Open 512: See Nine Plus Plus (Game Ovah)

Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Please don't talk about ongoing games, regardless of the circumstances. Thank you.

~DBK
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by Glass »

VOTE: jmo

How long are you going to continue dodging questions?
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.3

[L-4] Saki - Flench, Paschendale, CherryDrPepper
[L-5] jmo16mla - Varsoon, Glass
[L-5] Titus - oriole, Dyslexicon
[L-5] Glass - Titus, jmo16mla
[L-6] Flench - StubbsKVM
[L-6] CherryDrPepper - Vote Me

Not Voting: TunnelVision, Saki

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 7:30 PM CST ((expired on 2013-08-02 19:30:00)).

---

Guess I should've just put the Votecount up with that warning, huh? *shrug*
Last edited by Does Bo Know on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by TunnelVision »

Hey everybody, Bauss here. Ill sign my posts with a 1, since I'm first to the party this round. Rank will be along in a couple days I suspect. Looks like we are past RVS so I'll just start in with the questions...

Saki, wassup with all the posts saying nothing and acting crazy? That your usual game? It's weak. Does it get better?

Who's played with Varsoon before? Seems very conversational, and has a friendly/buddying tone. Wondering if that is normal. Don't like it one bit. "Titus, is that Michael Jackson in your avatar? OMG, love him. Beat it, beat it, beat it, oh find some scum and beat it." Let's keep conversation focused on finding scum please, this isn't match.com.

Titus, I see a bunch of things in your posting/ playstyle that I feel are similar to mine. This will make my reads on you problematic/compromised. I shall defer to Number 2. But to be clear, my gut read is slight town on Titus.

Is there a strategy play in a game setup with an innocent child? Ive never played in one before, so I'm intrigued.

-1-
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 101, Glass wrote:VOTE: jmo

How long are you going to continue dodging questions?
I really hate when people automatically say others are dodging/ignoring questions. I like your omgus though.

Kinda thought it was obvious the reason I voted for you in the last post, I see Titus as newb town. Your vote on him is because he is an easy lynch target at this point in the game.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 80, jmo16mla wrote:VOTE: glass

Still, we'd like to know your reason for this post.

It almost sounds like you're buddying me jmo. You've mentioned me a lot with no direct questions.

@TunnelVision - Not Michael Jackson in my AV (at least I don't think so). I've never played with an innocent child either. I just play as if there's a non-existent sheriff who has confirmed the child as town. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Just because we have similar playstyles doesn't mean that you're prohibited from reading me.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Post by Glass »

jmo wrote: I really hate when people automatically say others are dodging/ignoring questions.
Then you probably shouldn't dodge/ignore questions.
jmo wrote: Kinda thought it was obvious the reason I voted for you in the last post, I see Titus as newb town. Your vote on him is because he is an easy lynch target at this point in the game.
Sigh, it's like trying to pull teeth here. Why do you think that my reason for voting him is because he is an easy lynch target, as opposed to my stated reason?
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 105, Titus wrote: @TunnelVision - Not Michael Jackson in my AV (at least I don't think so). I've never played with an innocent child either. I just play as if there's a non-existent sheriff who has confirmed the child as town. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Just because we have similar playstyles doesn't mean that you're prohibited from reading me.
Lol. That Michael Jackson bit was a shot at humor. I guess I failed.

And I'm not saying I won't engage, question or read you... but rather my reads (with respect to you) are compromised and should have an asterisk next to them. Its human nature to like, or react more favorably/positively to people who are similar in nature to oneself. So, if your style is like mine, and I think my style is awesome, I'm liable to think your style is awesome too, and then I'm going to fail at getting a good objective read on you and your content (which is not awesome.)

-1-
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by CherryDrPepper »

So Glass is calling out to jmo for voting without a reason when Glass did the exact same thing on ?

-Sakura Hana
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by Glass »

Also, why do you think Titus is a newbie given that he has played games here and has linked to site where he says the bulk of his meta exists?
Cherry wrote: So Glass is calling out to jmo for voting without a reason when Glass did the exact same thing on 64?
I am moreso calling him out on refusing to give reason for his vote when asked for it.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by Titus »

Yeah pot calling the kettle black there with Glass/jmo. I also don't like this talk about me being an easy lynch target. Glass why did you vote me on 64?

The fair assessment of my experience is moderate level. I'm not a total newbie but I'm not an expert as to the ins and outs of this site.

I understand what you were saying about reading me now Tunnel. We like those who are like ourselves... there's a term for that fallacy. I can't remember it though. Oh well.

@Mod, Why is the deadline August 2nd? I thought games had a two week day deadline.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:18 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 109, Glass wrote:Also, why do you think Titus is a newbie given that he has played games here and has linked to site where he says the bulk of his meta exists?
Cherry wrote: So Glass is calling out to jmo for voting without a reason when Glass did the exact same thing on 64?
I am moreso calling him out on refusing to give reason for his vote when asked for it.
Misrep. More votes for glass.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Days have a deadline of (8+n) real-time days, n being the number of players alive on that particular day. I've listed this in the rules.

