Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Kdub »

FRANK: Serenity now! Serenity now!
GEORGE: What is that?
FRANK: The doctor gave me a relaxation cassette. When my blood pressure gets too high, the man on the tape tells me to say 'serenity now!'
GEORGE: Are you supposed to yell it?
FRANK: The man on the tape wasn't specific.

Vote Count

charter (1) - Untrod Tripod
rajrhcpfreak (0) -
LynchMePls (1) - peanutman
Katsuki (1) - rajrhcpfreak
peanutman (1) - bv310
MagnaofIllusion (4) - Katsuki, MacavityLock, charter, LynchMePls
bv310 (0) -
Haschel Cedricson (0) -
Talitha (0) -
Untrod Tripod (3) - Haschel Cedricson, MagnaofIllusion, Kmd4390
Kmd4390 (0) -
MacavityLock (0) -
Not Voting (1) - Talitha

12 votes available, 7 votes needed to lynch.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

really i have to explain why 6 consecutive posts of useless banter is weird interactions. whats even weirder is the fact that Haschel completely ignores it and just randomly votes like hes in auto pilot.
who knows what Untrod Tripod was doing in his first couple post and if any of it was serious but he atleast calls both of them out.

and in light of MoI's quick defense of Katsuki i'll
unvote
vote: MoI

lets see some pressure.

p.s.MoI. signing up for a game that you have little knowledge of is more jerkish than scummy. especially since the signup went pretty fast. if it took a little longer than i would have over looked it as just filling it for the mod's sake, but im sure there are alot of fellow Seinfeld fans out that in the scumverse that would have played. but as you already pointed out people with a poor grasp of the theme screw up easier, ive done it in the past too. so why not put some pressure on him,
especially since it was between him and you.
*i bolded the main reason why he got my vote.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:really i have to explain why 6 consecutive posts of useless banter is weird interactions.
When the two players involved are literally the only players to have post in the thread? Yes, you absolutely need to explain why that's a weird interaction.
whats even weirder is the fact that Haschel completely ignores it and just randomly votes like hes in auto pilot.
I ignored it because I gave none of the fucks about it. None of them.

A bunch of reminiscing about previous games that I wasn't a part of and have no intention of reading? Not interested. And my vote wasn't random.
who knows what Untrod Tripod was doing in his first couple post and if any of it was serious but he atleast calls both of them out.
I have a few guesses. Also, the second half of the sentence is weird. Perhaps somebody else can articulate why.
and in light of MoI's quick defense of Katsuki [...]
signing up for a game that you have little knowledge of is more jerkish than scummy.
If somebody is attacked for doing something that isn't scummy, and a third player points out that it's not scummy, we should be suspicious of the third player for defending?

That doesn't make sense.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:27 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@ bv310 and peanutman
– More content from you would be fantastic. Peanutman in particular I know from past experience is not a low-content player.
Rajr wrote:really i have to explain why 6 consecutive posts of useless banter is weird interactions. whats even weirder is the fact that Haschel completely ignores it and just randomly votes like hes in auto pilot.
Actually you really do need to explain why you found the first 6 posts of the game scummy if they were useless banter. Furthermore your assessment that those posts were useless is incorrect. They may be useless to you but they served a purpose for me.
Rajr wrote:and in light of MoI's quick defense of Katsuki i'll
unvote
vote: MoI

lets see some pressure.
Asking you to defend your position isn’t defending someone else. But please, explain how questioning your stated reasons for your vote is scummy.
Rajr wrote:p.s.MoI.
signing up for a game that you have little knowledge of is more jerkish than scummy.
especially since the signup went pretty fast. if it took a little longer than i would have over looked it as just filling it for the mod's sake, but im sure there are alot of fellow Seinfeld fans out that in the scumverse that would have played. but as you already pointed out people with a poor grasp of the theme screw up easier, ive done it in the past too. so why not put some pressure on him, especially since it was between him and you. *i bolded the main reason why he got my vote.
Emphasis added in bold. If this is the case why did you include the statement questioning his lack of Seinfeld knowledge as part of your voting justification? Seeing this explanation it looks more like padding / over-justification of your early vote to me. How is it not having flavor knowledge an indication in ANY WAY that said player drew a scum role from the Mod?

Again, as I expressed above, explain how the interactions between Kats and I are scummy.

Have you looked at the LOTR Mafia game I was referencing to see how I was identifying Kats as scum based on his flavor statements? If not you don’t understand why I pressured him on it. It wasn’t that he screwed up a flavor claim. It was all about the manner in which he presented his lack of knowledge in thread context.

