Newbie #851 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Vote: Alviaran

'Cause if you replace the "Alv" in "Alviaran" with "Maf", it spells "Mafiaran". Scum giveaway, not to mention the fact that they're running and what not, even more evil. What kind of twisted scum are you? Running. Pfft...
There's a destination a little up the road
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Pierre Sickle »

AntiSemantic wrote:
mykonian wrote:o, yes, before I forget: it would be appreciated if you didn't claim too early, unless you are mafia ;) Townie claims are usually not helping the town, but are helping the mafia.
I guess I should hold off on the vanilla townie claim then, eh?
Unvote: Alviaran, Vote: AntiSemantic

Misleading role claim? Then again, if someone will jump a bandwagon suddenly, this much into the game; I'll put on my FoS. It could be activity limits, but then it's still RvS. :D
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

And he MUSTN'T have stolen that from Twitter righ t? :wink:

(That's what you call sarcasm good folks)

Thanks for the info! :D
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

I hereby do stand quite well behind my previous vote for AntiSemantic. It looks like he/she (?) is trying to mislead us and give quite a lot of reasons, JUST at Semi-RvS. By the way, is it frowned upon to start a bandwagon, even if you do have some pretty good reasons, and I am not trying right now to start one mind you.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

My internet just dipped, and am once again confirming my activity. Just in case it DOES fizz out again, please prod me in a PM.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

PorkchopExpress wrote:
Pierre Sickle wrote:I hereby do stand quite well behind my previous vote for AntiSemantic. It looks like he/she (?) is trying to mislead us and give quite a lot of reasons, JUST at Semi-RvS. By the way, is it frowned upon to start a bandwagon, even if you do have some pretty good reasons, and I am not trying right now to start one mind you.
What are you trying to do then, exactly?
Noticed this now, what I am trying to do is give a point. Something simply to consider and take in mind for later, if it does result in a case where AS needs some sort of proof.

But now, your turning me the other way right now. That post in itself sounded awkward. You've just tried to buckle someone trying to help under pressure, though you were initially arguing with AntiSemantic in the first place.

It's still RVS but I'm putting the
FOS: PorkChopExpress
right now, but hey, this is still just a reply to your post.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Alviaran wrote:Sorry I haven't posted. Been
following
, just haven't had much to say. The game has been moving a tad slow compared to what I'm dealing with on another site.

I'm not dead yet!
You were following?

That's like lurking, in some way isn't it?
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Einlanzers wrote:
Spinach wrote:Why do you find so called 'silly' arguing scummy? I thought that that something scummy was something that scum generally do or something that is an advantage for scum to do. I don't see this as either, in fact, isn't this argument better than nothing? It's gotten us out of the deep RVS, though I'd say we're not quite out of it yet. Seems to me like you're just trying to just pile more suspicion on Anti/Porkchop.
Quite the contrary, in the 2 previous games I've played in there was always a conversation in Day 1 that made us think that 1 person or the other was scummy and it usually ended up that both people were town and we lynched one and had suspicions of the other...and regardless it doesn't usually end well. Now I'm not saying that AS and PCE are town for sure, but they method they are using is definantly NOT scum-hunting. Bickering about minor details in someone's statement does not make you the town savior. Finding HUGE flaws or contradictions, however does. So to sum it up...I wasn't saying they were scummy...just that it is something I dislike.
Excuse my newbiness:
So basically; people taking things the wrong way?
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:18 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

swimmer4lyfe wrote:you guys need to comment on Pierre more. So far people have just been "nice case! But I don't agree fully, but I'm not going to explain and ignore you" or have been "welcome to the game! Nice post! Now I'm going to ignore you"

More Pierre discussion please
Sorry all, stupid time zones and what not. First of all, swimmer, this is quite much for your first game. But, right now, I'm actually suspecting you, not just because of you thinking I'm scum. That of course would be indecent :).

To clear this up, it's my first game too, and I thought RVS was for the whole first day.

Next, you just want to get out of me so much? Two posts aren't needed IMO, someone did agree with you.

Just jump in, start making some accusations? To make it worse, you try to MAKE SURE that people know all my faults? Seems scummy to me... I think Alviaran also pointed this out.

Right now, attitude is over the whole nothing big yet.

