ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Mini 489: Short and Sweet Mafia - Game Over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:17 am

Post by ibaesha »

Ibby's in the middle of reading one of her typical favorite
Medeival Fantasy
novels. In Chapter 10, she discovers a small village, (if it could even be called that) that intrigues her. Sunnyflower Acres seems to be quaint, quiet place just off of the Symrian Passage, a road that stretches from the coast of the Riven Sea across the land to the Blackthorn Mountains. Something is amiss though and Ibby gets the feeling that this small village has more to it than meets the eye. As she reads on, she comes upon the Mapleleaf Tavern and learns about some of the folks in the village and takes note of a strange conversation about late night killings and criminal activity nearby on the Symrian Passage.

Hurry! You must find out who is responsible for the deaths that are causing a pall of darkness to fall over Sunnyflower Acres before Ibby finishes the book! She plans on getting a new one for her birthday, November 17th, so she'll have to be done with it by then. ;)

The Living!

Mastermind of Sin
CrashTextDummie
PookyTheMagicalBear
Guardian
Kinetic
rp. trumpezia

The Dead dead dead

LoudmouthLee, Commoner, shot N1
Cogito Ergo Sum
rp Sarcastro
, Bandit, lynched D1

Albert B. Rampage, Commoner, shot N2
Coron, Bandit, impaled N2

Xdaamno, Commoner, lynched D2
VitaminR, Bandit, impaled N3

Rishi, Knight, shot N3

To avoid whatever:
The Commoner Role PM wrote:You are a commoner. You wear boring brown and grey clothing and shoes that don't fit. Oh, yeah you don't have any special abilities because you're well... common. You do get to vote to lynch someone everyday, though. You win when there are no criminals left in the village.
Roles are out and it is now Night 1. (Yes, we're starting with a night.) Please PM me confirmation that you've received your role, along with any questions you may have about the game or your role, -and- your night 1 action, if you have one.
Day 1 begins at 6 am Pacific Standard Time, Thursday August 16th.
See next post for rules regarding night choice deadlines.
Last edited by ibaesha on Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:09 pm, edited 13 times in total.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:20 am

Post by ibaesha »

Please read the rules carefully, as there may be alterations from the standard sets of rules. Most of these rules have been stolen and edited from so many places that it would take too long to reference all of the sources. Special rules are high-lighted in blue.

Rules On what is Allowable:

[01] This is only a game, and I expect all players to remain somewhat civil (although I understand you are essentially a crazy, lynching mob). I will not accept excessive abuse upon freedom of speech: obscenity, profanity, libel, and fighting words will not be tolerated, and if you push it, Ibby (or maybe PJ, if I'm feeling generous) reserves the right to have you replaced. In other words, be respectful to all players, as well as myself and my co-mod.
[02] Do not talk outside of this thread, unless your role PM explicitly says you may do so, and even then, you are restricted to night-time for all out-of-thread conversation.
[03] Do not edit or delete your posts in any way, shape, or form. Once you have posted something, it is there for good, unless I find reason to alter or delete your post myself.
[04] Do not quote your role PMs in any way, shape, or form. This also applies to night conversations. You may, however, paraphrase your PM at any time, but if you go too far, I again reserve the right to either replace you or to modkill you should the situation warrant.
[05] Do not post in invisible text, excessively small text, or use [ color = black ] tags.
[06] You may request mod-prods, replacements, clarifications, and votecounts from me directly in the thread, but please precede such with a bolded
Mod: So-and-so
so that I will be able to answer you as promptly as possible.
[07] Once I have officially posted that you are dead, then
you are dead
. Do not post any relevant information to the game whatsoever. You are, however, allowed a typical “Bah!” post of some sort.
[08] You may talk during twilight about anything you wish.
[09] Do not question my decisions in-thread: if you have a problem with me, take it to Private Messages. You may, of course, post problems you see with my votecounts, but that’s about as far as I’ll allow things.
[10] Players who are deemed to be purposely spamming the thread for the purpose of making everybody lose due to the 20 page limit [see Technical Rule #4] will, at mod discretion, be replaced/modkilled and posts may be deleted.

[11]Do not post vote counts in blue – that is left for me and my co-mod to use to show that a vote count is official. Players who attempt to impersonate the mod will be punished.

[12] You are allowed to have fun, and in fact, I heartily encourage it! This is a game! Play hard, play fair, and enjoy yourself.

