ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Mini 489: Short and Sweet Mafia - Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:17 am

Post by ibaesha »

Ibby's in the middle of reading one of her typical favorite
Medeival Fantasy
novels. In Chapter 10, she discovers a small village, (if it could even be called that) that intrigues her. Sunnyflower Acres seems to be quaint, quiet place just off of the Symrian Passage, a road that stretches from the coast of the Riven Sea across the land to the Blackthorn Mountains. Something is amiss though and Ibby gets the feeling that this small village has more to it than meets the eye. As she reads on, she comes upon the Mapleleaf Tavern and learns about some of the folks in the village and takes note of a strange conversation about late night killings and criminal activity nearby on the Symrian Passage.

Hurry! You must find out who is responsible for the deaths that are causing a pall of darkness to fall over Sunnyflower Acres before Ibby finishes the book! She plans on getting a new one for her birthday, November 17th, so she'll have to be done with it by then. ;)

The Living!

Mastermind of Sin
CrashTextDummie
PookyTheMagicalBear
Guardian
Kinetic
rp. trumpezia

The Dead dead dead

LoudmouthLee, Commoner, shot N1
Cogito Ergo Sum
rp Sarcastro
, Bandit, lynched D1

Albert B. Rampage, Commoner, shot N2
Coron, Bandit, impaled N2

Xdaamno, Commoner, lynched D2
VitaminR, Bandit, impaled N3

Rishi, Knight, shot N3

To avoid whatever:
The Commoner Role PM wrote:You are a commoner. You wear boring brown and grey clothing and shoes that don't fit. Oh, yeah you don't have any special abilities because you're well... common. You do get to vote to lynch someone everyday, though. You win when there are no criminals left in the village.
Roles are out and it is now Night 1. (Yes, we're starting with a night.) Please PM me confirmation that you've received your role, along with any questions you may have about the game or your role, -and- your night 1 action, if you have one.
Day 1 begins at 6 am Pacific Standard Time, Thursday August 16th.
See next post for rules regarding night choice deadlines.
Last edited by ibaesha on Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:09 pm, edited 13 times in total.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:20 am

Post by ibaesha »

Please read the rules carefully, as there may be alterations from the standard sets of rules. Most of these rules have been stolen and edited from so many places that it would take too long to reference all of the sources. Special rules are high-lighted in blue.

Rules On what is Allowable:

[01] This is only a game, and I expect all players to remain somewhat civil (although I understand you are essentially a crazy, lynching mob). I will not accept excessive abuse upon freedom of speech: obscenity, profanity, libel, and fighting words will not be tolerated, and if you push it, Ibby (or maybe PJ, if I'm feeling generous) reserves the right to have you replaced. In other words, be respectful to all players, as well as myself and my co-mod.
[02] Do not talk outside of this thread, unless your role PM explicitly says you may do so, and even then, you are restricted to night-time for all out-of-thread conversation.
[03] Do not edit or delete your posts in any way, shape, or form. Once you have posted something, it is there for good, unless I find reason to alter or delete your post myself.
[04] Do not quote your role PMs in any way, shape, or form. This also applies to night conversations. You may, however, paraphrase your PM at any time, but if you go too far, I again reserve the right to either replace you or to modkill you should the situation warrant.
[05] Do not post in invisible text, excessively small text, or use [ color = black ] tags.
[06] You may request mod-prods, replacements, clarifications, and votecounts from me directly in the thread, but please precede such with a bolded
Mod: So-and-so
so that I will be able to answer you as promptly as possible.
[07] Once I have officially posted that you are dead, then
you are dead
. Do not post any relevant information to the game whatsoever. You are, however, allowed a typical “Bah!” post of some sort.
[08] You may talk during twilight about anything you wish.
[09] Do not question my decisions in-thread: if you have a problem with me, take it to Private Messages. You may, of course, post problems you see with my votecounts, but that’s about as far as I’ll allow things.
[10] Players who are deemed to be purposely spamming the thread for the purpose of making everybody lose due to the 20 page limit [see Technical Rule #4] will, at mod discretion, be replaced/modkilled and posts may be deleted.

