Newbie 1725: Innocents, Inc. [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 297, Loopdan wrote:@PP-- BlankFace has expressed mixed thoughts on me. That's far from your scumread. He voted Thor, who is in your lean-town tier. He has Lucca as scum, and Hark as town.

You say you and BlankFace agree enough on your important reads, but you don't share a single scumread.

Penguin says scum is Loopdan-Hark.
BlankFace says scum is Thor-Lucca.

Yet you like his reads?
Yes. I like his reads. I like the content of what he says about you even if not calling you scum. I like the content of what he says about Hark even if not calling him scum. I don't really care about Lucca because I am null on him due to lack of posting. I disagree on Thor but that's ok. Just because we don't have identical positioning on the town to scum spectrum doesn't mean I don't like what he says, nor does it mean a convincing argument couldn't be made to bring me closer to his reads, and I'm sure one could bring him to mine.

Yes. As much as my gut says you're scum doesn't mean that I'm not willing to change that alignment. I just haven't seen a convincing argument to.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Ok, but you two still don't share a scumread, yet Penguin says you agree enough on his important reads.

Blank, am I off on 298?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 301, Loopdan wrote:Ok, but you two still don't share a scumread, yet Penguin says you agree enough on his important reads.

Blank, am I off on 298?
This whole post is directed at Blank's last post.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 300, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 297, Loopdan wrote:@PP-- BlankFace has expressed mixed thoughts on me. That's far from your scumread. He voted Thor, who is in your lean-town tier. He has Lucca as scum, and Hark as town.

You say you and BlankFace agree enough on your important reads, but you don't share a single scumread.

Yet you like his reads?
Yes. I like his reads. I like the content of what he says about you even if not calling you scum. I like the content of what he says about Hark even if not calling him scum. I don't really care about Lucca because I am null on him due to lack of posting. I disagree on Thor but that's ok. Just because we don't have identical positioning on the town to scum spectrum doesn't mean I don't like what he says, nor does it mean a convincing argument couldn't be made to bring me closer to his reads, and I'm sure one could bring him to mine.

Yes. As much as my gut says you're scum doesn't mean that I'm not willing to change that alignment. I just haven't seen a convincing argument to.
I'm not saying you have to have identical positioning on your reads in order to say you like Blank's reads. I just don't get you saying it when your scum reads are so dissimilar.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 303, Loopdan wrote:
I'm not saying you have to have identical positioning on your reads in order to say you like Blank's reads. I just don't get you saying it when your scum reads are so dissimilar.
Considering we're early game, and scum reads could easily flip when Lucca (or his replacement) and Draynth's replacement start posting, I don't get why you don't.

No one's scum reads should be hard set at this point. It could be, though unlikely, that both our absentee slots are scum. We just don't know at this point, and with only 7 players, we need those slots to start doing something.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

VOTECOUNT 1.4
Player
Being voted by (in chronological order)
Number of Votes
1. PenguinPower Harkonnen97
2. MissTerry
3. lucca261
4. Harkonnen97
5. Loopdan PenguinPower, Thor665, MissTerry
3 (L-2)
6. Creature
7. BlankFace lucca261, Creature
8. Draynth
9. Thor665 BlankFace

Not voting: Draynth, Loopdan

Deadline to lynch is in (expired on 2016-07-23 01:09:00)

With 9 eligible to vote, it's 5 to lynch

Please let me know if there are errors in the VC, or have any other questions in general. Don't forget to bold such requests to me.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:45 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

I'll be reading this later tonight

Meanwhile

VOTE: Loopdan

L-1

Because why not ?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:54 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

I'm replacing Dray btw, mod should confirm it soon(I hope :P)
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:05 pm

In post 307, Shadow_step wrote:I'm replacing Dray btw, mod should confirm it soon(I hope :P)
Sorry about that, I was going to do it but then I got distracted and forgot :(

Shadow_step replaces Draynth, welcome him!
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:31 pm

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Welcome Shadow.

Why are you putting the person with the biggest wagon on L-1 before you even caught up?
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:29 pm

Post by Harkonnen97 »

I re-read Penguin's ISO, and checked the timings of his posts, and it's making me reconsider a bit. Moving him up a notch for now.

