Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:11 am

Post by Zindaras »

I'm really rather amused by the fact that all the Cultist recruitings were unsuccesful. But that does make me wonder: why did the Cult claim gunsmiths with scum on Pookdele and GlorkoS if they could just as well have been town power roles?
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:18 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Victoire!

Lowell, always play for victory, no matter how slim the odds.

Djelibeybi, why did you claim cult? I'm confident you would've won if you hadn't.

Spec/kleb, who would've you have recruited N4?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:35 am

Post by Lowell »

Glork wrote:I'm not entirely sure I believe that explanation.

But either way, remind me never to play Mafia with you again.
Ha. Well I can't blame you I guess.

Not to pile on, but if MBL/PJ had either:
(1) NOT claimed Cult, or (2) claimed cult and then claimed ignorance as to what would happen with a town v. cult endgame, I would have
certainly
voted for CES, who I was far more suspicious of. MBL/PJ gave me an easy way out of the decision, so I took it. Ultimately I was completely taken in by your claim. I just didn't trust my own judgement.

That's how awesomeness works. :wink:

ps-
mod
, the links to the beginning of each day are wonderfully convenient, especially for replacements. Everyone should do it.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:37 am

Post by Zindaras »

I'm mainly enamored with links to the beginning of each day so I can analyze kill methods and lynch voting. Personally, I lynch to every specific death.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:37 am

Post by Zindaras »

EBWOP: Lynch=Link.

Too much Mafia.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

petroleumjelly wrote:I will not quote night conversation. However, here is how things went roughly in my mind:

Night One:
StD and Pablito are bickering with each other in-thread. I had considered using this as scum in order to draw an investigation towards me {since I figured we had some sort of investigation immunity}. This led me to believe Std/Pablito were doing something similar, and thus likely to be SK. I had them killed.

Night Two:
I actually don't quite remember how we came to decide on killing TSS/Yos2. Probably because TSS was suspicious of Glork, and we didn't want him to expand on those thoughts. Also, they were rather difficult for us to read, so better off with them dead.
I wanted TSS/Yos2 dead, actually.
Day Three:
I watch as Pooky-Adele do absolutely nothing to stop their lynch. I am thoroughly disgusted, especially since neither of them ever contributed to night discussion.

Night Three:
I told scum-buddies that Amb was very likely the SK/Vig, and that spec/kleb were likely a third Cop or a Cult Leader with a failed recruit. I wanted to kill spec/kleb. But Glork was worred about Thesp catching him. So once again, we do what was in the best interest of Glork.

Day Four:
I watch in exasperation as Glork-MoS follow in Pooky/Adele's footsteps. Neither of them had ever really contributed to night discussion either, except to suggest we kill people who were suspicious of
them
. How ironic that they get called out as scum by the very person I wanted to kill, and the best they can do is roll over and die. Once again, I am disgusted. Also at this point I become very ticked that I was given "high-profile" partners, since that greatly increases the chances that we will either be investigated, a cult recruit target, role-blocked, or killed by SK (since we couldn't be sure if we were dealing with SK or Vig).
Note that my first post that day was after Glrok had already claimed scum, there wasn't much I could do at that point except run interference and confuse everyone.
Permanent V/LA.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:29 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

I agree with Glork. You might be better off avoiding games with me in the future, there, Lowell.

Also, Lowell, you once again aren't thinking about the game from MBL/my perspective. We had to assume Worst Case Scenario: that there was a Cultist left. We decided that if anybody, it was going to be CES recruited on Night One [who would then direct spec/kleb to try to recruit Pooky/Adele on N2 and Glork/MoS on N3].

We were afraid that
CES
was going to claim cult, and use either:
1.) "Town can tie with cult"; or
2.) "There is still a X% chance I can recruit you, so vote PJ/MBL"

So in order to counter-act that, I claimed Cult before CES could, knowing that would necessarily make CES look like Mafia.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:16 am

Post by bird1111 »

Town actually won 0_0

I still blame Shadowlurker for our lynch :twisted:
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:29 am

Post by Skruffs »

I thought Lowell was a cult, and when PJ claimed cult I thought for sure he would be "O RLY? U WEREN'T @ TEH MEETING!" And lynch her for that. heh. I was wrong. >.>
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:30 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

<- Points to male sign in gender.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:36 am

Post by Lowell »

petroleumjelly wrote:Lowell, you once again aren't thinking about the game from MBL/my perspective. We had to assume Worst Case Scenario: that there was a Cultist left. We decided that if anybody, it was going to be CES recruited on Night One [who would then direct spec/kleb to try to recruit Pooky/Adele on N2 and Glork/MoS on N3].