[11]Do not post vote counts in blue – that is left for me and my co-mod to use to show that a vote count is official. Players who attempt to impersonate the mod will be punished.

[12] You are allowed to have fun, and in fact, I heartily encourage it! This is a game! Play hard, play fair, and enjoy yourself.

Technical Rules

[01] Each day the town must decide on a lynch. Once a majority has been reached on a player, that player will be lynched, regardless of any subsequent unvoting.
[02] To vote for somebody, please use bold tags. For example,
Vote: PJ the Maleficent
[03] If you wish to unvote, I would appreciate a formal bold
Unvote: Ibby the Magnificent
, although this will not be required.
[04] This game has a firm deadline of three months – once that time hits,
everybody
loses. Furthermore, the game has a firm page limit of 20 pages – go over this, and
everybody
loses. To give the town maximum posts, vote counts will be edited into each 25th post (the top of each regular page). Players are allowed to post their own vote counts, but
only post counts in blue
will be official.

[05] This game
will not
have any other deadlines whatsoever, except for nights. It is your job to set your own deadlines if you plan on finishing given days in a timely fashion.

[06] You may vote no-lynch if you wish. A majority voting for no-lynch will end the day, and the game will progress directly into night. To do this, simply
Vote: No-Lynch
[07] Nights will last a maximum of 4 real-time days. If you have not sent me a night-choice by that time (should you have one), for the first night of the game, I will randomize your choice. For all nights afterwards, I will consider you as choosing that you do not wish to use your action.
The faster you send in your night-choices, the faster the game can get back on-track.

[08] If you feel that you may not be able to post in-thread for a period of 48 hours or longer, please say so in-thread and send me a PM as warning. If I find it necessary, I will have you replaced, but I would much rather keep all players who sign up for any of my games.
[09] Any and all of these rules are subject to change at my discretion.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:19 am

Post by ibaesha »

Ibby picks up her book after a good night's sleep and begins to read about one of the residents of Sunnyflower Acres. As she reads along, she finds him moving quickly along Symrian Passage on his way home, cloaked in the velvet darkness of night. The sounds from the nocturnal critters of the forest bordering the passage filter through to his ears, putting him at ease, and he slows his pace a bit.

"Nearly home." he thinks as he yawns and gives a slight stretch. A second later, he feels a sharp pain in his torso and looks down to see an arrowhead sticking out of his chest. He gasps and glances around, his hands coming up to grip the arrow as he falls to his knees. Another arrow whispers through the air, then punches through the back of his neck. A darkness deeper than that of the night overcomes him and he falls to the ground, his lifeblood flowing steadily into a pool beneath him.

Horrified, Ibby reads on as the night passes into day and the villagers of Sunnyflower Acres come upon the body frozen in death on the road. Someone cries out, "Oh no! It's LoudmouthLee! This can't be! What could a simple commoner have done to deserve this?" Ibby blinks, then frowns and slams the book closed, and throws it viciously at her dresser.

LoudmouthLee, Commoner, killed Night 1

It is now Day 1.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:29 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I think we can all agree the bear is responsible for all this.

Vote Pooky
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:15 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Awesome flavour Ibby ^.^
Thread Title wrote:Short and Sweet Mafia - Night 1
I have no idea what you're talking about.

*cough*

Also, I think skipping the random voting stage would obviously be the ost beneficial... but then we have nothing to go on.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:32 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I think we can all agree the bear is responsible for all this.

Vote Pooky
Pooky is clearly innocent, you cannot possibly think him responsible for this heinous crime!
Vote: Albert

I got yo back, Pooky!
Permanent V/LA.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Guardian »

Hey guys. I am in an interesting mood re: this game -- I want to win it very much, but am not optimistic considering my past record. I have some ideas about the game though and wanted to lay them out, this is my first post/idea of game theory. This is intended to be a first post -- if that can't happen I will make a partition and comment on any previous posts after this.
  • There is no room for a random phase here. Don't post without posting content, period. The first posts should be game theory mixed with random/less random votes, and as the game goes on there is even less room for jokey stuff.

