VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:50 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 192, CCC wrote:
In post 188, VictorDeAngelo wrote:What do reads list have to do with conflict?
Conflict causes people to talk and interact. From these interactions, reads can be formed, and refined.
I think you got cause effect the wrong way around here. The quote here was a response to the idea that readlists create the conflict.
In post 188, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
In post 178, CCC wrote:Yeek.Day one is something like 40 pages.
Yeah, well I've had longer day 1s. Personally I prefer more shorter/more direct day ones.
Longer ones will give you more to work with, and give scum more chance of somehow slipping up...
Well perhaps, but I'm not one to rely on scum slipping up. I'd much prefer to root them out.

=================

On another topic, can anyone actually point to a forum mafia game that has been solved mathematically. I've heard a lot of talk about probability/randomness etc from people, and I wonder if there's something I should be reading.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:26 am

Post by CCC »

In post 199, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
In post 142, VictorDeAngelo wrote:If I have an ulterior motive I'm not going to admit to it. If I'm lazy I'm not going to admit that either.
Why not?
Do you really want me to explain it. Because if you do, it's probably going to sound quite patronising and not actually lead us anywhere towards catching scum.
This is the second time you've tried to shut down a line of questioning, the first being here.

I'm not sure if this is just how you play, or if it should be taken as indicative of a desire to shut down questioning more completely. But either way, I thinkit makes you look more likely scum than Square World, so...

VOTE: VictorDeAngelo
In post 200, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
In post 192, CCC wrote:Conflict causes people to talk and interact. From these interactions, reads can be formed, and refined.
I think you got cause effect the wrong way around here. The quote here was a response to the idea that readlists create the conflict.
I think you and I are reading gerryoat's original post very differently.

It looks to me like he is saying that conflict causes reads (and thus readlists), and was thus asking Grendel why he was interested in creating conflict after he (Grendel) had already produced a readlist... so the cause->effect link was always from conflict to reads, not vice versa.
In post 200, VictorDeAngelo wrote:On another topic, can anyone actually point to a forum mafia game that has been solved mathematically. I've heard a lot of talk about probability/randomness etc from people, and I wonder if there's something I should be reading.
I can't. Math is a tool, and one that looks like it should be fairly useful once I have decent data to put into it (i.e. after day one).
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 49, CCC wrote:Newbie games have nine players, two of whom are Mafia. Here we have eleven players.

Three mafia sounds about right to me.
CCC, you said MAFIA here, not SCUM.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:45 am

Post by CCC »

In post 202, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 49, CCC wrote:Newbie games have nine players, two of whom are Mafia. Here we have eleven players.

Huh. You're right. So I did.

I misremembered my own words. I apologise for the oversight.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:04 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 201, CCC wrote:
In post 142, VictorDeAngelo wrote:If I have an ulterior motive I'm not going to admit to it. If I'm lazy I'm not going to admit that either.
Why not?
Do you really want me to explain it. Because if you do, it's probably going to sound quite patronising and not actually lead us anywhere towards catching scum.
This is the second time you've tried to shut down a line of questioning, the first being here.

I'm not sure if this is just how you play, or if it should be taken as indicative of a desire to shut down questioning more completely. But either way, I thinkit makes you look more likely scum than Square World, so...

I have no problem answering sensible, reasonable question. Snake's question is not one of those.
In post 200, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
In post 192, CCC wrote:Conflict causes people to talk and interact. From these interactions, reads can be formed, and refined.
I think you and I are reading gerryoat's original post very differently.

It looks to me like he is saying that conflict causes reads (and thus readlists), and was thus asking Grendel why he was interested in creating conflict after he (Grendel) had already produced a readlist... so the cause->effect link was always from conflict to reads, not vice versa.
Ok, then I'm not sure I'm reading the original post correctly. Maybe the point doesn't stand after all. :oops:
Square World
Square World
Goon
Square World
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Square World »

In post 125, The_Jester wrote:@SquareWorld I'd like to see some reads from you.
tip: i vote the first non-townread post above mine

if that's not clear enough, we can play popcorn reads
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 196, eagerSnake wrote:@Grendel let's play a game. I'll say someone's name
in italics.
in your next post you say what you think of that person and then say someone else's name. In my next post I'll say what I think of THAT person, and so on.

