Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:37 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Son of a...I'm making an ass of myself and quickly. I have the FOS on HeH and Gorgon, and then in making my argument against Gorgon....again....I lapsed and used my argument for HeH against Gorgon. My bad, I apologize for my obvious confusion. Perhaps I should learn my lesson and not post while trying to teach a lab. Seriously, I get a question every 2-3 minutes and get no more than one sentence typed at a time.

I'll agree, it's a dead issue now. I'll quit harping on it. Although I must say I don't feel like I've been pursuing it so much as responding to what others have been saying. Either way, I'm done with it.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:52 am

Post by Gorgon »

Fair enough ... it's clear that you're confused and distracted.

I can somewhat see that HeH's accusation that you might have been setting up a possible false claim could be scummy (painting you in a bad light; if he's scum and you're town he benefits from this by spinning the issue towards the idea of you being scum), but to me there's nothing scummy about my take on this issue ... so it's good we got that sorted out.

I very much hope that you'll be able to contribute something more useful later ... the deadline looms, and people not focusing on the game is very harmful and confusing to others.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:56 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

My reason for voting Sonicpulsar was to draw him into the conversation and that's been successful. Time to try again with a new target. Since Mr. Pigg is totally AWOL and isn't likely to respond at all, I'm going to vote for somebody else that seems lurky in an attempt to get them to respond.

Unvote: Sonicpulsar

Vote: d3sisted

We don't have long before deadline and I know d3sisted will be away tomorrow, so I'd like to hear from him today.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:10 am

Post by ChronX »

unvote
vote d3sisted

In addition to agreeing with the need for pressure, there is still a weak case that I made (post 152)...mainly, some early game eagerness to try to press attacks on anyone he could for however flimsy a reason.
Effectively done with MS
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:07 am

Post by Atticus »

I'm sorry for not having posted yet, but that will have to wait until this evening. There's alot for me to read, and a lot for me to post. There's also a lot of homework to do.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:14 am

Post by distad »

Homework's for saps.

Only online forum mafia will ever get you anywhere.

TRAITOR!!!

:)
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:24 pm

Post by Raffles »

Unvote

Where the heck is BM?
Woof!
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by Atticus »

Unfortunately, my schoolwork has caused massive amounts of stress and has eaten up 80% of my free time every day. I may or may not need to be replaced, but I will definitely make it through this day.

I'd like to stick with HeH for scum at this point. I would have to go back through the couple of posts again to get some pinpoints, which right now I am too tired to do. But his comments and defense for his bandwagon seem rather weak. I'll keep my vote where it is.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:20 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Raffles wrote:
Unvote

Where the heck is BM?
Good effing question. BM got himself replaced in another game that I'm in with him, so I don't know what's up with him these days.

@Atticus - Do you mean to say that you'll stick with voting HeH? Because, you know, it doesn't seem you're actually voting for anyone ...
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:21 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Or maybe Atticus just means that he'll keep his vote in his pocket for now ... oh well ...
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:20 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorgon wrote:
Raffles wrote:
Unvote

Where the heck is BM?
Good effing question. BM got himself replaced in another game that I'm in with him, so I don't know what's up with him these days.

@Atticus - Do you mean to say that you'll stick with voting HeH? Because, you know, it doesn't seem you're actually voting for anyone ...
a few things to say:

1. I didnt 'get myself replaced' in Jordan's game. I quit because i wanted to dedicate more time to the games i can keep up with.

2. It cant have been more than a few days since i last posted. This game is active, and i am following, but sometimes i dont get the chance to reply to everything.