• We need to self deadline here. I recommend a 7 page 3 week deadline for day one, by guesstimation. Assuming we use all reasonable days, this setup isn't weird besides the post restrictions, there is no vig/sk/third faction, and that we get to lylo and then lynch scum from then on out, I would guess that we are in store for something like four or five days. As such, we simply cannot afford to use much more than three weeks or seven pages on the first day. If we are near using more than that, we need to lynch someone -- plain and simple.

• Spamming is not anti-everyone -- it is anti-town. Scum want us to feel like we can't talk freely in later days -- wasting precious posts is exactly what they want early game -- anyone making spammy posts in this game is scummy.

• I personally am not going to post more than 3 posts per page, and that will be an aberration -- we need discussion from everyone, and those lurking and not using at least a few posts to let us know about their thoughts are just as scummy as the spammers.

• Each post, you should as much as possible try and
    comment on all previous posts
    that you haven't commented on yet, or that you want to change your opinions on, and to comment on all players, to the extent that that makes sense. There is no room for noise in this game, only signal. Wasting a post is horrendously bad play.

• I personally need to bring more of a positive mood to games. I usually am very a positive person, but something about being mislynched for bad reasons makes me annoyed. Thus, I will self impose a restriction of using at least three positive smilies each post, and complimenting someone in every post this game. :D. Ibaesha, I'm sure this game will be excellently modded -- you are quite excellent ;).

• Something of a joke, something of the truth -- assume I am town. If people assumed that I was town and made decent reads, I would have won like 75% of my pro-town games instead of 0%. I am town here. I will probably not explain something well, or mess up somewhere, or something like that, and you will think I'm scummy, and even consider lynching me. Some will probably even find this bullet in and of itself scummy. Don't do it. So far, I have either been killed N1 or mislynched/been forced into a mislynch at endgame as town. I'd prefer neither happen here, but I especially would like to not be mislynched in this game. I would love for this to be my first pro-town win (assuming an ongoing game I'm in doesn't result in one beforehand).... I will attempt to not get mislynched, but helping me out there would be great.

I think that is a concise but thorough outline of the game theory that makes sense here. It would be great if Ibby could edit the first post confirming or denying that the game is a mini normal besides these restrictions. Also, Ibby, I request that you do edited into the top of each page votecounts, as opposed to anything else. We need to conserve posts :).

See technical rule 4

Note that the above was written before Ibby edited the first post. *shakes fist*

With all that out of the way...
Vote: Pooky
. You are a very evil bear :mrgreen:.

---

The three players above, possibly with Xdaamno as an exception, maybe disagree with me -- but when you consider that we really don't want to use more than 7 pages for day one, 1.5 for random voting with no content seems silly to me.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:58 am

Where was I random voting?
FoS: Guardian

What's with all the Pooky hate? ^_^
Permanent V/LA.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:20 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Something of a joke, something of the truth -- assume I am town. If people assumed that I was town and made decent reads, I would have won like 75% of my pro-town games instead of 0%. I am town here.
FOS: Guardian
. You're asking us all to 'assume you are town'. While I can see what you are trying to convey, and I even believe that it is more likely town would say this than scum (Since scum are more consciously careful about these kind of things), I believe you're going the wrong way about it.
Guardian wrote:We need to self deadline here. I recommend a 7 page 3 week deadline for day one, by guesstimation. Assuming we use all reasonable days, this setup isn't weird besides the post restrictions, there is no vig/sk/third faction, and that we get to lylo and then lynch scum from then on out, I would guess that we are in store for something like four or five days.
You could argue it is
likely
there will be a vig, SK or cult, based on some statistics, so that point is moot, but I mainly agree otherwise.

And I'd probably like MoS to cut down on the joke posts. I couldn't ask you to do that, could I? :|
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:41 am

Post by Sarcastro »

I think some people are going a bit overboard with the theme. Ibby didn't make this game as some weird experiment - she made it because games these days take way longer than they used to. Take a look at the mini archives - most games from as recently as a couple of years ago took under 20 pages. There's no need to do anything foolish like skip random voting and such - we just need to not take as long. If there's a good wagon, finish it rather than waiting around for pages and pages discussing inane things.

