farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by farside22 »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 12

Seacore
- 7 - BloodCovenent, Xylthixlm, Pomegranate, elvis_knits, Cobalt, chamber, devotress - (L-5)
FishytheFish
- 2 - Dramonic, budja - (L-10)
elvis_knits
- 1 - Vi - (L-11)
drippinggoofball
- 1 - Farside22 - (L-11)
devotress
- 1 - SerialClergyman - (L-11)
Cobalt
- 1 - Seacore - (L-11)
BloodCovenent
- 1 - StrangerCoug - (L-11)

Players not voting: Vaya, TonyMontana, Plum, FishytheFish, Faraday, drippinggoofball, Cruciare, Benmage

I need to read this thread again. Something just struck me but it's late and I had a long day.
For now
Vote: DGB

You said you were not playing mafia any more. You lied!!! :P

I have a theory and this is help with some fake claim's that could happen in this game, with the possible roles that may be in the game. As we all now everyone picked a role they wanted. I'm expecting some fake claims to come with this game and some people may have picked a role that was already taken. If you see a fake claim and you know that role could not belong to the player based on where you were on the list compared to where they were I hope like hell you vote them and vote them with little doubt that they are trying to out a PR or fake claim and hope for the best.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:23 pm

Post by Devotress »

He wanted to list out everyone who had power roles in a game with up to 4 anti town kills a night.
Just reiterating that.

I stand firmly by my accusation untill he can give a compelling why reason that it's worth losing all our power roles in a few nights.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by Benmage »

screw the rvs,
vote chamber
this is a real vote. its called the policy lynch phase. chamber sucks. dgb aint worth a whole lot either..and the new guy seacore may warrant one as well.

feel free to list any more possible policy lynches... i recognized most, and dont see any others, but theres a few i don't know. so let me know....

shift keys broke :P
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:03 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@mod
have the scum had a chance to communicate? Do they know each other’s powers? Also, could you please put your top-of-page votecounts in your colour? Makes them easier to distinguish from the actual post.

Setup thoughts:
Agreed that framer should claim, if by some miracle they are protown. The framer has no conceivable protown use, unless you count confirming that they are indeed the framer. The driver, I disagree on – there are potentially cool uses of a protown driver (certainly late in the game, and probably before).

Vigs should shoot. I think a sensible protown vig has about the same chance as a lynch of hitting scum.

Most town PRs generally help the town more than the corresponding scum PRs hurt us (exceptions – framer, driver probably, roleblocker probably, empowerer). This means that there should be a bias against lynching/shooting people from the top of the list, who are very likely important PRs. Also, if these people are scum, they are more likely to attract crosskills. This doesn’t mean we trust the top of the list; nor does it mean we don’t try to determine their alignment, but if I find Cobalt very scummy, and Dramonic slightly less scummy, I’m going to be wanting to lynch Dramonic.

Unusually, massclaim is much more powerful early in this game than late (as scum won’t know whether or not their fakeclaim has actually been taken – later there will be a supply of fake claims for “vanillas”). If scum don’t know who has what role in their team, immediate massclaim up the list (obviously including attempted draft for vanillas) is going to make life very sticky for obvious scum roles. I’m not sure whether it’s worth it though, particularly with driver/roleblocker/empowerer to screw with us.
SerialClergyman wrote:I dislike Devotress's vote though, and will put my money where my mouth is. I've had a theory for a while that the first person to accuse someone of role fishing is scum. This has been built up over a few games of getting accused of fishing or watchign other townies getting accused of fishing, and it almost always is one of those things that scum feel so unapproachably correct in doing that they jump at the chance.

