DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:16 am

Post by VasudeVa »

It's weird having a dude named Jed on the game. >.>. Part of my IRL name is Jed.

/confirm.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:29 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Jack wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPsL2WVhFCc

Some patriotic music for the confirmation stage.
And here I was expecting it to be "AMERICA: FUCK YEAH", not something musically orgasmic. Good Taste, Jack. :P

---
Togleloo wrote:These are powers Americans will really only make use of, and scum will likely not put them as priority at all, so we should probably make them low priority as well:
-Eavesdrop would only be used by scum to hear the other scum team or prevent a player from hearing their day talk.
-Air Base would only stop a kill from the opposing scum team.
Are you serious? This ability is basically Bulletproof/Godfather ie. a SCARY ability for scum. It's
practically
made for scum.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

The last game was pretty big on Ciphers, codebreaking and stuff like that. (Percy was so badass last game, decrypting ciphers by pen and paper. That's where I got my mental image of him 8D.). It'll be nice if the people who take eavesdrop know about that too.

Also, people should refrain from posting about their suspicions right now. Scum can still talk freely and strategize without any risk of interceptions during DEFCON 5 and 4.

DEFCON 5 and 4 are for strategy talks. Like this one:

What do you guys say about a sub claim? It was a discussion we had from last game. Although, Scum did get the sub so it wasn't really a big deal. But, suppose an American gets the sub: Should he claim or not?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

DEFCON 5 and 4 would be an awesome time to read the rules too!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Fate wrote:And what the hell do you even mean should the sub claim or not?

D1VV; HAI GUYZ I GOT A PR THAT IS SUB OK SCUM SO YOU KNOW TO KILL ME/NOT

D1 claims are fuckin fail. WHEN SUB TIME comes around THEN claiming is for teh win and shooting accordingly.
1. The claimed sub is basically a nuke who is accountable for his kill. Plus a claimed subTown means that we can dissuade our silly sub from nuking in the event he starts being stupid, just like a regular Townienuke.
2. I don't think scum would want to claim sub, since the whole secret nuking thing is the point of it.
3. If no one claims, we
know
scum got the sub therefore we can set our nukes to defensemode/target obvtowns with battleship etc.

These the discussion points from the first version, IIRC. I think it's pretty valid to talk about it here.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

@Fate: One of each PR. Meaning, we get at most 10 PRs and at least 10 nukes(That's a lot of nukes, now that I think of it. >.>).

@chesskid: Why?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:44 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Toogeloo wrote:How does someone following a town direction to kill prove alignment? If they are scum and town majority wants another town dead, did he just confirm himself when he shot the guy? Leaving individual kills to group consensus opens the avenue of allowing that kill to be manipulated by the informed minority. A little persuasion here, a little charisma there, next thing you know, you've got a vig controlled by the mafia.
Doesn't prove anything. We lynch/suspect whoever influenced the nuke. Treat the nuke like we would a quickhammer/daykill.

I'm on TEAM PERCY. Chaos is essentially better for scum. The better we organize ourselves, the better we will do.

In the last game, it was very chaotic at the start because the Townies were all gungho and were rambling amongst each other and playing the blame game. (Plus 3 out of 3 scum lurked their asses off so. >.>). It all went better when the uncooperative Townies were killed off.

We got our act together, organized and then we quickly caught up on what would have been an easy scum sweep. However, Town was already drowning with WIFOM by the end so we still lost. >.>.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:40 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

This thread makes me think so much of America. It's all bipartisanship in here. The next step would be to find a common ground between the two ideas of Law vs. Chaos.

Law people want to regulate nukes so they can be used smartly. Therefore, prefers to ban all people from using nukes unless sanctioned by the rest of Town.
I don't see
any
argument from the Chaos side aside from the usual egotistic 'DERP I WANT DAYKILLZ', 'NO U I NO CLAIM SUB IF I GETZ BCUZ I WIN.', 'DIS MORE FUN BLOOD FOR BLOOD GOD'.

Don't give in to these ORKs. These orks are a bunch of brutes with no order and they regularly fight amongst themselves.

Fighting FOR THE EMPEROR is better. You get to be main characters, for one. AND you get to wield CHAINSWORDS. CHAIN-SWORDS. It's A FUCKING SWORD THAT IS ALSO A CHAINSAW.

Join the IMPERIUM now! Just get your nuke sanctioned by the will of the Emperor and we can GUARANTEE you'll be nuking scum soon.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:43 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

EBWOP:
'DIS MORE FUN BLOOD FOR BLOOD GOD'.

'DIS MORE FUN MORE DAKKA DAKKA'

For accuracy. Forgot I switched them from Chaotes to ORKZ. >.>
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:57 am

Post by VasudeVa »

SpyreX wrote:I like how that your sentiment really shows through starting with "bipartisan" and going right to :giantsmugulon:

See, I'll make it real simple. I trust myself right now to take a shot.

As time progresses, maybe I'll take some input from a few others. Input. Never the

What I wont do, now, or ever, is let my shot be guided by a load of miscreants.

