Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

Tywin timeshifted makes it D3 would be where the claim comes in if they investigated N1.

Also, what makes you think CommKnight is newb scum? Why can't he be an alt?
I'm not defending him, I just want to know your thought process
-Ali
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

In post 95, Land of Xanth wrote:
In post 93, James3 wrote:Because he jumped on me after the cop claim, he's very probably scum. But there's an offchance of him being a VI, and that offchance is greater for him than it is for you.
Well Grey jumped on you after the cop claim as well. So did Kyouko and Camm. Does that make us all scum? Does that make us VI? What makes or breaks the difference between being VI and/or being scum in this case?

-Ali
Comm's vote was serious and also was sheeping others. He put zero thought into it, and out of all the players who voted James, comm looks the worst to me. Probable newbscum there.

Or do you TR everyone who jumped on James? You unvoted him for the same reasons I gave, so I don't see you as scum. Kyouko unvoted, because he was joking. Comm put the guy at like L2 or something with a serious vote, yet no reasoning behind it other than sheeping. His join date makes me think newbscum.
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 101, Tywin Lannister wrote:His join date makes me think newbscum.
I would also like to add that by this logic, me and grey are newbs.

-Ali
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Woah I didn't even notice Comm since he was in and out so quickly, pretty sure I replied to him earlier too.
I can get down with that for now, better than not voting
VOTE: CommKnight

pagetop?
pedit:nah no pagetop - Also this is a 17player so it's 9 to lynch, that was definitely not an L-2 vote by Comm
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

In post 102, Land of Xanth wrote:
In post 101, Tywin Lannister wrote:His join date makes me think newbscum.
I would also like to add that by this logic, me and grey are newbs.

-Ali
Not really, because you voted to get an explaination and interacted with the guy. Half the thread is you two and James talking it out over his claim. There's a difference between that and what comm did. He posted once, said it was a serious vote, then left. He was like the third or fourth vote too. At the least, posting reasons give reads, and posting 'serious' votes without reason is scummy. I want to hear from both him and James, since I haven't seen an explanation as to why he'd claim on his first post when he's a 1-shot cop, but I'm good with voting comm unless there's a good reason to switch.
James3
James3
Goon
James3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Post by James3 »

In post 93, James3 wrote:Because he jumped on me after the cop claim, he's very probably scum. But there's an offchance of him being a VI, and that offchance is greater for him than it is for you.
Well Grey jumped on you after the cop claim as well. So did Kyouko and Camm. Does that make us all scum? Does that make us VI? What makes or breaks the difference between being VI and/or being scum in this case?

-Ali
Kyouko's vote and fake CC could've been a town-motivated reaction test. It doesn't indicate either alignment for him. Grey is more clearly scum than Uzi or Comm because he made bad faith arguments along with his vote, that highly contraindicates being newbsheep. Uzi and Comm are both basically in the same boat, though I'd scumread Uzi a bit more because he's obstinate, whereas newbsheep usually will retract after being called out.
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:21 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 105, James3 wrote:

-Ali
Kyouko's vote and fake CC could've been a town-motivated reaction test. It doesn't indicate either alignment for him. Grey is more clearly scum than Uzi or Comm because he made bad faith arguments along with his vote, that highly contraindicates being newbsheep. Uzi and Comm are both basically in the same boat, though I'd scumread Uzi a bit more because he's obstinate, whereas newbsheep usually will retract after being called out.
Oh really? Cause Kyouko says exactly what he was trying to accomplish with his vote here:
In post 38, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:No I didn't take his claim seriously nor is my claim serious, it was a joke vote
He also stated it was RVS earlier.

-Ali
James3
James3
Goon
James3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Post by James3 »

Okay I just checked Comm's profile and searched his posting history. Apparently he's brand new on this site and hasn't played FM in several years. Reasonless sheeping isn't alignment indicative for complete newbs. I retain a slight scumread on him because I was a claimed cop when he voted me, but he doesn't rank near Uzi and Grey, unless he convinces me that he's scum when he comes back.
In post 106, Land of Xanth wrote:
In post 105, James3 wrote:

-Ali
Oh really? Cause Kyouko says exactly what he was trying to accomplish with his vote here:
In post 38, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:No I didn't take his claim seriously nor is my claim serious, it was a joke vote
He also stated it was RVS earlier.