So anyway, who wants to see if we can lynch Guardian before we get to the second page?

Vote: Guardian

That second vote on Pooky was lame.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:56 am

Post by VitaminR »

Guardian wrote:There is no room for a random phase here. Don't post without posting content, period. The first posts should be game theory mixed with random/less random votes, and as the game goes on there is even less room for jokey stuff.

We need to self deadline here. I recommend a 7 page 3 week deadline for day one, by guesstimation. Assuming we use all reasonable days, this setup isn't weird besides the post restrictions, there is no vig/sk/third faction, and that we get to lylo and then lynch scum from then on out, I would guess that we are in store for something like four or five days. As such, we simply cannot afford to use much more than three weeks or seven pages on the first day. If we are near using more than that, we need to lynch someone -- plain and simple.
I agree with this. I'm not too worried about the time constraint, because I think we're more likely to run out of pages. 7 pages seems alright, though.
Guardian wrote:Spamming is not anti-everyone -- it is anti-town. Scum want us to feel like we can't talk freely in later days -- wasting precious posts is exactly what they want early game -- anyone making spammy posts in this game is scummy.
I'd be a bit more cautious about this one. We need to actively discourage spamming, but I think it depends more on the type of player rather than alignment.
Xdaamno wrote:
Something of a joke, something of the truth -- assume I am town. If people assumed that I was town and made decent reads, I would have won like 75% of my pro-town games instead of 0%. I am town here.
. You're asking us all to 'assume you are town'. While I can see what you are trying to convey, and I even believe that it is more likely town would say this than scum (Since scum are more consciously careful about these kind of things), I believe you're going the wrong way about it.
I like this. A bit contradictory, but it captures my feelings on the subject as well.

I don't think it really matters whether we consciously decide to skip the random voting stage. Posting plenty of content pretty much ensures our votes won't be worthless anyway.

I'm going to
Vote: Sarcastro
. His reason for voting Guardian isn't all that good, it is all too convenient that the preceding two posts have FOSes of the same person and I think Guardian is the easy target here.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:54 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

So, Sarcastro.
Sarcastro wrote:So anyway, who wants to see if we can lynch Guardian before we get to the second page?
I take it you are joking, considering you just spent a whole paragraph explaining why there's no need to do "anything foolish".

On the other hand, it appears like your vote is
not
your usual, run-off-the-mill random vote.

That sends quite the conflicting message.

If LML were still alive, he'd say that "joking is scummy", and for once, I'm gonna subscribe to his newsletter:

PS:
I have a very important question for Pooky:
Are you scum?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:01 pm

Unvote, vote Sarcastro

I agree that we have enough time to finish the game up. But it will be most beneficial to not take any chances. I'm with Guardian on this one.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:10 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I am categorically not scum.

I would never kill Lee as scum,

This is because I love him very very much,

We are great buddies!

If you look at all my games with Lee, I have never ever nightkilled him Night One because I enjoy playing with him so much!

Also

Vote Albert B. Rampage

We have to take chances, this is a mafia game, if we didn't take a "chance" we'd never get anywhere.

I don't like his justification for his Sarc vote at all.

I think we should kill him!

Some folks are moving to college this weekend and won't be able to post until they're settled with access. I'm aware of the issue and will give them until Tuesday or so to post, then I'll see about prods.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:09 am

Pooky tells the truth. Neither he nor I would ever kill one of the Huggle Alliance's founding members on Night 1.
Permanent V/LA.
trumpezia
trumpezia
Townie
trumpezia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:53 am

Post by trumpezia »

I agree with Guardian's point that spamming is anti-town.

In general, I feel that I agree that we should not spam, nor random-vote, and we should take the theme of the game rather seriously.

However I do not think it is beneficial for the town to set firm deadlines for ourselves, or set hard limits on how many posts we can make, as I believe the scum will find a way to play these limits to their advantage.

Also, I wish to keep open the possibility that there are roles specifically pertaining to the theme, and do not think we should assume that this is a mini normal for everything except the short and sweet part.