Or it could be pissing you off that you made some incredible observation on me, although I'm not scum anyone those were some fine, fine points.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Still, nothing smells fishy. So
unvote
for now, a few good posts by AntiSemantic makes me think he's not so suspicious, but rather willing to help. But we DO need to get rid someone for informational purposes.

Vote: stands2reason

Now I think he's just trying to quickly get someone off and that with not posting at all. It's either he's really bad scum, trying to quickly get off with a post then hide.

Then, we can say he's a cop who has nothing behind a vote and just waits.

OR

We can say he's just a really bad player, not joining in and participating. So reasons, reasons, reasons, really.

But yeah, he can just be a huge newbie.
stands2reason wrote:
Einlanzers wrote:stands, I think you should vote as you want to vote, but you need to realize that your vote can have repercussions. If someone would have hammered Porkchop and he would have turned up to be town then you would have had a hand in that.

However, Spinach already took away that possibility by unvoting putting him back at L-2, so 2 people would have had to vote to lynch him. You unvoting doesn't really matter. You just put him at L-3. So if you DO think that he is scum you should vote for him, but DO NOT put someone at L-1 unless you are SURE of it.

That being said I give Spinach +1 town point for prevention of early hammer.
OK then. I still think he's kinda suspcious, so
vote: PE
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Well I needed time posting that : )

Just a bad post. I also give reasons as to why he may not be scum to add information. Sometimes, you have to look at the picture two ways.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Didn't you JUST say in the same post that a mislynch would be better. It would shed some light on who may be potential scum.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Pierre Sickle »

I WAS suspecting AS, but then some other people had some stronger scummy motives. But that's my two cents, I'm mainly posting to show my presence :)
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:58 am

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Einlanzers wrote:
Alviaran wrote:
Pierre Sickle wrote:Well I needed time posting that : )

Just a bad post. I also give reasons as to why he may not be scum to add information. Sometimes, you have to look at the picture two ways.
Yes, but you do not decide to lynch someone JUST to get information. We want to AVOID a mislynch if possible. We just have to come to terms that we are likely to mislynch and to realize that a mislynch is still better for us than a no lynch.

You're quickness to lynch someone for information tells me you are scummy and are trying to get us to lynch one of our own.
Pierre Sickle wrote:Didn't you JUST say in the same post that a mislynch would be better. It would shed some light on who may be potential scum.
Pierre he said that a mislynch would be better than a no lynch, but a scumlynch should be the thing you are ultimately looking for. He is also saying/inferring that you seem to want a lynch regardless of scum/town status to just get information. I am also getting a similar vibe now.

@Everyone, this could just be by scumdar not working properly, but I'm just getting a town read from stands2reason. Granted most people here are new to the game, but I just feel that his mistakes are mainly new-player-related. On the other hand, I am seeing a lot of scummy actions from Pierre and I'm going to put a
FoS Pierre Sickle
for now because I don't want to put him at L-1 without proper reason/explanation.
Well, that's right actually. My mistake, though I'm learning everyday. :D

Anyway, we really can't get anyone really for a scumlynch, seeing as no one has shown any major tells as of yet. I guess I should
Unvote
for stands hasn't had any huge traits. I think we need to hang back until we have someone, but we have to try as much as possible to avoid a mislynch. In the next week, I'm sure someone's gonna crack. But if that's not the case, we need another idea.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Pierre Sickle »

EBWOP: To AS, that was one piece of defense :)

I always thought defense was something, so that people would mistake you for scum. Guess I can guess again on that now.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Pierre Sickle »

stands2reason wrote:
Pierre Sickle wrote:Well, that's right actually. My mistake, though I'm learning everyday. :D

Anyway, we really can't get anyone really for a scumlynch, seeing as no one has shown any major tells as of yet. I guess I should
Unvote
for stands hasn't had any huge traits. I think we need to hang back until we have someone, but we have to try as much as possible to avoid a mislynch. In the next week, I'm sure someone's gonna crack. But if that's not the case, we need another idea.
Scummy vote for me, followed by an unvote to cover yourself lest you look suspicious. Though that is by no means unique to you.

Nevertheless, failing to explain yourself, and then you turn that unvote into pushing the scum mantra of let's be real careful and make sure not to lynch anyone by accident.