3. The only thing that has been directed at me in particular recently from what i can see, is the accusation from Gorgon that i am 'following Chronx blindly', by voting for the same person. I need to reread, but Chronx gives me protown vibes, and his vote made sense to me. We need a lynch soon, and BWing seemed like a good idea at the time.
However i need to read the last few pages, as there has been some heavy posting lately. lol

A vote Count would be loverly.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:27 am

Post by Gorgon »

Battle Mage wrote:1. I didnt 'get myself replaced' in Jordan's game. I quit because i wanted to dedicate more time to the games i can keep up with.
Fair enough. Seeing you're in an awful lot of games, I don't blame you ...
Battle Mage wrote: 2. It cant have been more than a few days since i last posted. This game is active, and i am following, but sometimes i dont get the chance to reply to everything.
Also fair enough, as per the point above. I'm amazed at the number of games you manage to be active in.
Battle Mage wrote: 3. The only thing that has been directed at me in particular recently from what i can see, is the accusation from Gorgon that i am 'following Chronx blindly', by voting for the same person. I need to reread, but Chronx gives me protown vibes, and his vote made sense to me. We need a lynch soon, and BWing seemed like a good idea at the time.
Well, it was just that you didn't say anything about your own feelings towards ckd, just basically that you agreed with ChronX, so I found it a little odd that you would bandwagon with no explanation beyond that. I do agree that bandwagons are a must, though.

You also haven't explained why you wanted to pounce on me for the SP vote.
Battle Mage wrote:A vote Count would be loverly.
I concur.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

If i recall, i noticed something earlier that struck me as very odd, about CKD's play. It might not even be this game, but i need to go back and check. I'll also go and find out what was wrong with your SP vote.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorgon wrote:Okay, I'm ready to vote again. If the next bandwagon is going to be an anti-lurker wagon, it makes sense to add to the vote that's already out there.

Vote: Sonicpulsar
ah yes. I remember now. This post just sounds like you are giving a fairly meaningless excuse for a BW vote, in order to avoid suspicion. Its a little scummy, but not really enough to go with at this stage of the day.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:01 am

Post by Raffles »

Battle Mage wrote:2. It cant have been more than a few days since i last posted. This game is active, and i am following, but sometimes i dont get the chance to reply to everything.

3. The only thing that has been directed at me in particular recently from what i can see, is the accusation from Gorgon that i am 'following Chronx blindly', by voting for the same person. I need to reread, but Chronx gives me protown vibes, and his vote made sense to me. We need a lynch soon, and BWing seemed like a good idea at the time.
However i need to read the last few pages, as there has been some heavy posting lately. lol
Wouldn't these two contradict each other? If you have been following, why do you need to go back and read? Only possible explanation is you are lying about the first, and I'm not talking about "I am following" part.
Woof!
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:35 am

Post by Gorgon »

Battle Mage wrote:
Gorgon wrote:Okay, I'm ready to vote again. If the next bandwagon is going to be an anti-lurker wagon, it makes sense to add to the vote that's already out there.

Vote: Sonicpulsar
ah yes. I remember now. This post just sounds like you are giving a fairly meaningless excuse for a BW vote, in order to avoid suspicion. Its a little scummy, but not really enough to go with at this stage of the day.

BM
I'm almost tempted to shout "NO U!" :roll:

... except I note now that you didn't actually vote at all, despite your declared interest in bandwagons.

Raffles has an interesting point as well, btw.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:10 am

Post by distad »

First,
Unvote, Vote: d3sisted

I'll explain that in a second...

Now, from what I can tell...
d3 (4): Gorgon, HEH, ChronX, distad

I don't think that anyone else has a vote on... CKD and Raff unvoted.
mod
Please confirm.

The reason for my unvote/vote: It's obvious now that a pressure vote on Pigg is *useless*. He's gone and will be replaced. I had been suspicious of d3 earlier and despite asking for a votecount a day and a half ago, he has yet to post since. This is roughly 50% pressure. I'm putting him at deadline-lynchable (~28 hours away?) to force his hand.

And Raffles/Gorgon, I disagree. I'm in about 6-7 games myself, and despite following along with all of them, sometimes I don't have anything to say about a point. Then, after 20+ posts go by rapidly, despite having read them, I need to go back and reread also. It's not uncommon and certainly not contradictory. I don't like the "declared interest in bandwagons" either, but since I just joined one, I guess I can't complain too loudly.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:36 am

Post by Gorgon »

distad wrote: I don't like the "declared interest in bandwagons" either, but since I just joined one, I guess I can't complain too loudly.
I have no problem with BM's declared interest in bandwagons. What I was getting at is that BM says that bandwagons are good, was interested in following ChronX and voting for ckd, but didn't actually do it ... and still hasn't voted for anyone in a while now. I'm not sure either way to make of it, but I did think it was interesting. It's just something to note.