The last point of Guardian's bulleted list gives me slight scummy vibes, but all the rest of his post leads me to believe him.

I do think that Mastermind of Sin is very spammy, but I am inclined to believe it's a sign of playstyle rather than alignment. However I'd like to humbly request that he stops spamming. ;)

I would like to point out that Xdaamno's post was rather content-less too, well I agree that random voting without content is bad, but if you are making a post anyway, you might as well stick in a random vote as well. In general, I feel Xdaamno was being a little bit too careful in his first post, which seemed scummy, but his second post feels much more townish.

I do agree with VitaminR that Sacastro seemed to be jumping on Guardian a little too conventiently after the FoSes. And then again, looking through the mini archives, I do not agree that
most
games took under 20 pages. Especially if you don't count the open games (which are arguably simpler because you know all the roles). Then again, Sarcastro's comment about lynching Guardian before the second page seemed too scummy to be scummy, and to me it felt more like he was town trying to catch responses.

CrashTextDummie seems to be jumping on Sarcastro a little too quickly.

Albert B. Rampage as well.

Pooky I cannot get a read on, but I agree with him that Albert B. Rampage seems most scummy as of now.

vote: Albert B. Rampage.

If I had to rank people in order of scumminess, it would be: (only the people who have posted)

Albert
CrashTextDummie
Mastermind of Sin
Pooky
Sarcastro
Xdamnoo
VitaminR
Guardian
Trumpezia
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:55 am

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: We have to take chances, this is a mafia game, if we didn't take a "chance" we'd never get anywhere.

This is dumb, you know very well I meant we should not take any chances by posting too much with little content and not cramming everything we can in one post.

I didn't justify my vote for Sarc at all! What don't you like ?
FoS Pooky
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:27 am

Post by Xdaamno »

trumpezia wrote: The last point of Guardian's bulleted list gives me slight scummy vibes, but all the rest of his post leads me to believe him.
You couldn't elaborate any more than this?
trumpezia wrote: I would like to point out that Xdaamno's post was rather content-less too, well I agree that random voting without content is bad, but if you are making a post anyway, you might as well stick in a random vote as well. In general, I feel Xdaamno was being a little bit too careful in his first post, which seemed scummy, but his second post feels much more townish.
... I made a joke, pointed out a *cough* mod error and them commented on the matter at hand. You are suggesting I was
too careful
?
trumpezia wrote: In general, I feel that I agree that we should not spam, nor random-vote, and we should take the theme of the game rather seriously.
Classic case of pretending to be the helpful guy. I thought it was be quite obvious we take a mafia game seriously.

Grasping; or, more specifically, pretending to be helpful.

FOS: Trumpezia

Actually, we need to kick start this game as soon as possible:

Vote: Trumpeiza

can't do any harm.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:14 pm

Post by Guardian »

Mastermind of Sin in 7 wrote:Where was I random voting?
FoS: Guardian
You weren't... technically. You were and are spamming.
Mastermind of Sin in 7 wrote:What's with all the Pooky hate? ^_^
What's with all the Pooky defense?

---
Xdaamno in 8 wrote:
. You're asking us all to 'assume you are town'. While I can see what you are trying to convey, and
I even believe that it is more likely town would say this than scum
(Since scum are more consciously careful about these kind of things), I believe you're going the wrong way about it.
Considering the underlined, why FOS me??

---
Sarcastro in 9 wrote:I think some people are going a bit overboard with the theme. Ibby didn't make this game as some weird experiment - she made it because games these days take way longer than they used to. Take a look at the mini archives - most games from as recently as a couple of years ago took under 20 pages. There's no need to do anything foolish like skip random voting and such - we just need to not take as long. If there's a good wagon, finish it rather than waiting around for pages and pages discussing inane things.
I kind of agree with this, but people these days waste posts on "EBWOP: I meant them, not theem." And on short contentless posts. I've read some of these old games, and they end before 20 pages because people don't waste posts on bullshit. I don't think it is "going overboard" to ask that we not waste posts on bullshit in this game.
Sarcastro in 9 wrote:So anyway, who wants to see if we can lynch Guardian before we get to the second page?