Town - Loopdan
Lean Town - MissTerry, BlankFace, Creature
Null - Lucca, Penguin
Lean Scum - Shadow
Scum - Thor

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Shadow_step
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Loop, if you're town, please start hunting. You started off strong, but you're became really passive as of late.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:51 pm

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Do you have reads?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 265, MissTerry wrote:that's why I don't think constantly saying outright, hey I'm town! Is a very townish thing to do. But it could be a slipup, we're both newbies. That kind of a post just sets off red flags for me.
How can it be a slipup? A slipup of what? Either he's town and is telling the truth, or is scum and lying - I don't see any potential slips.
In post 266, BlankFace wrote:I'm literally
always
logged into the site. I have a tab open and never turn off my computer. Plus, I have been lurking and skimming. Waiting, really.
Just having a tab open doesn't keep you logged in, activity keeps you logged in.
I agree that you have been lurking - that's what I said.
In post 268, Harkonnen97 wrote:
You are making this overly complicated. I'm not even sure what was the start of this topic. I think you said "If you think that Loop's pressure on you was town, why isn't our wagon on him town?" ?
Well, while you did give your reasoning, I don't like MissTerry's and Penguin's reasonings. They don't put pressure. So what's left for Loopdan is to defend himself only against you. And trying to have a verbal fight with you is a fucking endless torture. You just keep asking questions after questions. While some of them are good and I can see town motivation, some of them are also just basic and pointless things, like ... don't know how to say it.
My questions have a purpose.
I think both Penguin and Miss Terry have done solid work in explaining their issues - you can disagree with them, but you can't say they haven't been expressed.
In post 268, Harkonnen97 wrote:
His whole #218 post is defending himself against my accusations, and ends it with a NEW READLIST. In which he puts me from "Lean Town" to "Null", in retaliation to me scumreading him. Why would he put me at null anyway? Isn't he scumreading me? The only people he is scumreading in that post are the person who was the biggest wagon on him, and who has the IC verbally pounding him, and the 2 inactives.

The point is, he doesn't admit that his new readlist is in response to my accusation.
He doesn't really deny it either - I see him denying that his posting time was connected to your attack, but that's it.
Am I missing something here?
In post 271, Harkonnen97 wrote:Also sorry for that long Smurf wall. I should probably start dissecting Thor's walls when I answer then.
Yeah, I don't know about anyone else, but the orange text answers in my quotes when I'm quoting orange text answers takes a little while to sort out.
In post 274, BlankFace wrote:Lucca: Why does anyone have Lucca as a townread right now?
Does anyone?
In post 274, BlankFace wrote:Thor:
In post 164, Thor665 wrote:Apologies for my lateness - I blame the mod for not giving me a game link and therefore it never going into my bookmark queue.
:roll: No offense, but poor excuse. It took a click to find this game. You got a PM saying the day had started. You not checking it is not the mods fault. It took me two clicks to find the game and bookmark it after I got my roll pm. You had two PMs before you had to be prodded but whatever. This is probably NAI.
Why did you ignore my winky face? I mean, what did you think this --> :wink: meant? That I was being super serious in placing blame?
In post 274, BlankFace wrote:I agree with Hark's sentiments about Thor's Loop vote and do not like his . If Loopdan was sliding, why not comment on it? It pretty much amounts to a naked vote and when prompted, he doesn't really offer why Loopdan started to slide.
Yes I did, you even quoted it.
In post 274, BlankFace wrote:
In post 180, Thor665 wrote:If I explained why you are scum would you ever agree with me? Don't really see the point.
I changed my read on you from town to scum because though you opened kind of nicely with actual scumhunting but then shifted to saying a whole lot of nothing and also advancing nothing. At this point I feel like you're actively trying not to advance anything - just coasting.
That kind of looks like a description.
Loop then commented on it (agreeing it had happened).
So...what is your issue here? That I indicated it was silly to bother to present the read, and then, when asked, presented it?
Yeah - how manipulative of me.
I don't get your issue - what is your issue again? That I didn't present it initially, or in a catchup that (and this might be intense to hear) did *not* contain every thought I had, or every change of thought?
Because it didn't, I'll admit that now.
In post 274, BlankFace wrote:
In post 201, Thor665 wrote:There is nothing I said that implies I don't check my inbox - in fact I actively stated that I had, which would be the opposite of saying I don't.
Why did that confuse you?
It's confusing as Smurf because if you check your inbox you'd know the game had started. And even if you didn't have a game link, it is not hard to find. It is pure laziness. So yeah, you were lurking. You
knew
the game was ongoing and chose to do nothing. Don't blame the mod for your laziness.
Okay, so at worst you've proven I'm a lazy player (something I have never denied and have claimed in other games.
I don't get how that proves anything about my alignment.
Are you saying when I get a town PM I stop being lazy?
Because you're harping on this point alot (twice in one post) and I feel like you're kind of claiming it as proof I'm scum - which makes no sense.
Am i missing something here?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

I actually love Shadow's entrance to the game - admittedly I think aggressive wagons are pro-town, so there is that bias.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:03 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 306, Shadow_step wrote:I'll be reading this later tonight

Meanwhile

VOTE: Loopdan

L-1

Because why not ?
Um, you just put me at L-1 without reading the game? How exactly is that pro-town? If there is newb-scum off the wagon, they can derp-hammer. If this happens, I want you auto-lynched Day 2 after I flip town.