~DBK
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

Titus, I read you as been town, is having a town read buddying?

glass: I don't care how many games hes played. That's what he reads to me. Now, your votes for him thinking he is an easy lynch makes perfect sence. He isn't very sure of where to place his votes and what to do. You try to claim he is scum and vote him. What's not to understand why you voted him?
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by Paschendale »

I find myself really wanting Jmo to explain his reads a bit more solidly. His opinions might be well worth hearing, but he's not really offering them.

PeEdit: The above two posts are good. Tell me more about Glass.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:27 pm

Post by Titus »

@jmo, No. Having a town read isn't buddying. Proactively defending me would seem to be buddying. I am interested in hearing you flesh out your reads on Glass as well.

@Paschendale, am I just being paranoid when I see possible buddying coming from jmo?
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:29 pm

Post by Flench »

In post 107, TunnelVision wrote:
In post 105, Titus wrote: Lol. That Michael Jackson bit was a shot at humor. I guess I failed.
-1-
It was my favorite post so far.

I think Varsoon and Glass look a bit scummy based on their agreement on many things. I might vote for Glass at this point but I am waiting for Saki to return, he will not escape my vote by disappearing.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:36 pm

Post by Glass »

Titus wrote:Glass why did you vote me on 64?
My goodness, I have already explained this 2-3 times. Read post
jmo wrote: Misrep. More votes for glass.
What misrep? Varsoon asked why you are voting in post , you deflect the question on pos t, and Varsoon asks again on post . You ignore that question in post and .

Then I come by and figure maybe asking you again will get some answers. So I ask in post and again you do not respond.

Finally after I vote for you for refusing to respond your explanation is simply "Glass voted because Titus is an easy lynch". What? You could have pointed at anyone on the Titus wagon and said the same thing, could you not?
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by Flench »

Well there were only two people who voted Titus. Oriole then you Glass. Since you voted second, you were the one jumping on the wagon, not Oriole. So why would he point at Oriole as picking Titus as an easy linch?

Then you did the same thing on the JMO vote.
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by Flench »

Trying to clear up this convo between jmo and glass because it's really confusing and strange to read.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:49 pm

Post by Glass »

Flench wrote: Well there were only two people who voted Titus. Oriole then you Glass. Since you voted second, you were the one jumping on the wagon, not Oriole. So why would he point at Oriole as picking Titus as an easy linch?
Hmm, I thought that Dys had voted for Titus before jmo voted for me but looking back I was incorrect. Regardless, jmo thinks that he is an easy lynch because he is a newb, not because he had a wagon.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Unvote

Jmo's recent activity is better. Don't think you can get away with that silent lurkdom/vote-dropping you usually do in this game.

@Flench: Glass answered all my questions for me. :3

@Tunnel: Being friendly is a null-tell. Meta me and you'll see lots of hilarious and intentional patterns that you shouldn't trust. Nacho once said my smoking-gun scum meta is playing a really safe and hardcore, methodical town while, as town, I play Village Idiot.
Regardless, I'm shooting for being a fun guy to play with in all my games, despite alignment. It's super important to have fun, and I want to foster that kind of a game environment.

@Glass: Your 117 and other various approaches to pressure are fucking awesome, by the way. It makes me really happy to play with you, but also terrified that you're scum-playing-town. Jmo's definitely scummy, but I'd like for the first day to be long enough for us to get solid reads on everyone.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:41 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 118, Flench wrote:Well there were only two people who voted Titus. Oriole then you Glass. Since you voted second, you were the one jumping on the wagon, not Oriole. So why would he point at Oriole as picking Titus as an easy linch?

Then you did the same thing on the JMO vote.
A second vote doesn't really count as hopping on a wagon. Not unless you have only seven players alive or some low number like that.
Vote Me
Vote Me
Townie
Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Post by Vote Me »

In post 82, Varsoon wrote:
In post 80, jmo16mla wrote:VOTE: glass

It'd be nice if you could explain your vote rather than hoping on a wagon with a naked vote.

VOTE: Jmo16mla

Explain your vote.
There was a wagon on Glass? Also, what about Glass' naked vote, eh?
In post 100, Does Bo Know wrote:
Please don't talk about ongoing games, regardless of the circumstances. Thank you.

~DBK
You're welcome.

~Vote Me
In post 103, TunnelVision wrote:Who's played with Varsoon before? Seems very conversational, and has a friendly/buddying tone. Wondering if that is normal. Don't like it one bit. "Titus, is that Michael Jackson in your avatar? OMG, love him. Beat it, beat it, beat it, oh find some scum and beat it." Let's keep conversation focused on finding scum please, this isn't match.com.
-1-
Your description of Varsoon is definitely not town Varsoon. Could you detail what you think about his posts lead you to believe what you believe?

UNVOTE:
i dare you
i double dare you, motherfucker
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:05 pm

Post by Saki »

V/LA 'till the 17th, sorry.