Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:10 am

Post by Lowell »

Hey all. Happy to be half of a player in this game.

As ever, I will read the thread and think of someone to vote for, unless the thread is boring, in which case I will only pretend to read and instead let sprontalic do all the talking (I was really just brought in as eye candy, anyway).
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:49 am

Post by Lowell »

I've been prodded. I'm still here, though I've been having trouble keeping up, what with everyone having 2 heads and whatnot.

I'll try to participate more. Again, sorry. For now, whatever sprontalic says goes. Listen to him, all ye little children.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:54 am

Post by Lowell »

I'm here.

Lurking like a mo'fo, but here.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:18 am

Post by Lowell »

vote coron/drippinggoofball
because sprontalic told me to. Lurking, going for lynches, etc.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:15 am

Post by Lowell »

I'm here. Still lurking, waiting to make my move....
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:08 am

Post by Lowell »

Mostly I'm still confused by the 2-headedness of everyone and trying to cover up for the fact that I can't keep track. Which I disguise as lurking.

I will take it as a compliment that I'm coming off as "scummy" as opposed to "lazy and delinquent". In fact I'd proudly wear that label if I didn't think my other head might be mad at me. So okay, I'll try to sort of look over things...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:42 am

Post by Lowell »

Wow, nice lynch everyone. Surprising.

I need to look back over yesterday and find out who was responsible for that find.

Also, I/we apologize for lurking. I for one am going to try to be more active now that the numbers are dwindling.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Lowell »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Vote: Lowell/Sprontalic

I'm a cop, I got them guilty about 60 seconds ago.
Uh, yikes! Umm, an insane cop maybe?

Is this a joke or are you being serious?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1044 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Lowell »

Odd question, but I've never played with a cult before.

I'd know if I were "converted", right?

Also, I PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE that I'll be more active, finally, in this game. RL got unexpectedly busy (I bought a house) recently. But I'm cool now...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:10 am

Post by Lowell »

I ask because I want to know that if I look for behavior changes in players between nights 1 and 2 or 2 and 3, it isn't a waste of my time...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1066 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:40 am

Post by Lowell »

petroleumjelly wrote:Lowell, how well did you read Wheel of Time Mafia?
Not well enough...

Ok sorry for the "ridiculous question", all. Just chill out. It was an honest question. And, if you're worried I'm trying to "play" you all by faking ignorance than (1) thanks for the credit, and (2) just IGNORE IT and move on. I'm not saying I need to be absolved here.

I'm still working on my read over the past few days. There's a lot of info to be had from yesterday's lynch, I'm sure, if only I can figure out what...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:07 am

Post by Lowell »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I'm going to go so far as to call this game right now, with 80% confidence:

CES: cult, recruited night one
Zindy: cult, recruited last night
nightson: scum
amb/pj/lowell: two townies and one vig/sk

Now we can discuss how to proceed.
I like this picture you've created for me, actually. It fits with what I've been suspecting.

I too very much would say that PJ is non-scum. His infatuation with cult leaders and "the numbers" makes me think he is likely to be the SK/vig.

I also have noticed a change of tone from Zind lateley, and I think being a recruited cultist fits as well as anything.

I would call CES scum rather than cult, but I'm not sure I know what the difference would look like, so whatever.

In any event, I'm very much up for a mass-claim. I don't know if it will help any, but any little info that could pull me out of the darkness here is okay by me.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1112 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:29 am

Post by Lowell »

Everything I'm reading here leads me to believe the town is screwed. And from the way some of the more vocal players are discussing it, I think that's almost taken for granted at this point. To be honest I'm not even sure what I should be trying to do anymore...

I guess the best chance is to lynch a cult member and hope the other (assuming there is one) is NKed by someone. Another question for people to make fun of me for: if the last cult member is NKed, do they still get to recruit someone that night?

I'll put an
fos zind
fos CES

I guess I'll be convinced to vote for one of the other at some point, unless someone gives me a reason not to.

Piecing together some of their last few posts, it looks like MBL/PJ are pretty happy being labelled SK/Vig. I took that interpretation from MBL's post 1089 and I don't have any reason to think it isn't true.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:08 am

Post by Lowell »

My other head is gone, but I also don't care. Having two heads sort of ruins one's social life.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1160 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:01 am

Post by Lowell »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Zind = cult.
PJ is totally mafia or SK.
I'll buy that. In my mind PJ has to be SK at this point.