We were afraid that
CES
was going to claim cult, and use either:
1.) "Town can tie with cult"; or
2.) "There is still a X% chance I can recruit you, so vote PJ/MBL"

So in order to counter-act that, I claimed Cult before CES could, knowing that would necessarily make CES look like Mafia.
That makes sense. Hadn't thought about it that way.
petroleumjelly wrote:I agree with Glork. You might be better off avoiding games with me in the future, there, Lowell.
Yeah, If I were you guys, I'd be scared of me, too.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:50 am

Post by Skruffs »

I thought you were a nun pj D:
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:57 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

My partner played a great game, with two exceptions. I think claiming scum is something that should just about NEVER be done, and I think there was enough reasonable doubt about 1-1-1 vs 2-1-0 remaining that we were better off claiming town to the end. I also think he made one post the previous day where he indicated he and I were talking EXTENSIVELY, and I think some people picked up on that.

But the key to appearing town is to make entirely pro-town actions, and PJ's earnestness in uncovering the cult was undeniable. In the end, I think we were clearly the towniest player left, and had the moral high ground to claim that to the end.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:24 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

You played a good game, but as scum one mistake can be enough.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:44 pm

Post by klebian »

I wanted to recruit CES
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:20 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I must note that I had a lot of fun playing after Glork basically claimed scum for us. The reactions of some of the players to my posts were absolutely hilarious.
Permanent V/LA.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

1. Was there anything I could have done to allow the game to run smoother, considering the site down time and number of replacements?

More prods. Nothing really could be done, maybe beg harder for replacements? I don't know.

2. What did you like about this game? I liked the mechanics. Having 2 heads was fun.

3. What didn't you like about this game? Being a cult. (nah, just kidding.)

4. Was the "Day X starts on this post" list in the first post useful? (Yes, I used it quite a bit.)

5. Was there ever a point when you thought one player was suspicious, but you didn't feel that way about his or her partner? (Yes.)

6. Was there ever a time you found your other head to be scummy? (No.)

7. Did having a partner affect your usual playing style? (Yes. Mainly it made me more hesitant to post without checking things over with my partner first. It also made me more conscious of what I posted. )

8. Did you enjoy having a partner, or did you see it as a hassle? (Loved it ^^)

9. Did you ever delay posting so you could check something over with your partner first? (Yes. Refer 7.)

10. How often did you talk to your partner during days? During nights? (During nights, a lot. During days, quite a bit.)

11. Any improvements you can suggest about modding in general? (I won't answer this because I know next to nuts about modding.)

I have to apologise to klebian for this one. I meant it when I said I didn't know what cults were. (except for what zindybuns told me, in a different game and we didn't mention this one at all.) I suggested our nightchoices, and my logic was getting scum. For some reason I thought cult would win if we got rid of scum, my bad. Possibly the first time in my life I was so accurate with scum-hunting.

Klebian did send in a night choice. It wasn't PJ.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Mod: can you post role pms up?
Blank.
Courk
Courk
Townie
Courk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:52 pm

Post by Courk »

(I only included one copy for each pair -- the names were merely switched depending on who got the PM)

MrBuddyLee, you are paired with petroleumjelly and you are the Mafia Godfather. Your fellow mafia scum are Glork/Mastermind of Sin and Adele/PookyTheMagicalBear. You can only talk to Glork/Mastermind of Sin and Adele/PookyTheMagicalBear at night, but you can talk to petroleumjelly at any time. As the Godfather, you have additional protection against other roles, but it's not full protection. Also, you and your other head are responsible for sending in the mafia choices. Each night I will need to know who the mafia are sending out to do the killing and who your target is. The mafia win when there are no other players left and there is at least 1 mafia alive.

Mastermind of Sin, you are paired with Glork and are mafia. Adele/PookyTheMagicalBear is your fellow mafia, and MrBuddyLee/petroleumjelly is your Godfather. You can only talk to MrBuddyLee/petroleumjelly and Adele/PookyTheMagicalBear at night, but can talk to Glork at any time. Your Godfather has additional protection against other roles, but it's not full protection. Your Godfather is responsible for sending in the mafia choices. Each night they will tell me who the mafia are sending out to do the killing and who your target is. The mafia win when there are no other players left and there is at least 1 mafia alive.