FOS Pierre
I UNVOTED you. I never voted you in the same post. I explained my unvote and I don't find giving the town some precautions to work with scummy in my book.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Pierre Sickle »

EBWOP: I just realized, your actually in suspicion of me for actually UNVOTING you. I actually regret removing my vote now, seeing as you just keep on trying to point me out. Trying to look like a thorough scum hunter, after having my suspicions on you, then trying to pointlessly take pokes at me even further by not suspecting you? Looks like your trying to get me out early, don't it?

But I must admit I haven't looked at many other people, so I'm trying to be decent. Right now, I'm suspecting
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

In defence, can I just say that stands2reason has just been on my case the whole time. It's now less of him actually scum hunting and more of him pointing single people out. I still hold my vote, seeing as that would just be a drastic OMGUS.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

I really haven't been following due to outside reasons, so I'm reading up on this thread then voting after the post. Sorry for any inconvenience.

13 hours to vote.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

EBWOP: Hey... I was only dumb enough to REALIZE now the situation. I'm an idchot after school...

Vote: stands2reason

Do I even need to say? That puts it at L-1 for both of us, it's Alv's decision now.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Alviaran wrote:Well...damn. :(
That still doesn't rub me right, despite it being at least a page ago. Swimmer's been on this case too I believe and seeing as most of my other suspects haven't lived up to my expectations.
Alviaran wrote:Alright, it doesn't appear we will get any kind of claim or even defense from them. I still think both are scummy. However, one has tried to avoid the suspicion placed on him by what can easily be perceived as newb moves. The other was pretty much a tunnel on the other from the start. And while I can agree with the suspicions leading to the tunnel, the tunnel just doesn't seem right.

Sorry, but here we go.

Vote: Stands2Reason
The reason I didn't give a claim was because really, it was day 1. Come on, I'm not gonna claim that quickly. This also goes to swimmer. I still wanna see some other posts though.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Over the last 2-3(?) pages, Spinach has done nothing but defend and point fingers. No real singling out there.
Spinach wrote:Question to everyone: Do you think it's okay to hammer without a claim if the deadline is uber close, as in, a few hours? Over no lynch at all? Because it seems Pierre/S2R are not going to claim.. and this worries me.

I certainly think lynching without a claim when deadline is a few hours away and we know the lynchee isn't going to claim.. mostly because I think tomorrow would be a repeat of the end of D1, but with one less person.

With this in mind: Alv: Are you going to be on close to the deadline? This is me just fretting over whether we'll get a lynch in or not, because I have to go get some sleep right about know..
Spinach wrote:Einlanzers wrote:
@Spinach:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11691
Santos and Lupo El Loco

@Spinach:
You misunderstand, I'm not saying it's hard to notice someone's scumminess by a Day 1 town lynch. I'm saying it's practically impossible to implicate anyone on JUST that. You need more evidence (such as what they said when they voted, any other contradictions, voting pattern on Day 2, etc).
Spinach, you're missing a big point here...look at your quote:
Spinach wrote:
Yes, voting patterns are a big deal to do with it, but there's more than votes, such as who defended the lynch and why, who supported the lynch or not

Your 2 points here can be EASILY found without going through with the lynch. You put the person at L-1/L-2 and you have a decent idea of that already. The ONLY drawback is that you're not 100% sure of the lynchee's role as-of-yet, but you can still get a feel for the scumminess of the lynchers.

Spinach wrote:
I mean, the most obvious information of all, the person's role, is determined at lynch. If that isn't information I don't know what is.

I agree. The best information about a lynch is role. But if you are perfectly fine lynching townies and don't want to do any real scumhunting then hey you learn that the person you lynched is town (some information), but you also lose the power of their vote.

*sigh* I'm not going to fight this anymore; you say that information is not always learned from a role, but then say the identity is information, and we always learn the identity. Plus, there are more pressing things we need to be worrying about 2 days from the deadline. Arguing this point isn't getting us any closer to finding scum.

Einlanzers wrote:
Spinach wrote:
What?! You're expecting us to lynch without a claim? That's crazy talk, lynching without a claim is a huge mistake, and claiming shouldn't happen until we're about to lynch, so role-fishing can be ruled out of it.

swimmer4lyfe wrote:
are you serious? you want to lynch someone on D1 without them claiming?