I'm not confident enough in what's going on to hammer yet. Someone needs to tell me again why I should.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1169 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:11 am

Post by Lowell »

petroleumjelly wrote:Lowell, how about instead of us telling
you
whether or not you should do something, you actually read the game and decide for yourself? You've been playing in this game long enough that you should know what's going on by now.

For example, who do you think is mafia (since you leave this completely open in your post)?
Well there's my problem. I'm not sure if I know of any good way to determine the difference between "mafia" and "cult". It might as well be two mafias to me. I can read back to D1 and see if anyone, say, looked town then but not now. And that's not so precise.

The best thing I can do right now IS to ask these kind of questions. I need to see who I can connect to who, as weak a tactic as you may think that is. There is an SK, at least one mafia, and at least one cultist out there. That leaves, as best as I can tell (and others agree) at most one more townie. So, yeah, who is attacking who DOES make a difference to me.

There are five other players in this game, and together they constitute 3 distinct opposing factions... so, yeah, I suspect you all. We're past the point where we need to pretend that "getting bad guys" is the goal of the game. I need, as best as possible, to figure out exactly WHO is on WHAT SIDE.

Here's what I have:

I think that CES is guilty... of something. Some seem to say he's cult, which sounds fine with me since I can't tell the difference anyway.

PJ/MBL are the SK. I'm guessing all the "serious chats" between you are about how to proceed as you try to work out a way to endgame us all and pull off the upset. Whatever. The town clearly needs you for now to have any chance.

Zind, I guess I think he's cult. Just because. He seems different in this game than in others I've played, and that's as good a reason as any for me at this point. I don't know that there are many "tells" a converted cultist is going to give off.

Nightson and Amb. I don't really have much of an opinion on either. Other than to say I agree that one of them is town and the other isn't.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1195 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by Lowell »

Hell, I don't know anything.

I think I'm on board with lynching CES. I very much believe Amb's claim.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1221 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:33 am

Post by Lowell »

Wow am I ever being set up for a fall.

Very big
FOS CES
. The way you say "oh, well, the town is doomed, but clearly Lowell is the most suspicous" is opportunistic as hell.

A question. If its townie, cult, mafia remaining, wouldn't the cult and town tie if we kill the mafia? I thought only a cult leader could convert someone, and there woudn't be a nightkill.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:43 am

Post by Lowell »

hey look, a vote on CES.

I guess I'm not scum, after all. Good for me.

Here's another question for both. What makes you guys so sure its not SK, mafia, and townie (in which case, I agree I'm screwed)?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1226 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:52 am

Post by Lowell »

So can someone answer the question?

Just so you know, I'm obviously voting no lynch if I decide its me, SK and mafia. I'll let you game theory wizards figure it out.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1228 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:56 am

Post by Lowell »

simulpost.

So what happens if its town and cult left? A tie?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1230 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:16 am

Post by Lowell »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Vote: Djelibeybi
, as Lowell has proven himself not to be the final Mafia, as I expected.
Lowell wrote:Very big FOS CES. The way you say "oh, well, the town is doomed, but clearly Lowell is the most suspicous" is opportunistic as hell.
I have no idea what you're thinking about.
Yeah me neither. Sorry, all this stuff runs together. I misread a word somewhere.

Okay, well, I'm not ready to vote yet, but here's what I'm thinking, just so you guys will know.

Both of you are liars.

Reading through what has happened so far, I find it difficult to believe there isn't a cult remaining in this game. If there is, and if what PJ says is true, it really doesn't matter who I vote for. Last night screwed me.

My guess, currently, is that CES is scum and PJ/MBL is cult. Certainly, as a cult leader, the PJ/MBL team is one I would want to bring over as soon as possible.

Two things:

1) I am, of course, still willing to entertain the notion that there is another townie between you. I find it very unlikely, but I'll entertain it.

2) If there
isn't
another townie (more likely), I'll probaly vote with whoever I think is cult, if only because there might be a chance that the mod will end it in a draw.

