UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:29 am

Post by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone »

EBWOP: Wow, I just looked at my post... that XP is a smiley face, not referring to windows XP... 8D
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I am URoE! Ruler of all things stupid!

Town: 1 - 4
Scum: 1 - 2

I suck.

[01:53:40] <@Phayt> ATTENTION DUELISTS
[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:32 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Kewl. Thanks.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:42 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

!vote roflcopter

for not using punctuation.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Empking's Alt wrote:!Vote DGB

Tar; Do you have an examplre from anon-ongoing game?
Zwetschenwasser has only 1 completed game - Open 117 - where he's more serious than usual, so no.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:!vote zwetschenwasser

Suffice it to say that you are not currently playing to town meta - you're not being silly and carefree enough. (Can't give a good link, the best example is an ongoing Mini.)
Bullocks. Or bus'ing. Time will tell.
Of course it's mostly bullshit, there's no way I can be sure that he's being too serious just yet. I'm just trying to get out of the random stage.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:49 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

This gets its own post because I want it to stand out.
Kevy wrote:First testsetup with a cult in it:

-TestBot- [wacky] cult: Cult Leader; mafia: Disabler, Tracker, Twin, Mafioso; town: Mason (x2), One-Shot Redirecter, Faith Healer, Cop, Mirror, Roleblocker (Killer), Retired Cop, Poisoner, Skulker, Super-Saint, Robot, Townie, Lovestruck Townie

Could explain the fact that there was only 1 kill; some 19P wacky setups have 3 separate scum teams, so I'm surprised that no one else died.

No vote yet.
Okay, HERE's the kind of post I was keeping an eye out for.

Setup speculation + possible inside information* + possible Sucks for Us! Tell? DIE, SCUM, DIE.

!vote Kevy
User out of ambit.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:55 am

Post by roflcopter »

confirm !vote tarhalindur

"just want to get out of the random stage" is the biggest load of crap excuse ever

attack on kevy is total bullshit. note the heavy use of the word "possible" because he's just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:59 am

Post by populartajo »

I agree with the rabbit.
!unvote vote Tar.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

roflcopter wrote:confirm !vote tarhalindur

"just want to get out of the random stage" is the biggest load of crap excuse ever

attack on kevy is total bullshit. note the heavy use of the word "possible" because he's just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.
1) Hi, my name is Tarhalindur, and I sometimes do silly things during random vote stage.

2) I was trying to be subtle. Since that doesn't seem to be working, let's use the blunt instrument: I have REASON TO BELIEVE that Kevy just let slip that the Mafia kill was not aimed at Seraphim. I am reluctant to explain further at this time.

Am I clear?
User out of ambit.

KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

I'll try to get onto this at the weekend... just saying hi for the moment...

except to BSG
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Just a note that I'm going to be scarce during this long weekend (catching up on homework, birthday party, etc.)
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

||| MAFIABOT || VOTE COUNT (10 to lynch) |||
||| MAFIABOT || DrippingGoofball - 2 (tubby216 Empking's_Alt) |||
||| MAFIABOT || KaleiÃ
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:54 pm

!unvote

Tar, I think I see what you are getting at, I'm gonna go back and read in context.

@Everyone Else

Tar plays like this in the beginning of most games, and I am usually able to see town-Tar's thinking, if he's thinking what I believe, it makes sense, but I know Kevy too, so I have reason to believe that this is genuine kevy play and not the scum tell Tar is making it out to be.
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I suck.

[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Tarhalindur wrote:2) I was trying to be subtle. Since that doesn't seem to be working, let's use the blunt instrument: I have REASON TO BELIEVE that Kevy just let slip that the Mafia kill was not aimed at Seraphim. I am reluctant to explain further at this time.

Am I clear?
i have REASON TO BELIEVE that you are totally full of shit
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Kevy
Kevy
Townie
Kevy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Kevy »

Tarhalindur wrote:This gets its own post because I want it to stand out.