Vote: Guardian

That second vote on Pooky was lame.
How serious were you being here? If you were being at all serious, this was complete bullshit. How was the second vote on Pooky lame? What is with the Pooky defense...?

---
VitaminR in 10 wrote:
Guardian wrote:Spamming is not anti-everyone -- it is anti-town. Scum want us to feel like we can't talk freely in later days -- wasting precious posts is exactly what they want early game -- anyone making spammy posts in this game is scummy.
I'd be a bit more cautious about this one. We need to actively discourage spamming, but I think it depends more on the type of player rather than alignment.
It is a playstyle that is unacceptable in this game. Spamming helps the scum, by forcing our later days to be shorter.
VitaminR in 10 wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
I like this. A bit contradictory, but it captures my feelings on the subject as well.
More than a bit. Interesting reception to both my and Xdaamno's comment.
VitaminR in 10 wrote:I don't think it really matters whether we consciously decide to skip the random voting stage. Posting plenty of content pretty much ensures our votes won't be worthless anyway.
Yeah, OK. Semantics.
VitaminR in 10 wrote:I'm going to
. His reason for voting Guardian isn't all that good, it is all too convenient that the preceding two posts have FOSes of the same person and I think Guardian is the easy target here.
Hm. Yeah I will
FOS: Sarcastro
. I want to hear more from him.

---
CrashTextDummie in 11 wrote:So, Sarcastro.
Sarcastro wrote:So anyway, who wants to see if we can lynch Guardian before we get to the second page?
I take it you are joking, considering you just spent a whole paragraph explaining why there's no need to do "anything foolish".

On the other hand, it appears like your vote is
not
your usual, run-off-the-mill random vote.

That sends quite the conflicting message.

If LML were still alive, he'd say that "joking is scummy", and for once, I'm gonna subscribe to his newsletter:

Interesting reception here too. Sarcastro attacks me... You don't like it... I didn't like it either, but VitaminR just voted. Sarcastro seems to be attacking an easy target.... so is he now the easy target? :?

Not sure how to take this.

---
Albert B. Rampage 12 wrote:
Unvote, vote Sarcastro

I agree that we have enough time to finish the game up. But it will be most beneficial to not take any chances. I'm with Guardian on this one.
More Sarcastro wagoning... Is Sarcastro scum, or is he the easy target? I am conflicted.

---
PookyTheMagicalBear in 13 wrote:I am categorically not scum.

I would never kill Lee as scum,

This is because I love him very very much,

We are great buddies!

If you look at all my games with Lee, I have never ever nightkilled him Night One because I enjoy playing with him so much!
WIFOM.
PookyTheMagicalBear in 13 wrote:Also

Vote Albert B. Rampage

We have to take chances, this is a mafia game, if we didn't take a "chance" we'd never get anywhere.

Defense of Sarc. Hm. What don't you like about his justification? Why don't you like it?

---
Mastermind of Sin in 14 wrote:Pooky tells the truth. Neither he nor I would ever kill one of the Huggle Alliance's founding members on Night 1.
EWW. Spam
and
WIFOM. I dislike this post for many reasons.

---
trumpezia in 15 wrote:I agree with Guardian's point that spamming is anti-town.

In general, I feel that I agree that we should not spam, nor random-vote, and we should take the theme of the game rather seriously.
Good mindset.
trumpezia in 15 wrote:However I do not think it is beneficial for the town to set firm deadlines for ourselves, or set hard limits on how many posts we can make, as I believe the scum will find a way to play these limits to their advantage.
I see what you mean -- but what should we do instead? What do we do if we are at 9 pages going on 10 and still in day 1?
trumpezia in 15 wrote:Also, I wish to keep open the possibility that there are roles specifically pertaining to the theme, and do not think we should assume that this is a mini normal for everything except the short and sweet part.
I don't either.
MOD -- IBBY
, any response?