Wow you both saying the same thing their. You're obviously either very sure/passionate about Pierre being scum or you are scum yourselves. He's at L-2 and I'm the only one that has a FoS on him, and I'm not feeling overly confident that he is scum.. So how can you be forcing a role claim if he's at L-2 without even pressure of one more vote (let alone 2)?
What do you mean 'you're the only one who has a FoS on him'? To me, FoS and Hos are like half-votes, in which case there are 3 more votes on him, votes are stronger than FoS. And if you're not overly confident about him being scum, then you need to find someone you're confident about being scum and vote them. It's 2 days to deadline. We need to get serious. NOW. That's why I asked for the claim on him. He's at L-1 with 2 days left, and the most likely to be lynched (as he has the most votes). And fooling around hours before a deadline waiting for a claim is a situation nobody would want to be in.

That said, I ask everyone to vote who they would lynch (but don't go past L-1, we need a claim), since it seems we have 2 candidates. We have to come to an agreement or majority, and at this point in time it looks like Alivaran is going to be the swing vote.

Alivaran: Who is scum? Pierre or S2R?
Anyone else notice that he's kind of relating to Alviaran a little?

Day 2's meh scumhuntin' day.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (isolation #22) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Dang, ignore the last quote then. Go over the next three pages and have a look for yourself, you'll see what I mean. Also, mykonian, typing this, I'm pretty much flat dead, lost in poker twice last night and played 'til 2. Have a look for typos...
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

If I look over again, it was Alviaran who had a decision to vote. My bad, if that will cover it.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (isolation #24) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

EBWOP: I can't scumhunt properly in the mornings folks, please forgive me.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (isolation #25) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:09 am

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Sorry, I'm here, I'm here.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Pierre Sickle »

swimmer4lyfe wrote:
mykonian wrote:
Einlanzers wrote:Dangit...I keep finding stuff to respond to and making new posts. I'm sorry for this. This is the last of the series...

@mykonian,
I'm not a big fan of your play lately. The vote/ask question/get answer/unvote method is a pretty good method, but I think it's better for Day 1 when we have less information. Anything after Day 1 and it just looks like you're skipping around trying to latch onto anything.
which is exactly what I am doing. Which is the problem. I have problems with the scumminess of 4 people, and I have only 1 vote.

On the other hand, reacting to what comes up, is good.

I am not going to like Swimmers play. Voting in your first post, on a weak basis, and gently making your case bigger with things like not defending, OMGUS, and overdefensiveness. While not adding anything to the rest of the game.

How would the easiest scumplay be? find someone who is a bit scummy, so you have a good excuse for your vote, and then comment on nothing but how right you are in your vote. You look good, and you get your mislynch. The fact that you clearly "know" already who scum is, to be so confident in tunneling, is completely weird for a towny.

Also, the fact that Pierre completely disappeared from your posts, and you only go for someone who was attacked in the start following what you think the town, makes me think you are the scum here, and not Alv.

vote Swimmer
you know what's funny Myk, is that you went after S2R all day trying to derail my bandwagon, and guess what, YOU got your mislynch.
I still think Pierre is scum.

I've never OMGUS'd anyone in this game, so you're wrong there. I don't think I've been overdefensive.
I prefer the term aggressive.
I admit I might let some things slip by, but if repeated I will respond to them.

Actually the easiest way to play scum is to lurk, not scum hunt, and go with the flow and repeat everyone else's arguments.

What I've been doing may be perceived as tunnelling, but a) its not bad play anyways and b) I've been giving my thoughts on who I think is scum the entire game with reasoning and logic. I have just not talked about who I think is town, which I think is bad town play.

and once again myk, you lie about what I've done. I said I think Pierre and Alv are scum buddies, and I can only lynch one of them. I think Alv is much clearly scum than Pierre, and I only have one vote.

Although you flipping the tables and ignoring everything Alv done to attack is me is quite strange, and I'm beginning to think
you're actually his scum buddy trying to run the train on me.

Why are you ignoring Alv now Myk?
I really don't like the wording of that play, especially your last lines. Now, on day one, I was indeed, and many of you know, that I had an aggressive attitude to my post. This has stopped after reading on and reflecting on how my etiquette really was. Now, to help trace exactly what is scummy in this post, I've bolded and coloured, just to help the readers out a little.

you know what's funny Myk, is that you went after S2R all day trying to derail my bandwagon, and guess what, YOU got your mislynch.
- The first words before the comma are a little... how should I put this? More of a reality, out of game kinda dialogue. That's just minor for now and just may be a little, incey wincey slip we can use later.