Or, to put it differently:

The will of the people produces backwards lists. That go into a bureaucratic mess where 6 of the voices sure as hell want to gerrymander anything useful.
The WRATH OF THE BLOOD GOD produces bodies.

I know what team I'm on, every time.
How do you suppose we avoid the clusterfuck that was last game's D1 & D2 if everyone's going "I TRUST NO ONE BUT MY OWN NUKE". Besides, that's really not the argument. You're probably misinterpreting things.

The argument is more like 'If you're collectively found to be scummy, your nuke is our command.' or 'Only protown people should be allowed to nuke.'. What I'm getting from your side is 'ALLOW EVERYONE TO NUKE WHOEVER THE FUCK THEY WANT.' which is definitely bad.

I think that, as the game progresses, the Townier people w/ nukes will be allowed to shoot people they want anyway since nukes are definitely something we want to take advantage of.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:30 am

Post by VasudeVa »

RC 323 wrote:Clearly the middle ground is exactly what me and AV are talking about. Nukes are to be used independently up unto the point where it no longer becomes feasible for the town not the mass claim. Once we've reached the point where we need to lay all the cards on the table, then we'll benefit much more for submitting all nuclear decisions to the greater community, because we can map out with a greater probability hitting potential scum.
This is actually what I had in mind when I had been trying to put the "Law' up. In fact, Too many CAPS in this game that I'm being paranoid of early game DEFCON 1.0 >.>. (Man that was a clusterfuck.)
Faraday 345 wrote:@ VV did you ever read D1 and D2 of last game or are you just guessing? Judging by what you've said ITT the latter seems more likely.
Spy 341 wrote:The hell did nukes have to do with last games D1 and D2?
D1 and D2 last game were megaclusterfucks. D1 was a good lynch gone horribly wrong with Els flipping doc. D2 was HORRIBLE due Andriusgate. That was one of the worst days I have ever lived through with 3 Town PRs outing themselves. @.@. Things were way too chaotic last game due to people believing in their own results a little too much. See why I'm trying to get some order around here?
SpyreX wrote:If I WAS scum this game, you know what would scare me shitless?

Not getting lynched. Psh.
Not even cross-kills.
It's the uncontrolled nukes. Note, not the 'town' nukes. Those turn into the 'getting lynched' business. What would make me nervous ALL GAME would be the fear at any point someone would go 'this is gut' and launch a nuke.

Because that can't be controlled.

So, what would I do as scum here? Just this. Control as much as possible (note: this is also part of the problem with "THE LIST" but I'll get there later).
Yes, and no. UNCONTROLLED GUT nukes might also kill protown people playing a good game. Scare scum shitless? Sure! Might hit awesome Townies doing a good job leading Town? Yeah.

I have thought of a better compromise though, through RedC's quote above. See if you agree Spy.

Early game, when isn't much danger.
Some
freedom with the nukes might be awesome. Might get some good gut shots etc. However once it starts getting close to LyLo... THEN we start upholding Martial Law. No idiots risking Town loss by killing people who could be important. Should work like real wartime, eh?

---

Okaay, I notice that I'm startiing to skim and that's never good.

Things seems to getting heated though and I'd like to emphasize rule 14. (Since there are a lot of silly people in this game.). Hammer this in your heads.
Teh FUCKING RULEZ wrote:
14) There is zero-tolerance for using subterfuge or deception with the moderator commands (posting Nuke: PLAYERNAME when you do not possess a missile silo in nuclear launch mode, for example). Violations of this rule are punishable
by modkill on the first offense
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:58 am

Post by VasudeVa »

I'm sorry I disappeared for a while. I was held against my will! Three of my friends suddenly came over. At 3am, Sunday. I didn't want to go with them. But then they showed me a ziplock full of weed. I spent the last three days my friend's house high as a kite, practicing songs for the band. It was fucking awesome.

Although, I'll have to announce
V/LA this coming weekend.
Since I've got a gig coming up.

Be doing my catching up Tommorow. >.>
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

I lied. I can't catch up today either due to some unforeseen circumstances(like waking up 2 hours before a 1 hour 30 minute trip I'm supposed to make). Sorry guys.

For now,
vote: Bunnylover
. Out of all the 'Hey I'm posting stuff on DEFCON 5-4' people, I seemed to dislike this guy from what I remember so long ago. Will make a bigger awesomer post once I'm done being busy.

My V/LA starts today so. >.>.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:54 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

I'm still here. I <3 Mafia too much. But I'm still busy.

I promise I'll be back before Xmas. >.>. Count on it.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (isolation #14) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:32 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

MOD: I request replacement.

Stupid holidays. Too far behind now and I'm still swamped. At this rate, it'll be around the first week of January before I get any real time to read.

Aussie relatives visiting after 10 years = Lotsa sightseeing in backwater provinces with no internet. My parents thought it was an awesome idea to volunteer me since I'm currently unemployed and bumming around the house.

I didn't expect them to have all this time energy and money to last this long otherwise I would have replaced out 2 weeks ago. (I thought we would be sightseeing around for a week, tops. It's been 15 days...and counting. >.>)

I'm so soorry Alm >.<, Sorry everyone else.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”