It's a closed set-up.

trumpezia in 15 wrote:The last point of Guardian's bulleted list gives me slight scummy vibes, but all the rest of his post leads me to believe him.
Such interesting response I am getting to that. trumpieza at least isn't being contradictory though.
trumpezia in 15 wrote:I do think that Mastermind of Sin is very spammy, but I am inclined to believe it's a sign of playstyle rather than alignment. However I'd like to humbly request that he stops spamming. ;)
Me too. Further spamming by MoS will be regarded by me as scum tactics, for good reason.
trumpezia in 15 wrote:I would like to point out that Xdaamno's post was rather content-less too, well I agree that random voting without content is bad, but if you are making a post anyway, you might as well stick in a random vote as well. In general, I feel Xdaamno was being a little bit too careful in his first post, which seemed scummy, but his second post feels much more townish.
I don't see how he was careful first or more townlike second. Care to explain
trumpezia in 15 wrote:I do agree with VitaminR that Sacastro seemed to be jumping on Guardian a little too conventiently after the FoSes. And then again, looking through the mini archives, I do not agree that
most
games took under 20 pages. Especially if you don't count the open games (which are arguably simpler because you know all the roles). Then again, Sarcastro's comment about lynching Guardian before the second page seemed too scummy to be scummy, and to me it felt more like he was town trying to catch responses.
Interesting analysis. I disagree factually on the 20 page thing, but other than that you make sense here.
trumpezia in 15 wrote:CrashTextDummie seems to be jumping on Sarcastro a little too quickly.
Indeed.
trumpezia in 15 wrote:Albert B. Rampage as well.
Mhm.
trumpezia in 15 wrote:Pooky I cannot get a read on, but I agree with him that Albert B. Rampage seems most scummy as of now.

vote: Albert B. Rampage.

If I had to rank people in order of scumminess, it would be: (only the people who have posted)

Albert
CrashTextDummie
Mastermind of Sin
Pooky
Sarcastro
Xdamnoo
VitaminR
Guardian
Trumpezia
Fair enough, I guess. Why do you find people scummy for voting Sarcastro if you think he is only middle of the road? The quickness of it only? Do you think they had valid reasons for finding him suspicious?

---
Albert B. Rampage in 16 wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: We have to take chances, this is a mafia game, if we didn't take a "chance" we'd never get anywhere.

This is dumb, you know very well I meant we should not take any chances by posting too much with little content and not cramming everything we can in one post.

I didn't justify my vote for Sarc at all! What don't you like ?
FoS Pooky
Yeah. I agree here.

---
Xdaamno in 17 wrote:
trumpezia wrote: The last point of Guardian's bulleted list gives me slight scummy vibes, but all the rest of his post leads me to believe him.
You couldn't elaborate any more than this?
Why did he need to?
Xdaamno in 17 wrote:
trumpezia wrote: I would like to point out that Xdaamno's post was rather content-less too, well I agree that random voting without content is bad, but if you are making a post anyway, you might as well stick in a random vote as well. In general, I feel Xdaamno was being a little bit too careful in his first post, which seemed scummy, but his second post feels much more townish.
... I made a joke, pointed out a *cough* mod error and them commented on the matter at hand. You are suggesting I was
too careful
?
Yeah, trumpieza, explain. CTD, why did you find Sarc's joking scummy but not Xdaamno's?
Xdaamno in 17 wrote:
trumpezia wrote: In general, I feel that I agree that we should not spam, nor random-vote, and we should take the theme of the game rather seriously.
Classic case of pretending to be the helpful guy. I thought it was be quite obvious we take a mafia game seriously.

Grasping; or, more specifically, pretending to be helpful.

FOS: Trumpezia

Actually, we need to kick start this game as soon as possible:

Vote: Trumpeiza

can't do any harm.
Why is it scummy when he does it but townlike when I do it?

---

Main Suspects:
Pooky. I didn't like the WIFOM or the vote.
MoS. Stop spamming.

Heightened Suspicion:
Sarcastro - explain your post.
Xdaamno - Some inconsistencies...