VictorDeAngelo
I'd rather do everything simultaneously, but if one person at a time better fits your pace then that's okay.

Victor is something of a null read for me. His town read on Gamma bothers me, but It seems most ppl are cool with Gamma so that tr might not lead anywhere, (that is assuming Gam is scumz). His interaction with CCC is weird in a way I can't seem to pin point yet. I think the worst thing about Victor is that he hasn't pushed the person he is currently voting, Rhazbash, at all. Instead opting to have this convo with CCC that doesn't appear to be going anywhere. So a few odd things, but nothing condemning. And no, I really don't agree with you proposed case on Victor. In fact I can even see how he wasn't bought with you Gamma unvote, you dropped that scum read
fast
dude.

You've already said that your cool with Gamma. So how about...

Gerryoats
, and or
Rhazbash
Eggman
Eggman
Goon
Eggman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by Eggman »

Vote Count 1.04

Manuel87
: RhazhBash
RhazhBash
: VictorDeAngelo, gerryoat
Gamma Emerald
: Grendel
CCC
: Square World, Gamma Emerald
VictorDeAngelo
: eagerSnake, CCC

V/LA: The_Jester, (expired on 2016-09-19 00:00:00)

With 11 players alive, it takes
for a lynch.
The deadline for this day is (expired on 2016-09-26 18:00:00).

Huntress replaces GreenNope.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 201, CCC wrote:
Why not?

Wait. So you are scum reading Victor for halting discussion when Gerry basically did the same thing with posts 93 and 109 when he was talking crap about early game reads.

Why does one ping you but not the other?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Victor
Did you ever elaborate why you town read Gamma? I don't believe you did, and I'd appericate if you could do that for me.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 206, Grendel wrote:Victor is something of a null read for me. His town read on Gamma bothers me, but It seems most ppl are cool with Gamma so that tr might not lead anywhere, (that is assuming Gam is scumz). His interaction with CCC is weird in a way I can't seem to pin point yet. I think the worst thing about Victor is that he hasn't pushed the person he is currently voting, Rhazbash, at all. Instead opting to have this convo with CCC that doesn't appear to be going anywhere. So a few odd things, but nothing condemning. And no, I really don't agree with you proposed case on Victor. In fact I can even see how he wasn't bought with you Gamma unvote, you dropped that scum read fast dude.
I agree with Victor not pursuing his scumread on RhazhBash, or pursuing any other scumread for that matter. Which is funny because he says this:
In post 200, VictorDeAngelo wrote:Well perhaps, but I'm not one to rely on scum slipping up. I'd much prefer to root them out.
Post-by-Post Analysis of VictorDeAngelo:
12 RVS vote on eagerSnake
40 Setup spec, asks eagerSnake for reads
74 States
vote on eagerSnake is now serious
90 Gives reason for vote being serious "shifts reads easily." states he "gets more bad feels" from RhazhBash's post 89, votes RhazhBash
111 Asks CCC for more examples of Jester dodging questions, now thinks Grendel is town, disagrees with Grendels scumread on Gamma
126 Asks Gamma if he finds CCC's post suspicious
137 Assumes my question isn't serious
142 Explanation of his assumption, says he won't admit to being lazy or having an ulterior motive
155 Talk about what is important D1
188 Asks gerryoat what readslists have to do with conflict, states he reads RhazhBash's 87 as defending eagerSnake from him, Asks an unsensible, and unreasonable question to CCC
199 States his answer to eagerSnake's question will be "patronising and not actually lead us anywhere towards catching scum"
200 "I'm not one to rely on scum slipping up. I'd much prefer to root them out."
204 Says eagerSnakes question is not sensible or reasonable

