Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by Hieirama »

In post 268, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 267, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 266, Hieirama wrote:
In post 260, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 227, Hieirama wrote:It takes guts to stand up for players being wagoned.

No...it really doesn't.

I doubt a coward would do it.

Okay, fine, it either takes guts or it's scum who wants to gain town points.

But why would town care what other people think? Why not just defend the person you think is town?

Worst case scenario people will end up pointing their lynch at you.

Where the heck is this conversation going?
"Logic is panic's prey."
-Kurama
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by Lalendra »

In post 261, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
First off, assuming he's telling the truth it makes perfect sense to not specify a power role. Second, doesn't lynching anti-town instead of scum screw over the town by compunding things even more?

At the time I was feeling that we might have to choose the lesser of two evils, because he was going to actually harm us with anti-town play, which is worse than contributing nothing. After his last few posts I feel a good deal better, as it seems he is now engaged and out of whatever funk that was.

In post 261, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Also, I asked you which mykonian posts were full of crap and all of the posts you talked about were post 51 and earlier. Is there a reason for this?

You're right, I didn't specifically answer that question. I'll answer it in the next post.

In post 262, implosion wrote:
In post 259, Lalendra wrote:as Hieirama pointed out, being blatantly anti-town is almost as bad as being scum.

Being anti-town may be "as bad as being scum" (although I'm not quite sure what that means) but that doesn't mean wasting a mislynch on someone you think is town (especially a power role) is going to further the town win condition.

It does if he actively sabotages town with bad/apathetic play. But like I said, I don't really think that's the case anymore.

In post 269, Garmr wrote:
This here is a extremely poor reason to vote me and a total misrep. It's pretty obvious I was going for a gambit with out saying my power role to get scum to shoot me also I never gave up on the game I just needed a little break to clear my head about things and read other peoples reactions. The way your potraying me here seems like a scummy excuse to vote someone and say they are town at the same time. Then you try and play it off as a policy lynch which you even said yourself you don't like doing.

Sorry for misunderstanding, not sure why I thought you gave up, OH RIGHT BECAUSE YOU LITERALLY SAID YOU WERE GIVING UP THAT'S WHY.

Anyway, since Garmr no longer seems like he's just going to mail it in the rest of the game, UNVOTE: Garmr I guess.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Their main scum read seems to be you. I think that they have a scum lean on Haschel as well (confirm, lalendra?) or null I think? They mentioned them couldn't tell if it was a scum or null read.
Your second scum read is better. Fellisan's post is odd, at least the first part. It makes sense to be worried that you might actually be a power role. And I disagree about you claiming early being less likely as scum. The fact that you thought of that two-shot hider claim shows the mindset you're in. This is sort of reaching but as town why would you even think of a fake claim like that.

FoS Lalendra for suddenly giving up reads on pressure regarding them. Based on your post it wasn't a PL.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 276, Lalendra wrote:
In post 261, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
First off, assuming he's telling the truth it makes perfect sense to not specify a power role. Second, doesn't lynching anti-town instead of scum screw over the town by compunding things even more?

At the time I was feeling that we might have to choose the lesser of two evils, because he was going to actually harm us with anti-town play, which is worse than contributing nothing. After his last few posts I feel a good deal better, as it seems he is now engaged and out of whatever funk that was.

In post 261, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Also, I asked you which mykonian posts were full of crap and all of the posts you talked about were post 51 and earlier. Is there a reason for this?

You're right, I didn't specifically answer that question. I'll answer it in the next post.

In post 262, implosion wrote:
In post 259, Lalendra wrote:as Hieirama pointed out, being blatantly anti-town is almost as bad as being scum.

Being anti-town may be "as bad as being scum" (although I'm not quite sure what that means) but that doesn't mean wasting a mislynch on someone you think is town (especially a power role) is going to further the town win condition.

It does if he actively sabotages town with bad/apathetic play. But like I said, I don't really think that's the case anymore.