Speaking of:
Mod
, to forward my question, can you tell us what would happen in a cult/town endgame? Or am I not allowed to ask that question?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1233 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Lowell »

Yep, that sounds about right.

I've always wanted to have a 50 page game come down to a coinflip. How does the dice function work?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1239 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:20 am

Post by Lowell »

Aren't you guys just too cute.

I'll do a quick reread through the game, just for kicks. Or skim, anyway. Whatever. This ending is ridiculous.

I'll vote by the end of the day.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1251 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by Lowell »

All right, I've made my decision.

CES is right that if I vote for him I give the town 0% chance of winning, and that if I believe there is even a 1% of CES being town I have a duty to vote for PJ/MBL to give us a chance.

However, I don't buy that there is any chance, on any level, that CES is town. So it comes down to who "deserves" it more, I guess.

For the record, I think both PJ/MBL and CES have played a GREAT game. Neither of you deserve to win more than the other. But:

1) It's true that the cult has been key in finding mafia. The hard run of not being able to convert anyone was definately a factor in finding the other scum.

2) I wasn't overwhelmed with the performances of glork/Mos or Adele/Pooky, but in hindsight they were in trouble when the cult leader accidentally discovered their alignment.

3) The sad part about this from the town's perspective is each opposing faction, Mafia and Cult, have been key in destroying the other.... though accidentally. And STILL we managed to lose.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1252 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by Lowell »

vote PJ/MBL

Congrats, scum, you win.

PJ, I appreciate what you were trying to do with your honesty, but I can't reward you just for that. I admire, on some level, that CES refuses to admit the obvious (his guilt), even in the face of overwhelming evidence. As well, I think he dodged some bullets in the past few nights and turned opinions around (particularly yesterday) when it seemed he was sure to be lynched.

Regardless, suffice it to say that this was a virtual coinflip, if not a literal one. Like I said, you both deserve to win more than I (or the town) does, so really either way will sit okay with me.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1273 (isolation #26) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:00 am

Post by Lowell »

HELL YEAH!!!!!! :D :lol: :D

:shock:

Okay I should come clean on this one...

I lied about my reasoning for that last vote. At first I actually DID flip a coin to decide who to vote for, so certain was I that CES was scum. It came up "CES", and I actually typed a post where I concede victory to the "cult".

However, before I sent it, I thought.... fuck it, I would look like the absolute dumbest, worst, most ridiculously foolish player ever to
intentionally
throw the game on the offchance that PJ
was
lying about being cult and CES was actually telling the truth. So I changed it and made up reasons to cover the fact that I was really just too insecure to be sure about CES' alignment.

Whatever. I'm fucking awesome at this game. In your face, scum. Go town.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1277 (isolation #27) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:35 am

Post by Lowell »

Glork wrote:I'm not entirely sure I believe that explanation.

But either way, remind me never to play Mafia with you again.
Ha. Well I can't blame you I guess.

Not to pile on, but if MBL/PJ had either:
(1) NOT claimed Cult, or (2) claimed cult and then claimed ignorance as to what would happen with a town v. cult endgame, I would have
certainly
voted for CES, who I was far more suspicious of. MBL/PJ gave me an easy way out of the decision, so I took it. Ultimately I was completely taken in by your claim. I just didn't trust my own judgement.

That's how awesomeness works. :wink:

ps-
mod
, the links to the beginning of each day are wonderfully convenient, especially for replacements. Everyone should do it.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1285 (isolation #28) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:36 am

Post by Lowell »

petroleumjelly wrote:Lowell, you once again aren't thinking about the game from MBL/my perspective. We had to assume Worst Case Scenario: that there was a Cultist left. We decided that if anybody, it was going to be CES recruited on Night One [who would then direct spec/kleb to try to recruit Pooky/Adele on N2 and Glork/MoS on N3].

We were afraid that
CES
was going to claim cult, and use either:
1.) "Town can tie with cult"; or
2.) "There is still a X% chance I can recruit you, so vote PJ/MBL"

So in order to counter-act that, I claimed Cult before CES could, knowing that would necessarily make CES look like Mafia.
That makes sense. Hadn't thought about it that way.
petroleumjelly wrote:I agree with Glork. You might be better off avoiding games with me in the future, there, Lowell.
Yeah, If I were you guys, I'd be scared of me, too.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”