I disagree completely that signing up for a Theme game with a Mod you like regardless of whether you know the source material is a jerk move.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:15 am

Post by LimMePls »

MOI is right re: Katsuki in LOTR/Castlevania. It's the way it was presented in a "disavow any bad things I do based on flavor, cause I don't know the flavor" way.
UT wrote:Katsuki, MoI, LMP and charter are scum. calling it now.
UT wrote:now this is a wagon I can get behind. unvote LMP, vote Magnaface
UT wrote:This just goes towards supporting my wild stab at LMP being scum
Magna wrote:Hey look … scum motivation sighted!!
UNVOTE: Charter
VOTE: Untrod
MOI is not the lynch. When UT flips scum, MOI may be the lynch. UT is definitely flipping scum.

Unvote
Vote: Untrod Tripod

I also don't like raj's reasoning. Or KMD putting me on his scum list with no explanation, but I'm starting to get used to that. By that, I mean people calling me scum but giving no reason for doing so. Seems to be a common trend recently.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:21 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kmd4390 wrote:Town:
Magna
Kat
Mac
Charter (unless Untrod is scum)
Haschel

Scum:
peanut
Raj
LMP
Untrod

Vote Untrod
Unvote Untrod, Vote rajjkdsghadfjksghadfjkhjkghadfjklbgakl

----------------

Ok, was gonna try doing what I've seen Glork, Elli, and a few others do and contain myself first few posts, but I can't do it.

----------------

Haschel,
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
. He knows why.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
whats even weirder is the fact that Haschel completely ignores it and just randomly votes like hes in auto pilot.

A bunch of reminiscing about previous games that I wasn't a part of and have no intention of reading? Not interested. And my vote wasn't random.
You serious?

-----------------

LMP, how is that an Untrod-Magna connection? I see stronger connections between Untrod-Charter, Untrod-Rajdjfhadskfjhdasjf, and even Untrod-LMP than Untrod-Magna.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:56 am

Post by bv310 »

V/LA until Thursday. Twelve page term paper has my full attention now.

V/LA is noted.
Last edited by Kdub on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:35 am

Post by LimMePls »

kmd wrote:LMP, how is that an Untrod-Magna connection? I see stronger connections between Untrod-Charter, Untrod-Rajdjfhadskfjhdasjf, and even Untrod-LMP than Untrod-Magna.
UT says his "list".
UT takes the first opportunity to wagon a member of the list (saying "this is a wagon I can get behind").
Magna attacks UT.

I think there is some distancing going on here. As I said above, based on my reading of the situation, I think UT is scum and 1 of the people on his list was also scum. I think MOI is a great candidate for that 1 person. But that's a poor reason to lynch MOI, and my MOI vote was mainly just a reaction fishing/RVS-wagon vote anyways.

I wouldn't be surprised at a UT-MOI-raj-+1 scum team.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:43 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Why is Magna a "great candidate" any more than Charter or Kat? Or from our point of view, better than you?

Don't let me forget that I have input on this, but I want your answer first.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Shit, my input fails.

I'll still explain after LMP's response.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:03 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

kmd is scum too with them.

you and MoI both played with me before, you should know that i am town again.
this isnt a OMGUS, i am put on the "list" early and then kmd's reasoning later is because he made the list.
i prolly already have a short life in this game but take kmd's list and reverse it.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:03 am

Kmd4390 wrote:Haschel,
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
. He knows why.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:

You serious?
Yes.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:06 am

EBWOP:
i prolly already have a short life in this game but take kmd's list and reverse it.
This sentence really appeals to me.

No, wait, it appeal to my emotion.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:06 am

Post by MacavityLock »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Maclock wrote:At least I came out and specifically said that I'm not going to give up my reasons yet. You going to do the same as regards LMP?
I’m not giving my reasons as of yet. My motivation is greatly different from yours, which was basically to disguise your method of moving out of RVS by wagonning for no reason.
I'm sorry, that is incorrect. Don't presume that you know my motivation(s); "wagoning for no reason" was not one of them.

Everyone losing their nerve, get back on the Magna-wagon!
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:21 am

Post by LimMePls »

Kmd4390 wrote:Why is Magna a "great candidate" any more than Charter or Kat? Or from our point of view, better than you?

Don't let me forget that I have input on this, but I want your answer first.
Because the interactions I'm noting between them look like distancing? I thought I just said this.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:22 am

Post by LimMePls »

MacavityLock wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Maclock wrote:At least I came out and specifically said that I'm not going to give up my reasons yet. You going to do the same as regards LMP?
I’m not giving my reasons as of yet. My motivation is greatly different from yours, which was basically to disguise your method of moving out of RVS by wagonning for no reason.
I'm sorry, that is incorrect. Don't presume that you know my motivation(s); "wagoning for no reason" was not one of them.

Everyone losing their nerve, get back on the Magna-wagon!
What is your take on UT?

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:29 am

Post by LimMePls »

LynchMePls wrote:I wouldn't be surprised at a UT-MOI-raj-+1 scum team.
Or maybe UT-MOI-Katsuki-charter. Which would be UT's list minus me, plus UT.

