mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:29 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 547, Dierfire wrote:
@Mykonian

In post 538, mykonian wrote:
In post 536, herrcombs wrote:And I'm not even voting for you.

you could change that! :D

You don't appear to be voting for Garmr, either (if was supposed to be a vote, it didn't get counted).

ah.

MOD. By chance, are you using an automated votecounter?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:13 am

Post by herrcombs »

In post 549, Hieirama wrote:Unable to answer? Did you read what I've said?
You should be able to put it together that I have a Town-Lean on Garmr. It's kind of obvious. But if you really need it spelled out for you in a post, there you go.

I have read everything you've said.
The responsibility is on you to substantiate your reads and update them as new information is obtained in the game. This actually reminds me of something you said earlier:

In post 371, Hieirama wrote:I read the game and everything, but usually I have no strong opinions or suspicions on anything. ((Maybe I'll share some opinions later anyway? Just for the record.)) It's much easier to reply if addressed.

This is exactly where scum want to reside. Scum want to sit on the fence, not giving any strong opinions, so when the wind blows just right, they can opportunistically jump on the town-consensus and not look suspicious. By giving actual opinions and suspicions, you put your own thoughts at risk and scrutiny. Scum don't like to be scrutinized. Town don't give a shit because they have nothing to hide.

Read, assumption, what's the difference again?

Assumptions are, by definition, something you take for granted without backing proof or evidence. Reads (I think of them synonymous with arguments) require evidence to build and sustain. Throughout the game, reads develop based on new evidence that is presented. By demonstrating your reads are updating to events of the game, you show that you are thinking about the game and trying to solve who is scum. Scum will try to spin narratives and try to make the evidence fit their reads, rather than the other way around. After all, they're trying to mislynch the town, so they are required to lie to achieve their wincon.

So this is why I keep asking you for specific information. I want to see if your thought process is consistent with your play, and whether you're just trying to look townie or actually trying to figure out the game. I have not been satisfied with your responses to my queries. I asked you earlier () for your thoughts including your top scum read.
Your answer?
In you referred me to your super-early readlist which came like 100 posts earlier. This told me that you were not updating your reads (I asked for a top scumread) based on the events of the game.

Similarly, I asked you in to specifically provide a
current
read on Garmr. I was like you D1, where I wanted to believe his BP claim at its face, and I didn't want the wagon to go through in case we lynched a PR D1. However, over time I noticed things from him that began to look scummy, including his change-of-mind at the end of D1 up to and including his hammer, that were making me reconsider my read. I wanted to know if you were taking those actions into consideration.
Your answer?
In you referred me to a set of posts you made 300 posts earlier and then implied that you hadn't really considered anything since then.

It was a way for me to explain why his quickhammer wasn't scummy to me (because it apparently was to others) since you did ask about his last few actions.

But you didn't explain why his quickhammer wasn't scummy. You responded "That quickhammer though" immediately after it happened, which indicated you thought it was strange. And you later told me "the message that went along with it made sense." Which message? Was the message alignment-indicative (anyone in this game, scum or town, can produce posts that "make sense")? Does it excuse Garmr, who had stated "I am in [no] rush to end the day" (), and then quickhammered without warning 16 hours later?

You asked me my opinions on Garmr and I said I assumed he was Town. That's not question dodging.

You didn't say "I assume he is Town." You linked me a set of old posts and then said "my main opinion there still stands." You never substantiated your opinion in the first place (aside from your "I can't find any other post I don't like other than #" -- which isn't even one of Garmr's posts!). You have not indicated your opinion is developing. To me, this is absolutely question dodging.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:15 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 545, herrcombs wrote:Hmm. I don't know what to think of your "offer." For one, I don't like bargaining with people who call me a "mentally handicapped retard." I also think we're playing this game for entirely different reasons. Yours is a very self-centered approach, and everyone else be damned if we win or lose, at least you can claim you had 2/4 of your scumreads correct at some point in the game, right??