In post 269, Garmr wrote:
This here is a extremely poor reason to vote me and a total misrep. It's pretty obvious I was going for a gambit with out saying my power role to get scum to shoot me also I never gave up on the game I just needed a little break to clear my head about things and read other peoples reactions. The way your potraying me here seems like a scummy excuse to vote someone and say they are town at the same time. Then you try and play it off as a policy lynch which you even said yourself you don't like doing.

Sorry for misunderstanding, not sure why I thought you gave up, OH RIGHT BECAUSE YOU LITERALLY SAID YOU WERE GIVING UP THAT'S WHY.

Anyway, since Garmr no longer seems like he's just going to mail it in the rest of the game, UNVOTE: Garmr I guess.

In post 178, Garmr wrote:I'm having a two day break from this game then maybe i will a bit more motivated.

In post 242, Garmr wrote:Ok back early and feeling better. Anyway i am not going to replace out as really what would that do I pretty much already claimed and you assume I'm going to do nothing all game except defend myself and what more can I actually do to hurt the game state other than claim this useless role... Another reason I took the break was when I came back I could see to how people would react with out my presence because I didn't want to fill 70 the chat with Me vs myko

Anyway what I got about three town reads out of it i'll do the scum reads after because tbh I'm lazy and it be interesting to see how people react.

Dwlee- He has been fighting hard for it and has a much better case than myko ever did even through it's still wrong and flawed in places. What I don't like is how he was pretty defensive of myko yet at the time myko had the best on him this worries me a lot. Also I feel like Dwelee is pushing for the fact That I am scum yet he refuses to listen to what others have to say when is criticed In a way that makes him come across as a stubborn townie rather than stubborn scum.

Heirama-I find this slot to be town. Because I don't really see a scum slot trying to push me to replace out and waste a potential mislynch that is the first big sign. Other than that heirs play has been consistent and I can see logic in pretty much all heirs posts.

Implosion-His debate with myko makes me lean more toward the town side. It looks like he his trying to convince myko of his point of view. As he thinks we are both town I think this falls in line with someone with a town mindset. He also shows more town hunting than scum hunting through scum hunting is there process of elimination is also a thing.

This shows my intent to get back into the game. I find it hard to believe you would miss reading this as you said you would wait to see how I would react when I got back. It's a conflict of what you said earlier. About waiting to see how I would respond. A lot of what you say and what you do is conflicting.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:18 pm

Post by Lalendra »

First post that wasn’t crap was 37. After that, there was nothing at all until 51. So that’s why most of the stuff I quoted was before 51. TBH when I posted that I hadn’t yet caught up all the way, and after about post #100 he was posting far more relevant stuff, which informed my (grudging) town-read on him and subsequent unvote.

p-edit: @Dwlee it wasn't because of pressure, it was literally what I said, I was policy voting him because I didn't want him to actively fuck us over, and when he started contributing I no longer had reason to vote him.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by Lalendra »

In post 177, Garmr wrote:...I don't really care. My care factor for this game is zero.

This. This right here. Yes you also said "maybe after a two-day break I'll feel better" but that's far from "I promise that after my two-day break I will return with decidedly pro-town activity and not continue to pork town in the rear end."
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 277, Dwlee99 wrote:Their main scum read seems to be you. I think that they have a scum lean on Haschel as well (confirm, lalendra?) or null I think? They mentioned them couldn't tell if it was a scum or null read.
Your second scum read is better. Fellisan's post is odd, at least the first part. It makes sense to be worried that you might actually be a power role. And I disagree about you claiming early being less likely as scum. The fact that you thought of that two-shot hider claim shows the mindset you're in. This is sort of reaching but as town why would you even think of a fake claim like that.

FoS Lalendra for suddenly giving up reads on pressure regarding them. Based on your post it wasn't a PL.

It was obvious you didn't read that correctly. They made it clear I was a policy and the fact you have to ask the person If the actually have a scum read on a person is pretty bad as they can actually deny it latter on. Also I am scum minded I put my self in scum shoes when I scum hunt.

