Newbie 1725: Innocents, Inc. [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:36 pm

Post by Harkonnen97 »

In post 924, Shadow_step wrote:@IV, VC please.
Loop moved his vote from serrapaladin to Thor
Thor moved his vote from Loop to Blank
The rest is the same.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:21 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 923, BlankFace wrote:
In post 914, Loopdan wrote:Town!Blank, I apologize if you feel backed into a corner. I'm sorry Creature thinks you are lurking when you are simply gainfully employed. But Thor has not helped town figure out this game at all. He doesn't look like an experienced town IC trying to solve the game.
In post 913, Loopdan wrote:
In post 900, Loopdan wrote:Town!Blank votes Thor here to save his hide. scum!Blank stalls and hopes for no-lynch if Thor is his scum-buddy, but goes for the lynch if Thor is town.
@Blank-- Which part of the above do you disagree with?
Don't aologize. I'm not backed into a corner.

The part that deals in absolutes. The part that paints me like shit no matter what I do. You are setting up your next mislynch as scum. Here's what you laid out:
1. I vote Thor, out of self preservation. Easy to see scum motivation for me there after the fact.
2. I, as scum "stall" and hope for a no lynch? [like what in the actual fuck? In what world is a NL EVER going to happen first of all, second of all how does a NL benefit me as scum? Prolonging the game does not help scum. That's more days to trying to fly under the radar.
3. I, as scum, vote Thor to for the mislynch.

Of those three scenarios, all three paint me as scum in the long run. All three are easy setups to push me tomorrow should Thor be lynched today and he flips town. That is the issue that I have with that post.

I also don't like being told what to do. Just look at my interactions with/ignoring Shadow Step.
I don't see how you could be misunderstanding my simple statement. I said that town!Blank and scum!Blank would vote Thor, unless you are both scum, then scum!Blank stalls. Which is now what you are doing.

I don't understand why, if you are town, you wouldn't vote Thor right now, even if he is your top town read. If you are town, you are 100% confirmed by your role pm. No other town-read Day 1 is confirmed. Why would you allow conftown (you) to be lynched over another player?

And you are trying to sell my statement as a setup to lynch you later no matter what you do now. I already said I am OK with either of these wagons. So yeah, whoever we lynch today, I'm looking at the other tomorrow.

Blank voting Thor in this situation is NAI. Blank not voting Thor in this situation is either showing us the scum team, or stubbornness.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:40 am

Post by Loopdan »

The Thor vote puts Blank at L-1. I intend to hammer Blank at deadline if there is no L-1 vote and intent to hammer on Thor.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Shadow_step »

We can lynch scum day 1 people, just move to MT

:facepalm:
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:30 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 926, Loopdan wrote:I don't see how you could be misunderstanding my simple statement. I said that town!Blank and scum!Blank would vote Thor, unless you are both scum, then scum!Blank stalls. Which is now what you are doing.

I don't understand why, if you are town, you wouldn't vote Thor right now, even if he is your top town read. If you are town, you are 100% confirmed by your role pm. No other town-read Day 1 is confirmed. Why would you allow conftown (you) to be lynched over another player?

And you are trying to sell my statement as a setup to lynch you later no matter what you do now. I already said I am OK with either of these wagons. So yeah, whoever we lynch today, I'm looking at the other tomorrow.

Blank voting Thor in this situation is NAI. Blank not voting Thor in this situation is either showing us the scum team, or stubbornness.
I'm sorry to say this view is quite simplistic. Overly survivalist behaviour is frequently viewed as a scum-tell, because the psychology of "everyone but me" interferes with having actual reads. Immediately jumping on a counter wagon you don't believe in can frequently lead to momentum swinging back the other way. At this point, the well is poisoned and Blank's stubbornness is NAI.
Wandering but not lost
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:31 am

Post by Creature »

In post 928, Shadow_step wrote:We can lynch scum day 1 people, just move to MT

:facepalm:
I'd love this dead.
Sigh
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:34 am

Post by Shadow_step »

I will be if we don't lynch MT today.

