Newbie 531: (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Newbie 531: (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:02 am

Post by bird1111 »

Alive, bold unconfimred:
Superfly
Tlp
YvonneSeer, replacing Apyadg
Battousai
SlySly
soupfly
Tamuz

Dead: No one

Rules:
0. This is a game. Have fun. Don’t let things get personal.
1. The game will start with a Day Start once all confirms are in.
2. During Day, you may vote for one player at a time. Votes must be bold or they will not be counted. Unvoting is optional.
3. Whenever a player has more than half of the people alive voting for him/her, that player will be lynched, and his or her role will be revealed, and Night will begin.
4. If discussion lags or Day goes on for too long, a deadline may be set, most likely a retractable deadline, but if I feel it is necessary it will be non-retractable. At deadline, there will always be a no lynch.
5. Do not talk outside the thread unless your role allows it.
6. If you’re dead, you get one ‘bah’ post with no game-related content.
7. If you have any question, complaint, or comment, PM me.
8. Confirm in thread.
9. Feel free to correct me if I make a mistake, but be nice about it.
10. I will try my best to get a vote count near or at the top of every page or at least every few days.
11. If you do not post for 72 hours or if a player requests I do so, I will prod you by PM, and then if you still do not post, you may be replaced or prodded again. Absences that are posted in thread, noted in your sig and/or posted in VLA are exceptions to this rule, though if I feel it is necessary, I might temporarily replace you.
12. Red is the offical mod color, no one but me may post in it, and if someone other than me edits it, the red will be edited out and they will be warned.
13. I reserve the right to edit these rules as I see fit.

This game will have the following setup:
1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Cop
1 Doctor
3 Townies

Roles:
One person recieved:
You are the Mafia Goon, your partner is (XXX), each night you may disscuss the game with your partner, and also send me the name of a player. That player will die. You may disscuss during the confirmation stage. You win when the number of mafia is the same as the number of pro-town people.

You are the Mafia Roleblocker, your partner is (XXX), each night you may disscuss the game with your partner, and also send me the name of a player. That player will die. Also, you may send me the name of the same or a different player. That player, if they have a nightchoice, it will fail. You may disscuss during the confirmation stage. You win when the number of mafia is the same as the number of pro-town people.

Three people recieved:
You are a Townie, you have nothing but your vote so put it to good use. You win when all Mafia are dead.

One person recieved:
You are a Cop, each night you may send me the name of a player. I will tell you whether or not that player is innocent. You win when all the Mafia are dead.

One person recived:
You are a Doc, each night you may send me the name of a player. If the Mafia try to kill that player, they will survive instead. You win when all the Mafia are dead.
Last edited by bird1111 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:01 am, edited 13 times in total.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:12 am

Post by bird1111 »

Role PM's have been sent. Confirm in thread within the next 48 hours.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Tamuz »

The Cake is a Lie.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:16 am

Post by Superfly »

Confirmed.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:40 am

Post by soupfly »

confirm
i am sofa king!
stupid...
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:42 am

Post by SlySly »

/confirm
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:30 am

Post by Battousai »

confirmed, also dissappointed with my role. I hate this role whenever I get it.
Apyadg
Apyadg
Goon
Apyadg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by Apyadg »

Confirmation!
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by Tamuz »

vote: Battousai
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Tlp
Tlp
Townie
Tlp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:19 am

Post by Tlp »

confirmed
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:04 am

Post by bird1111 »

Day 1 begins. With 7 alive it will take 4 to lynch.
Tlp
Tlp
Townie
Tlp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:09 am

Post by Tlp »

Tlp drinks a beer and looks around..

So Ill start then

Vote: SlySly

His avatar is just creepy! and he is a mafia scum so!! :p
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:28 am

Post by bird1111 »

Your vote must be bold in order to count.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:34 am

Post by SlySly »

vote: Tamuz
for reasonless voting during the confirmation stage.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by Tamuz »

FOS:SlySly
for trying to remove logic from my vote.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by SlySly »

Tamuz, are you saying that your vote was logical rather than random? If so, what was the logic behind your vote?
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by Tamuz »

I read Battousi's words, decided that they were more indicative than scum than anything else and promptly voted them.

To me it is more indicative of him being scum than anything else.
Battousi wrote:confirmed, also dissappointed with my role. I hate this role whenever I get it.
Alright, so what do we know here.
1. Battousi is not a newbie (also meta-ing his post in the Queue)
2. Battousi doesn't like his role.

The general meta of experienced players at MS is that they like to be vanilla. I agree with the sentiment as does the majority of the community, in fact I can't name a person who dislikes townies from what I remember reading in all the Gen. Discussion threads. Perhaps people are all impartial, but the players that come here come to play mafia, not flavored coin flipping.

Since we are in a confirmed open set-up our role list is the following
1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Cop
1 Doctor
3 Townies
I strike out the townies as possibilities due to the above meta.