I obviously don't understand your methods of PoE, if that's indeed how you're scumreading me (it seems a lot more like OMGUS to me). But a serious question for you -- Do you think all of the scum are stacking on you, trying their damndest to get you lynched? There's not a single person you're scumreading who isn't either on your wagon or entertaining the thought.

Well let me put it this way bud
Yesterday lala was town reading me and I had her as scum. Also ask yourself this question does it matter that they are scum reading me? I have given good points on each of my main 3 scum reads in fact more than most players here. I also have people that are my scum reading me on my town list. So this thing about the people that scum reading me are all on my scum list seems like a scum tactic to devalue my reads.
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:41 am

Post by herrcombs »

I asked you the question, bud, because I'd imagine it's quite rare for all of the scum to try to coordinate their efforts and pile on the same wagon. Am I wrong? Does it happen more often than I think? Can anyone else answer this question for me?

It really caught my attention when you scumread me out of the blue, and it feels defensive and convenient to me that all of your scumreads are either voting you or scumreading you. Like I said, I need to take time to review the Lalendra thing, because I think there could be something there (and I've already mentioned as such). Most of my attention has been focused on Hieirama, but once I get more time, I'll go back and try to get a better grip on Lalendra.
Meanmelter
Meanmelter
Goon
Meanmelter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:55 am

Post by Meanmelter »

I have some exams i need to do by the end of this week. Hopefully after one I can catch up and post some content tomorrow . My apologies for the delay.
"Leon. Because almost every time I play conventional, I lose. So I'm sticking to my Jason vote" - happyd
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:28 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 547, Dierfire wrote:
@Mykonian

In post 538, mykonian wrote:
In post 536, herrcombs wrote:And I'm not even voting for you.

you could change that! :D

You don't appear to be voting for Garmr, either (if was supposed to be a vote, it didn't get counted).

Thanks for pointing that out, my bad! I'd been mostly reading the left column to streamline the process and that was so far over on my screen that I just missed it.

In post 550, mykonian wrote:

ah.

MOD. By chance, are you using an automated votecounter?

No, I am not. That was a user error.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:32 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

Vote Count 2.2

[4]
Garmr - Meanmelter, Dwlee99, mykonian, Lalendra [L-2]
[2]
Hieirama - Dierfire, herrcombs [L-4]
[1]
Dierfire - BlueBloodedToffee [L-5]
[1]
Meanmelter - Garmr [L-5]

Not Voting -
Haschel Cedricson, Hieirama, Keyser Söze

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline - (expired on 2015-10-17 12:30:00)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:44 am

Post by mykonian »

I once spend a whole game annoying a mod because I kept forgetting to put semicolon's after my votes (which apparently that counter uses to find the actual votes?).

Sorry guys, no haschel case yet. Wasn't really in the mood to sit down and get something done this evening.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:56 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Garmr, I don't understand how you can think everyone on your wagon is scum.
Not only would it be terrible scum play it is unreasonable and just OMGUS'y.

Herrcombs has moved really high onto my towndar (I like. Very sound logic and reasoning although I disagree on hieir being the person we should lynch today.),
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 558, Dwlee99 wrote:Garmr, I don't understand how you can think everyone on your wagon is scum.
Not only would it be terrible scum play it is unreasonable and just OMGUS'y.

Herrcombs has moved really high onto my towndar (I like. Very sound logic and reasoning although I disagree on hieir being the person we should lynch today.),

Dude when I'm right you will eat those words
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 466, Meanmelter wrote:# I dont think his post is very town. It just draws off attention for the mafia to find someone else to nightkill. Unless he really is a different power role.

Good point - it is anti-town to draw attention off himself at night if Gamr
is
bulletproof. I don't think Gamr would false-claim if town (because he could risk a counter-claim). Mafia (hiding role) or Bulletproof Townie for me (his play invites attention/investigations).

