Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:18 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Sotty7 wrote:
Vote:Vyolynce

Just cause...
That hurts. It really does.

Not entirely undeserved (or indeed, unexpected), but it still hurts. ;)

I suppose I could OMGUS that, but I instead will take the higher ground and let the whims of fate choose my vote...

Original Roll String: 1d9
1 9-Sided Dice: (6) = 6
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. -- Terry Pratchett, [u]Lords and Ladies[/u]
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:19 am

Post by Vyolynce »

vote: Glork
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. -- Terry Pratchett, [u]Lords and Ladies[/u]
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:30 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Personally, I think DR's being
waaaaaay
too defensive in response to a second vote. He's up to three now, halfway to lynch.

On the other hand, the argument being put forth from Glork and Cenotaph is weak at best.

I think I'll leave my vote on Glork now and see how this develops, but
FOS: Dead Rikimaru
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:39 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Glork wrote:Of course my argument is weak, Vyolence. We're on Page Two of the game. :P
Glork wrote:Guys, we should really kill Dead Rikimaru. Seriously, he's the right lynch today.
Make up your mind. Is your argument weak or is he the right lynch today?
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:56 am

Post by Vyolynce »

If he's going to jump on DR for semantics, he should expect the same fine-toothed scrutiny of what he types in return.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:07 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Agreed, and nice shot.

vote: Glork
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:08 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Der Hammer wrote:I dont think your allowed to actually vote for yourself. Since everyone else is claiming Im gonna do it as well. Im the towns Vigilante so I coming forward to offer a clear target or try and save someone more important
Make up your mind.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:46 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Curious.

Glork claims to have knifed CDT night one. Someone shotgunned Kelly on that same night, presumably the same person who shot BmQ last night (same M.O., at any rate).

There were no other deaths last night, which hints strongly at some sort of preventative role (doc, blocker, whatever). We know there was at least one Mafia due to Kelly Chen's role, and Glork claims to be the only other member of it.

I don't believe that there is more than one mafia. If there is, then either whoever is doing the shotgunning is a part of it and doing a very poor job of picking targets or else we have
two
protective/preventative roles and thus still in good shape.

I say we continue with the Glork lynch and see how tonight shakes out. If he's telling the truth, then we may have eliminated all of the killing scum in record time (unless our shotgunner is SK and not vig), leaving just whomever BmQ recruited in the last two nights.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:08 am

Post by Vyolynce »

So what you're asking us to believe is that, in a 12-person mini, there were two mafias -- one of which had only a leader (leading whom, one would well ask) --
and
a cult.

While it would tie in amusingly to the "survival horror" theme, somehow I doubt the town was that outnumbered.

And you're clutching at straws.

(Philosophical aside: Is a one-person mafia still "a mafia"? Aren't they just an SK at that point?)
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:15 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Glork wrote:
Vyolynce wrote:So what you're asking us to believe is that, in a 12-person mini, there were two mafias -- one of which had only a leader (leading whom, one would well ask) --
and
a cult.
That's exactly what I'm saying. I have no reason to lie to you about scumgroups that aren't related to me. There are likely two more mafiates in this game. I suspect that those two mafiates are you and Lloyd.
You have every reason to lie about every/anything, because it's the only possible chance you have to survive today after claiming cop yesterday and leading the town to a townie lynch/suicide.

Glork wrote:
(Philosophical aside: Is a one-person mafia still "a mafia"? Aren't they just an SK at that point?)
Yes, if anything, I'm closest to being an SK. But Mercenary != SK. Like I said, I basically do what I will, so long as it'll help me survive.
Wasn't referring to you. Was referring to Kelly chen and your bizarre claim that a "Mafia Leader" was the
only member
in the mafia you joined at the start of the game.

Apparently, though, I suck at living. :(
To paraphrase a recent volkswagon commercial: "You're definitely sucking".