Your slot looked scummy before, and this just makes it worse.

VOTE: Shadow

@Hark-- I'm at home without a computer today, so an extensive reads list is out of the question, but I'll put my thoughts down on all slots at some point later today. Basically my readslist is the same as yours, but with MissTerry and Lucca each one tier scummier, and Thor's and Shadow's positions swapped. And I have you as town.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:10 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 314, Thor665 wrote:I actually love Shadow's entrance to the game - admittedly I think aggressive wagons are pro-town, so there is that bias.
Aggressive wagons are fine. Putting someone at L-1 in a newbie game when you haven't read the thread and you are playing a scummy slot is not pro-town. :facepalm:

How about an IC reminder about the importance of intent to hammer? That might be something pro-town that you could do about now.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:24 am

Post by Loopdan »

So let me see if I have this correct-- Thor likes Shadow's scummy reasonless L-1 voting entrance, but not Blank's detailed reasoned "entrance."

If town can't see this, then we deserve to lose.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:27 am

Post by Loopdan »

Correction: Thor "loves" Shadow's entrance.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:37 am

Post by Loopdan »

I still want to hear thoughts from the experienced players on...

Spoiler: 297 & 298

Yet you like his reads?
In post 298, Loopdan wrote:What you've left us with is the implication that BlankFace reading you and MissTerry as town is what is important to you.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:28 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

In post 313, Thor665 wrote:Does anyone?
Creature.
In post 313, Thor665 wrote:
In post 271, Harkonnen97 wrote:Also sorry for that long Smurf wall. I should probably start dissecting Thor's walls when I answer then.
Yeah, I don't know about anyone else, but the orange text answers in my quotes when I'm quoting orange text answers takes a little while to sort out.
/modkills Thor
for quote editing ;)

If anyone hammers Loopdan without first saying "I intend to hammer Loopdan" will be considered to be claiming scum and will be lynched Day 2.
Also, even if he does say that he has intent, he should wait for Loopdan to claim his role, in case he claims a PR (PR stands for Power Role, which means a town role that isn't Vanilla Townie; basically all town roles with abilities).
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 316, Loopdan wrote:How about an IC reminder about the importance of intent to hammer? That might be something pro-town that you could do about now.
Which one of the newbies do you think is going to derphammer you?
Everyone not voting you is either a hard lurker (who if they miss the L-1 announce will also miss my commentary)
Or has cited you as some degree of town read.
Where's the fire that I need to put out, exactly?

I will say that if anyone wants to finsih lynchubg Loop that it is proper procedure to announce that (offer hammer intent) and then hear a claim from Loop. After the claim, whether or not you like it or not, again, you don't hammer, till the other people voting him also get a chance to offer their thoughts on the claim and to have a chance to unvote. Once the rest of the voters agree they like their votes where they are, and you still don't like Loop, then is the appropriate time to place the final vote and hammer him.

I'm sure that will remove all fear in you of being lynched ;)
In post 317, Loopdan wrote:So let me see if I have this correct-- Thor likes Shadow's scummy reasonless L-1 voting entrance, but not Blank's detailed reasoned "entrance."

If town can't see this, then we deserve to lose.
Blank's details included a lot of non-alingment indicative stuff - do you agree or disagree?
Shadow's post and vote - yes, I do like it, why should I dislike it exactly?
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:37 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Also, for convenience sake, here are Loopdan's reads:

Town - Harkonnen97
Lean Town - BlankFace, Creature
Null - Penguin, MissTerry
Lean Scum - Lucca, Thor
Scum - Shadow
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Loop - also, you seem to be calling me scum, yet you're voting Shadow for a pretty clear reaction test vote - a method you yourself cited using earlier in the game. WHy does that make him more scummy than me, especially since I have Blank voting me for all those details that you like?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:17 am

lucca261 is being prodded.