-Ali
You're not particularly bright.
James3
James3
Goon
James3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:26 pm

Post by James3 »

In post 107, James3 wrote:You're not particularly bright.
Okay that's not actually fair. You're giving the appearance of being unintelligent, though since you're scum it could just be an act.
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:30 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

My point is he said it was a joke and you read it as a reaction test, but the fact that you decide to descredit me as well as throw shade at me instead of attempting to fight the arguement is shitty.
And this is a hydra. If you are reading Grey's play as scummy, how do you read the Alisae's head play as?
Also give me a reason to believe you aren't conf biasing us.

-Ali
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:51 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

Also I'm adding pressure onto this wagon. I was planning on doing it after I pressured Uzi about things.
VOTE: CommKnight
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

^Ali post^
Hydra between Alisae and -Grey-
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Post by Zekromaster »

Still have to study these pages, probably gonna catch up somewhere near 20 PM (GMT+1), or at lunch time if I can get to a PC.

I read this en-passant, not like you read a Mafia Game, so I need to reread this, even if it's just some RVs and LoX and James reading each other.

For now, from what I've read, either LoX or James is scum, but James has some chance of just being used to another meta. As an occasional ToS and IRL player, there it's pretty common to massclaim even on D1, as the "day" phase lasts like 3 to 5 minutes, so you can't get some "serious" discussion on, and falseclaiming is made more difficult by the fact that you have less time to "organize" yourself.
I did the same error on my first game here (for some background: I had to replace out on IIRC D2, because IRL stuff happening, and after that I left the site for some time. I don't even consider that game in my site's "Mafia Experience" section), of reasoning like I was actually playing "IRL Mafia/ToS with longer messages".
James3
James3
Goon
James3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:08 pm

Post by James3 »

In post 109, Land of Xanth wrote:My point is he said it was a joke and you read it as a reaction test, but the fact that you decide to descredit me as well as throw shade at me instead of attempting to fight the arguement is shitty.
And this is a hydra. If you are reading Grey's play as scummy, how do you read the Alisae's head play as?
Also give me a reason to believe you aren't conf biasing us.

-Ali
If anyone who isn't confirmed scum would like me to explain the bit about Kyouko's post, I will. Otherwise, you'll have to live with lack of understanding.

You and Grey are the same alignment by necessity. There's no need to independently read you two.
In post 112, Zekromaster wrote:As an occasional ToS and IRL player, there it's pretty common to massclaim even on D1, as the "day" phase lasts like 3 to 5 minutes
What on Earth are you talking about?

The ToS game (which is not what I've been referring to, at any point in this game) has a D1 that lasts 15 seconds. Massclaiming is impossible in that time. ToS FM has a 24 hour D1, during which massclaiming is possible, but never done.
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:38 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 112, Zekromaster wrote:For now, from what I've read, either LoX or James is scum, but James has some chance of just being used to another meta. As an occasional ToS and IRL player, there it's pretty common to massclaim even on D1, as the "day" phase lasts like 3 to 5 minutes, so you can't get some "serious" discussion on, and falseclaiming is made more difficult by the fact that you have less time to "organize" yourself.
I did the same error on my first game here (for some background: I had to replace out on IIRC D2, because IRL stuff happening, and after that I left the site for some time. I don't even consider that game in my site's "Mafia Experience" section), of reasoning like I was actually playing "IRL Mafia/ToS with longer messages".
James has been here long enough to be a game moderator, so no, he doesn't get that kind of leeway.

-G
Hydra between Alisae and -Grey-
James3
James3
Goon
James3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:50 pm

Post by James3 »

I'm modding my first game and this is the second game I've played on-site. So my familiarity with site meta is somewhat minimal. But that's besides the point, as my strategies didn't agree with ToS FM meta either, and I didn't let that affect me.