Let's hope d3sisted shows up now ... if he's gone away already I'm very much afraid we might be in a deadlock situation.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:41 am

Post by distad »

Bandwagons, in general, are necessary. They are. It's just part of the game. But being specifically interested in following bandwagons can be a dangerous sign.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:07 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

d3sisted's signature says he'll be away from the 19th through the 21st -- which means he's already gone and won't be back until after the deadline. This means if we're going to lynch him we'll have to do so without his input. Normally I wouldn't want to do this, but in this case I think it may be warranted.

He was up to three votes yesterday afternoon (when he was still around) and didn't make any posts defending himself, despite requests to do so. I generally wouldn't read too much into this since he could have been getting ready to leave and didn't have a chance to check in. However, I checked his other games and since he received the third vote here he has made a total of 15 posts in 6 different games -- including commenting on an already completed game.

So unless he didn't read this game at all (which is inexcusable knowing we were under a deadline), he knew he was a lynch candidate and decided to go silent. He made ample posts elsewhere, so he obviously had time to post here if he so desired. I find it very scummy that he chose to go silent when he knew that he was: 1) going out of town, 2) a lynch candidate, and 3) we were under deadline. My vote stays.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:58 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Hang 'em High wrote:d3sisted's signature says he'll be away from the 19th through the 21st -- which means he's already gone and won't be back until after the deadline. This means if we're going to lynch him we'll have to do so without his input. Normally I wouldn't want to do this, but in this case I think it may be warranted.

He was up to three votes yesterday afternoon (when he was still around) and didn't make any posts defending himself, despite requests to do so. I generally wouldn't read too much into this since he could have been getting ready to leave and didn't have a chance to check in. However, I checked his other games and since he received the third vote here he has made a total of 15 posts in 6 different games -- including commenting on an already completed game.

So unless he didn't read this game at all (which is inexcusable knowing we were under a deadline), he knew he was a lynch candidate and decided to go silent. He made ample posts elsewhere, so he obviously had time to post here if he so desired. I find it very scummy that he chose to go silent when he knew that he was: 1) going out of town, 2) a lynch candidate, and 3) we were under deadline. My vote stays.
this is a good point, let me double check the facts to see if this is indeed correct.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:15 am

Post by distad »

The tough part is that during those 24 hours after he requested the votecount (which was promptly provided), he was posting elsewhere! He just didn't come back to comment on what he requested.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:16 am

Post by distad »

EBWOP: I guess you mentioned that. :) I only read the 1st paragraph of your post, HEH, before responding.

Note to self: Read entirely before responding!
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:24 am

Post by Gorgon »

I checked, and I can confirm that HeH is indeed right ... d3sisted has posted in various games since he made his last post here; in fact, his last post here almost doesn't make it to the first page of his list of posts. HeH's theory that d3sisted left this game on purpose in order to put us into a position where we'd have to refrain from lynching him is therefore credible. It also does not look good that d3sisted has been very terse of late in this game, and he wasn't all that vocal to begin with.

Looking at it through cold, hard logic, even if we lynch completely randomly, we have a little over 1/4 chance of getting scum. Seeing that a not unreasonable number of people have voiced suspicions against d3sisted, and his absence is indeed suspicious, I think the chance is somewhat higher than this in his case.

To me, this says that d3sisted is our deadline lynch, unless someone comes up with a
very credible
alternative, or there is reason to assume that a no lynch would be a better option.

I have some reservations over the fact that d3sisted will probably not have a chance to claim, though, so I want to hear from as many of you as are able to post before the deadline about your take on this.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:27 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

what is he at right now? Skimming, I count 4 votes and it is 5 to lynch right? so is he at -1?

dont have time to check at the moment...but will before any action.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”