curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:31 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

sorry for a 4th post

any reason you jumped on the bandwagon without commenting?
ChronX wrote:
unvote
vote Mr. Pigg
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:19 pm

Post by distad »

Robin wrote:Holy curveball, Batman!
I'm going to sit on this one tonight and get back to it tomorrow morning. 18 hours until deadline.

ugh...
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by Sonicpulsar »

I'm not entirely sure I've ever read or participated in a game where a power role blatantly claimed on Day 1. I'll have to analyze the implications to the game (which is different than what I'm experienced in due to the "speed" factor). Overall, I'm a sad panda. Seems like we (read: CKD) has set up the first couple of NKs for the mafia.

For now, remember LAL.

Unvote
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:14 pm

Post by Raffles »

Well schizer me... I close my eyes for few hours and you kids wreck havok with a huge party. I'm going to re-read last 4 pages and grasp what just happened.
Woof!
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:45 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Goddamn it.

Unvote
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:10 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT.

DEADLINE CHANGE - IT WILL BE IN 24 HOURS TIME. 10.00AM UK. 4.00 AM FORUM TIME.

THIS IS DUE TO MY PROBABLE INABILITY TO BE ONLINE THIS EVENING.

Votecount coming
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:17 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

d3sisted 2 - Hang em High, Mr PIGG
Mr PIGG 1 - ChronX
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:03 am

Sonicpulsar wrote:I'm not entirely sure I've ever read or participated in a game where a power role blatantly claimed on Day 1. I'll have to analyze the implications to the game (which is different than what I'm experienced in due to the "speed" factor). Overall, I'm a sad panda. Seems like we (read: CKD) has set up the first couple of NKs for the mafia.

For now, remember LAL.

Unvote
I had too, you would have lynched him...hell, if I didnt know he was a mason I would have voted for him. we are against a wall and I knew there was no time to either a.) convince this town to vote for someone else or b.) convince you he was town.

I am sure you see my problem...look how fast his wagon grew, I was afraid to go to bed and come back to find he was lynched. how pissed would you have been then if I let him hang?..at least this way you are not doing the mafia's work for them.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:17 am

Post by Atticus »

Vote: d3sisted.

I've got very few reads at this point because of my limited access, but due to the fact that he didn't manage to post here before he left, I think he was trying to avoid being lynched by not being around to defend himself.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:29 am

theopor_COD wrote:
d3sisted 2 - Hang em High, Mr PIGG
Mr PIGG 1 - ChronX
didnt like the fact he jumped on this bandwagon so quick without any comment on why...this close to the deadline (it is almost like he was trying to get this vote in under the radar)

vote chronx
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:44 am

Post by distad »

I have to spend some time on this.

I understand CKD's comment/vote on ChronX. I still think d3 is the play for today (in my best JDodge impression), but I have to sit and think for a bit.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:07 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Holy crap. Things sure got interesting quick. We are having a rough start. We’ve lost the Doc and now two power roles have claimed. This sucks, but we’ve got to try and recover. I’ll address the claim in a second, but first I want to ask a couple other questions.
Atticus wrote:I think we are likely to have a strong night game. Speed robs the town of information. Deadlines are good for scum, not town. However, I do not think no lynching is a good idea.
I'm curious why you think we'll have a strong night game. Could you please elaborate?
Hang 'em High wrote:@Battle Mage: What do you think of d3sisted going silent when he received 3 votes?
I just wanted to repost this so it wouldn't get lost in all the craziness. BM, your analysis of d3sisted did not contain any mention of his purposely going silent right before the deadline when he was a potential lynchee and was going out of town. To me, his blatant avoidance was the single scummiest thing I've seen from anyone in this game so far. BM, since you excluded that from your analysis I'm guessing you disagree with me, so I'd like to hear your take on his actions.

As for the Mason claim, the big question is whether or not we believe it. I'm leaning toward "yes", since I don't see why CKD would make the claim if it wasn't true. The only reason I could see him lying was if he and Mr.PiGG were both scum and he was trying to save Piggy's neck. But if they were scum together I think it would be a bad play for CKD to tie himself to Mr.PiGG -- I think he would be more inclined to bus his buddy. For now I'm going under the assumption that the claim is legit.

Now that brings me back to where to put my vote. At first I was equally torn between d3sisted and Mr.PiGG. But due to CKD's claim I'm passing on Pig for today. And since I find d3sisted's failure to post before leaving to be the most scummy thing I've seen so far, my decision is easy. I'm keeping my vote on d3sisted.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:08 am

distad wrote:I have to spend some time on this.

I understand CKD's comment/vote on ChronX. I still think d3 is the play for today (in my best JDodge impression), but I have to sit and think for a bit.
well you got less than 24 hours to do so
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:12 am

Hang 'em High wrote:
As for the Mason claim, the big question is whether or not we believe it. I'm leaning toward "yes", since I don't see why CKD would make the claim if it wasn't true. The only reason I could see him lying was if he and Mr.PiGG were both scum and he was trying to save Piggy's neck. But if they were scum together I think it would be a bad play for CKD to tie himself to Mr.PiGG -- I think he would be more inclined to bus his buddy. For now I'm going under the assumption that the claim is legit.
hey maybe Pigg and I will be lucky and the mafia will just pass right over us Night 1....remember mafia, there is nothing sketcher than a mason claim not followed up by a night kill...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:19 am

Post by distad »