@Grendel will get you my read on gerryoat next
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@Gerry: I think I'd like to do the same thing Grendel and Eager are doing, if that's okay with you?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 211, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Gerry: I think I'd like to do the same thing Grendel and Eager are doing, if that's okay with you?
Uh, ok lol. You start
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 210, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 206, Grendel wrote:Victor is something of a null read for me. His town read on Gamma bothers me, but It seems most ppl are cool with Gamma so that tr might not lead anywhere, (that is assuming Gam is scumz). His interaction with CCC is weird in a way I can't seem to pin point yet. I think the worst thing about Victor is that he hasn't pushed the person he is currently voting, Rhazbash, at all. Instead opting to have this convo with CCC that doesn't appear to be going anywhere. So a few odd things, but nothing condemning. And no, I really don't agree with you proposed case on Victor. In fact I can even see how he wasn't bought with you Gamma unvote, you dropped that scum read fast dude.
I agree with Victor not pursuing his scumread on RhazhBash, or pursuing any other scumread for that matter. Which is funny because he says this:
In post 200, VictorDeAngelo wrote:Well perhaps, but I'm not one to rely on scum slipping up. I'd much prefer to root them out.
Post-by-Post Analysis of VictorDeAngelo:
12 RVS vote on eagerSnake
40 Setup spec, asks eagerSnake for reads
74 States
vote on eagerSnake is now serious
90 Gives reason for vote being serious "shifts reads easily." states he "gets more bad feels" from RhazhBash's post 89, votes RhazhBash
111 Asks CCC for more examples of Jester dodging questions, now thinks Grendel is town, disagrees with Grendels scumread on Gamma
126 Asks Gamma if he finds CCC's post suspicious
137 Assumes my question isn't serious
142 Explanation of his assumption, says he won't admit to being lazy or having an ulterior motive
155 Talk about what is important D1
188 Asks gerryoat what readslists have to do with conflict, states he reads RhazhBash's 87 as defending eagerSnake from him, Asks an unsensible, and unreasonable question to CCC
199 States his answer to eagerSnake's question will be "patronising and not actually lead us anywhere towards catching scum"
200 "I'm not one to rely on scum slipping up. I'd much prefer to root them out."
204 Says eagerSnakes question is not sensible or reasonable

@Grendel will get you my read on gerryoat next
I think this is town. All of this shows genuine scumhunting and tries to find contradictions
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 206, Grendel wrote:You've already said that your cool with Gamma. So how about...

Gerryoats, and or Rhazbash
I kind of like gerryoat so far. He has been consistent, hasn't done anything inherently scummy. He has opened himself up to attacks from others more than once, he clearly states his opinions on others. Some things could be taken as buddying, but I don't think it's the case. I would like to see him push his scumreads more, would like to see where he goes with them. I don't think he'd be a good lynch for today.

Post-by-Post of gerryoat
15 RVS comment
16 Asks eagerSnake if he's from EM
44 Asks Manuel about avatar
45 Agrees to do study buddy with Gamma
46 Off-topic with eagerSnake
47 States a policy of not taking anything serious for first 4 pages
48 Setup spec, discourages talk about PRs
65 Really doubts 3 mafia + 3rd party combination
72 Asks eagerSnake why Gamma feels town, when he feels like he's said the same things, repeats self about PRs
75 Asks Victor why his vote is now serious, asks for an explanation
93 Calls BS on anyone who has a serious scumread 4 pages in, accuses anyone with a hard FoS of fake scumhunting
100 Calls RhazhBash's 87 the "worst post so far"
109 Tells Grendel he doesn't see how he gets all of those reads 3 pages into a game
130 Votes RhazhBash based on what he said earlier in 100
158 Discourages talk about meta, says to focus on game
167 Explains to Grendel why he is weary of the early reads people claim to have, states he doesn't scumread grendel, brings up his vote placed on RhazhBash
168 He likes how easily Gamma changes his read on him, Agrees with Grendel that he hasn't done anything to warrant a townread
169 He likes Grendel trying to get conflict in the game, slightly townreads Grendel, states Grendel's actions and words are off
187 An FoS on RhazhBash, repeats his vote placement, Says Grendel has had townie lines, says he's confident lynching RhazhBash most right now

