gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:39 pm

Post by gerryoat »

why is it a serious vote now? can you explain at least?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:18 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 73, The_Jester wrote:^stop speculating

Snake's quick unvote after being so convinced his target's scum when Gamma didn't even provide much of a defense seems like poor attempt of trying to appear active which I don't like. Could be seen as scum soft pushing scum to distance themselves but it's too early to say. I must commend Snake for his observation though.
@Gamma why would you think your setup spec in 39 is incriminating in Snake's eyes when he's also done the same? The only reason I can think of is you knew you slipped with that 3 mafia thing.
I kept the same scumteam size, so he probably thought I knew how large it was because I was in it.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Eggman
Eggman
Goon
Eggman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:20 am

Post by Eggman »

Vote Count 1.01

The_Jester
: Manuel87
Grendel
: Gamma Emerald, The_Jester
eagerSnake
: VictorDeAngelo, CCC
Manuel87
: RhazhBash
CCC
: Square World

With 11 players alive, it takes
for a lynch.
The deadline for this day is (expired on 2016-09-26 18:00:00).
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:22 am

Post by The_Jester »

In post 76, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 73, The_Jester wrote:^stop speculating

Snake's quick unvote after being so convinced his target's scum when Gamma didn't even provide much of a defense seems like poor attempt of trying to appear active which I don't like. Could be seen as scum soft pushing scum to distance themselves but it's too early to say. I must commend Snake for his observation though.
@Gamma why would you think your setup spec in 39 is incriminating in Snake's eyes when he's also done the same? The only reason I can think of is you knew you slipped with that 3 mafia thing.
I kept the same scumteam size, so he probably thought I knew how large it was because I was in it.

Yes I get that. What I asked is why
you
said your 39 looks incriminating. Like, did you know it's incriminating at the moment you wrote it or only after Snake's pointed it out?
Why'd the clown drive over the cup?
He wanted to crack him up!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

After.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:37 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 73, The_Jester wrote:Snake's quick unvote after being so convinced his target's scum when Gamma didn't even provide much of a defense seems like poor attempt of trying to appear active which I don't like. Could be seen as scum soft pushing scum to distance themselves but it's too early to say. I must commend Snake for his observation though.
It was more of a feel. Do you know how when you start up a conversation with someone or call them out for something (something weak, not something that's damning) and you are trying to determine if it came from scum or town? Well when conversing with him I got this strong feeling I was engaged in a TvT and I didn't peg a scum, so I decided to end it before it blew up. I was hoping I pegged a scum but I don't think I did.. Hence the unvote and proclamation of his towniness.
VictorDeAngelo wrote:My vote on eagerSnake is now a serious vote.
This, however, can only be a few things:

A lazy town
A scum
A town with an ulterior motive
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:51 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 72, gerryoat wrote:Why does Gamma feel like town? I feel like what he's said is basically what I've said when it comes to the setup. Also, I still think it's not needed to talk about what kinda PRs we have
Yeah, sorry, I explained this in my last post but to reiterate it was the feeling I got when engaging him about his alignment. From my shoes it was a really townie feeling, not a scummy feeling.

Probably a good time to tell you all that I have Asperger's so I may not be able to completely convey my thought process and therefore you may not completely understand my postings but you can rest assured I always put plenty of thought into it. Hopefully knowing this fact will help you read my posts better and maybe understand why I post what I post when I post it as you now understand where I am coming from. I should probably just put this fact in my signature.
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:55 am

Post by The_Jester »

There's no need to. Questions generate discussion and help check which players actually read the game.
Why'd the clown drive over the cup?
He wanted to crack him up!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I have Aspergers too, in fact one of the reasons I play this game is to improve my social skills.
<Embrace The Void>

Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:17 am

Post by Manuel87 »

In post 80, eagerSnake wrote:
A lazy town
A scum
Can you explain why you think this can be scum?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:08 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Scum do this because if they get away with it they can push for a town lynch without having to actually build a case themselves. I think scum hate building a case against town. When they build a case against town, especially this early, they know it would be forced and full of misreps and would therefore make them look scummy. They tend to more so piggy-back off others and they much more prefer to subtly swing momentum towards a town lynch without having to make any personal statements as of why they think that player is scum. Notice how it came 5 minutes after The Jester's post and how there is no comment as to why it is now serious.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:09 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Why are you more concerned with me explaining why I think that could possibly be from coming scum, than him explaining why his vote on me is now serious?
RhazhBash
RhazhBash
Goon
RhazhBash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:59 am

Post by RhazhBash »

The page 3 stuff between Snake and Gamma is 100% fluff. I don't see how Victor can be scumreading snake for it either. Regardless I don't see it as alignment indicative.