Vote devotress
I agree with this. Rolefishing is bad. But scum don't rolefish by saying "oh, let's have a massclaim of vanillas" - and I don't think anyone really thinks they do. It's such a standard "scummy thing to do", but I think using crude, blatant rolefishing as a scumtell goes seriously against the facts. I don't believe scums thought processes go "I'll suggest a massclaim of vanillas. People will agree with this very antitown idea. I win!".
@Devotress: seacore suggested that, with the agreement of the town, we out all our PRs. Accepting that this is a terrible idea (if they claim draft attempts, it will out concrete PRs and we may as well massclaim; if not, I see no benefit), what do you think seacore expected to happen next?
vote: Devotress
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:04 pm

Post by Benmage »

what the fuck lol...i didnt realize we were on page 5... i read page one, ahaha
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:06 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Oh, and I have a short
upcoming V/LA
- next Monday-Wednesday (21st-23rd).
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:10 pm

Post by Devotress »

Fishythefish wrote:@Devotress: seacore suggested that, with the agreement of the town, we out all our PRs. Accepting that this is a terrible idea (if they claim draft attempts, it will out concrete PRs and we may as well massclaim; if not, I see no benefit), what do you think seacore expected to happen next?
hypothetically his plan was to catch scum down the line in their lies. "Oh, I went for watcher but it was taken so I ended up vanilla" But than when we massclaim on a later Day, there are no watchers.
You're suggesting I'm either scum, or if town, missinterpeting my strong disagreement with this plan as him being scummy right?.
I don't know. I still feel comfortable with my vote on him untill we can talk more about this tomorrow when he comes online.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

You misunderstand my question. I know what his claimed plan as town was. However, you believe he's scum. As scum, what did he expect to come from his play?

I think that disagreeing with a plan does not, in a townie's mind, automatically lead to thinking the proposer is scum, and that there's no particular reason it would in this case.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:29 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Whoa. Been a while since I played a large game, don't usually wake up to 5 pages in a new game. -.-
Cobalt wrote:1) There is zero reason for a town player to choose the framer role.
I did pick framer.
Initially. (But changed my pick before spyrex picked up the PM)

And my pro-town reason for picking it was WIFOM. I figured that since i was number 11 in the draft, if I got vanilla, then one of the 10 peoples above me would have picked the framer.
And since there's no pro-town reason to pick framer, that person would be scum as well. Paradoxical, sure. I was basically thinking I'd forsake the opportunity of getting a role, in trade for this piece of information.

Just wanted to state a reason, since i had one (>zero)
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Post by Devotress »

Fishythefish wrote:You misunderstand my question. I know what his claimed plan as town was. However, you believe he's scum. As scum, what did he expect to come from his play?
Atleast a partial list of people who did not have any powers and could be saved to be night killed later on.

I think that disagreeing with a plan does not, in a townie's mind, automatically lead to thinking the proposer is scum, and that there's no particular reason it would in this case.
Generally I agree with this. I thought that was what you were implying though, my mistake.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by Cruciare »

<3 Tony, I joined this game just to play with you again. :D

The pro-town reason for picking framer would be to claim ASAP and never use it so the cop can investigate in peace. If someone had this intention, they should (and would) claim. Seacore's idea on the other hand stinks. Seacore's obsession with outing power roles stinks too. Seacore's wagon however similarly stinks of opportunistic scumbags. That said for now I feel like I'm going to have an itch every time I read this thread if don't
Vote: Benmage

@Mod, there's something funny on the votecount with Budja and Chamber.
[i]My horse is a motorbike; your argument is invalid.[/i]
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:44 am

Post by dramonic »

Considering I'm dead last on the list, should I confirm the existence of a role? (Since it's somewhat obvious I'm vanilla)
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:47 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Devotress wrote:
Unvote

Because we moved out of jokie phase really fast.

vote seacore

Okay, I believe he was role fishing now. What serial clergyman said. You're giving scum a list of who to kill for the first few days, remembering that there's up to 4 anti town faction kills every day.
why did it take you so long to vote Seacore? most of the town started on page 1. I know you posted at least twice since that wagon, why did it take you so long to vote?
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:00 am

Post by Devotress »

BloodCovenent wrote: why did it take you so long to vote Seacore? most of the town started on page 1. I know you posted at least twice since that wagon, why did it take you so long to vote?
Earlier on in the day while I found him suspicious, I disagreed with the Vi's belief that seacore had been rolefishing. (see post 23)
I chose to vote for him in my first post after he made the post suggesting we out all the vanillas(and therefor power roles too).
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:27 am

Post by chamber »

@Benmage I haven't been policy lynched in forever, ah the nostalgia.