Ok, now do
CCC
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay.
Manuel87
<Embrace The Void>

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Grendel »

Good stuff Snake. Alright let me look at CCC...
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Grendel »

The first thing about CCC I want to address is his overt doubt casting on himself. Lower confedance, and second guessing are to be expected on D1, but CCC announces it before all his early scum reads. To the point it is no longer resembling town paranoia, but a fear of commitment. Almost like padding the floor if his read falls through, or if his scum read flips town he could distance himself from the cadaver. I've highlighted what I'm talking about in red--
Spoiler: Incredibly minor
In post 95, CCC wrote:I'm getting slight scumtwitches from a few players.
Not enough to seriously consider any of them as likely scum yet
, but the needles on my scum detectors are twitching slightly.
In post 98, CCC wrote:
Yes, it's
incredibly minor
. The only reason I'm even considering him is because I don't have any scumreads better than
incredibly minor
In post 152, CCC wrote:
Insignificantly scummier. I have no significant reads at all.

Also, what do you mean by "self-metaing"?

CCC was scum reading Gamma longer then Square. So his square scum read getting brought to the forefront is a little odd. I think it must have been a pressure vote. There really isn't enough going on with Square to get a read on him imo.

Spoiler: sqr
In post 121, CCC wrote:
In my previous post, I suggested that VictorDeAngelo and Gamma Emerald were pinging as
very slightly scum
. To that list I will now add GreenNope and Square World; the first for being completely absent, and the second for providing extremely short posts with no reasons for his votes. From these four, I will elect to park my vote (for the moment) on:

VOTE: Square World

I really like this post. I kind of like hearing statistical aspects of mafia. And I felt like he understood what I was trying to do with the reaction analysis.

Spoiler: math
In post 193, CCC wrote:
In post 189, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 160, Grendel wrote: Do you like/dislike anything else in 102?
I generally dont like when ppl say "there are 1-2 scum in this group of people" when the group they are talking about is exactly 50% of the players (self not included)
Which in return means he also thinks there are 1-2 scum in the other group.

@RhazhBashu: would you mind answering my question in
In this game, assuming the existence of three scum, the odds of a randomly selected group of five people (if a single known Town player is removed from consideration) containing zero scum is 16.807%. This is the same as the odds of the randomly selected group containing three scum.

Thus, the odds of five randomly selected players (after putting aside one known Town player) containing either exactly one or exactly two scum is 66.386%.

If there are two or four scum, these numbers change somewhat.

But Grendel didn't just say that in 102. He took his five players, and he
ranked us
in order of perceived scumminess. He didn't just say "one or two of these five people are scum". He said "of these five people, this is how scummy I think they are, and this is why."

Also I think I should point out that CCC blunders a lot. But his blunders and contradictions look more like something a town would mess up on then scum. Usally scum are more... "aware" of little contradictions and avoid them, whereas town doesn't obsess over what they are saying nearly as much as scum would. It sort of falls under the mentality that scum care more about appearances then town. Which I don't entirely agree with, (I care about my appearance as both alignments), but I do think that town cares less about screwing up something like accusing others for something they themselves have done.

But what is so weird is that CCC
is super cautions with his scum reads
. So I'm trying to figure out why CCC appears not afraid of contradicting himself, but worried about his reads being wrong.

Spoiler: derp
In post 203, CCC wrote:
In post 202, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Huh. You're right. So I did.

I misremembered my own words. I apologise for the oversight.

Here he voted Victor. Once again missing Gamma. Maybe I'm paying more attention to this because I'm scum reading Gamma. AFAIK, CCC never withdrew his suspions of Gamma, had a town read on me and I was dogging Gamma in the last few days. So why didn't CCC show any interest in Gamma lynch?

Spoiler: dodge
In post 201, CCC wrote:
Why not?