What are the odds that:
Untrod Tripod wrote:obviously I'm bussing all three of my scumbuddies. The trick is figuring out which one is the townie
was truth, banking on the WIFOM of it to be discounted? I think lynching UT is the first step in finding out. His scummy actions are enough to swing him, particularly where he tries to smear me, but doesn't vote me. The goldmine of data from his lynch only makes it more win.

V/LA on weekends
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:31 am

Post by MacavityLock »

LynchMePls wrote:What is your take on UT?
I have some end of term things to wrap up (final project today, grading some finals tomorrow) that's preventing me from digging too deep on most people, so I expect to be more comprehensive Wednesday-ish. For right now, I don't really love Untrod's pressure release unvote of Magna, and I'm not particularly sure why he picked charter out over you. Gut's got him neutral-leaning scum.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:34 am

LMP wrote:UT says his "list".
UT takes the first opportunity to wagon a member of the list (saying "this is a wagon I can get behind").
Magna attacks UT.
Are you saying my statement about Untrod is not a valid scum-tell?
LMP wrote:I think MOI is a great candidate for that 1 person. But that's a poor reason to lynch MOI, and my MOI vote was mainly just a reaction fishing/RVS-wagon vote anyways.
I’ll ask you again since you dodged my question the first time –

Please provide the scum-tells you are relying on to qualify me as a great candidate for scum.

And if you can’t support it other than to say it is distancing please indicate how you can differentiate from Town and Scum players attacking Untrod?
Rajr wrote:you and MoI both played with me before, you should know that i am town again.
This is absurd. Exactly how am I supposed to know you are Town on Page 3 based on a single past game?
Maclock wrote:I'm sorry, that is incorrect. Don't presume that you know my motivation(s); "wagoning for no reason" was not one of them.
I know that in 39 you stated that your ‘reason’ for suspicion of me was meaningless RVS schenanigans. Unless you lied about your motivation there I’m not making any assumptions.

I’ll ask you what I asked LMP – provide a substantive reason why your aren’t just pushing for me with only rhetoric.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:43 am

LMP wrote:I think lynching UT is the first step in finding out. His scummy actions are enough to swing him, particularly where he tries to smear me, but doesn't vote me. The goldmine of data from his lynch only makes it more win.
I agree – UT is scum and he should swing so we can look more closely at his play when he flips scum.

For example – His RVS joke vote of you, combined with his ‘suspicion’ of you in post 34 looks like bad scum distancing since he voted for charter instead of you who he called scummy when he back peddaled on this obv-scum attempt to wagon me.

Continue bussing Untrod though …

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:44 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Rajjdskfhdsjkaf, your OMGUS is showing.

Just because I played with you before doesn't mean I should immediately have a town read on you. You were scummy in Harry Potter (yeah, I was scum there, but my reasons for pushing your lynch were legit if I remember correctly) and you are scummy now.

And I don't recall any reasoning for my vote on you that has to do with anybody's list.

----------------

Hachel, usually, "he knows why" isn't a serious vote. Care to explain?

---------------

LMP,
how
does it look more like distancing than legitimate suspicion?

Why do I have to pry this out of you?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:51 am

Post by MacavityLock »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Maclock wrote:I'm sorry, that is incorrect. Don't presume that you know my motivation(s); "wagoning for no reason" was not one of them.
I know that in 39 you stated that your ‘reason’ for suspicion of me was meaningless RVS schenanigans. Unless you lied about your motivation there I’m not making any assumptions.
Man, you're doing awesome at misrep-ing me.
MacavityLock wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Maclock wrote:I have a reason, but I can't say it yet.
Is it because you know I’ve seen your scum game up close and personal?
Reverse pronouns.
When I said "Reverse pronouns", the implication was that I've seen
your
scum game before. Which can mean many things. It can mean that I'm voting you out of spite. It can mean that I'm voting you because you I know that you can be scum. It can mean meta.

I've seen at least 4 people in this game as scum, one as my scumbuddy in a game about a year ago. And I'm not voting for any of them.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:54 am

Kmd4390 wrote:Hachel, usually, "he knows why" isn't a serious vote. Care to explain?
Not really.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:56 am

Maclock wrote:When I said "Reverse pronouns", the implication was that I've seen your scum game before. Which can mean many things. It can mean that I'm voting you out of spite. It can mean that I'm voting you because you I know that you can be scum. It can mean meta.
Sure, it can mean lots of things. It can also mean you went to the Random Number Generator. What do all those things have in common? Zero scum-hunting that backs your rhetoric.
Maclock wrote:I've seen at least 4 people in this game as scum, one as my scumbuddy in a game about a year ago. And I'm not voting for any of them.
If this is supposed to be a meaningful point it fails in that regard.

I’m still waiting for you or LMP or anyone else to provide actual scum behavior.

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:58 am

Post by MacavityLock »

MacavityLock wrote:I have a reason, but I can't say it yet.
:}

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”