Newbie 1725: Innocents, Inc. [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 310, Harkonnen97 wrote:I re-read Penguin's ISO, and checked the timings of his posts, and it's making me reconsider a bit. Moving him up a notch for now.

Town - Loopdan
Lean Town - MissTerry, BlankFace, Creature
Null - Lucca, Penguin
Lean Scum - Shadow
Scum - Thor

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Shadow_step
Why are you scum reading Thor and why are you leaning town on BlankF and MissT?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 309, Harkonnen97 wrote:Welcome Shadow.

Why are you putting the person with the biggest wagon on L-1 before you even caught up?
The day you find out why, you'd have become a better mafia player.
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:58 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 320, Harkonnen97 wrote:
In post 313, Thor665 wrote:Does anyone?
Creature.
In post 313, Thor665 wrote:
In post 271, Harkonnen97 wrote:Also sorry for that long Smurf wall. I should probably start dissecting Thor's walls when I answer then.
Yeah, I don't know about anyone else, but the orange text answers in my quotes when I'm quoting orange text answers takes a little while to sort out.
/modkills Thor
for quote editing ;)

If anyone hammers Loopdan without first saying "I intend to hammer Loopdan" will be considered to be claiming scum and will be lynched Day 2.
Also, even if he does say that he has intent, he should wait for Loopdan to claim his role, in case he claims a PR (PR stands for Power Role, which means a town role that isn't Vanilla Townie; basically all town roles with abilities).
:facepalm:

You really think that scum are that stupid that they will expose themselves on day 1 with such a stupid hammer?
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Shadow_step »

I read till about page 10 and then got bored.
I don't think I've ever read "lurking" and "IC' so many times .

Creature why were ypi so obsessed with lurking since the start of the game, I haven't played many games with you but I haven't seen such a thing from you before.
Show

Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:14 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

I am scumreading Thor because I feel like he has been giving too much attention to Loopdan, doesn't interact with others that much, firmly believes that Loop is scum and refuses to consider that he could be wrong. Also he is incredibly nitpicky. The scummy things that Loop has done could be things that a newb town would make, but he refuses to think that way even for a second.

I am leaning town on Blank because his reads give me a fuck ton of town vibes. The only reason I'm not putting him at strong town lean is because I don't like his intentional lurking. His reasoning is plausible, but lurking as scum, in order to see how the game progresses before you start making fake reads in order to benefit you and your scumpartner is also a possbility. (Another reason I'm scumreading Thor - the inactivity at the start. I can't be 100% certain that he is telling the truth.)

Leaning town on MissTerry because she is behaving just like a newb townie would behave in my eyes. She is constantly sharing her throught process, because she wants to be understood.
In post 326, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 309, Harkonnen97 wrote:Welcome Shadow.

Why are you putting the person with the biggest wagon on L-1 before you even caught up?
The day you find out why, you'd have become a better mafia player.
I'm moving you from Lean Scum to Scum because of this post. This is not a valid answer to the question. Instead of walking me through your thought process, you answer in a cryptic way. This prevents you from being read, and gives you alot of possibilities about how to continue your play. So far, only me, Loop and Thor have mentioned you putting Loop on L-1. Let me guess, you are waiting for everyone else to give your opinion, see how everyone thinks, and then you will actually answer the question, in a way that benefits you the most? (as in, you will give the reason that the most people will guess?)
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:16 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Also, the thing I said about hammering is directed to everyone. A town hammering without giving intent is a possibility. (I was town in my previous game and I did it. Twice. :oops:)
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Maybe, maybe not ^

Saying that MissT is prob scum too.
Show

Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Do you have reads?
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:24 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

In post 328, Shadow_step wrote:Creature why were ypi so obsessed with lurking since the start of the game, I haven't played many games with you but I haven't seen such a thing from you before.
Also I'm pretty sure this was asked a million times already and Creature already answered.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Shadow_step »

I do, I'll share them when I see fit.
Show

Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:34 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

I can only see 3 reasons for you to refuse to interact with me:

1) You think I'm scum

2) You think I'm a newb town and not worth your time

2) You're scum

Which one is it?
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

3)*
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:51 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 331, Shadow_step wrote:Maybe, maybe not ^

Saying that MissT is prob scum too.
Why do you think she's scum? I get a town vibe from her posts so far.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