In post 466, Meanmelter wrote:You've done nothing at all productive for the town the entire game. You went from AFK one line posts to softclaiming out of no where and then hardclaiming thinking it was gonna somehow be useful for the town.
Agreed - the soft-to-hard bulletproof roleclaim followed by the hammer without the scum-read explanation is a nightmare D1. But would scum-Gamr self-destruct like this? :? I will need to re-look at my D1 town-lean read of Gamr.

In post 470, Garmr wrote:the person who was town reading me the most dies.

:mrgreen:
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Garmr »

Does it matter if my scum reads are on the same wagon if I have good reasons to scum read them?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by Garmr »

If people look at my scum meta I should be like confirmed town at this point
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by herrcombs »

In post 561, Garmr wrote:Does it matter if my scum reads are on the same wagon if I have good reasons to scum read them?

You have not substantiated your scumread of me in the slightest, so I will continue to dispute this.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 563, herrcombs wrote:
In post 561, Garmr wrote:Does it matter if my scum reads are on the same wagon if I have good reasons to scum read them?

You have not substantiated your scumread of me in the slightest, so I will continue to dispute this.

What about my other reads then?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 478, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 477, Hieirama wrote:
I agree, that went by way too fast. It could mainly be because our time was running out.

That's some hard-hitting analysis there. Which votes on the wagon do you not like and why?

Also, if you think it went by too fast, why didn't you say anything when it was actually happening? Why resign yourself to "Well, the day will probably end soon?"

Not a fan of Haschel Cedricson aggression here but he asks some good questions: yes, it's easy to give retrospective views/opposition to past wagons/miss-lynches. Your opinions should be posted and your questions should be asked at the right time (and not a day late). We need to see/hear about the votes Hieirama does not like.

In post 485, Hieirama wrote:
In post 406, Dierfire wrote:Keyser's review also narrowed in on Pistachion quickly. I'd like to see a more complete review from him.

And then he questions Keyser's reasons for his vote? Keyser's reasons were better than his imo.
Hmm... I'm starting to get why people aren't liking Dier...

I did flag Dierfire's post in my head at the time (did my 'narrow down' effect his read on Pistachion? It was a strange comment to add when joining a wagon), but his
'I'd like to see a more complete review from him'
comment about me was fair.

A good summary post from herrcombs RE: Gamr. (post 505) I share his feelings regarding Gamr. (Need to see Gamr to start finding scum and not defending his D1 play-style choices: the best way to defend yourself is through scum-hunting. Most of his D2 posts have been about other people's scum-read of him, or posts about his own wagon.)

In post 509, Meanmelter wrote:I'm not trying to shove that under a rug at all. I thought you and Myko could be the scum team. And to me, it looks like you guys still can be.

Struggling to see a Mykonian-Gamr scum-team. They are either town-town or one scum-one town. A hard-tunnel on eachother would be too much of a risky play for D1. The two players whose play has attracted the most attention:

- Mykonian's running/non-stop commentary with many prodding/pushing posts for wagons
he
wants: I will town-lean read his openness/honesty.
- Gamr's bulletproof-roleclaim gameplan gone wrong: I am struggling to see his scum-motivation in being so openly ok with the choices he has made. I don't feel like he has held his hand up and admitted his D1 play was anti-town - which I feel like is possibly going against him (influencing other people's reads on him).

Going to look at Lalendra and Haschel Cedricson ISO's next - two players I neither have a town or scum read of. I have played with Haschel Cedricson before (in that mini-normal he grabbed the game by the balls and scum-hunted
hard
, but he has been notably quiet this game (17 posts).
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by Lalendra »

In post 524, Garmr wrote:
But if you meta every single one of my scum I have never ever fake claimed anything other than vanilla town and I don't plan to often.

