Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:21 am

Post by WhoMe? »

Thesp wrote:
WhoMe? wrote:
Thesp wrote:
WhoMe? wrote:
Thesp wrote:You know what this thread needs?

WhoMe? to be stabbed.
I'm thinking it's Capricious who needs offing myself. Not pushing for a mass claim himseld anymore, but thinks it's not a bad idea and excuses Khelvaster's pushing of it.
I thought in his last post he was against it. Also, is it impossible for town to think massnameclaim is a good idea? And what do you think of me excusing Capricious's pushing of massnameclaim?
I think it's a datum that may come into play later in the game.
Is it substantially different from what Capricious did there?
Look at it this way. I only have one vote. It's staying where it is.
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:08 am

Post by Mirth »

Argh. Back from real life...

I seem to have not missed much.

I meant to do this earlier:
unvote:Zoneace

I still think you were a bit hasty with the L-2, but considering how annoyingly persistent Capricious is still being, I now no longer blame you.

Speaking of Capricious, why is he still pushing the point? I'm not liking that Khelvaster chimed in.

On that, Thesp makes an interesting point that Capricious could be a townie. While I don't necessarily agree with it, I'm starting to think that either Capricious or Khelvaster is scum. Probably not both because that would involve some really dumb scum basically outing themselves together (unless we have 2 scum factions). One of them could be tryin to take advantage of the others ridiculous idea. If that's the case I'm leaning toward Khelvaster for not talking for a while, and then chiming in with th call for a claim.

Ooba: your refusal to explain your post restriction is noted. I will lay off for now, but thats only because I have a theory about what your post restriction is. I shall be watching your posts to see if there is a pattern.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:17 am

Post by Thesp »

Mr_Gnome_It_All wrote:Well, let's try this...

Deadline: Sunday, 3/23/08 - 12pm Central time
Mod: Can you prod all players who have not posted in the last 72 hours?
Thanks!
Mirth wrote:On that, Thesp makes an interesting point that Capricious could be a townie. While I don't necessarily agree with it, I'm starting to think that either Capricious or Khelvaster is scum. Probably not both because that would involve some really dumb scum basically outing themselves together (unless we have 2 scum factions).
I agree that it's unlikely that they're scum together.
Mirth wrote:Ooba: your refusal to explain your post restriction is noted. I will lay off for now, but thats only because I have a theory about what your post restriction is. I shall be watching your posts to see if there is a pattern.
I'm not sure how this is helpful.

More lynching of WhoMe?, please. Thanks!
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:20 am

Post by WhoMe? »

Thesp wrote: More lynching of WhoMe?, please. Thanks!
FOS Thesp.

So you want to lynch the one person who has hung themselves out by stating they believe there are no vanilla pro-townies in the game, thus effectively admitting I have both a name and a power. Explain please?
Show

3/7/2/0
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:23 am

Post by Mirth »

WhoMe? wrote:
FOS Thesp.

So you want to lynch the one person who has hung themselves out by stating they believe there are no vanilla pro-townies in the game, thus effectively admitting I have both a name and a power. Explain please?
Darwin damnit, Whome! Why in the seven blazes of the not fun not happy place below did yo have to just *confirm* you're a power role? (Or scum. Either fits)

Seriously? Why?
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:42 am

Post by WhoMe? »

Mirth wrote:
WhoMe? wrote:
FOS Thesp.

Darwin damnit, Whome! Why in the seven blazes of the not fun not happy place below did yo have to just *confirm* you're a power role? (Or scum. Either fits)

Seriously? Why?
? I outed myself several posts ago. you commented at the time. Given that it's already out there there's no point my being coy about it.
Show

3/7/2/0
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:43 am

Post by Thesp »

Mirth wrote:
WhoMe? wrote:
FOS Thesp.

Seriously? Why?
Agreed - I hadn't read it as such, and claiming such now doesn't make sense except to say "BOO! Go away!". I'll also note that the last person I saw that suggested there were no vanilla townies were in a game was scum.

Happy with my vote.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:52 am

Post by Mirth »

WhoMe? wrote:
Mirth wrote:
WhoMe? wrote:
FOS Thesp.

Seriously? Why?
? I outed myself several posts ago. you commented at the time. Given that it's already out there there's no point my being coy about it.
My comment boiled down to "why the heck did you do that and stop it." Now you went and crossed the rhetoric line and softclaimed. Softclaims are bad, bad, very bad. Now we have a problem. Do we left the softclaim slide? Or do we force a full claim out of you so you can't use other people as a guage for what roles are available?

Hmmm...hard choice. I thnk soft claims are a cardinal sin...but then again I'm also pretty much anti-claiming until its unavoidably necessary.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:26 am

Post by WhoMe? »

Mirth wrote:
My comment boiled down to "why the heck did you do that and stop it." Now you went and crossed the rhetoric line and softclaimed. Softclaims are bad, bad, very bad. Now we have a problem. Do we left the softclaim slide? Or do we force a full claim out of you so you can't use other people as a guage for what roles are available?

Hmmm...hard choice. I thnk soft claims are a cardinal sin...but then again I'm also pretty much anti-claiming until its unavoidably necessary.
Fair enough, but I don't see that I've done much wrong (in the second post) that I hadn't already done wrong in the first post.
Show

3/7/2/0
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:28 am

Post by Thesp »

Mod:
What are the deadline lynch rules?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:47 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

At deadline the player with the most votes is lynched, a tie for most votes will be the equivalent of a no lynch.