I definitely want clarifications from most people... Other than that I like how this game is progressing, more or less, we are getting some reasonable wagons and discussion going, just less spam and more content, and posts from those who have yet to show up, would be great.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:03 pm

I'm not spamming. The fact that you would make such an accusation just means that you aren't willing to take my posts seriously. I could've written those posts in a more serious manner and said the exact same thing, and you wouldn't have called it spamming, I bet. Excuse me if I think a light-hearted tone is a better way to start off a game.
Permanent V/LA.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:54 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Guardian wrote: Why is it scummy when he does it but townlike when I do it?
I never questioned your vote. I simply questioned your reasoning on your own defence.
Guardian wrote: Xdaamno - Some inconsistencies...
Despite making a post you mostly agreed with, I have a heightened suspiscion? And
only
because I was in a good mood at the time of writing my last post? If you wish to confirm my aggresive behaviour as universal, ther'll be evidence in a few other of my games where I made aggresive and usually logical posts at the same time.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by VitaminR »

I'm going to separate what I consider the important part of this post in bullet points from the side discussions for ease of reading.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'm not spamming. The fact that you would make such an accusation just means that you aren't willing to take my posts seriously. I could've written those posts in a more serious manner and said the exact same thing, and you wouldn't have called it spamming, I bet. Excuse me if I think a light-hearted tone is a better way to start off a game.
I think he's referring more to the fact that they are very short posts. Your first three posts could have easily been condensed into one and this one does not have enough content to justify a post (never mind the fact that it wouldn't even have been necessary if you had adjusted your playstyle from the start). You haven't commented on the Sarc - Albert wagon or any of the budding discussions that matter to the game. Right now, you're not really helping us.
  • I like CTD's post and I think he highlights accurately why Sarc's post was scummy.

• Inclined to see Albert as townieish for being willing to throw his vote around.

• I think trumpezia too easily lumps CTD and Albert together, but, in general, I agree with his post.

• I don't like Xdaamno's trumpezia vote. I fail to see why trumpezia is scummy for pointing out that spamming isn't helpful in this game, especially considering how many others have done the same. I thought your first post was careful too (the only thing you really contributed was that we should skip the random vote stage, seems a very safe contribution).
    FOS: Xdaamno

• I agree with most of Guardian's replies, but I'm not too keen on the targets he comes up with as a result of them. MoS is going to post short, one-topic posts (I don't even think he's going to take in the first bit of my post in any serious way) and I wouldn't be so quick to take it as an reliable determiner of his alignment. Similarly, Pooky always posts that kind of WIFOM. I'm not trying to argue for free passes, but those are things to keep in mind.
Also, I'd like to ask Guardian to be a bit more economical. You don't need to quote every post you're responding to, you don't need to respond to every post and you can lump some of your responses together. Long, content-filled posts are not any more conducive to a short game than short, contentless ones.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:49 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Hi, MoS has asked me to post in his games that he is having issues accessing the site. He has contacted Jeep, and they havent figured it out yet, so it could be a while until he can post again.

Mod, if you want to contact him about replacements, updates, etc, he can still run AIM, so he should be on there fairly regularly.

I will speak to MoS on AIM and see if he needs a replacement. If so, I have someone ready to replace in. In addition, if Coron and Rishi do not post by Tuesday, prods will be sent.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:59 am

Post by Xdaamno »

VitaminR wrote: I don't like Xdaamno's trumpezia vote. I fail to see why trumpezia is scummy for pointing out that spamming isn't helpful in this game, especially considering how many others have done the same.
Indeed many have, but I feel his was too late, and too blatant. This is a clear-cut case of pointing something out just for the sake of agreeing with everyone, in my opinion.

VitaminR wrote: I thought your first post was careful too (the only thing you really contributed was that we should skip the random vote stage, seems a very safe contribution). FOS: Xdaamno
Hm. I see your reasoning, but I have to ask you: Would it have been less suspiscious if I simply
provided a random vote?
Random votes get almost no flak, I was in the RV state of mind, and I elaborated slightly (Without repeating anything).

Fixed your tags.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:18 am

I have access again. Thanks to SSF for posting for me. That was weird, but it works now for some reason.
Yay!

VitR, I haven't felt the need to comment on either of those wagons. Even though it's technically not random voting, it carries about the same weight with me. It's so early in the game, I don't see either wagon as meaning anything to me.
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”