-TestBot- [wacky] cult: Cult Leader; mafia: Disabler, Tracker, Twin, Mafioso; town: Mason (x2), One-Shot Redirecter, Faith Healer, Cop, Mirror, Roleblocker (Killer), Retired Cop, Poisoner, Skulker, Super-Saint, Robot, Townie, Lovestruck Townie

Could explain the fact that there was only 1 kill; some 19P wacky setups have 3 separate scum teams, so I'm surprised that no one else died.

No vote yet.

Setup speculation + possible inside information* + possible Sucks for Us! Tell? DIE, SCUM, DIE.

!vote Kevy
Setup speculation = I play XylBot a lot
"Possible inside information" = I play XylBot a lot
Tarhalindur wrote:2) I was trying to be subtle. Since that doesn't seem to be working, let's use the blunt instrument: I have REASON TO BELIEVE that Kevy just let slip that the Mafia kill was not aimed at Seraphim. I am reluctant to explain further at this time.

Am I clear?
Multiple things wrong with this one.

First of all, you're rolehinting; are you serious?

Second, why are you even ASKING if you're clear or not? I seriously hope you're joking because you're trying WAY too hard to appear town. By asking if you have a "reason to believe", you just put a blatant target on your back. This is not productive town play.

!vote Tarhalindur

For bad day 1 play, not necessarily deserving of a lynch, but I feel that a vote is in order.
Kevy
Kevy
Townie
Kevy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Kevy »

By saying you have a "reason to believe"*

I'm don't how to edit my post; I don't think you can anyways.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by armlx »

I'm don't how to edit my post; I don't think you can anyways.
You can't.

Needs more Phate QL.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:21 pm

I think kevy is fine, but I definitely see Tar's points.

@Kevy

How I read Tar's post, the "Am I clear?" wasn't asking if he was clear as town, but that he was being clear in his explanations.

I'm getting town vibes from Tar, based mostly on the fact that I can read what I think he is trying to do and it makes sense, but kevy isn't affected by the argument for the points he brought up in his last post.
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I suck.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

roflcopter wrote:

Am I clear?
The rabbit has a reason to believe.

!vote Tarhalindur

Also, armlx is town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by tubby216 »

!unvote

why does this seem like the end of the blue collar comedy tour?

!vote Tarhalindur

but i concur with dgb assesment that armix is town,
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by roflcopter »

i'm seeing uroe being scum with tar here
soi soi soi

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:31 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

roflcopter wrote:

Am I clear?
Now, I'm going to be generous here and assume that you don't know what "reason to believe" terminology means (mainly based on your attack, which gives me the impression that you are severely misguided town). Keep in mind that this is the ONLY reason I am not locking on to (promising to vote you PERMANENTLY, until such time that either you die or I die) you on the spot for this post.

I am utterly, 100%, there is only one possible way I am wrong here* sure that you do not have a reason to believe that I am full of shit.

Strong feeling, perhaps. All-but-certain, quite possibly, but I GUARANTEE you that you do not have a reason to believe that I am full of shit. As in, if you claim a "reason to believe" that I am lying, then I KNOW you are LYING and, barring a very stupid town who doesn't know to lynch counterclaimed scum, you WILL be dead by the end of Day 2. (If you don't know what "reason to believe" terminology means, you really need to read my previous games... like, say, Random Mafia 3, where I used the term liberally.)

* - that one possible way being that what you're interpreting as a reason to believe that I am lying is, in fact, the reason why you can't have a reason to believe that I am lying.

If you do not recant your claim that you have "reason to believe" that I am full of shit, however, I guarantee that you are scum.
User out of ambit.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by roflcopter »

let me translate what tarhalindur just said: i brought way too much heat down on myself with my bullshit attacks so i'll try and scare everyone off with a softclaim which says "not me! look at kevy!"

this is the part where tar's previous threat of a neverending omgus vote actually materializes, proving that tar's supposed evidence against kevy is total crap, because if he had REASON TO BELIEVE that kevy let slip he's mafia then he would not stop voting his caught scum. the fact that he's willing to switch his vote to me in spite of this shows that his blustering is all just smoke and mirrors.
soi soi soi

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Okay, time to pick apart this post point by point.
Kevy wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:This gets its own post because I want it to stand out.

No vote yet.

!vote Kevy
Setup speculation = I play XylBot a lot
"Possible inside information" = I play XylBot a lot
1) I don't care that

Am I clear?
Multiple things wrong with this one.

