mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:29 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

You all awaken. Nobody has died.

With 5 alive it will take 3 to lynch. Day 5 starts now.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by Vyolynce »

Hmm. So much for that idea.

Now
what do we do?
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. -- Terry Pratchett, [u]Lords and Ladies[/u]
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:39 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I think with metagaming in mind, we should lynch AniX. But it's really all just guess work now and it's a weak hunch at best.

I hate cults.
Quig
Quig
Townie
Quig
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:08 pm

Post by Quig »

I think that lynching Llyod might work since then there will be no possible violence. Therefore,
Vote: Lloyd
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:55 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Quig wrote:I think that lynching Llyod might work since then there will be no possible violence. Therefore,
Vote: Lloyd
Certainly an interesting hypothesis...

Unfortunately, I don't think that's the way to go just yet. Losing Lloyd will only make the game go longer if the "non violence" thing doesn't pan out, as we'd basically be stuck with four vanilla roles trying to figure out which one(s) needs to go without having any real information -- starting over at Day One, in some ways. That doesn't sound like something I want to put up with at this point, but we're really not too far removed from that situation right now, either.

I'm curious to hear more about why Sotty thinks AniX should go, though. She said it was a weak hunch at best, but there aren't a lot of discussion points right now.

Throw me in on the "I hate cults" bandwagon, though. :evil:
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. -- Terry Pratchett, [u]Lords and Ladies[/u]
Quig
Quig
Townie
Quig
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:29 am

Post by Quig »

Unvote: Lloyd
. You have a good point there. Maybe Llyod we should vote for people who aren't clean. So far I know I am not part of the cult and I believe Lloyd isn't part of the cult as he would proberley lose his vigilante power. Now that leaves Sotty7, Vyolynce and Anix. I believe Vyolyne at the moment so think we should
Vote: Anix
and Lloyd kill Sotty7 tonight. Then we can Lynch Vyolyne. Unless Lloyd is a serial killer.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:16 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I wrote:I suggest AniX for vigging because he's a likely night one recruit for BM, but I base that on other games and the way the two interact. Of course it's a shoddy reason and completely WIFOM so I'm open to other suggestions.
So yeah....it's real weak and even thinking about it, wouldn't BM pick a less obvious recruit? Basically I'm at a loss. Quig's idea of lynching Anix and killing me is fine by me seeing as we might win once we lynch Anix. The only thing that makes me uneasy about the suggestion is that Quig wants to get rid of two possible townies leaving the town in a bad position tomorrow.

If we put Lloyd to one side it's between AniX, Vyolynce and myself, seeing as Quig cannot be recruited. So if we work down that list we should win. Unless Lloyd has be recruited AND can keep his vig powers...that would suck.

I feel like lynching Vyolynce first though, for old times sake... :twisted:
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:38 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Sotty7 wrote:seeing as Quig cannot be recruited.
Holy crap, I forgot all about that. :shock:

Something else I forgot about: did we still want to test my claim? If so, we'll need a volunteer to take the hit...
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:51 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Vyolynce wrote:Something else I forgot about: did we still want to test my claim? If so, we'll need a volunteer to take the hit...
We don't really need to test your claim I don't think. Just need to find the cult
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:07 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Right, that's what I was thinking too; just wanted to make sure.

Then I guess the only question left is whether or not we think there's a chance that Lloyd might be SK instead of vig and/or if he could still kill after being recruited.

If not then we should just get this over with.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:19 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Vyolynce wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:seeing as Quig cannot be recruited.
Holy crap, I forgot all about that. :shock:
We haven't discussed the possibility of:

Quig's role is recruitable. Not only that, BrianMcQueso recruited Akonos / Quig on Nights 1 or 2.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:26 am

Post by Sotty7 »

It would make sense that Quig's role would be immune to recruitment. I say we work down the list of three: AniX, Vyolynce and myself

Vote: AniX
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:17 pm

Post by Lloyd »

After AniX and Vyolence, why would you want us to eliminate yourself next (as opposed to going after Quig or I)?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:01 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Sotty7 wrote: If we put Lloyd to one side it's between AniX, Vyolynce and myself, seeing as Quig cannot be recruited. So if we work down that list we should win. Unless Lloyd has be recruited AND can keep his vig powers...that would suck.

I feel like lynching Vyolynce first though, for old times sake... :twisted:
Here is my reasoning. I know there is a chance that I could have been recruited even though I
know
wasn't. Just because I know my innocence I don't expect anyone else to, that's why I am included on the list.

I think Quig is immune and you were acting too scummy to be a likely recruit in the first two days. Plus you still have your vig powers, I'd think if you were now cult they would have been stripped from you. Unless your actually an SK like I said before.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:30 pm

Post by Lloyd »

mikeburnfire,

Can you give AniX a prod? Thanks.

AniX,

Do you have anything to say for yourself?