And you're at 4 votes, one away from lynch.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:10 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Der Hammer wrote:Read back a few pages for the key details but It looks as if there is a SK left with his shotgun or 1/ Mafia/Cult members hanging around.
There should be two cult members running around, unless CDT was BMQ's target on Night One (possible, but unlikely).

The shotgunner is either SK or vig, and I think at this point it's best if he just keeps doing what he's doing unless someone has a reason to suggest otherwise. I'm 99% sure that his kills are the only non-lynch deaths we'll see for the rest of the game, so without him "helping out" it's all guesswork as we try to ferret out the cultists.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:02 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Der Hammer wrote:We are not 100% that only the Cult Leader could convert
Interesting. This is my first game with a Cult; does the "most senior" member generally inherit recruiting duties if the leader dies?

The only "lead" we have is Glorks dying shout that Vyolynce is in the Shotgunning mafia. What does everyone else think about this....I think its our best shout for a lynch unless someone comes up with something better.
I think that Glork was a mafia scumbag who was grasping at straws to prevent the slam-dunk lynch against him. Believe anything he said at your own risk.

However, I wasn't the only one he mentioned. He also named Lloyd (post 88 ), whose total contribution to the game thus far is as follows in its entirety (but un-bolded to avoid mod confusion):
Lloyd (46) wrote:vote: Glork
Lloyd (52) wrote:unvote

vote: Dead Rikimaru
Lloyd (97) wrote:vote: Glork
Either he has some sort of posting restriction or he's being awfully lurky.

vote: Lloyd
and let's see which it is.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:37 am

Post by Vyolynce »

He also claimed "farming townie".

Also, the OP said that there are no Zombies in RE4; I don't know a lot about the game (survival horror isn't my thing, sadly), but if I were to put an SK in this game, the MO would be chainsaw.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:33 am

Post by Vyolynce »

I don't know why, but for some reason that actually makes sense. Doesn't mean that a LAL won't be invoked to lynch you fairly soon, but it does at least delay the inevitable until we get some more info.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:11 am

Post by Vyolynce »

unnvote

That's pretty much what I was looking for, both from you and from whoever was going to claim responsibility for the shotgunning.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:14 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Also, the reason for only your kill on Night 2 has to be for one of two reasons:

1) DH's gambit payed off and a doc protected him from Glork as claimed

or

2) Someone roleblocked Glork that night

No other kill last night, with Glork dead, means that either our protective roles are
awesome
guessers or there are no more non-vig killing roles. As I have stated, I believe it's the latter.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:11 am

Post by Vyolynce »

So we have someone claiming to be a vig and someone claiming to be immune to nightkills (a doctor, at that).

Why do I like the idea of having Lloyd shoot Quig tonight as a test of both?

Oh, right, because a
nightkill-immune
doc seems outrageously powerful: what would prevent such a role from claiming Day One and driving the scum crazy?
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:11 am

Post by Vyolynce »

First of all, DH, you're going to want to bold that vote for AniX if you want it to count.

Secondly:
Der Hammer wrote: 1) Quig dies - Is Mafia
Clearly no one but Quig would have a problem with that outcome.

2) Quig dies - Was Doc but read his role wrong and we lost our Doc
How useful could a doc be right now? If I'm right about there not being any other killing roles but Lloyd*, then what pupose does a doc serve at this point? Cult recruitment isn't killing, right? So a doc shouldn't be able to do much about it.

However
, if Quig isn't really a doc (as most players think of one) but instead capable of
curing
cult recruitment (given the theme and the character he claimed, this is a possibility), then we
might
have a problem. This is why I haven't actually voted for him or anything.

3) Nothing happens - Lloyd is lying or claims the Roleblocker stopped him or Quig is truly immune from Night Kills
If Lloyd is lying then whoever is really Leon (and/or the shotgunner) will simply kill him tonight (as you suggested). Lloyd would have no reason to lie about being blocked, as the roleblocker (if one exists) would have no reason to block him during this experiment -- the RB in question can't be scum or else you'd be dead right now, assuming we believe that Glork tried to kill you and that Quig didn't protect you.

