'd the mod directly? I am going to do that.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #21) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:00 pm

Post by avinashv »

How could you out Mr. Green?! The scum can now take away the one confirmed townie we have.

Justin: I apologize that I missed something; I was away for a few days and must have missed it since then. I've been lynched already, shown to be Town Cop in other games; yes, this is my playstyle--I do not, however, lie. There's no way for me to prove this, just as you are going purely on gut instinct. I don't have time right now, but I'll look back over your posts to address what questions you had with me.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #22) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by avinashv »

Dammit, all my games went to crap over finals. I'm sorry I didn't post that I'd be away for so long.

Too little too late? I am Ihmotep, but was killed night 1. I am now resurrected as mummy.
Mod
--did I make it?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”