DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:29 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Claiming that you're looking forwards to your nuke is like claiming VT* at this stage. I reckon it's a good idea to not go around telling the scum whether we're looking to get a different PR or not.

*I understand nukers aren't VTs, but in terms of defaults...new basic line, you get my drift
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

AurorusVox wrote:Claiming that you're looking forwards to your nuke is like claiming VT* at this stage. I reckon it's a good idea to not go around telling the scum whether we're looking to get a different PR or not.

*I understand nukers aren't VTs, but in terms of defaults...new basic line, you get my drift
It's all WIFOM anyways. Defcon 5 is funny like that >_>.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Kitoari »

We should pick someone by consensus who we believe is town to have them take one of the obviously pro-scum abilities.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

We want several people to try to take each pro-scum ability
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Kitoari »

I don't think we'll be able to reach a consensus on multiple people before Defcon 4.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

We don't need a consensus.
Random will work
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

I took a scum suited ability last game...but none of the scum even tried to get it. They all went Sub/Nuke. FML.

That said, a bunch of abilities have been rebalanced to give the scum an advantage in going for them, so I wouldn't be surprised if we had a tussle on our hands. If only one person goes for each scum ability, the drawback is that if that one person doesn't get it, scum will. If multiple people do, the drawback is (a) lets scum mingle with town for WIFOM "Oh no I picked it because I'm town," and (b) scum might just go Sub/Nuke again thereby wasting townie powers.

(With regards to (a), I really did pick it for town justice. I have no idea how legitimate a strategy it was since I died before it even became an issue.)

As I said in the last game, it's a case of do you want to try to be more powerful yourself or block the other team from being more powerful. Offence vs defence. Waiting to have sex with the really hot girl vs cockblocking your friend so he is as miserable as you. That sort of thing.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Kitoari wrote:We should pick someone by consensus who we believe is town to have them take one of the obviously pro-scum abilities.
We really shouldn't pick anyone to do anything. It should be trusted (and hoped upon) that everyone spreads out the choices. There are 10 total non-silo abilities, and I would extremely surprised if all the players chose the same ability for their first pick.

This is where WIFOM is actually useful. Implying what we plan to take and what we actually take is important in making sure the abilities get spread a bit. I doubt that all the best abilities are going all go to Americans, but at the same time, we can't encourage everyone to simply focus on a couple of them as the scum teams can stack up on the others to increase their odds of getting it.

Let's say for example that the two most discussed abilities, Submarine and Air Base, get split amongst 4 town each because we try to work it out that way. Well, not only do the scum players know that it's likely the roles are on those 4 players, but they can also stack their 3 members all on Battleship or Aircraft Carrier. Then we got 4 town and no scum on one ability, 4 town and no scum on another ability, and like 2 town and 3 scum on another ability, giving the odds to the scum that they will get that third role.

This also strikes me that it is more than plausible that all scum are going to stack identically for best chances at getting at least 1 or 2 abilities they want. So even if we stack 4 town on Submarine, they could stack all 3 scum on Submarine as well and get almost a 50% chance that one of their members will get it.

So in the end, it's best not to try and direct anything. Know what is important and every person personally hedges their bets where they hope to stop scum or play on their own accord. Directing anything will simply give scum more information than we want to afford them.

I would highly recommend all Americans to at least try to take an ability instead of a Silo though, as every American that can potentially stop a scum PR is better than less players trying to do so.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

chesskid3 wrote:
Katsuki wrote:It helps that there's no shortage of nukes.
Dude imagine the power of having the submarine in this game
You mean if you're scum?? :eek:
When you
hang
NUKE
a man, you'd better look at 'em!
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

Internet Stranger wrote:Im here to nuke me and lynch some Soviet/Chinese scumbags.

I will use every tool I get at my disposal to do so. So if I manage to get me some fancy toys to do so, all the better.
I dont need any help from some yokels in Arkansas, California hippies or them New Jersey guidos to kill'em them commies. I will do it by myself if I must.