First of all, you're rolehinting; are you serious?
Yes - I'm more than willing to trade a little rolebased info for a scumbag. There may or may not be other reasons for any rolehinting.
Second, why are you even ASKING if you're clear or not? I seriously hope you're joking because you're trying WAY too hard to appear town. By asking if you have a "reason to believe", you just put a blatant target on your back. This is not productive town play.

!vote Tarhalindur

For bad day 1 play, not necessarily deserving of a lynch, but I feel that a vote is in order.
Okay, let's break this down, folks.

1) Let's see. "Am I clear" is an idiomatic expression in American English that is used to ask whether someone understands the point you are trying to get across. Maybe, just maybe, it would stand to reason that I was using the idiom to try to point out that there was additional meaning in my earlier post? You're either woefully ignorant or willfully misrepresenting my post.

2) "This is not productive town play"... town has to be productive at all times how, exactly? Town can't play suboptimally in the early game in an attempt to bait out opportunistic scum/catch more scum later why, exactly?

3) Let's take a look at this in depth: "For bad day 1 play, not necessarily deserving of a lynch, but I feel that a vote is in order".

First: Bad Day 1 play is not a good reason for a vote unless that bad Day 1 play indicates that the player you are voting is more likely to be scum. I've seen far better players than myself play poorly as Town D1 for the reasons I listed in the second sentence of point 2 (see: Glork in Mini 594, Elmo in Battlestar Galactica Mini).

Second: "Not necessarily deserving of a lynch." Very interesting phrasing there. Think about that statement for a moment, people. Note how Kevy is specifically supporting a Tarhalindur lynch without throwing his full weight behind it - giving him an easy way out if a Tar wagon disintegrates ("Oh, I said we shouldn't necessarily lynch him, but my vote was still correct") OR when I come up town after lynch ("I didn't say we should actually lynch him...").
Now, think about the mindset Kevy is showing. This statement implies that we should lynch players for being "deserving of a lynch", rather than behaving like scum often do. What the hell does "deserving of a lynch" mean, anyways? It can mean "behaving like scum often do", but it doesn't have to - Kevy could decide that someone "deserves to be lynched" because that person attacked him, or started joking around, or wore green socks on Tuesday. In other words, "deserving of a lynch" is perfect cover for a scum to use to justify a vote on a player they know is town.

Third: "But I feel that a vote is in order." Again, the phrasing is noteworthy. It does two things: it distances Kevy from the vote (he may or may not be voting because he thinks I am scum - he doesn't say either way), and it suggests that a townie should vote because it is called for (the situation requires it) rather than because that townie thinks the voted player is scum or because lynching that player will increase town's chances of winning the game (in endgame situations).*

* - There are some actions that can warrant a vote, but they warrant a vote only because they have clear scum motivation or are statistically more likely to come from scum. We call them scumtells.
User out of ambit.

Kevy
Kevy
Townie
Kevy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by Kevy »

Oh lord.
Tarhalindur wrote:Keep in mind that this is the ONLY reason I am not locking on to (promising to vote you PERMANENTLY, until such time that either you die or I die) you on the spot for this post.
Really? Could you be any more obvious?
Tarhalindur wrote:I am utterly, 100%,
there is only one possible way I am wrong here*
sure that you do not have a reason to believe that I am full of shit.
Only one possible way? I can think of three off the top of my head:
1. Non-sane inspection
2. Millers
3. Twins
Tarhalindur wrote:* - that one possible way being that what you're interpreting as a reason to believe that I am lying is, in fact, the reason why you can't have a reason to believe that I am lying.

Anyways.

Whatever your "reason to believe" is, I can guarantee that you're putting too much trust into it and ignoring everything else. Especially with comments like the first quote saying that you're inches away from VOTING ONE PERSON AND NEVER CHANGING, you are definitely not thinking thoroughly OR playing a pro-town game.

And as a final note, roflcopter is town.
Kevy
Kevy
Townie
Kevy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by Kevy »

Also, given the previous post, my vote has changed from a "not exactly deserving of a lynch" to "needs to be lynched because of bad townieness".

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”