Also a huge pet peeve of mine is when people waste too much time on setup spec. Setup spec won't win Town the game, so quit it and start posting some real content.
Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:02 am

Post by Manuel87 »

In post 86, eagerSnake wrote:Why are you more concerned with me explaining why I think that could possibly be from coming scum, than him explaining why his vote on me is now serious?
In post 75, gerryoat wrote:why is it a serious vote now? can you explain at least?
I dont think there is a need to ask the same things twice.
RhazhBash
RhazhBash
Goon
RhazhBash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:15 am

Post by RhazhBash »

Now my vote on Manuel is serious. He looks more like he's pushing on low hanging fruit than hunting scum. There's a lot indicative of the type of player Snake is in the thread, but not his alignment IMO.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:34 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 75, gerryoat wrote:why is it a serious vote now? can you explain at least?
Sure.
In post 59, eagerSnake wrote:I have 2 people in my town block, and 1 person I know is scum.

I don't have any relevant experience with anyone in this game. I have off-site chat mafia experience with Gamma and gerryoat, but not enough to deem useful.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

Kudos to anyone who can explain how I know this is scum based on his 5 posts.
The vote here feels forced, particularly since it came after I pressured him for some reads. Then a couple of posts down...
In post 69, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm pretty sure there is 3 mafia. There could be two, but I don't know because I'm not one.
In post 70, eagerSnake wrote:Gamma feels like town here.

VOTE: Unvote

Someone else's turn now. Fiance is getting mad that I'm on here too much tonight.
I also didn't like how eager shifts his read so easily here. Feels more like he got more push back from Gamma than anticipated and retreated than a townie genuinely changing a read.
In post 80, eagerSnake wrote:

A lazy town
A scum
I reckon I could probably take a random post in this game, make the same statement and it would probably hold up.
In post 89, RhazhBash wrote:Now my vote on Manuel is serious. He looks more like he's pushing on low hanging fruit than hunting scum. There's a lot indicative of the type of player Snake is in the thread, but not his alignment IMO.
I get more bad feels from this post than anything eager has done though.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: RhazhBash

And to pre-empt the next question:
No, I'm explaining further at this time.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:43 am

Post by Grendel »

Hey, I'm too busy to sit down and write up what I wanted to do yesterday atm.

I just want to say that I have seen what I was looking for, and the first chance I can this evening I will jump into this.
Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Manuel87 »

In post 89, RhazhBash wrote:Now my vote on Manuel is serious. He looks more like he's pushing on low hanging fruit than hunting scum. There's a lot indicative of the type of player Snake is in the thread, but not his alignment IMO.
Can you show me where i pushed on eagerSnake?
Also why do you consider him low hanging fruit?

RVS should be over now so
UNVOTE:
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:50 am

Post by gerryoat »

I'm calling BS on anyone who gets a serious scumread 4 pages into a game, when most of it is just feeling out and partially random votes that have no meaning behind them. So, anyone who says they actually hard fos someone, is just someone trying actively to look like they are scumhunting, when in reality they aren't.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:31 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In my last game I had scum at L-1 on page 3.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:42 am

Post by CCC »

I'm getting slight scumtwitches from a few players. Not enough to seriously consider any of them as likely scum yet, but the needles on my scum detectors are twitching slightly.

First is Gamma Emerald, for his post #39:
In post 39, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 32, eagerSnake wrote:Do we know how many scum we're looking for?

11 players I'm assuming there's a few possibilities here...

3 teamed mafia, 8 town
2 teamed mafia, 1 3rd party (not cult), 8 town
2 teams of 2 mafia, 7 town
I'm betting 3 Mafia, 8 town or 3 mafia, 7 town, and one 3P.
He was right later - that
does
look scummish. He's keeping the size of the mafia team constant between his guesses, instead of keeping the total number of scum constant. This may mean nothing, or it may imply that he has actual knowledge of the size of the scumteam.

It's a bit thin, but it's got my attention.

The second one who's making me nervous is The_Jester; he seems to be doing quite a lot of dodging questions and discouraging speculation in this thread.

The third one pinging my scumdar is VictorDeAngelo, for his habit of not explaining his scumreads until he wants to move to a different target.

--------------

Since my vote is on none of the above, I think I should move it onto one of the above. Therefore:

VOTE: The Jester
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:57 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Could you show me where Jester is dodging questions? I actually read him as town..
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:11 am

Post by eagerSnake »

@mod: Can you prod GreenNope? He hasn't posted in the thread yet.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:18 am

Post by CCC »

In post 96, eagerSnake wrote:Could you show me where Jester is dodging questions? I actually read him as town..
In post 53, The_Jester wrote:I asked first so don't you turn this on me and make me answer for you.
That's the best example.

Yes, it's incredibly minor. The only reason I'm even considering him is because I don't have any scumreads better than incredibly minor.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:26 am

Post by eagerSnake »

I actually think Victor is the worst of those 3.

VOTE: VictorDeAngelo

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”