I prefer the term aggressive.
- Maybe you should stop being more aggressive and start making a little more opinion based accusations. Now before you try to quote this, (OYEHZ) I know that your under suspicion of me, Alv and Mykonian but read the next paragraph and you'll see why I can counteract that with that.

you're actually his scum buddy trying to run the train on me.
- Now I know I did this too when I was starting out but hey, that was day one. Always think the present because people can change (EPIC CORNY, DANGIT). Now, you've pretty much pointed the finger, thrown away what you self-proclaimed was a good reason to vote Alv and me, and pretty much put the accusations on Mykonian, just because he didn't defend unless this:
"Although you flipping the tables and ignoring everything Alv done to attack is me is quite strange"
Actually has a DIFFERENT meaning then it's that with an accusation, still a quarter scummy at least. I'll proof read this later, gotta head to school.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (isolation #27) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Pierre Sickle »

I was looking for the moment where he tried to defend himself against me and I was sure he was making though accusations until he flatly ignored me. He seems not to like Mykonian though, which is probably because he tries to go after him a little more.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:26 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

@Alviaran: So your saying by hunting... I've done nothing?

And sometimes, real life can get in the way of mafia, it's not always lurking. Lurking, in my own thought should only be considered as a sort of final resort, mainly because of the reason here.

I've done my best, it's just that nothing's been big enough as to make a quality post about it.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

@Spinach:

I did respond...

Post 242, page 10.
(I've replaced the bad quote with a good one)

First of all, doesn't defending and pointing fingers basically account for a most of content in a game? And that hasn't been all I've been doing, I mean, Page 9 post 208 of mine contained neither defense or finger-pointing.

And you're going to have to elaborate on that last comment about alviaran, because I don't know what you mean. Do you think I'm playing like him? Do you think I'm playing like him? Do you think I'm buddying? What?

Point out something else that I need to respond to. Except the why was I so out of it yesterday, it was more of my newbiness. I thought the whole of the first day was a sort of Semi RVS and I really couldn't find anything, especially with the summer heat in Australia pretty much sizzling my internet for about two days. Stupid possums or whatever bear this country loves... Koala. That's it, stupid Koalas.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #356 (isolation #30) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Confirming Activity - Sorry, school schedule had me tied.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (isolation #31) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

If we can claim now, I'll claim, though I wouldn't resort to that so quickly. Obviously, most of you will think I've been lying with how I play. But, here it is and don't say I didn't tell you so... but I won't if Spinach does actually hammer. That being said, if he does, there's a suspect already, trying to get me off so fast.

Vanilla townie. I have no night powers and I can only vote in the day.

Oh and Alv, just had to put me down there with that attitude of yours didn't ya? ;)

Don't worry, I'll get you back SOMEHOW. :)
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #390 (isolation #32) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Okay, sorry, I've seriously been sick, and really, it's getting hard to play the game.

Anyway, seeing as there isn't much for me to chain down on, I'm going to go on basics. I'm still on Spinach's tail for the reasons before, and now, for just hammering Alv. It's basically nothing, but it could get the game moving on. I've claimed, and with that claim, I can stand behind it. For Spinach, I think that he's scum mainly because of just jumping the bandwagon.

But yes, the town did actually need to get someone out of the way. But it would've made more sense if he got me. One being, that the majority of the town really doesn't like my vibe, even after sending in a claim, though I must admit did seem shaky after re-reading, and, I even had a case on him.

Well, I'm still on me.

I'm a walking heap of contradictions, but I can reverse 'em if I think. :)
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (isolation #33) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Confirming Activity.
Spinach wrote:Yes, I do. He has dodged posts and made excuses too many times to be town. Plus of some of the things you have pointed out (besides the first point before the numbered list, as I don't know if you are town yourself.)