PookyTheMagicalBear, you are paired with Adele and are mafia. Glork/Mos is your fellow mafia, and MrBuddyLee/petroleumjelly is your Godfather. You can only talk to MrBuddyLee/petroleumjelly and Glork/Mos at night, but can talk to Adele at any time. Your Godfather has additional protection against other roles, but it's not full protection. Your Godfather is responsible for sending in the mafia choices. Each night they will tell me who the mafia are sending out to do the killing and who your target is. The mafia win when there are no other players left and there is at least 1 mafia alive.

-----

Pablito, you are paired with Save The Dragons. You two are a non-self-protecting doc. You may talk to each other at any time. Each night you may protect another player. You win with the town. The town wins if there are only pro-town players left alive.

DrippingGoofball, you are paired with Coron. You two are a cop. You may talk to each other at any time. Each night you may investigate another player. You win with the town. The town wins if there are only pro-town players left alive.

Fritzler, you are paired with ibaesha. You two are a cop. You may talk to each other at any time. Each night you may investigate another player. You win with the town. The town wins if there are only pro-town players left alive.

HyToFry, you are paired with Amb. You two are a vigilante. You may talk to each other at any time. Each night you may target another player to kill. You win with the town. The town wins if there are only pro-town players left alive.

Eon, you are paired with re2fan. You two are a roleblocker. You may talk to each other at any time. Each night you may target another player to block. You win with the town. The town wins if there are only pro-town players left alive.

spectrumvoid, you are paired with lordy. You two are a cult recruiter. You may talk to each other at any time. Each night you may target another player to attempt to recruit into your cult. Not all players are recruitable. You win when at least one cultist is alive and the cult has gained a majority of the town's votes. You may talk to the other cultists only at night.

TOWNIE A, you are paired with TOWNIE B. You two are a townie. You may talk to each other at any time. You win with the town. The town wins if there are only pro-town players left alive.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:43 pm

Post by pablito »

1. No answer
2. Liked the early activity plus knowing that my partner was innocent. It was nice to have the early comraderie with my partner.
3. The setup wasn't the best, and no one bothered to save the pablito
4. Very useful to have the day x starts on this post. Plus very useful to note when players replaced in.
5. lordy was extremely suspicious and SV wasn't as bad. Too bad no one followed us on that lynch.
6. Yes, we found each other to be scummy, but I think that was our inadvertent plan. It was not intentional to vote each other to draw fire. We just did it because we had nothing else to say at the time.
7. Oh yes, we reacted to each other. But it was very nice that my partner had the same suspicions as I did.
8. Having a partner gave me more gravitas than I usually do.
9. No, we talked and all, but mostly it was just to update each other. We talked enough in the beginning that we didn't need to clear things with each other. We already knew how to do things.
11. The setup was heavily town-favored, especially since cult was underpowered.
12. Well I think we chose to protect PJ/MBL that one night, so we were both on the wrong track anyway.

Overall, it was fun to play the game for the short time I was in the game. Also, I can empathize with the mafia for their loss but then again, they did choose to kill us for looking SKish when I really thought we looked fairly pro-town, so I really can't empathize with them.
Sup, later.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:09 am

Post by bird1111 »

Was there anything I could have done to allow the game to run smoother, considering the site down time and number of replacements?

I didn't pay a whole lot of attention, but from what I could tell, you did allright

What did you like about this game?

I liked the partner mechanizm, too bad I had a partner who also wasn't very skilled

What didn't you like about this game?

I didn't really have any dislikes about the game itself

Was the "Day X starts on this post" list in the first post useful?

I was lynched too early to use it

Was there ever a point when you thought one player was suspicious, but you didn't feel that way about his or her partner?

Not really

Was there ever a time you found your other head to be scummy?

Definitly

Did having a partner affect your usual playing style?

Yes, as it allowed me to make somewhat smarter decisions

Did you enjoy having a partner, or did you see it as a hassle?

I enjoyed it for the same reason as the previous question

Did you ever delay posting so you could check something over with your partner first?

As I've said before, yes

How often did you talk to your partner during days? During nights?

Was lynched before night, but I talked to Shadowlurker fairly often while we were alive

Any improvements you can suggest about modding in general?

Not that I can think of.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:43 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Pablito: About the underpowered cult, go look PJ's post.

I don't think the mod is to blame for the cult thing, it was just my stupidity.
Blank.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”