Tomorrow MT is going to keep crying about wifom,
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:36 am

Post by Creature »

Blank or Thor?
Sigh
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:37 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Basically the case on Thor - he is not as active he should be as town IC.. WTF?

Basically the case on Thor - he is not as active as he should be as town, meta from another game....WTF?

Do you seriously think the Day 1 lynch should be between these people??
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:37 am

Post by Shadow_step »

ebwop
In post 933, Shadow_step wrote:Basically the case on Thor - he is not as active he should be as town IC.. WTF?

Basically the case on Blank - he is not as active as he should be as town, meta from another game....WTF?

Do you seriously think the Day 1 lynch should be between these people??
Show

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:37 am

Post by Creature »

It's not Thor's activity that bothers.
Sigh
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 932, Creature wrote:Blank or Thor?
I will hammer Blank if needed.
Show

Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:06 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

What about Penguin? Anyone up for that?
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

His "pushing" on Blank at the moment the wagon on him picked up momentum and he is close to getting lynched is bonkers.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:12 am

Post by Creature »

Not sure the way Thor town read Penguin.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:17 am

Post by Creature »

If we're going to push another wagon, we won't get much support, and it's not a good idea as we're forcing another player to claim.
Sigh
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:20 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Penguin is playing very passively. He barely and half-heartedly pushes for his scumreads. Passive playstyle is something valid and I can see a town doing it. However, Penguin is a newbie. Fabricating scumreads is
much
harder than fabricating town reads, since you already know who is town and who is scum. So sitting back and letting others push the wagons is something I can easily see a new scum player do.

Pengo, you're fucking scum mate.

p-edit: someone put Thor at L-1 and force him to claim or move to Penguin then. Thor isn't pressured to claim when he's at L-2.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:22 am

Post by Creature »

Thor said he won't be around during deadline, if he was PR he would've claimed.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:22 am

Post by Creature »

Thor flipping scum would make Penguin pretty much town imo.
Sigh
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:24 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

In post 942, Creature wrote:Thor said he won't be around during deadline, if he was PR he would've claimed.
Why would anyone hammer at L-2 when there's no intent to hammer?
In post 943, Creature wrote:Thor flipping scum would make Penguin pretty much town imo.
Explain please
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:25 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Why would anyone claim at L-2*
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:26 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 940, Creature wrote:If we're going to push another wagon, we won't get much support, and it's not a good idea as we're forcing another player to claim.
I made this point before. Blank has already claimed VT. We should not be forcing other claims at this point unless there is a clear target that is agreed upon.

Now Thor says he won't be back until after deadline, which means no claim from him. So do we lynch Thor with no claim or lynch Blank who already claimed VT? I'm leaning Blank based on that, but maybe that's Thor's strategy? :?
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:28 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 941, Harkonnen97 wrote:Penguin is playing very passively. He barely and half-heartedly pushes for his scumreads. Passive playstyle is something valid and I can see a town doing it. However, Penguin is a newbie. Fabricating scumreads is
much
harder than fabricating town reads, since you already know who is town and who is scum. So sitting back and letting others push the wagons is something I can easily see a new scum player do.

Pengo, you're fucking scum mate.

p-edit: someone put Thor at L-1 and force him to claim or move to Penguin then. Thor isn't pressured to claim when he's at L-2.
Why do you want thor to claim when we have Blank sitting at L-1 (I think), and we've already had him claim?
Wandering but not lost
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:28 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

If I'm not mistaken, Thor announced he will be v/la before anyone even voted for Blank I think. I don't see the connection there.

p-edit: Because I think Blank is town and Thor is scum.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:29 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 946, Loopdan wrote:
In post 940, Creature wrote:If we're going to push another wagon, we won't get much support, and it's not a good idea as we're forcing another player to claim.
I made this point before. Blank has already claimed VT. We should not be forcing other claims at this point unless there is a clear target that is agreed upon.

Now Thor says he won't be back until after deadline, which means no claim from him. So do we lynch Thor with no claim or lynch Blank who already claimed VT? I'm leaning Blank based on that, but maybe that's Thor's strategy? :?
This is more townposting btw.

Fwiw, I don't question his VLA.
Wandering but not lost

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”