U.S.A! U.S.A!
Over the top.
When you
hang
NUKE
a man, you'd better look at 'em!
Quote Clip
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Percy »

\confirm

Whoa, five pages already! At work now, posting when I get home :D
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Jed Cooper wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:
Katsuki wrote:It helps that there's no shortage of nukes.
Dude imagine the power of having the submarine in this game
You mean if you're scum?? :eek:
No, Mr. Josey Wales
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

The last game was pretty big on Ciphers, codebreaking and stuff like that. (Percy was so badass last game, decrypting ciphers by pen and paper. That's where I got my mental image of him 8D.). It'll be nice if the people who take eavesdrop know about that too.

Also, people should refrain from posting about their suspicions right now. Scum can still talk freely and strategize without any risk of interceptions during DEFCON 5 and 4.

DEFCON 5 and 4 are for strategy talks. Like this one:

What do you guys say about a sub claim? It was a discussion we had from last game. Although, Scum did get the sub so it wasn't really a big deal. But, suppose an American gets the sub: Should he claim or not?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Fate »

OH HEY LOOK WHO HAS A SHINY NEW COMPUTER.

5 PAGES ALREADY GUIZ?
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by Fate »

@Random Guy: I want Panda to be town because he is the kind of Yang to my Yin and shit.

So far so good on that front, and I like Baby Spice's little list plan thingie:

BUT THAT PLAN HAS FAR TOO FEW SILOS:

WHY DONT WE ALL CHOOSE NUKES AND NUKE TILL ALL SCUM ARE DEAD WHEN THE BELL TOLLS FOR THEE.

ME AND A FEW OTHER AWESOME PLAYERS CAN CHOOSE FALLOUT SHELTER AND HAVE AN EPIC LYLO AFTER THE ASHES ARE DONE BURNIN
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

DEFCON 5 and 4 would be an awesome time to read the rules too!
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by Fate »

ILL GET TO IT WHEN I GET TO IT.

DRAFT SYSTEMS MAKE MY HEAD HURT
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Fate »

And what the hell do you even mean should the sub claim or not?

D1VV; HAI GUYZ I GOT A PR THAT IS SUB OK SCUM SO YOU KNOW TO KILL ME/NOT

D1 claims are fuckin fail. WHEN SUB TIME comes around THEN claiming is for teh win and shooting accordingly.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Fate wrote:And what the hell do you even mean should the sub claim or not?

D1VV; HAI GUYZ I GOT A PR THAT IS SUB OK SCUM SO YOU KNOW TO KILL ME/NOT

D1 claims are fuckin fail. WHEN SUB TIME comes around THEN claiming is for teh win and shooting accordingly.
1. The claimed sub is basically a nuke who is accountable for his kill. Plus a claimed subTown means that we can dissuade our silly sub from nuking in the event he starts being stupid, just like a regular Townienuke.
2. I don't think scum would want to claim sub, since the whole secret nuking thing is the point of it.
3. If no one claims, we
know
scum got the sub therefore we can set our nukes to defensemode/target obvtowns with battleship etc.

These the discussion points from the first version, IIRC. I think it's pretty valid to talk about it here.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Fate »

Hmmm I see the merits now with the whole "SET UP ZE DEFENSES" aspect that I didn't think of.

There are two of each role though, max, right?

Toog'
s posts with the 4s and the 3s and the piling made my head hurt >_>
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I object to sub claiming
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Fate »

If that sub doesn't want to claim and nukes chesskid I'd be down with that.

Then again I expect him gandalf dana and bunnylover to have a VI race
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Scum:
IS
Fate

Different scumteams. Calling it now.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

@Fate: One of each PR. Meaning, we get at most 10 PRs and at least 10 nukes(That's a lot of nukes, now that I think of it. >.>).

@chesskid: Why?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Fate »

CHESSKID DONT FUCKIN INCITE MY RAGE WHILE IM TRYING TO REPLACE INTO A 60 PAGE FUCKING GAME.

I DONT HAVE THE PATIENCE RIGHT NOW

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”