Unvote
(even though I haven't posted yet I'm voting on the above vote count)
Vote Elvis
Taking a break from the site.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:30 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Cruciare wrote:<3 Tony, I joined this game just to play with you again. :D
Been a while. ;) Let's hope we'll do as well, this time. (unless you're scum :P)
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

DGB failed to vote anyone when she posted.

If this seacore wagon wasn't so awesome, I would vote her for that.

<3
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:46 am

Post by Vi »

The Seacore wagon isn't awesome though.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:49 am

Post by chamber »

Vi wrote:The Seacore wagon isn't awesome though.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:23 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Vi wrote: tl;dr more Seacore pressure plz
Vi, this has been bothering me. Why did you initiate this wagon as a pressure wagon, you of all people should know announcing it as pressure votes nullifies the pressure.

It almost feels like you wanted it to escalate then die down, like you knew nothing was going to come of it.
Vi wrote:The Seacore wagon isn't awesome though.

Unvote:

Vote: Vi
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:28 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Cobalt wrote:Nice try, Seacore, but that's totally unreasonable.
1) There is zero reason for a town player to choose the framer role.
2) There is zero reason for a scum player to claim framer.

I think one of your partners picked framer, and you wanted to set up town cred for them.
Oh-oh. Cobalt is scum.

vote: Cobalt
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:29 am

Post by Vi »

BloodCovenant 119 wrote:Why did you initiate this wagon as a pressure wagon,
I knew there was a chance that Seacore's slip in the sign-up topic (the focus of my argument) was a false positive, but I pushed it anyway... for... pressure.
Seacore's responses (due to that pressure) look Town. With that in mind, I don't want a wagon on someone I presently believe is Town.
If Seacore had responded differently than he had I would still be pushing that wagon relentlessly.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:31 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Vi wrote:
BloodCovenant 119 wrote:Why did you initiate this wagon as a pressure wagon,
I knew there was a chance that Seacore's slip in the sign-up topic (the focus of my argument) was a false positive, but I pushed it anyway... for... pressure.
Seacore's responses (due to that pressure) look Town. With that in mind, I don't want a wagon on someone I presently believe is Town.
If Seacore had responded differently than he had I would still be pushing that wagon relentlessly.
You still ping'd my gut.

unvote:

Vote: Cobalt
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Vi »

BloodCovenent 119 wrote:
Unvote:

Vote: Vi
Further. You unvoted Seacore to vote me.
If I was really trying to put Seacore up as the first-wagon-that-doesn't-get-lynched (presumably because he's my partner), you would be better served calling your own bluff by keeping your vote on Seacore, as presumably we would both be scum anyway.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:33 am

Post by chamber »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 12

Benmage
- 1 - Cruciare - (L-11)
BloodCovenent
- 2 - StrangerCoug, chamber - (L-10)
chamber
- 1 - Benmage - (L-11)
Cobalt
- 3 - Seacore, drippinggoofball, BloodCovenent - (L-9)
devotress
- 2 - SerialClergyman, FishytheFish - (L-10)
drippinggoofball
- 1 - Farside22 - (L-11)
elvis_knits
- 1 - Vi - (L-11)
FishytheFish
- 1 - Dramonic - (L-11)
Seacore
- 6 - Xylthixlm, Pomegranate, elvis_knits, Cobalt, devotress, budja - (L-6)

Players not voting: Faraday, Plum, TonyMontana, Vaya

Unvote vote blood

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”