This leaves either one of the two power roles, or one of the two mafia roles. Again, Battousi is experienced, such an obvious power role tell in his confirming post would be kind of stupid so I would like to remove the Cop and Doctor from the list up there. This narrows it down to Mafia and Mafia+1. I can easily see players saying that they're disappointed being mafia, alot of people don't like being scum too much, its a different game from townie. I don't really have to stretch my beliefs to see that. As for the power balancing it and making it a non-disappointing role, meh... I don't know if it'd go that far to balance disappointment at being scum.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:20 pm

Post by SlySly »

Ok, Tamuz, although your vote was before Day 1 started, it no longer seems as though it was without reason.

unvote

Your assessment seems very sound. IMO, a power role tell in the confirmation stage is not very town beneficial and leans towards being a scum tell.

FoS: Battousai

------------------------------------------------
Tlp wrote: His avatar is just creepy!
Nothing creepy about me looking out when I hear scum rustling around outside the window!! Was that you I heard out there? :)
Tlp
Tlp
Townie
Tlp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:46 am

Post by Tlp »

Vote : Slysly

like this!
Apyadg
Apyadg
Goon
Apyadg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:07 am

Post by Apyadg »

Tamuz wrote: The general meta of experienced players at MS is that they like to be vanilla. I agree with the sentiment as does the majority of the community
I can't easily find any posts to substantiate this; got any links?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Battousai »

Tlp, I don't like random voting, as it can get rid of a townie early in the game, and since there are so few players this game, I would say random voting should be out entirely.

On to slysly, and tamuz. Maybe I shouldn't of said that, but I personally do hate this role. I prefer to be mafia. Honestly, I like to be in a team and discuss who to vote out and then lie and cover our tracks during the day. I hate being a vanilla townie, since the only thing I can do is sleuth, which everyone does but for different reasons.

I wouldn't say that I am experienced, only played 6 or so mafia games in another site, first here, and only won 4 (townie for 3 of them, mafia for 1).

Tam, your obviously an experienced player, so I say we should leave you be, for now.

I believe that slysly is pro town along with me. That leaves 5 leave, 2 of which are mafia. I believe tlp is most likely scum, and/or very inexperienced player. Apyadog, I'm leaning towards townie on that one. So that leaves the other mafia player being inactive/quiet.

FoS: tlp
Apyadg
Apyadg
Goon
Apyadg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:24 am

Post by Apyadg »

Soupfly, Superfly, and Slysly...I think I'm going to be confused for a great deal of this game!

Battousai, I'm not really sure where I stand on random voting; I'm not sure if, as you claim, it leads to the possibility of a mislynch, directly, as it'd be an extremely poor townie population to base a lynch on nothing but random votes; the lynched player must act pretty summily. Random voting can also serve to stimulate discussion, it can often give the game a good kick-start; how else do we begin, but some random voting, and building from there?

And you definitely shouldn't have said what you did, it seemed like you were "trying to hard" to look townie, to me at least, though I don't necessarily agree with Tamuz about it being a scumtell; I haven't played on MS for long, but I'veplayed "Werewolf" on IRC fairly regularly, and most players seem to prefer being the "wolf" (scum), maybe it's just a different demographic, though.

Can we ehar something from those who've not yet posted since confirmation?
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:35 am

Post by Superfly »

For me, Tamuz's meta argument is not strong enough to base my vote on. It seems to be based only on the assumption that most people like being vanilla, which is hard to prove. Even if it were true, it doesn't mean much, because it is nothing but statistics and says nothing about a specific person.

Also, Battousai is new to mafiascum.net and we do not know what the general stance is in his other community.

I do however think Bat's post was a bit on the defensive side, he came to several conclusions from very little and tried to direct the attention towards tlp, who probably just did a joke vote and who I don't think is scum or "very inexperienced" just from that.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:04 am

Post by soupfly »

Apyadg wrote:Soupfly, Superfly, and Slysly...I think I'm going to be confused for a great deal of this game!
yeah, i thought about that too.

on this point:

as IC i'd like to recommend to those of you who don't have one yet, to get yourself an avatar ASAP. it really helps in terms of gameplay to be able to pick out someone's avatar when you're trying to reread and get a feel for the game.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Tamuz »

Soup speaks the truth, avatars'd be nice. (If y'all don't mind, I'm cutting the last 3 letters of yer names of, no point of having -fly,-fly, and -sly)

Apy, I'm too lazy to search too much, but this has some meta-commentary on a large number of players choosing vanilla over anything else. Then again, the few dissenting are the new crop, much like those in this game, and I haven't played mafia for a while.

If Battousi is town this has in general been bad play by him, even if it was just an offhand comment.
Strong connection to Apy..
Battousi wrote:Apyadog, I'm leaning towards townie on that one.
And all Apy had done before that point is a 1 liner requesting me to give a lil citation.
Then he goes out and calls the unposted lurkers less than a day after opening. Fishy

I really like Superfly's post.

Soup needs some content.

Battousi can I get a link to your other site so I can meta you? :D

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”