*Some further discussion on this subject...

This game started with twelve people. Two of them are now confirmed as being mafia (including a "leader") and one was a cult leader; we've also seen a cop and one vanilla townie. There hasn't been any evidence of an SK other than our claimed vig. What other killing roles could be out there?

1) A second mafia group, as suggested by known-scum-facing-imminent-lynch Glork. This would require at least two more people to be scum, yes? Five out of twelve anti-town roles, with one recruiting more instead of killing? That seems like way too many scum for a game this size: a successful recruitment by BMQ and a successful hit by both mafia on Night One would have resulted in six scum being alive to with only
four
pro-town roles left; even with a lucky vig shot like we got, that's still five anti-town versus four pro-town
on Day One
. In addition, for this scenario to be true there would actually have to be four rival factions (two mafia, one cult, and the town), and I don't think a twelve-player game can support that.

or

2) A third member of the Kelly/Glork mafia. A possible choice, but not one I'm going to believe until I either personally see two deaths in one night again and/or a
mafia
role upon someone's death.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:28 pm

Post by Vyolynce »

If we're wrong, then our cult-whacking job just got a lot harder.

Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #19) » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:03 am

Post by Vyolynce »

unvote

I re-voted Lloyd due to the head-scratcher of not shooting Der Hammer after his late claim, but I like the explanation above. I think posting a list of possible remaining roles was a mistake, however.

For now, I'll come forth with my role name. I am the woman in red, Ada Wong. Since it is not listed on the Wiki page for her (and thus a detail that anyone could know), I will also mention that my role power involves my grappling hook, and that I am the reason Der Hammer wasn't killed (or that his ability killed anyone else) on Night 2. I don't want to formally claim my role just yet, but I will after we get some details out of Quig.

On a personal note, if Sotty's next post doesn't contain a vote for me after she reads that, I'll be very surprised. :P
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:03 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Quig wrote:Ok, I had a look at my role and I don't think I'm immune to night kills. It says I can protect people against certain attacks and I am immune to certain attacks. I have never played a resi evil so I don't know what that means. It does sound like something could kill us. Maybe I can prevent cult attacks and zombifying because I don't think anyone could be saved from Shotgun Fire. For now I will
unvote
So it doesn't mention being able to cure anything? Hmmm.

Too bad we don't have a culted volunteer to test that.

Oh, and as far as saving from shutgun blasts goes? I can do that, since I grapple them to safety: Ada Wong is a doctor for the purposes of this game. I'm the one responsible for Der Hammer not being killed (or in his case, killing instead) on Night Two, unless Glork never really tried to kill him, in which case I did nothing relevant.

This is why I was so suspicious about Quig's claim (well, that and the "un-nightkillable" thing). But if he's the "cult" doctor and I'm the "kill" doctor then I guess that works out. Would you care to reveal your night choices, Quig, so we know who's clean?

(Now Sotty
really
will want me dead...)
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:46 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Quig wrote:Night 1 I covered Lloyd and Night 2 I covered sotty7. Night 3 I covered Der Hammer.
Thanks, but while I was at lunch I realized that this information really doesn't help us, as BMQ could have hit Sotty Night 1 and Lloyd Night 2 and no one would ever know. :\
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:49 am

Post by Vyolynce »

I think you missed a post or two while typing, Sotty. Mostly Quig suggesting mass claim and my clarification as doc. Also:

Sotty7 wrote:Der Hammer – Name claim already!
Der Hammer (129) wrote:I have admitted I know nothing about the Resident Evil series in general but my role is HUNK (Mr Death). If targetted by a non town role I survive the first time and that persons neck is broken.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:49 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Curses! Foiled by BBcode!
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:17 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Lloyd wrote:Vyolynce,

Do you have an investigative ability of finding out whether Sotty7, Anix, or no one, is Ashley Graham?
Vyolynce (133) wrote:Oh, and as far as saving from shutgun blasts goes? I can do that, since I grapple them to safety: Ada Wong is a doctor for the purposes of this game. I'm the one responsible for Der Hammer not being killed (or in his case, killing instead) on Night Two, unless Glork never really tried to kill him, in which case I did nothing relevant.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #25) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:26 pm

Post by Vyolynce »

Lloyd wrote:If so, I would like to proxy my vote to Vyolynce in my absence.

