Mini 737 - Hack Poetry Mafia (Game Over)

TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 1:16 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Rhinox wrote:Tony, nice modding, and I didn't see too many problems with the setup really. With so many power roles in a closed setup, any town is going to be worried about the PR claims lying and forget to actually scum hunt, like we did for a while :P. You run this same game as an open setup though, and I guarentee the town wins every time.
The problem was that with a sane cop, watcher and tracker, one guilty result by either of these would have turned everything around.
Combined with 3 ways for a kill to be blocked. (I don't believe spring finding out she was a roleblocker ever entered my mind when i designed the setup :P)

In any case, quite pleased it ended up in a thrilling endgame ;)

Regarding plonky and millar not sending in choices on N1, I must admit I wasn't too distraught about it, since at the time I thought the mafia was screwed.
And I didn't feel I could hold back the night for replacements once i found out they were gone, as it would be obvious they were holding the night back.
I made sure all players were active before any other nights, tho.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 1:22 am

Post by Rhinox »

"And I didn't feel I could hold back the night for replacements once i found out they were gone, as it would be obvious they were holding the night back."

Well that would have been outguessing the mod :P

But I think as long as you make sure every day starts with all active players, and don't extend the night only for certain replacements and it woulda been fine.

Still can't believe... even having a real watcher, we didn't catch scum trying to kill SL...

OK, so maybe if all roles were active N1, town woulda pretty much coasted to victory :P
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 1:31 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Btw, special thx to Rhinox, Jebus, Ice and sekjin for replacing, as well as fhq for taking care of Ice's role after his own death.

As well as everyone else, who took their role to the grave (or victory)

Finding replacements sucks..
Upcoming
Mini
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 1:39 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Rhinox wrote:OK, so maybe if all roles were active N1, town woulda pretty much coasted to victory :P
Well let's pretend you didn't have a cop or watcher on n1. It made the game more exciting :p
Upcoming
Mini
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 2:39 am

Post by don_johnson »

scum QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/tH7AnVxC7D94

when i opened my role pm and saw i was scum i shut it before i read who were my partners were. i wanted to try and play day 1 as townie as possible and actually try and find scum. i jumped on budja's poem and later realized he was my partner. RC had me on the unvote scenario. i really thought we were done. goat did a great job being town, though. he made it very difficult to read him.

wasn't planning on pinning rhinox, but i thought me claiming i was blocked would be worse. we talked about me watching goat, but we figured spring would be blocking him or spolium.

i actually did confuse my role a bit, but not with tracker. i was thinking reporter. seriously though, my most fun game yet here at ms. hackpoetryII should definitely happen, and we should do the whole thing in rhyme. :D

oh yeah, the RC lynch was insane. i actually slept through it. that was really a stroke of good fortune for scum. i would have defended rc. this was fun!
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

TonyMontana wrote:I think a safer gambit by don would have been to bus goat, by fingering him as Ice's killer.
Then killing spring would leave him Rhinoxand Spolium in lylo, and I can't imagine getting either of them lynched being hard.
If he had fingered me as scum killing Ice he would have gotten caught for lying. Spring roleblocked me, so I couldn't have possibly killed Ice.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 9:05 am

Post by springlullaby »

Lol, gah.
TonyMontana wrote: The overpowered town was painfully obvious after d1. I thought about making spring naive as well as paranoid, but that would be overstepping my boundaries as mod.
Well, you didn't have to. After Jebus's claim I auto censured myself into the assumption that I was paranoid since I didn't believe 2 functioning docs were possible in a setup this size. Had I known :P

I got distracted by too many shining things this game (second guessing the setup and my role, sekinj - god that was lame, I'm ashamed now).

RC's lynch was a turning point, sorry for not turning up but I didn't actually think the lynch was going to go RC's way as I thought his crumbs were quite readily readable and I wasn't too hot for Spolium lynch either. Though I'm not actually sure it would have saved the game as he probably wouldn't have tracked don a second time, which would have prolly provoked a situation in which RedCoyote's towniness would only serve to confirm Don's.

Anyway, good game scum, I think you guys actually navigated this one pretty well. Don's gambit just shows that town should never be soft hearted toward incompetence :P
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 10:38 am

Post by sekinj »

I really wish we'd done a mass claim earlier. I think that would have saved RC and brought to light the vast amount of roles. then we wouldn't have been afraid to look at don more closely, just because he claimed a role.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by don_johnson »

rhinox- i thought the sk gambit was brilliant and i was really surprised i didn't get lynched. voting you for it was a mistake and spring called it, but didn't seem to push the issue. as for what you could have done: th gambit killed your credibility, so it may not have been the best choice. probably going back and pointing things out that made you town and me scum would have helped. your unvote on the previous day over results confusion helped you, but i think only spolium brought it up. had i tried to peg spolium i would have pointed it out as well, but as soon as i went for you i had to stick it out regardless. gg.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

sekinj wrote:I really wish we'd done a mass claim earlier. I think that would have saved RC and brought to light the vast amount of roles. then we wouldn't have been afraid to look at don more closely, just because he claimed a role.
Say, maybe a mass claim on day 2 :). But you didn't have any results yet!
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by sekinj »

meh, if only, if only... :)
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 7:26 am

Post by Rhinox »

FYI: I have nominated don for the "Best Performance by an Individual (Scum)" Scummie. His play was probably the best I've seen since I joined the site, and I really think he deserves it. Head on over to the Scummies nomination thread to second or third the nomination if you agree.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Goatrevolt wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:I think a safer gambit by don would have been to bus goat, by fingering him as Ice's killer.
Then killing spring would leave him Rhinoxand Spolium in lylo, and I can't imagine getting either of them lynched being hard.
If he had fingered me as scum killing Ice he would have gotten caught for lying. Spring roleblocked me, so I couldn't have possibly killed Ice.
Then you coast to victory :p
Upcoming
Mini
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by don_johnson »

spring posted before i did, however, and said she blocked goat, so i would have had to post earlier. like i said, we thought about it...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 6:39 am

Post by Jebus »

'Twas fun, though bah that mafia won.

Never really expected Goatrevolt to be part of the mafia, though :P
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 9:52 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

Only caught up reading now. Wow. Even reading after the fact, the almost no-lynch on day 3 had me shitting bricks!

What a game for my first mini!

Oh and I totally KNEW don was scum when I replaced in for ice and I thought I was the watcher. Until Ice himself later dropped the power role pair theory. I totally thought he was off the hook.

Congrats mafia... we'll get you next time.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 3:07 am

Post by springlullaby »

Upon reflection I think Rhinox' play was pretty interesting and fun but had actually no chance of succeeding. Although my indecision the last day was motivated by kinda wanting to lynch Goat but not knowing, it would have taken tremendous balls to not lynch a claimed SK, and I think I wouldn't have had them in the end.

Also, I think I forgot to thank the mod for putting this together. It was a genuinely interesting game with suspense and hard decisions to make, and I have to admit one I felt kinda butt hurt about losing.

So thanks Tony, your modding was quite brilliant, especially considering that people (ok, me in particular) put you through some tough shit :P
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:48 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe