Newbie #851 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie #851 (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by iamausername »

The mafia has invaded your town, and you will stand for it no longer! To the town square, everybody, we've got a lynching to organise!

The Players:

Alive (2/9)

david-villa-7
Einlanzers†, Mafia Goon - Survived
PorkchopExpress†, Mafia Goon - Survived

(Names marked with a * are Inexperience Challenged players. Names marked with a † are Semi-Experienced players.)

Dead (7/9)

stands2reason, Doctor - Lynched Day One

AntiSemantic, Townie - Killed Night One
Alviaran, Townie - Lynched Day Two
mykonian*, Townie - Killed Night Two
Pierre Sickle, Townie - Lynched Day Three
Signore del Fiori
swimmer4lyfe

Kyiv, Townie - Killed in Endgame
Spinach†, Townie - Killed in Endgame

Current Status:

Phase: Game Over!
Deadline: -
Last edited by iamausername on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 10 times in total.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by iamausername »

The Rules:

1. Social Contract

*This is a game. I've done my best while setting it up to make it enjoyable for everyone. Fun is our first priority.

*I will do the following:
=treat this game as my MafiaScum priority, as a committment to the players
=post votecounts at least once per page whenever possible
=prod players w/o prompting
=answer questions as soon as possible

*I expect all players to do the following:
=have fun and play to win
=treat the game as a commitment to yourself, to the other players and to me
=not make personal attacks
=stay active per my activity policy
=bring concerns or problems to my attention as soon as possible

2. Activity

*This game will have fixed deadlines (extensible only in extreme circumstances) and I expect players to actively participate.

*Deadlines for days are 3 weeks long. Deadlines for nights will be 72 hours long. All deadlines will expire at 7PM GMT. However, if a player is in need of replacement during a night phase, the night will not end until that replacement is found, regardless of whether or not that player has a night action to perform.

*Players not posting for 72 hours will be prodded and must respond in the game thread within 24 hours, or risk being replaced.

*If you see a player has not posted in thread for 72 hours and I have not announced a prod, please PM me. All prods are stated publicly.

*If you will be away and unable to post over 48 hours, please let me know. You may be replaced if I believe your absence will disrupt the game.

3. Votes and Lynches

*Lynches will only occur with a true majority of voters (Half the number of living players plus one). Once a person has reached a majority, they are dead and unvoting them will not stop the lynch.

*If the deadline hits before anyone has been lynched, then no one will be lynched.

*Votes and unvotes should be bolded in the following format (
vote: iamausername
unvote: iamausername
). It is not necessary to unvote before making a new vote.

*Players may vote for no lynch to occur on any given day (
vote: No Lynch
). A majority of votes for no lynch will end the day and no one will be lynched.

*Until I have counted the votes and posted the death scene and role reveal, all players including the lynchee may continue to post.

*Once I have posted a scene indicating that a player is dead, they are not to post anything else at all, not even a "Bah!" post.

4. Other (but still important!) Stuff
*Do not post or quote directly from any PM or communication outside this thread between me and you or you and another player. Do so and I will modkill you. Don't even fake it. Put whatever you have to say in your own words.

*Modkills end the day.

*Do not post in invisible/small text or otherwise attempt to hide the text of your posts.

*Do not edit your posts or the posts of others.

*Do not discuss this game with other players (whether in this game or not) outside of this thread, unless I have told you otherwise, until this game is completed.

*At my sole discretion I reserve the right to remove any player from the game and replace or modkill their role.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by iamausername »

The Setup:

This game will use the F11 setup, as is standard for all Newbie games at the moment. This is a semi-open setup, where one of the four possibilities listed below is randomly chosen, with equal weight given to each.

- 7 Townies, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon
- 5 Townies, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon
- 6 Townies, 1 Cop, 2 Mafia Goons
- 6 Townies, 1 Doctor, 2 Mafia Goons

*In either of the first two cases, if the mafia goon is killed first, the roleblocker will be able to submit both a kill AND a block each night.

*All roles are assigned totally randomly, with no accounting for IC status, or anything else.

These are the possible Role PMs:
You are a
Townie
. During the night, you have no special abilities to use.

During the day, you must attempt to find the mafia members hidden in the town, and you may vote for which player you wish to see lynched.

You win when all mafia players are dead.
You are a
Cop
. During the night, you may choose one other player to investigate. If your investigation is not blocked, you will receive a response of "Guilty" if they are aligned with the mafia, and "Innocent" if they are aligned with the town. If your investigation is blocked, you will receive a response of "No Result".