Ultimately, I'm still very null. I've seen how he eats rope in two other games. He gets lynched early a lot. his poor rhetoric, and awkward pushes make him an easy target. I am not going to vote CCC today.

Another thing, I don't like how he had a scum read on Gamma, but didn't seem interested when I was pushing Gamma. It makes me wonder about the possibility of them both being scum who are distancing each other. I'll save hypothetical scum teams for later though since this post is getting long.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Snake

Now do
Rhazbash
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@Grendel: CCC has been scumreading me, and he's been pushing it too, though mostly in his defense.
<Embrace The Void>

gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:33 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 215, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay.
Manuel87
Okay, so I guess i just quote what i think about them so far.
In post 84, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 80, eagerSnake wrote:
VictorDeAngelo wrote:My vote on eagerSnake is now a serious vote.
This, however, can only be a few things:
A lazy town
A scum
A town with an ulterior motive
Can you explain why you think this can be scum?
Here, I like how he tried to get more reads from eager. It felt like town trying to get more information from someone by asking them to justify their reads.
In post 117, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 115, The_Jester wrote:UNVOTE:

Manuel, who looks the most suspicious, in your opinion?
I would say CCC.
I didnt like the statement about math. He is already making excuses for pushing on town day 1.
Later he misreps and votes you for dodging a lot of questions. There was one question you didnt answer but gave an explanation why you wouldnt do.
It just doesnt fit into him saying he takes a mathematik aproach of the game.
When asked to give a fos, he outs one, and gives a semi good reason as to why he has this fos. It wasn't that strong, but that's to be expected that far in.
In post 153, Manuel87 wrote:@The_Jester: What are your thoughts on Grendel so far?
@Grendel: When you made your read on eagerSnake in was that considering him being your buddy or was that a serious read on his play?
Here he is trying to get more information from others to clarify and backup the reads they have about them.
In post 189, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 160, Grendel wrote: Do you like/dislike anything else in 102?
I generally dont like when ppl say "there are 1-2 scum in this group of people" when the group they are talking about is exactly 50% of the players (self not included)
Which in return means he also thinks there are 1-2 scum in the other group.

@RhazhBashu: would you mind answering my question in
Here is answers a question, and then gives another question (to my scumread which is always good :p)

Even though he's only had 10 posts, I'd say he's been trying to get others to speak more as well. I personally have him null leaning town right now.

Can you tell me your reads on RhazhBashu, gamma?

(sorry idk how to do spoilers and stuff yet, so sorry for the big block quotes)
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:40 pm

Post by Huntress »

Hi there!

Will read up and post later today.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

About RhazhBash:
I feel like he's not really adding to much to the conversation. His most recent post was to defend himself against an accusation. This makes me think he could be scum.
(By the way, I don't really do multiquote megaposts)
CCC
<Embrace The Void>

CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 205, Square World wrote:
In post 125, The_Jester wrote:@SquareWorld I'd like to see some reads from you.
tip: i vote the first non-townread post above mine

if that's not clear enough, we can play popcorn reads
I don't know how popcorn reads work. Would playing it get some useful reads out of you?
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 208, Grendel wrote:
In post 201, CCC wrote:This is the second time you've tried to shut down a line of questioning, the first being here.

Wait. So you are scum reading Victor for halting discussion when Gerry basically did the same thing with posts 93 and 109 when he was talking crap about early game reads.

Why does one ping you but not the other?
Victor is shutting down questions aimed specifically at himself. Not only is he not answering them, but he's making statements intended to disparage eagersnake for having asked them in the first place. Not to suggest that snake is scum; but rather to suggest that snake is an idiot.

Gerryoats' posts said nothing about
discussion
. Rather, he disparaged the idea of anyone forming an early scumread - suggesting that he has no problem with discussion that might lead to a later scumread, he just doesn't see he anyone can possibly have enough information to form a firm scumread yet. So he's not shutting down discussion, just marking early scumreads as 'suspicious' and to suggest that those who make them might be scum.

Victor's statements are thus pinging me as potential scum, while Gerry's are neutral at worst.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”