What do you mean by 'no more information'? What information do you mean? How can it help scum?
Before I started being suspicious of you, you weren't on my tail at all. The moment I started giving some seriously tiny accusations, you jump ship (wagon) like everyone else, moreso agressively I must say, just like how I was playing when we started playing. I think after reading a few guides, articles and what not, I'm starting to feel relaxed and easier on this game. I can scumhunt, like I'm trying to now, but I can always choose better wording. Well, that's my two cents.
Einlanzers wrote:In anycase, I'm just curious what people's thoughts are for their #1 scum (please no more information;
[!]we don't want to give scum any extra information[!]
)
@Spinach, it looks like you suspect Pierre the most?
[!] Is there a term for a remark like this? It sounds a little "iffy" to me, I don't know, it just doesn't set me right.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (isolation #34) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:58 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Spinach wrote:
Pierre wrote:Okay, sorry, I've seriously been sick, and really, it's getting hard to play the game.
So, you've been sick all game . .? I don't by this excuse.
It's "buy". We all make spelling errors (see next third wording, I'm working backwards on this post), I haven't been sick ALL game. I only stated about midway, there's a life outside of the computer and believe it or not... it sucks.

Pierre wrote:Anyway, seeing as there isn't much for me to chain down on, I'm going to go on basics. I'm still on Spinach's tail for the reasons before
Oh, you mean the ones that you have yet to respond to?
, and now, for just hammering Alv. It's basically nothing, but it could get the game moving on. I've claimed, and with that claim, I can stand behind it. For Spinach, I think that he's scum mainly because of just jumping the bandwagon.
I thought I clearly stated I was leaning Alviaran in 366, 371, and 377. 378 came off to me as saying that someone needs to hammer already, so I did. It seems everyone was waiting on it.
And aren't you admitting you're scum saying I'm scummy for hoping on Alviaran's bandwagon? There were 2 options, you or Alv. You're saying I'm scummy because I switched from you to Alviaran 'at the last second'.
The only way this could have been scummy is if you were scum and I were scum, and I jumped off your wagon at the last minute to save you.
This comes off as a major tell to me. By saying I'm scum you're saying that you're scum.

If I were scum and you were scum and you jumped off my wagon at the last minute to save me is the only way? By saying that, you basically say that you think that my reasoning isn't right. Think about it, wouldn't it be just a tad little suspicious? Does your tell make sense at all? If anything else, this just implies more reasoning to my suspicion.

Pierre wrote:But yes, the town did actually need to get someone out of the way. But it would've made more sense if he got me. One being, that the majority of the town really doesn't like my vibe, even after sending in a claim, though I must admit did seem shaky after re-reading, and, I even had a case on him.

Well, I'm still on me.

I'm a walking heap of contradictions, but I can reverse 'em if I think. Smile
Why are you advocating your own lynch . .? Have you just given up?
Messed up wording. I was meant to type "him". By him, guess it meant you buddy.

swimmer4lyfe wrote:Since this is lylo, I'm claiming. I'm vanilla town.
If there is a cop in the game, I'd suggest that person claim to hopefully clear someone.
Blue. I won't be the first to say that my play at the start of this game was incredibly bad, aggressive, but seriously, after a little guide reading it really helped. Thanks whoever (or probably all of you) pointed that out, but I think I should've known from all the accusations anyway. Still, droppin' down and defending now.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (isolation #35) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

If I tell you what's with the third part, you'll understand the first.

The third part, I meant to say "him" instead of "me", which was a spelling error.

I was working backwards on the post so the first part was done last.

Second one, I'll repeat again and even quote it.
Pierre Sickle wrote:It's basically nothing, but it could get the game moving on.
It was just to get some discussion coming and it did actually.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (isolation #36) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:03 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

@PCE: With Einlazers, he's still quite townish, with semi-strong defence and quite some good storng hunting. I'd actually class him more as a neutrality pose with those traits actually, which we could take note for ultimately.

S4L actually makes me gather some towny like presence for me, though there's little action happening.
Swimmer4Lyfe wrote:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:58 am Post subject: 392
Well guys were at lylo.

I'm actually quite surprised mykonian and alv flipped townie. Apparently I've been picking up on the wrong things.

Mykonians death was a huge surprise to me. I really thought Porkchop was going down since to me he was the most towniest. This also makes me suspicious of him, because I think the scum would've known I was going to vote mykonian in lylo.

Right now my two suspects for scum are spinach and porkchop. Pierre has since come off as townie to me, although in day 4 lylo I might lean his way depending on who also is still in the game.

Since this is lylo, I'm claiming. I'm vanilla town.