Technical Rules

[01] Each day the town must decide on a lynch. Once a majority has been reached on a player, that player will be lynched, regardless of any subsequent unvoting.
[02] To vote for somebody, please use bold tags. For example,
Vote: PJ the Maleficent
[03] If you wish to unvote, I would appreciate a formal bold
Unvote: Ibby the Magnificent
, although this will not be required.
[04] This game has a firm deadline of three months – once that time hits,
everybody
loses. Furthermore, the game has a firm page limit of 20 pages – go over this, and
everybody
loses. To give the town maximum posts, vote counts will be edited into each 25th post (the top of each regular page). Players are allowed to post their own vote counts, but
only post counts in blue
will be official.

[05] This game
will not
have any other deadlines whatsoever, except for nights. It is your job to set your own deadlines if you plan on finishing given days in a timely fashion.

[06] You may vote no-lynch if you wish. A majority voting for no-lynch will end the day, and the game will progress directly into night. To do this, simply
Vote: No-Lynch
[07] Nights will last a maximum of 4 real-time days. If you have not sent me a night-choice by that time (should you have one), for the first night of the game, I will randomize your choice. For all nights afterwards, I will consider you as choosing that you do not wish to use your action.
The faster you send in your night-choices, the faster the game can get back on-track.

[08] If you feel that you may not be able to post in-thread for a period of 48 hours or longer, please say so in-thread and send me a PM as warning. If I find it necessary, I will have you replaced, but I would much rather keep all players who sign up for any of my games.
[09] Any and all of these rules are subject to change at my discretion.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:19 am

Post by ibaesha »

Ibby picks up her book after a good night's sleep and begins to read about one of the residents of Sunnyflower Acres. As she reads along, she finds him moving quickly along Symrian Passage on his way home, cloaked in the velvet darkness of night. The sounds from the nocturnal critters of the forest bordering the passage filter through to his ears, putting him at ease, and he slows his pace a bit.

"Nearly home." he thinks as he yawns and gives a slight stretch. A second later, he feels a sharp pain in his torso and looks down to see an arrowhead sticking out of his chest. He gasps and glances around, his hands coming up to grip the arrow as he falls to his knees. Another arrow whispers through the air, then punches through the back of his neck. A darkness deeper than that of the night overcomes him and he falls to the ground, his lifeblood flowing steadily into a pool beneath him.

Horrified, Ibby reads on as the night passes into day and the villagers of Sunnyflower Acres come upon the body frozen in death on the road. Someone cries out, "Oh no! It's LoudmouthLee! This can't be! What could a simple commoner have done to deserve this?" Ibby blinks, then frowns and slams the book closed, and throws it viciously at her dresser.

LoudmouthLee, Commoner, killed Night 1

It is now Day 1.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:51 pm

Post by ibaesha »

You can't play mafia without posting. If you don't, I will. Get it?
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #115 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:37 am

Post by ibaesha »

I'm really not feeling well, so my apologies for the lack of a nice story to tell you about last night. I
might
add it in later.

Albert B. Rampage, Commoner, has been shot!

Coron, Bandit, has been impaled!

It is now day 2.

8 alive, 5 to lynch
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #174 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by ibaesha »

The Final Chapter

Under the cover of darkness, the bandit propped himself against the maple tree outside the tavern and waited. He knew his target would be one of the last to leave for the night. He watched as the villagers filtered from the tavern on their way home, still singing well-known tavern songs. Once he had been one of them, drinking ale and dancing with the tavern keeper's daughters, before heading home to his beaten down shack of a home. That small amount of amusement just hadn't been enough to keep him from making a deal with his friends, for profit. Even at the expense of the lives of people he'd known all his life. They were nothing to him now though, his closest friends had died at their hands, and he'd even seen them hang one of their own. He knew his chances of survival were slim, but at the very least, he'd see to it that one more would die at his hands. It was time. Near the last of the villagers had made their way down the path from the tavern. He knocked an arrow quietly, and aimed at the tavern door. He'd have to make a perfect shot if he was going to succeed.

One villager always waited until the rest had left the tavern before making his own exit. He generally chose one to follow each night, in hopes of either defending them from the bandits on the road or discovering if they were a bandit themselves. This habit had only proven to be useful once and he'd bloodied his sword, killing a bandit who had given himself away when he had snuck off into the woods. This night, he knew that there was a good chance he would be the one whose life was forfeit, so he left the tavern through the cellar containing a small unknown hatch-door that opened a short distance from the maple tree. As he lifted it, it made a horrid screech and he rolled his eyes. So much for an attempt at stealth, he should've known better anyways. He pulled himself through the opening anyways, making an even worse racket.