During the day, you must attempt to find the mafia members hidden in the town, and you may vote for which player you wish to see lynched.

You are a
Doctor
. During the night, you may choose one other player to protect. If your protection is not blocked, then that player will not die if they are the target of the mafia's kill that night. You will not be informed if you are blocked.

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
. Your partner is
[NAME]
, who is a Mafia Goon. During the night, the two of you may converse in private and decide on one member of the town to target for a kill. In addition, you may target one player to block, and if that player is performing a special action at night, it will fail.

During the day, you must attempt to blend in with the town, and you may vote for which player you wish to see lynched. You may not communicate in private with your partner during the day.

You win when all town players are dead, or when it is inevitable that this will be the case.
You are a
Mafia Goon
. Your partner is
[NAME]
, who is (a Mafia Roleblocker/also a Mafia Goon). During the night, the two of you may converse in private and decide on one member of the town to target for a kill.

During the day, you must attempt to blend in with the town, and you may vote for which player you wish to see lynched.

You win when all town players are dead, or when it is inevitable that this will be the case.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=All Role PMs have gone out. Day One will begin once everyone has confirmed. Until then, mafia members may communicate in private.=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Confirms are all in, so Day One is a go! Deadline set for Tuesday, 27th October. With 9 alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch.=-
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by Spinach »

Vote: PorkchopExpress

Ew, Porkchops.
SemanticError
SemanticError
Townie
SemanticError
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by SemanticError »

vote: Spinach

I think he brought it upon himself. Seriously, someone named "Spinach" calling into question a food-based username? And meat > plants. Always.

Jeez.
I am openly anti-semantic. If you are offended by that statement, you probably are too.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:29 pm

Post by mykonian »

hello everyone. I am your IC today, and I hope we are here to have some fun. And catch mafia of course. Well, that is easy, I already found then :P

vote Pierre
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Vote: Alviaran

'Cause if you replace the "Alv" in "Alviaran" with "Maf", it spells "Mafiaran". Scum giveaway, not to mention the fact that they're running and what not, even more evil. What kind of twisted scum are you? Running. Pfft...
There's a destination a little up the road
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by mykonian »

o, yes, before I forget: it would be appreciated if you didn't claim too early, unless you are mafia ;) Townie claims are usually not helping the town, but are helping the mafia.
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

Vote: stands2reason
Yeah, we'll see about that!
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:50 pm

mykonian wrote:hello everyone. I am your IC today, and I hope we are here to have some fun. And catch mafia of course. Well, that is easy, I already found then :P

vote Pierre
Ah, this is the guy that you should look to if you're having some troubles grasping the game. (That's the game, mind you, not actual play. There's a fine distinction.) Also, Spinach and I are SE's, which means we've played a couple of games enough to kinda explain the odd bit of game theory, strategy, or mechanics. That said, take everything with a grain of salt in Mafia, even veterans can be wrong.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Signore del Fiori
Signore del Fiori
Townie
Signore del Fiori
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:09 pm

Post by Signore del Fiori »

Vote: AntiSemantic

I rather
enjoy
semantics, thank you.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:01 am

Post by mykonian »

PorkchopExpress wrote:
mykonian wrote:hello everyone. I am your IC today, and I hope we are here to have some fun. And catch mafia of course. Well, that is easy, I already found then :P

vote Pierre
Ah, this is the guy that you should look to if you're having some troubles grasping the game. (That's the game, mind you, not actual play. There's a fine distinction.) Also, Spinach and I are SE's, which means we've played a couple of games enough to kinda explain the odd bit of game theory, strategy, or mechanics. That said, take everything with a grain of salt in Mafia, even veterans can be wrong.
and I thought I was always right :( anyway, just to avoid confusion: I won't lie about the game. Everything I say gamewise (theory, etc) will be honest. Further, I am just a normal player, and probably not much better then you are. So I am not here to find the scum for you ;)
SemanticError
SemanticError
Townie
SemanticError
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:59 am

Post by SemanticError »

mykonian wrote:o, yes, before I forget: it would be appreciated if you didn't claim too early, unless you are mafia ;) Townie claims are usually not helping the town, but are helping the mafia.
I guess I should hold off on the vanilla townie claim then, eh?
I am openly anti-semantic. If you are offended by that statement, you probably are too.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Pierre Sickle »

AntiSemantic wrote:
mykonian wrote:o, yes, before I forget: it would be appreciated if you didn't claim too early, unless you are mafia ;) Townie claims are usually not helping the town, but are helping the mafia.
Unvote: Alviaran, Vote: AntiSemantic

Misleading role claim? Then again, if someone will jump a bandwagon suddenly, this much into the game; I'll put on my FoS. It could be activity limits, but then it's still RvS. :D
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Spinach »

AntiSemantic wrote:
vote: Spinach

I think he brought it upon himself. Seriously, someone named "Spinach" calling into question a food-based username? And meat > plants. Always.