Now firing up the ModProd UltraDeluxe!™
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:51 am

Post by Sierra »

ooba wrote:
Sierra :
I see you voted for khel in your last post. "He has yet to provide us with any of his thoughts on who might be scum." - Before that post, you didn't give any insights into who you thought were scum too
I was suspicious of Capricious at first, because of him pushing the massclaim. I may not have worded it explicitely until somewhere on page 8, but I was voting him before that.

Khelvaster wrote:I am of the firm opinion that a mass nameclaim is a good idea in most themed games. As a result, I consider everyone who didn't want a mass nameclaim anti-town.
Khelvaster wrote:And this, if you didn't get it, means that my opinion over the last bunch of pages is fairly void. I can't very well suspect half the town.
So is that your excuse not to suspect anyone at all? Surely you can find something to go on in the last 10 pages. I don't think you're really trying.

Thesp, I read back to look why you are so focused on seeing WhoMe? lynched and all I could find is that you find him wishy-washy on massclaiming and hypocritical in accusing Capricious of doing the same (post #147). These aren't really strong scum-tells in my opinion. Is there something I'm missing or is that really all you're going on?

I've never been in a game where there was a soft-claim on day 1 before. I understand why it's a bad thing, but I'm not sure forcing a full claim out of WhoMe? would be the best solution. I would have no objections to letting it slide. It might leave the town in doubt about him, but it would also leave the scum with some uncertainty when it comes to selecting their nightkill. I'd like to hear more people respond to this though.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:54 am

Post by Mirth »

Mr_Gnome_It_All wrote: Now firing up the ModProd UltraDeluxe!™
That sounds like some kind of lawn care device

Whome, what you did wrong is confirmed it. Unless you're scum yourself, you just basically painted a big "kill me" sign on your back for tonight. (Well...there are other factors involved here, but I'm not going to speculate because that might make things worse). You also softclaimed. "I'm an unspecified power role" which opens up a can of worms for WIFOM and counterclaiming in the future.

Now then, I urge you to say nothing more until there's a town concensus on what the best course of action in regards to your soft claim should be.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:22 am

Post by cicero »

I've been prodded.

Imagine... I,
Cicero
, have been prodded. This is a historic occasion.

I'll try to post content soon but dont sit there waiting. Keep playing and I shall do my duty. Hopefully this evening.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:45 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

I acknowledge my prod. I'll make a longer post after I take care of some things for my History class.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:59 am

Post by ZONEACE »

unless there is some sort of drastic revelation my vote won't be changing. I am more than convinced capricious is not of the pro-town variety.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Capricious »

What I saw was that the very fact we had people standing up against mass claim is the reason that it was bad. Had we been more bold, we could've claimed and scum wouldn't be any wiser. But because people are protective of their names, it would stand to reason that they feel their name corresponds to a common role, though in practicality, scum would still have a hard time deducing their role.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Capricious »

Thesp: I don't find Whome? as the best candidate for scum at the moment. Mirth is a better one, but she is still neither a good fit for scum.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Capricious »

ZONEACE wrote:unless there is some sort of drastic revelation my vote won't be changing. I am more than convinced capricious is not of the pro-town variety.
Your conviction is false.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Mirth »

Yet again, Capricious, I shall say this: town gains less from massclaims than scum. Now can you stop bringing up how great they are?
Capricious wrote:Thesp: I don't find Whome? as the best candidate for scum at the moment. Mirth is a better one, but she is still neither a good fit for scum.
Why?
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

The town will get more from a massclaim. If someone is, say Wonder Woman, how will that help the scum at all?

Meanwhile, there is a chance we can be helped. If someone claims Wonder Woman, but someone else is really Wonder Woman, then we just got ourselves a scum in the bag. This is why massclaim=good.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:18 pm

Post by roffman »

Just wondering what is it that has so enchanted Capricious and Khelvaster to mass claims?? And how can people be so sure there are no vanilla's in the game? ATM, i am more than happy with a Capricious or Khelvaster lynch, and i will hammer given the chance considering the proximity to deadline. So for now,
unvote vote: Khelvaster
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Post by Capricious »

roffman wrote:Just wondering what is it that has so enchanted Capricious and Khelvaster to mass claims?? And how can people be so sure there are no vanilla's in the game? ATM, i am more than happy with a Capricious or Khelvaster lynch, and i will hammer given the chance considering the proximity to deadline. So for now,
unvote vote: Khelvaster
This guy is the best candidate for scum. His platform compels me.
Unvote, vote roffman.

This is a game to find scum, not to debate, and we can't base our suspicions on whether we agree with one another or not. roffman is just slipping by by siding with the majority on the issue.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:13 pm

Post by Mirth »

Roffman, how come yu've had nothing much else to say before this.

I'm not going to argue the stupidity of massclaiming any longer because its obvious the two of you are willfully ignoring everything said against them. I don't think both of you are scum, as that woud be too fortunate, but one of you most probably is. I am leaning toward Khelvaster at the moment, but not by much.

Capricious: you never answered my question 3 posts ago. Also do *you* have a reason to vote Roffman now? Can you explain why he's the best candidate for scum?
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:11 am

Post by Thesp »

Mirth wrote:Yet again, Capricious, I shall say this: town gains less from massclaims than scum.
How do you know this?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”