Proxy to Vyolynce
Wow. :shock:

Hopefully it won't come to that, although the vote of confidence is welcomed.

Waiting for AniX to catch up and make a contribution.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #26) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:06 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Sotty7 wrote:Vyolynce – I don't believed you put out all of your night choices as I could only find you saying that you protected Der Hammer – night 2. I'd like to know who you protected night one and three please.
Heh. On Night One I saw my role and felt guilty after my fake claim in Mini249, so I protected you. :)

Night Three I didn't submit a choice; I wanted to see if there was really a killing group left other than the shotgunner.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #27) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:11 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Der Hammer wrote:if he attacks me he dies as well because of my role so im asking for some protection from both docs.
I thought your one-shot kill reflection was only if you were targeted by a non-town killing role.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #28) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:45 am

Post by Vyolynce »

I'm fine with all of that. Really, Lloyd can continue with his own vigging choices as far as I'm concerned. Hard to argue with his luck/results. :)

What I'd really like to know is if Luis Sera (Quig) can cure cult recruitment. He hasn't mentioned it (if he even knows), but it seems like a potential possibility.

Also, you missed one claimed action:

Night 2
Kills

Brian McQueso
Blasted to bits – Lloyd's kill
Cult leader

Claimed night actions

Vyolynce – protected Der Hammer
Quig – protected Sotty7
Glork - kill Der Hammer
(post 88 )

Granted, he had every reason to lie about that, but it was still out there.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #29) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:29 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Sotty7 wrote:Yeah if Quig can confirm/deny if he has the ability to cure the cult that would be good.

The reason I suggested that Der Hammer be lynched and not vigged is because of the possibility that he might kill Lloyd as someone trying to kill you certainly isn't a Friendly role.

At this point Lloyd is just as likely to shoot a pro-town role as he is a cult member.
Statisticaly
he's actually
more
likely to hit an innocent, assuming no more recruitment since BMQ's death. Under that assumption (which I'll address later), there are no more than two cultists running around somewhere within the choices of two vanilla townies, two claimed docs, Der Hammer's "HUNK", and Lloyd himself (as vig). That's two real targets -- possibly only one -- out of a potential five (assuming Lloyd isn't cult himself).

So basically, here are our choices as I see them, and under the assumptions of no more recruitment and no other killing roles but Lloyd (and DH if you want to be picky):

1) Lynch someone other than Lloyd and let him vig as he sees fit. Total of two deaths (one of which could still be Lloyd if DH is left alive and telling the truth AND Lloyd is killed for targeting him). Could potentially lead to two cultists vs. two townies on Day Four if both "miss"; not sure if that would be considered endgame in this scenario. OTOH, we could get lucky like we have been and lynch one cultist and watch Lloyd shotgun the other tonight, but I don't like the odds of that.

2) Lynch Lloyd. I fail to see what this will accomplish other than turning the game into a perpetual "Day One", as we will have most likely lost the only remaining role that could provide night-action information.

3) No-lynch, let Lloyd vig whomever he wants. Same as option one, but guarantees that there will be three pro-town roles alive on Day Four insted of the chance of two.