You haven't posted here since post 195 on Monday, March 27th, but you have actively posted on other parts of mafiascum.net.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:55 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Day 5 - Vote count, Powered by the Count-Counter 2000

AniX- 2 (Quig, Sotty7)
Not voting (3): AniX, Lloyd, Vyolynce
3 to lynch.

AniX has been prodded
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:20 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Quig wrote:I believe Lloyd isn't part of the cult as he would proberley lose his vigilante power
Sotty7 wrote:Unless Lloyd has be recruited AND can keep his vig powers...that would suck.
Sotty7 wrote:Plus you still have your vig powers, I'd think if you were now cult they would have been stripped from you.
What made the two of you hypotheize that cult members would lose powers?

Could you elaborate?

Thanks in advance.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:56 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Mainly though other games I've read. Mainly because it would over power the cult. I guess it can't be completely out of the question and it's never good to try and out guess the mod.

Are you trying to suggest that you are in fact culted?
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:10 pm

Post by Lloyd »

I am not in a cult. I am still a pro-town vigilante.

I was re-reading Luis Sera's entry in Wikipedia. It says that Luis Sera was implanted with a Plaga parasite, until Ada Wong saved him.

I also noticed that you and Quig came to the same hypotheses about cult members possibly losing powers. I was thinking bout the possibility that you and Quig are in a cult.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:12 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Sotty7 wrote:Mainly though other games I've read.
Could you provide names and links to the other games that you've read?

I'd like to read them, to find out how those games end.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:20 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Vyolynce (209) wrote:Then I guess the only question left is whether or not we think there's a chance that Lloyd might be SK instead of vig and/or if he could still kill after being recruited.
Nobody cares whether or not Lloyd is really an SK? Or do the rest of you just not think that this could be the case?

It occurs to me that we really don't really know if there actually
are
any cultists running around. Yes, the assumption is that BMQ's recruitment attempts had to have been successful at least once, but what if he wasn't? He could have tried to recruit Akonas/Quig (I support the theory that he is immune), Kelly Chen, or Glork on those nights, or even someone protected by Quig (Lloyd and Sotty on nights one and two, respectively, but not on the reciprocal cases). There's no guarantee that an attempted mafia rectuitment would result in his death; it could just come up as a failure (and he'd know who the scum are).

In that case, lynching Lloyd might be what we have to do. I know I argued against it earlier, but unless Sotty's really putting herself -- and any potential cult-mates! -- on the line with her "AniX, Vyolynce, Sotty" game plan I really don't see another choice. I had forgotten that Quig was in all liklihood immune to recruitment when I put forth my "back to Day One" argument earlier (204). With Quig assumed clean, we should have the information we need to either put this one away or at least reduce it to a 1:1 draw.

vote: Lloyd
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:38 am

Post by Lloyd »

Vyolynce wrote:Or do the rest of you just not think that this could be the case?
I'm not a serial killer.

To re-iterate reasons that you and Sotty7 wrote earlier:

Post 108 by Vyolynce - "if I were to put an SK in this game, the MO would be chainsaw."

Post 163 by Sotty7 - "I'm also starting to think that an SK may be out of the question here seeing as we have two groups of bad guys already."

I don't think we have a serial killer. Otherwise, you (Doctor) or I (Vigilante) would be dead by now, and there would have been more kills.
Vyolence wrote:He could have tried to recruit Akonas/Quig (I support the theory that he is immune), Kelly Chen, or Glork on those nights, or even someone protected by Quig (Lloyd and Sotty on nights one and two, respectively, but not on the reciprocal cases). There's no guarantee that an attempted mafia rectuitment would result in his death; it could just come up as a failure (and he'd know who the scum are).
If BrianMcQueso knew Glork was a scum, I think he would have hinted at an informational role to get Glork lynched, and gain our confidence.

Instead, BrianMcQueso casted the 5th vote on DeadRikimaru.
Vyolynce wrote:reduce it to a 1:1 draw
A 1:1 draw would probably result in a loss for us. In other games, cults typically win by controlling 50% or more of the town.
Vyolynce wrote:vote: Lloyd
By accusing me now, and voting for me...I am 90% eliminating the possibilty that you and AniX are in the same cult.
Sotty7 wrote:
Vyolynce wrote:Something else I forgot about: did we still want to test my claim? If so, we'll need a volunteer to take the hit...
We don't really need to test your claim I don't think. Just need to find the cult
Vyolynce, I would like to test your doctor claim tonight. Who will you be protecting?
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:07 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Lloyd wrote:Vyolynce, I would like to test your doctor claim tonight. Who will you be protecting?
That would depend on who we lynch today, if anyone.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:39 pm

Post by Lloyd »

My gut feeling based on AniX's posts in non-mafia games...

It seems like AniX would be more likely than anyone else remaining, to keep this game stalled as a cult member, while actively posting elsewhere...

AniX, did you receive mikeburnfire's prod yet?

Scully sighting!

Scully sighting!

...maybe it'll draw AniX's attention to post here :)
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:33 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Holy bump past locked threads, Batman!

Paging AniX to Mini 293...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”