Often
OFTEN
GOOD GOD PEOPLE HOW IS HE NOT SCUM
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by Lalendra »

In post 528, mykonian wrote:about your hier read lalendra, I think it's worth it to do some additional research. You could be right and she's newb scum, but it could also be a personality thing of someone who thinks the water in the pool is cold and keeps standing by the side. It's just a bit too blatant for it to be really scummy, I think scum has more incentive to avoid it. But then, I didn't put in that extra time to read some of hier's games yet :)

Yeah, I haven't either, it is very blatant but I also remember flailing hard in my first scum game sooo
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Lalendra »

In post 562, Garmr wrote:If people look at my scum meta I should be like confirmed town at this point

The fact that you keep pointing out how town your meta is makes me think that you are analyzing the crap out of it and only scum would need to do that.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:05 pm

Post by Lalendra »

In post 564, Garmr wrote:
In post 563, herrcombs wrote:

What about my other reads then?

Just not even going to dispute that, eh?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:16 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Keyser wrote:Going to look at Lalendra and Haschel Cedricson ISO's next - two players I neither have a town or scum read of. I have played with Haschel Cedricson before (in that mini-normal he grabbed the game by the balls and scum-hunted hard, but he has been notably quiet this game (17 posts).

I fell behind early and have had a hard time finding my feet; I play much better when I find something that I can lead the charge on. So far I'm not finding a ton to work with.

Keyser wrote:Why did you not call it a "stretch" on D1? :shifty:

Because I wanted to interrogate pistachio a little bit and then the day ended.

Hieirama wrote:I don't get why people don't like how selective pistachi0n's reads were. Simply, he didn't have a read on them, and it can be better to leave them out then to post null fluff. ((I actually made the mistake of posting that kind of fluff earlier, I realize this and I apologize.))
And the lack of content this is a borderline lurking vote...

The problem with that is that of the five reads he gave, two of them WERE null reads.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:26 pm

Post by Garmr »

I like how lala doesn't even dispute my points against her and instead try to discredit me by using other things not related. She doesn't even bother.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:02 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Haschel Cedricson ISO:

In post 9, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Vote: herrcombs
. He knows why.

I still don't fully understand this RVS vote (reaction test?). Please explain.

Lot's of early scum-reading in post 246, but no votes (
will Haschel Cedricson follow up with any of these suspicions?
):
(On Dwlee99)
In post 246, Haschel Cedricson wrote:This is a horrible misrepresentation.

(On herrcombs)
In post 246, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Don't like this one bit.

(On Hieirama)
In post 246, Haschel Cedricson wrote:This is scummy.

(On me and Gamr)
In post 246, Haschel Cedricson wrote:I don't like Keyser's rolefishing or the fact that Garmr bites on it.

In post 261, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Second, doesn't lynching anti-town instead of scum screw over the town by compunding things even more?

I agree with this point - never lynch someone you think is an 'anti-town' townie. Only lynch who you think is scum.

Town-reads Dierfire's post (post 334).
Votes Lalendra.

States his town-reads on Dierfire and Mykonian: post 462.
Scum-reading Hieirama and Lalendra.

In post 462, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Keyser's ISO analysis feels like a stretch and I don't care for BBT's 399 at all.

Will Haschel Cedricson press me?

Focus still on Hieirama and Lalendra: post 478, post 483, post 518.

Haschel Cedricson (18 posts) Null scum-lean

Uncomfortable with Haschel Cedricson's scum-hunting style this game. Points out scummy behaviour, but not putting equal pressure on ALL his scum-reads/suspicions (I feel like he should have grilled everyone who he found suspicious in post 246).

VOTE: Haschel Cedricson
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:18 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 571, Garmr wrote:I like how lala doesn't even dispute my points against her and instead try to discredit me by using other things not related. She doesn't even bother.

Pretty sure I've already responded to your points, if you go back a bit, but if there's anything I didn't respond to, throw it out there.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:00 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Continuing my re-read/catch up.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”