Unfortunately, none of these options seems particularly appealing to me. We have absolutely no way of knowing who is cult and who is not, and I'll be damned if I can even think of a way to
deduce
this if all six of us left standing started off as being pro-town. The best I can come up with is that Quig is most likley non-recruited if that's the night-immunity he mentioned. Everyone else is pretty much equally likely to be recruited, including me; Lloyd and Sotty get a
slightly
lower chance due to Quig's claimed protection, but that's not very comforting since the odds are good that BMQ never had his recruitments blocked. We do know that no other cultists have been killed, as Kelly Chen (Mafia Leader) was most likely immune and none of the other kills/lynches have had it mentioned in their deaths.

If the cult can still recruit without BMQ then things really get sticky. However, being able to do so would make them nearly
unstoppable
unless Quig can cure recruitment. For every one we manage to kill, they still would have had a chance at recruiting another -- including people already "cleared" -- thanks to the game starting at night.

On that subject, the reason you're still being suspected DH, is that we don't know if Quig can "cure" at all. You could have been recruited on Night One (as could anyone but Lloyd) or Two (as could anyone but Sotty) and no one would know.

I'm totally at a loss here. :(
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #30) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:50 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Sotty7 wrote:I'm thinking perhaps no lynching and seeing what Lloyd's vigging turns up, if anything.
I think that's the best play. At the very least, it maximizes the number of pro-town people left standing.

I'll get the ball rolling, since I was the first to actually put it forward as an option.

(my)
vote: no lynch

I won't cast a proxy vote for Lloyd, since he should be back soon.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #31) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:11 pm

Post by Vyolynce »

Lloyd wrote:* Quig, who did you cure last night?

If the game is still not over after you cure everyone, then we eventually lynch you?
We don't know if Quig can actually cure anyone. He could just be a doc that
prevents
recruitment. Unless someone
was
cured and wants to speak up (preferably before Quig gives his target)?

* Vyolynce, how about if you protect Sotty7 tonight?

Tonight, you'll protect Sotty7 while I try to shoot her.

If Sotty7 lives tomorrow, then it should confirm your doctor claim. Otherwise, we lynch you tomorrow?
Sure, but are we going to lynch anyone first? I would guess that we aren't, but I want to make sure. Under the current plan, I think AniX is the only "expendible" role -- or we could lynch Sotty and I can protect AniX, either way. The point is that we need Lloyd and Quig, while I'm pretty much useless right now. :?
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #32) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:10 am

Post by Vyolynce »

I say we give the "no violence" thing a try before we go with the "no Vyolynce" thing, but that's just acting out of self-preservation. ;)

I'll support another
vote: no-lynch
. I'd still like to hear from Quig and/or any cult member that might have been cured by him, but AniX is the only one left who could make such a claim.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #33) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:42 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Lloyd wrote:* Quig, I'm surprised that you didn't target anyone last night. How come?

* Vyolynce, who was your choice last night?
I had no choice last night. I know that you're the only killing role left now, so it seemed kinda pointless. I might as well be a vanilla townie at this point.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #34) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by Vyolynce »

Hmm. So much for that idea.

Now
what do we do?
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #35) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:55 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Quig wrote:I think that lynching Llyod might work since then there will be no possible violence. Therefore,
Vote: Lloyd
Certainly an interesting hypothesis...

Unfortunately, I don't think that's the way to go just yet. Losing Lloyd will only make the game go longer if the "non violence" thing doesn't pan out, as we'd basically be stuck with four vanilla roles trying to figure out which one(s) needs to go without having any real information -- starting over at Day One, in some ways. That doesn't sound like something I want to put up with at this point, but we're really not too far removed from that situation right now, either.

I'm curious to hear more about why Sotty thinks AniX should go, though. She said it was a weak hunch at best, but there aren't a lot of discussion points right now.

Throw me in on the "I hate cults" bandwagon, though. :evil:
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #36) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:38 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Sotty7 wrote:seeing as Quig cannot be recruited.
Holy crap, I forgot all about that. :shock:

Something else I forgot about: did we still want to test my claim? If so, we'll need a volunteer to take the hit...
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #37) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:07 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Right, that's what I was thinking too; just wanted to make sure.