If there is a cop in the game, I'd suggest that person claim to hopefully clear someone.
And read through a little more, you'll see what his posting format is loosely going through.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (isolation #37) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Alright, PCE, you really gotta slow down man. This scumhunting is a good idea, getting mafia to crack under all the questions.

But sometimes, it's all too much, I'll be spending the next half-hour or so gathering quotes on S4L, and to get things cleared up out of the clear. I have to say now that calling Spinach's hammer was only to spark some sort of discussion, not so much of an accusation. In my opinion, I'll have to check up some more onto who Spinach's buddy is.

And to close this post, can we just get some of the people who haven't voted in a while to come out and give some feedback. I think we could really use it.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #421 (isolation #38) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

By the way, Spinach, you could make an effort to snoop around a little more.

Really, we need all the help we can on this.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (isolation #39) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:52 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Page 14:

Post 345
swimmer4lyfe wrote:
mykonian wrote:Great too you are buddying to Swimmer. He has only reacted to me, never analysed my play, since you are the first one.
So now Myk has accused two players of "buddying up" with me. This tingles my spider sense.

He unvotes me because he thinks I'm town, but then he keeps throwing these little subtle jabs at people, implying he still thinks I'm town.

What's up with this myk? Wasn't your aggressive attack on me supposed to tell you my alignment? Why are you dropping subtle hints that you still think I'm scum?

Page 15

Post 361
swimmer4lyfe wrote:I haven't looked over Spinach with as much scrutiny as myk, pierre or alv. Will have to do that.

Myk, just because someone agrees with my logic doesn't mean they're buddying up. I think its a little scummy that anyone "agreeing" with me or thinking that your whole case against me was wrong is suddenly portrayed as scummy. Another reason why I think you made up the silly "I was just trying to figure out your alignment" case.

Alv is by far the best choice for the lynch. I'm also down for a pierre or myk lynch, but prefer Alv. Pierre I'm beginning to feel is just horribly horribly newbish and is refusing to learn from his mistakes. Possible scum cover? maybe...but this is the stuff that makes towns lose at lylo. We should've lynched him day 1.
Post 370
swimmer4lyfe wrote:I'm ok with either of them being lynched. I prefer Alv though.

Although it is kinda funny that Pierre is the only one that hasn't voted yet and he hasn't tried to save himself.

Page 16

swimmer4lyfe wrote:So I guess we're waiting on either the people from Pierre's bandwagon to jump ship or someone from Alv's bandwagon to jump ship.

I guarantee you that Pierre will not figure out that he needs to vote.

swimmer4lyfe wrote:right now for me its either pierre/alv or myk/alv as the two scum. I can see Pierre being scum, but I'm almost positive Alv is one of the scum, and would rather lynch Alv
swimmer4lyfe wrote:Well guys were at lylo.

I'm actually quite surprised mykonian and alv flipped townie. Apparently I've been picking up on the wrong things.

Mykonians death was a huge surprise to me. I really thought Porkchop was going down since to me he was the most towniest. This also makes me suspicious of him, because I think the scum would've known I was going to vote mykonian in lylo.

Right now my two suspects for scum are spinach and porkchop. Pierre has since come off as townie to me, although in day 4 lylo I might lean his way depending on who also is still in the game.

Since this is lylo, I'm claiming. I'm vanilla town.

My take on the posts

Page 14 Posts:

P345 - Defence with a little accusation

Page 15 Posts:

P361 - Sees me as scum

P370 - Sees me as scum though prefers Alv

Page 16 Posts:

P378 - Stating Situation

P382 - Sees me as possible scum but positive on Alv

P392 - Suddenly thinks I have a townie vibe

So, towards, swimmer, is there any particular reason you think I'm town now? All the posts have pretty no say in how I suddenly seem all townish.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (isolation #40) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Alright, so it may have been.

But there was a theory I had in that from a thing I learned in another game.

With me, making a quite pointless case against you, I was hoping that some sort of sheep or another would follow blindly.

Thus, I would've been on their case firmly.

Mafiosso or not, they were still being bad players.

Now, I know the risk in all that, so I might just put this up now.

Bad idea doing this in a game with such low activity.

But hey, the arguments looked real didn't they? In the other game, the dude just kept on saying that it was a hunch.
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #441 (isolation #41) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Activity confirmation. I'll get to reading the thread more after school.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”