Jeez.
Honestly, why the hate for Spinach? It's delicious, and I find it depressing that it has a bad reputation, it's Popeye, people!

And I knew someone would vote me for my name, it always happens, so I figured I'd vote someone else for their food related name first. :P

Also, Meat > Plants?! Blasphemy! Lies! It's Plants > Meat, get it right.
You just lost the game.
SemanticError
SemanticError
Townie
SemanticError
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:40 am

Post by SemanticError »

@Spinach: No direct hate for spinach, I swear! I do enjoy the stuff. Great way to top off a turkey panini, I even put some in a quiche just last night. But the turkey is the key ingredient. Even the quiche had ham. Spinach is addition, not a focus. That's what meat is for. Mkay?

I think your priorities are a little mixed up... Maybe not just in terms of food. I'm watching you.

@Pierre: Vanilla townie is not really a role claim. These games start with a bunch of townies living their lives, until people start dying. Everyone is innocent until we have a reason to think otherwise. Circles I'm used to, that's the base assumption. I meant it sarcastically, but to be clearer I'll use more smilies next time. ;)

:wink:
Signore del Fiori
Signore del Fiori
Townie
Signore del Fiori
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Signore del Fiori »

Spinach wrote:Also, Meat > Plants?! Blasphemy! Lies! It's Plants > Meat, get it right.
This, this, and this! It's great to see this guy has his priorities sorted out.

@AS: I'm stealing your @ thing since it looks nifty and convenient in terms of communication. I'm also calling you AS, if that's cool.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

And he MUSTN'T have stolen that from Twitter righ t? :wink:

(That's what you call sarcasm good folks)

Thanks for the info! :D
SemanticError
SemanticError
Townie
SemanticError
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by SemanticError »

@Pierre: I swear, I didn't steal it! I've been using it for... at least longer than Twitter has been around. Magic the Gathering mafia forums. I have proof. Think I could sue?

@SdF: A second plant lover?! Our second mafia member, I say! A sort of vegan yakuza. Sickening.

And I completely support the use of acronyms.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by mykonian »

AntiSemantic wrote:
yes, since your role is one thing town has against the mafia. The mafia doesn't know where what roles are, and any information in that direction helps them.
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:11 pm

AntiSemantic wrote:Everyone is innocent until we have a reason to think otherwise.
Nope.
Unvote. Vote: AntiSemantic
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:04 am

Post by mykonian »

[quote="AntiSemantic]
@Pierre: Vanilla townie is not really a role claim. These games start with a bunch of townies living their lives, until people start dying. Everyone is innocent until we have a reason to think otherwise. Circles I'm used to, that's the base assumption. I meant it sarcastically, but to be clearer I'll use more smilies next time. ;)

:wink:[/quote]

k. Vanilla is a claim here. Fakeclaiming as town is usually frowned upon, please don't do it, so a vanilla claim would mean that you aren't a powerrole. Good for you, but that increases the chance that mafia nightkills a powerrole, and that is not that good for you. Because of that, please refrain from claiming early.

The "anyone is innocent until proven otherwise" is a way to look at the game, but know that you should be looking for bad guys. Other players might use other assumptions.

unvote vote porkchop
it is not a weird way to look at the game, and should be respected anyway.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Spinach »

PorkchopExpress wrote:
AntiSemantic wrote:Everyone is innocent until we have a reason to think otherwise.
Nope.
Unvote. Vote: AntiSemantic
. . . you're going to have to explain a little more than 'nope' and a vote. Why do you disagree with it? What makes people who agree with AS's statement scummy? (I'm assuming you think he's scummy because of the vote, correct me if I'm wrong)

And a general rule: It's never good to vote someone without stating why.

Also: Alviaran, David and Stands, come and play! :D
You just lost the game.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”