Then I guess the only question left is whether or not we think there's a chance that Lloyd might be SK instead of vig and/or if he could still kill after being recruited.

If not then we should just get this over with.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #38) » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:20 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Vyolynce (209) wrote:Then I guess the only question left is whether or not we think there's a chance that Lloyd might be SK instead of vig and/or if he could still kill after being recruited.
Nobody cares whether or not Lloyd is really an SK? Or do the rest of you just not think that this could be the case?

It occurs to me that we really don't really know if there actually
are
any cultists running around. Yes, the assumption is that BMQ's recruitment attempts had to have been successful at least once, but what if he wasn't? He could have tried to recruit Akonas/Quig (I support the theory that he is immune), Kelly Chen, or Glork on those nights, or even someone protected by Quig (Lloyd and Sotty on nights one and two, respectively, but not on the reciprocal cases). There's no guarantee that an attempted mafia rectuitment would result in his death; it could just come up as a failure (and he'd know who the scum are).

In that case, lynching Lloyd might be what we have to do. I know I argued against it earlier, but unless Sotty's really putting herself -- and any potential cult-mates! -- on the line with her "AniX, Vyolynce, Sotty" game plan I really don't see another choice. I had forgotten that Quig was in all liklihood immune to recruitment when I put forth my "back to Day One" argument earlier (204). With Quig assumed clean, we should have the information we need to either put this one away or at least reduce it to a 1:1 draw.

Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #39) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:07 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Lloyd wrote:Vyolynce, I would like to test your doctor claim tonight. Who will you be protecting?
That would depend on who we lynch today, if anyone.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #40) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:33 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Holy bump past locked threads, Batman!

Paging AniX to Mini 293...
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #41) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:08 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Lloyd wrote:I don't think we have a serial killer. Otherwise, you (Doctor) or I (Vigilante) would be dead by now, and there would have been more kills.
Hold on one second...

That observation completely ignores the fact that
you're
the only one being suspected as possible SK.

So the only person who "would be dead now" is me, and NK'ing me after I came forth as doc with no other killing roles out there would have made you look
incredibly
suspicious.

As for your other two reasons:

That was a guess based on flavor alone, and is irrelevant.

That one is a good argument, but only one of those two groups of bad guys were capable of killing. The Mafia could have killed BMQ just as easily as Lloyd did. Starting with four anti-town (2 mafia, 1 cult, 1 SK) doesn't sound too outrageous, especially with two docs and a cop (not that the cop we had was able to provide any help). The difference between Vig and SK is basically just the win condition, which is only relevant towards the end of the game.

Like now.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #42) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:13 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Lloyd wrote:Vyolence,

How about this plan?

- We lynch AniX today

- Tonight, you protect Sotty7

- Tonight, I try to shoot Sotty7

- Tomorrow, if Sotty7 dies, then we lynch you (leaving Quig and I)

- If Sotty7 survives, I'll be convinced that you're a doctor

- Tomorrow, if Sotty7 lives, then we lynch me (leaving you, Sotty7, and Quig)

- Tomorrow night...Probably nothing will happen (unless one of you can recruit)

- The day after tomorrow, you lynch Sotty7
Why don't we just eliminate the middle-man? If you're not lynched today, shoot
me
tonight.

I'm either a doc or cult. If you're really a vig and not an SK, then my role is essentially reduced to vanilla so I'm expendible either way. Plus, I'm more suspicious than Sotty, apparently.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #43) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:18 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Quig wrote:Nah, lynch Anix, kill sotty, lynch Llyod then we of already won or its a draw.
Well, the problem there is "kill Sotty". If she dies, then
I'm
the next lynch, not Lloyd.

Plan A ("lynch AniX, test Vyo"): If I'm telling the truth about being doc, then Sotty lives tonight and we lynch Lloyd, leaving Quig and myself to win (or draw* if Quig is somehow cult). If Sotty dies, then I get lynched tomorrow, leaving Quig and Lloyd; if both are town, congratulations, but if Lloyd is SK he wins on his own.