As for Zekro, he seems to both lack reading comprehension and simply not know what he's talking about in general. For some inexplicable reason, he believes that when I said that I played Mafia on the ToS forums, I was actually stating that I played ToS (which I do, but there's no parity between ToS and any sort of FM, so I left that unmentioned for lack of relevance). Moreover, despite speaking about it as if he did, he knows nothing about ToS, and is obviously lying about having played it (though I can't fathom why). Day one in ToS always lasts fifteen seconds without exception. And massclaiming on day one is not even possible, much less common.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:50 am

Post by CommKnight »

In post 59, James3 wrote:Lol at Grey trying to bus his scumbuddy. Unless the town strongly prefers otherwise, I'd prefer to get Grey first and then Uzi.
Lining up lynches D1 with next to zero reads? Yeah, either bad townie or scum not giving two shits.

Also honestly, a real cop wouldn't out D1 in one of the first few posts, even on ToS they aren't that foolish and furthermore, why would you only be 1-shot in a game this size? Maybe 3-shot I could've believed a bit better. But 1-shot is next to VT and almost useless! Unless you have some other ability you're not outing, saying you're serious about this claim causes some high doubts from myself.

I'd be laughing if he was a Jester/Fool role and I was falling into his hands by doing so. But my vote is remaining. Even though the CC is fake, the above analysis holds true. This is a big game, to only have 1-shot with a cop ability, there has to be more to it. Since you already outed, you might as well out anything special about that 1-shot. Because that's a really weak role and a convenient claim to keep you alive for 2-days and random inno a townie then skirt through the rest of the game as third party or scum.

Seriously, does anyone else buy a 1-shot cop? That has to be one of the worst claims I've ever seen even back when I played forum mafia regularly. Not even the worst scum claimed that poorly and I almost feel like unvoting you for that sole reason. But 1-shot cop just doesn't fit. You're busted off of RVS claim.

Anyone want to chip in about the likelyhood of it being real and counter my own argument go ahead, but if you can't counter my argument of it not being a realistic role in a game this size, then don't doubt my intentions. The earlier Serial Killers, Werewolves, Mafia, or anything else that is against town begin dying, the better. This looks like an easy clear cut D1 scum lynch to me.

The *only* way I believe this claim to be possible is if another role is out there that can let him use his ability again by generating more shots. Otherwise there's no point of a ONE shot cop with 18 players besides himself.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:58 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

@Ssbm (78): The lynch mechanic works as normal, there's no delay between lynch and death. It only affects actions. Thanks though :)

@Land of Xanth (85) The game is not Bastard.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:58 am

Post by CommKnight »

I hate school wifi, I thought I lost my post but I see it popping up now. Was about to retype most of that into a shorter thing, but glad I don't have to now.

Anyway, I'll check back around lunch time for me (about 2 hours) for a counter argument to mine. But you guys need to stop being afraid of losing him D1. His claim is bad and he should feel bad for trying to pass it off as a real role.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:03 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 117, D3f3nd3r wrote:
@Ssbm (78): The lynch mechanic works as normal, there's no delay between lynch and death. It only affects actions. Thanks though :)

@Land of Xanth (85) The game is not Bastard.
What I meant was we won't lynch him today or tomorrow because we need his result and he can't get that until D3
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:16 am

Post by CommKnight »

In post 119, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: What I meant was we won't lynch him today or tomorrow because we need his result and he can't get that until D3
Think about that for a moment. You *need* to wait 2 days for a result which his target can die that night or the next night let alone himself (which we'd be wasting a doc to protect a 1-shot cop for two nights).

Then let's say he does survive that long, the only way to know if he's telling the truth is if he or his target dies. If he random inno'd a town, that is essentially useless because it "clears" a scum that conveniently claimed a 1-shot cop.

Sorry, but you need a better argument to keep this poor claim around. Otherwise I'm confident with him being 100% scum with a very poor claim.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:39 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote: Land of Xanth

I so miss reading his books....
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:54 am

Post by Skelda »

Hi guys! I didn't realize that the game had started, I'm reading back now.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:04 am

Post by Skelda »

Okay so I totally believe James obviously. I'm not convinced that it is Comm though.

Vote: Uzi
is where I'm at right now. It seemed like they were trying hard to make their James doubt seem Town.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:16 am

Post by PeregrineV »

What is ToS?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.