The bandit spun around at the noise nearby, and immediately took aim in the direction of the sound. It was difficult to see much in the darkness, the tavern lights had been extinquished. Even so, he was able to make out the large figure that seemed to be pulling itself out of the earth itself. "Ha", he thought. It was strange that his target hadn't left the tavern before lights out. "That big oaf thought he could fool me." Despite his inability to get the perfect shot as he had hoped, the bandit loosed an arrow at the figure as it stood upright. As he figured, the arrow penetrated, but didn't kill. He knocked another and took aim again. However, his hiding spot had been revealed and his intended victim was moving towards him at an alarming rate for someone so large.

The Knight looked down at the arrow sticking from his armor and took hold of it, breaking it off and tossed it to the ground. In the same fluid motion, he grasped his sword, unsheathing it and headed straight for the maple tree. He knew the bandit was hiding there somewhere, but it was difficult to see in the darkness. Another arrow pierced his coif, and he felt a sharp sting, but he never faltered as he bounded towards the tree. He glimpsed a slight movement as the bandit knocked another arrow. The Knight knew there was no way he'd make it to take his attacker at melee, before the bandit got another shot off so he raised his sword, pointed it at the bandit, and threw.

Just as his last arrow was set loose, the bandit was skewered by the heavy sword and pinned to the tree. He grasped the hilt of the sword sticking from his torso, but knew it was of no use. He coughed, then chuckled as his arrow pierced the Knight's eye, falling the large man instantly.

Rishi, Knight, has been shot

VitaminR, Bandit, has been impaled

The remaining villagers of Sunnyflower Acres are finally safe from the criminals and Ibby has finished her book!
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #175 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by ibaesha »

You are a commoner. You wear boring brown and grey clothing and shoes that don't fit. Oh, yeah you don't have any special abilities because you're well... common. You do get to vote to lynch someone everyday, though. You win when there are no criminals left in the village.

Guardian : Commoner
LoudmouthLee : Commoner
Albert B. Rampage : Commoner
trumpezia : Commoner
Xdaamno : Commoner
PookyTheMagicalBear : Commoner

Knight Role PM:
You are a Knight. You're shiny, at least your armor is. Your job is to protect the innocent by killing those who would harm them. Each night, you may choose to kill one person (not yourself). You win when there are no criminals left in the village.

Rishi : Knight

Bard Role PM:
You are a Bard. You may dress flambouyantly, but since you're just the entertainment, no-one notices you listening to their secrets. Each night you may choose to listen in one person's secrets. Doing so allows you to determine if they're a criminal or not! You win when there are no criminals left in the village.

Mastermind of Sin : Bard

Healer Role PM:
You are a Healer. Hanging off the belt of your simple white robes is a satchel that contains magical healing herbs. Each night, you may choose one person (not yourself) to apply your magical herbs to in hopes of saving them from death that night. You win when there are no criminals left in the village.

CrashTextDummie : Healer

Bandit Role PM:
You are a Bandit. Being a poor commoner wasn't much fun, afterall brown and grey clothing is just dull. In hopes to get some extra coinage, you and your bandit friends, X and X, have decided to start killing off the other villagers. Each night, you and your bandit friends may talk amongst yourselves and choose one person in the village to kill. You win when you kill everyone not a bandit and there is at least one of you left alive (or nothing can prevent the same).

VitaminR : Bandit
Coron : Bandit
Sarcastro : Bandit

Night 1 Choices:
CTD protects VitaminR
Rishi vigs no-one
MoS investigates Pooky
VitR kills LML

Night 2 Choices:
CTD protects MoS
Rishi Vigs Coron
MoS investigates Rishi
VitR kills Albert

Night 3 Choices:
CTD protects MoS
Rishi vigs VitR
MoS investigates Guardian
VitR kills Rishi
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #176 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Well, you guys finished the game in under
pages. Not bad at all, although there was some good vigging in there that shortened the game quite a bit.

There really was no reason at all not to play this game like any other from the start, which is what I think MoS was attempting to do. He got a lot of flack for it, but I think he understood the goal and purpose of this game better than most.

As for the set-up, it was very simple purposely because complicated set-ups and mechanics tend to make games take longer. There was some flavor to it though, because this was a theme game afterall.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #186 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:35 am

Post by ibaesha »

MoS's early posts basically said. "I'm a cop with an innocent on Pooky." If you go back and read them now and keep that in mind, you'll see they weren't mindless spamming at all. ;)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”