There are three diffrent type of minded people town-fferylt/thor neutral-pirate mollie/not science and scum me and ferrylt/pirate mollies mentor (this theroy comes from there mentor who name I forgot) I have mentioned this theroy of mindsets in past games as well.

That's how I came up with my lala scum read I put myself in their shoes. I'm always thinking of how to play as scum as I enjoy scum more than town because it's easier for me. I can create scenarios in my head in a instant. It ends up catching scum people wouldn't normally catch but on the flip side I tend to miss some things other people see.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Hmm, I didn't read it as a policy lynch.
UNVOTE:
There would be no reason for a policy lynch on Garmr with how they've been playing. I don't even know right now. I liked her list but apparently I misread it. And now I don't know. I feel that Lalendra and Gamyr are an unaligned pair.. I think? But we know what the last "unaligned" pair ended up being.(@BBT & @Dierfire)
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by Lalendra »

In post 265, Dwlee99 wrote:UNVOTE: Lalendra
The list has arrived~

Back to Garmr for the reasons I was already on the wagon before I switched to Lalendra.
VOTE: Garmr

In post 282, Dwlee99 wrote:Hmm, I didn't read it as a policy lynch.
UNVOTE:

I am so confused right now. Did you literally just vote Garmr, then unvote him once you understood that I was just PLing him? Why does my vote inform yours in any way, since you were "already on the wagon"? Did I miss something or is this just incredibly weird?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Cause now I feel like Garmr's posts are townie and so I'm less sure of Garmr being scum. Gotta think.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:28 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 124, Keyser Söze wrote:
snip

VOTE: Hieirama

Umm, I don't know how you're getting a scum read from anything in this post? Why is positive/negative vibes scummy? Why is having only one lean-town read on page 4 scummy?

Why does his reads-list being 'tough' make him scum? Why isn't it newb-town who is struggling to get into the game?

In post 158, implosion wrote:
Said the person who posted a carbon copy of ~

Yeah, I was catching up page-by-page and was pleasantly surprised to see your post the page after.

In post 158, implosion wrote:But I have trouble seeing scum motivation behind that quote I gave earlier:
Also you should quit before you burn youself if there's a wagon between you and me your the one getting lynched.

What is the scum motivation for this? It pretty much just invites/instigates myko to tunnel him forever. It seems way too cocky to reasonably post as scum when myko is the most active poster in the game. I can't imagine him posting this as scum who thinks that it'll get myko off his back. I can't imagine him posting it as scum who is so overconfident that they want to boast. If I see a good justification for scum posting this then I might join the Garmr wagon.

I read it as a soft-claim - both town and scum can do this. I feel like scum are much more likely to say this early doors though as they know people with a few games under their belt may see that as a soft-claim and back off.

In post 170, Dwlee99 wrote:UNVOTE: Keyser
Not sure where to put my vote on atm. I think Hiei's posts aren't the best but I'm not getting scum vibes from it. They seem like they're trying to fgure out the game.

Why have you unvoted Keyser? I quite liked your questioning and I agreed that his manipulation of your post was scummy.

In post 171, Garmr wrote:@keysor yes I will confirm I am a power role I don't want to say what through.

Yeah, I mean, I saw this coming from a mile away. I think I'm still happy with my vote on Garmr.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:47 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I removed my vote on Keyser cause there was no way to get a wagon on it. He's still my major scum read but if no one agrees there's no point in me being super stubborn over it and insisting to vote keyser which would just piss everyone off.
I don't know about the garmr lynch. I am doubting that read because I liked their read on lalendra (after I found out I totally misread lalendra's post)
I don't see why Lalendra would try to put a vote out and then just be like 'Oh, well, don't think I'm suspicious when he flips cause policy lynch.' This also made me doubt my read on Garmr because why would scum!lalendra make a policy lynch vote on scum!garmr?
I feel confident in this vote.
VOTE: Lalendra
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:49 am

In post 177, Garmr wrote:Tbh you can lynch me I'm not really an important power role just a bullet proof townie I was trying to draw attention to get someone to night kill me with a soft power role claim before but now I don't really care. My care factor for this game is zero. Because I didn't think anyone would be that retarded and mentally handicapped to follow with myko because of the word honestly.