I would guardedly second a Miss Terry town read. The issues I have with her vibe newb energy more than specifically newb scum energy.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:06 am

Post by Creature »

Shadow, please, fully catch up, you're currently just nitpicking what already has been answered.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:51 am

Post by Creature »

And now that everyone has posted:

Town: Harkonnen97, MissTerry, lucca641
Townleans: BlankFace (lol)
Null/scum: PenguinPower
Scumleans*: Thor665, Loopdan, Shadow_step

* = Doesn't mean I think they're scum together.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Creature »

^ Btw, coincidentally that's the order of my reads (except I think Loop is townier than Thor665):

Harkonnen97
MissTerry
lucca6411
BlankFace
PenguinPower
Loopdan
Thor665
Shadow_step
Sigh
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:11 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 323, Thor665 wrote:@Loop - also, you seem to be calling me scum, yet you're voting Shadow for a pretty clear reaction test vote - a method you yourself cited using earlier in the game. WHy does that make him more scummy than me, especially since I have Blank voting me for all those details that you like?
I'm not sure you should be comparing me voting the second vote as a reaction test in RVS to Shadow voting me to L-1 without reading the thread.

Why is he scummier than you? He was in a scummy slot and his entrance into the game was pro-scum. Didn't I already say that? And you may be overestimating my scum-read on you. You've been null to me for much of this game, but recent events have made you lean-scum in my eyes.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Creature »

I think it's prodtime for lucca261.
Sigh
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 341, Creature wrote:^ Btw, coincidentally that's the order of my reads (except I think Loop is townier than Thor665):

Harkonnen97
MissTerry
lucca6411
BlankFace
PenguinPower
Loopdan
Thor665
Shadow_step
Why is your vote still on BlankFace?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 342, Loopdan wrote:I'm not sure you should be comparing me voting the second vote as a reaction test in RVS to Shadow voting me to L-1 without reading the thread.
I am exactly comparing it - are you claiming his one and only scumplan there was to vote you, announce it was L-1, and then hope some derp newb would wander in and hammer you?
Because I feel like that's what you're saying, and I'm saying to you that doesn't make a lot of sense.
In post 342, Loopdan wrote:Why is he scummier than you? He was in a scummy slot and his entrance into the game was pro-scum. Didn't I already say that? And you may be overestimating my scum-read on you. You've been null to me for much of this game, but recent events have made you lean-scum in my eyes.
Beyond lurk (from a player who then requested replacement due to inability to commit to the game - which to my mind suggests the lurking was not a strategy; feel free to clue me in if you conclude otherwise) why is his slot scummy?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:33 am

Post by Creature »

In post 344, Loopdan wrote:
In post 341, Creature wrote:^ Btw, coincidentally that's the order of my reads (except I think Loop is townier than Thor665):

Harkonnen97
MissTerry
lucca6411
BlankFace
PenguinPower
Loopdan
Thor665
Shadow_step
He isn't near to be lynched and I don't feel like switching my vote right now.
Why is your vote still on BlankFace?
Sigh
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:43 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 345, Thor665 wrote:
In post 342, Loopdan wrote:I'm not sure you should be comparing me voting the second vote as a reaction test in RVS to Shadow voting me to L-1 without reading the thread.
I am exactly comparing it -
are you claiming his one and only scumplan there was to vote you, announce it was L-1, and then hope some derp newb would wander in and hammer you?

Because I feel like that's what you're saying, and I'm saying to you that doesn't make a lot of sense.
emphasis added.

No. I'm not claiming that. Stop putting words in other players' mouths.

I've made my point clear and you are attempting to muddy the waters. It's a scummy way to enter a newbie game and you know it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

Aw man, now we have to run up Creature for accountability.

@Creature - why don't you feel like moving your vote? Loop has a vote on Shadow, so would probably appreciate some help there.
Your empty vote on a claimed townish read is certainly less helpful than doing that.
What's the advantage of sitting there voting him?

@Loop - describe his scumplan to me then? And, no, I absolutely disagree that it's a scummy way to enter any game, Newbie or not. You might be able to argue reckless, but that's not scummy. And, since I'm an IC, I'm not allowed to lie about my theory beliefs, so...?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

By 'accountability' I mean 'readability' The joke made more sense before Loop's post.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”