Plan B ("lynch AniX, shoot Vyo"): I come up doc, Lloyd ges lynched and it's the same draw*/win scenario only this time with Sotty and Quig; I come up not-doc, then Sotty, Quig, and Lloyd have to figure out where to go from there if the game isn't over. Lloyd could still be SK, in theory, so lynching someone other than him could be dicey.

Plan C ("lynch Lloyd"): there will be no more night kills. If the game isn't over, then the four of us have to figure out how many cultists we have left -- knowing that Quig is most likely clean -- and lynch accordingly, without the spectre of an SK win hanging in the air. Potential snag in that it would be three to lynch, so having two cult left might cause problems.

Both Plans A and B have the same end result: tomorrow's lynch ends the game one way or the other, unless the game is ended at night as a result of Lloyd's kill. Also, "Sotty" and "AniX" are still interchangeable as far as I'm concerned.

Plan C gives the town two chances to clear out the cult without the possibility of SK win if there's only one cultist left; even if we lynch wrong tomorrow, then it's still two townies to one cultist. If there are two, then it's a draw*.

*Note that in all cases I'm assuming that if there are an even number of cultists and townies then the game ends in a draw and not a cult win. The only way the cult can win right now is if this is not the case; it would also be helpful for them if there are two cultists left.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #44) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:11 am

Post by Vyolynce »

I like that idea. If Lloyd is town then he still wins when the last cult member is cured.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #45) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:42 pm

Post by Vyolynce »

No doc in the history of Mafia can self-protect. Why would you even ask that?
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #46) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:44 pm

Post by Vyolynce »

Oh, and I won't be protecting anyone tonight.

Because I'm the last cult member and cult members lose any power they had.

Now, you can either lynch me and win if Lloyd isn't SK, or you can lynch Lloyd to make sure he's not SK and then cure me tonight for the win. I've really given up caring at this point.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #47) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:51 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Kelly Chen wrote:The setup is interesting, although I would not want to be town hunting down cult members who do not know who each other are.
Try being a cult memeber in that scenario. >_<

I was doing everything I could to figure out who the other cultist was; I was recruited on Night 2 (after saving Der Hammer from Glork), so I know there could only be at most one other recruit... it just
wasn't
happening. I knew Lloyd was clear, since he was still killing, but I
completely
forgot that Quig was probably immune when I talked him out of lynching Lloyd yesterday. Eventually I just decided to breadcrumb in 204 to see if anyone would pick up on it one way or the other.

When Sotty brought that up and then said "it's down to me, Vyo, and AniX", I knew that I had screwed up in a way that ensured I would not be winning as part of the cult. Not as long as Lloyd was alive.

The funny thing was that there was
every chance
that Lloyd could
really
have been SK, so I started doing everything I could to at least get him out of the way.

Then AniX (finally) comes along with "I've been cured!" and Quig confirms it... I didn't immediately come out then because I wanted to make sure that Lloyd wasn't going to kill me last night. ;)

Lloyd was definitely the MVP of this game, though. His first two kills turned the entire game on its ear, especially when Glork walked into his lynch on Day 2.

The hidden powers of the cult and Luis Sera definitely gave this game an added layer that no one could have anticipated. I was kinda bummed that I lost my doc power (after faking a near-doc claim in my last mini); I could only imagine my reaction to gaining a kill power four night later, especially after agruing (correctly) that Lloyd was the only killing role left!
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #48) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:57 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Lloyd wrote:Vyolynce,

After you were reformed, did you get your doctor night power back?
I probably would have had the game not ended upon my reforming. :)
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #49) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:58 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Kelly Chen wrote:For the first night, I wanted to kill Vyolence. Glork said he thought CDT was likely to target him if he had a role. So I sent him after CDT, who was a cop. Didn't target Glork though...
Wow, you wound up choosing between the doc (the only one for your purposes) and the cop. :shock:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”