Hang 'em High wrote:As for the Mason claim, the big question is whether or not we believe it. I'm leaning toward "yes", since I don't see why CKD would make the claim if it wasn't true. The only reason I could see him lying was if he and Mr.PiGG were both scum and he was trying to save Piggy's neck. But if they were scum together I think it would be a bad play for CKD to tie himself to Mr.PiGG -- I think he would be more inclined to bus his buddy. For now I'm going under the assumption that the claim is legit.
I wrestled through this exact thing last night, also. My thought was that CKD would be crazy to totally expose himself. Without a doctor (probably), it would be straightforward to assume that one of them would be NK'd after that, and if they were both scum, neither would be. The focus of tomorrow would return to them and then when one was lynched, the other would be an EASY play for the following day. I can't see it as worth it.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 am

Post by distad »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
distad wrote:I have to spend some time on this.

well you got less than 24 hours to do so
And I'll be posting from work for the next 8. Then I'll check again a few hours later from home. No worries, eh? ;)
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:27 am

Post by distad »

curiouskarmadog wrote: hey maybe Pigg and I will be lucky and the mafia will just pass right over us Night 1....remember mafia, there is nothing sketcher than a mason claim not followed up by a night kill...
Guh!

I have GOT to read all of the new posts before I respond to one!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:33 am

distad wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote: hey maybe Pigg and I will be lucky and the mafia will just pass right over us Night 1....remember mafia, there is nothing sketcher than a mason claim not followed up by a night kill...
Guh!

you have to agree, distad. I feel that if someone claims mason and he or his mason buddy were not NK then much suspicion should be placed on them Day 2.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:34 am

Post by ChronX »

distad wrote:
Guh!

How does everyone feel about CKD's claim after this gem of a post?

I'll leave my vote on Pigg. Did it really need to be explained? We were looking to wagon an absentee and Pigg showed up and, as Atticus said very well immediately before my post, casually voted D3sisted.

Sorry, CKD, that I didn't feel the need to say "parroting what the three posters ahead of me said".
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:38 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

curiouskarmadog wrote:hey maybe Pigg and I will be lucky and the mafia will just pass right over us Night 1....remember mafia, there is nothing sketcher than a mason claim not followed up by a night kill...
I dislike this post. It makes it look like your claim was part of a mafia gambit and you're laying the groundwork for a WIFOM discussion if you aren't NKed tonight. At the very least you're giving ideas to the mafia. Granted this is a pretty obvious tactic but at least make them do their own work. Yucky.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:40 am

ChronX wrote:
distad wrote:
Guh!

How does everyone feel about CKD's claim after this gem of a post?

I'll leave my vote on Pigg. Did it really need to be explained? We were looking to wagon an absentee and Pigg showed up and, as Atticus said very well immediately before my post, casually voted D3sisted.

Sorry, CKD, that I didn't feel the need to say "parroting what the three posters ahead of me said".
so let me get this straight?

you are leaving your vote on a claimed mason Day 1?

you do not feel the need to explain your vote when a bandwagon is flying by...it is ok to parrot a vote, but not parrot the explanation..

I think anyone town would understand what I am doing when I posted that "gem"...interesting your perspective on this game pervents that...

my vote on you is a good one.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:41 am

Hang 'em High wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:hey maybe Pigg and I will be lucky and the mafia will just pass right over us Night 1....remember mafia, there is nothing sketcher than a mason claim not followed up by a night kill...
I dislike this post. It makes it look like your claim was part of a mafia gambit and you're laying the groundwork for a WIFOM discussion if you aren't NKed tonight. At the very least you're giving ideas to the mafia. Granted this is a pretty obvious tactic but at least make them do their own work. Yucky.
(rolling eyes)..jesus, I hoped the town would understand why I posted this...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:43 am

Post by ChronX »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I think anyone town would understand what I am doing when I posted that "gem"...interesting your perspective on this game pervents that...

Anyone town would think that you are setting up a WIFOM argument if neither of you are killed tonight. That's what I think.

In a small game, a false claim (like yours appears to be) is gold if you can sell it to the town.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:50 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

My previous post crossed with 342 and 343.

I have no problems with ChronX's vote of Mr.PiGG without explanation. We were obviously in the business of pressuring lurkers and when PiGG showed up it wasn't a stretch to go after him. I would have put a pressure vote on him as well if I had seen his post before CKD claimed.

CKD's post 338 could be merely stating the obvious, but it could also be laying the groundwork for WIFOM tomorrow. As much as I dislike that post, I wouldn't go as far as ChronX and assert that it appears to be false -- I think it could go either way. I still think we need to pass on CKD or PiGG for tonight because I still believe the claim is more likely to be true than false. If they both survive tonight it will certainly change things and we'll have to have a WIFOM fight tomorrow about why they weren't NKed. But for now there is enough chance that they are masons that we should wait to see how the night goes.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:52 am

ChronX wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:I think anyone town would understand what I am doing when I posted that "gem"...interesting your perspective on this game pervents that...

Anyone town would think that you are setting up a WIFOM argument if neither of you are killed tonight. That's what I think.

In a small game, a false claim (like yours appears to be) is gold if you can sell it to the town.
your lack fo game tactics and/or scumminess is astounding.

false claim?

Interesting...best way to help that theory is let Pigg go into the night without lynching him. If the mafia doesnt kill pigg (or i) then you got some room for your arguement...but instead you want to push for a claimed mason..assuming you have some sort of grasp on the game, you know that if PIGG gets lynched and comes up mason (with out a doc) I will be NKed...and that doesnt bother you at all. No, you would rather try to push a lynch on a claimed mason and eliminate the possibility for the town having 1 confirmed role Day 2..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”