Yeah, I don't like this. At the very, very best it's anti-town play but it's most likely coming from scum. There is no town motivation to claiming BP like that - none at all.

In post 184, implosion wrote:Garmr is like 99% town. There's nearly zero reason for him to claim bulletproof townie here as scum. 177-178 is a genuine emotional outburst.

Except for there is? Dwlee gave reasons - I agree somewhat that BP isn't a great claim for scum to make. It's a safe one though - doesn't have to give results and has explanations for why he is alive.

You're 1-shot BP Garmr, right?

In post 191, implosion wrote:I also think I like herrcombs and Dierfire as town.

I'm not seeing the Dier town read - talk to me about it. Everything he is posting feels off to me and I can usually read Dier as town pretty quickly.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:58 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 287, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 177, Garmr wrote:Tbh you can lynch me I'm not really an important power role just a bullet proof townie I was trying to draw attention to get someone to night kill me with a soft power role claim before but now I don't really care. My care factor for this game is zero. Because I didn't think anyone would be that retarded and mentally handicapped to follow with myko because of the word honestly.

Yeah, I don't like this. At the very, very best it's anti-town play but it's most likely coming from scum. There is no town motivation to claiming BP like that - none at all.

In post 184, implosion wrote:Garmr is like 99% town. There's nearly zero reason for him to claim bulletproof townie here as scum. 177-178 is a genuine emotional outburst.

Except for there is? Dwlee gave reasons - I agree somewhat that BP isn't a great claim for scum to make. It's a safe one though - doesn't have to give results and has explanations for why he is alive.

You're 1-shot BP Garmr, right?

In post 191, implosion wrote:I also think I like herrcombs and Dierfire as town.

I'm not seeing the Dier town read - talk to me about it. Everything he is posting feels off to me and I can usually read Dier as town pretty quickly.

Does It matter how many shots I can take I really don't like you prying into that seems pretty scummy to do that.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:07 am

Post by Garmr »

There's no town motivation in asking how many shots one can take only someone interested in shooting someone would do that.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:08 am

Well, yeah, it does.

I mean, if you're going to claim, at least do it properly. X-shot is a favourite among scum fake claims right now on this site so I'm super interested.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:09 am

Tbh, I'm kind of just hoping the vig shoots you so we can find out what's going on.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:13 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

What is the scum motivation for shooting you, though?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:14 am

In post 202, pistachi0n wrote:
Wait, how does that work? You're assuming nobody's shot the bp, the doctors are allowed to self target, and there are no vanilla townies left.

Really, this is what has piqued your interest? That was clearly just some bad set-up spec from a newbie - you're trying to make that look scummy.

Pistachion is probably a good lynch as well.

In post 204, mykonian wrote:
I call bullshit on his mention that he doesn't mind to be lynched: then what was the purpose of a claim there?

BINGO!

In post 209, Lalendra wrote:Really not a fan of the claim or the weird emotional outburst so early in the game. It's not that intense yet. I will wait and see what happens after his two-day hiatus though before I decide.

Well, that's an awful post.

In post 211, Lalendra wrote:I can post more. What would you like to discuss?

How about you read the thread and provide something off of your own back? This looks like scum asking for an angle to get into the game.

In post 224, Felissan wrote:
I've definitely got a scum read on Garmr now, but I'll put it on the back burner for now - I'll wait for it to be really blatant before wanting him dead

How much more blatant do you need it than a 'definite scum read'?

In post 224, Felissan wrote:For now, my vote will go somewhere completely different...
VOTE: Hieirama
The wording in some of his posts just has a feel of uneasy scum (constantly insisting on whether his play is scummy or not, worrying too much about not doing enough)
I'd like to put a bit more pressure on him, hence my vote.

I don't like this attack or vote.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:28 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 292, Dwlee99 wrote:What is the scum motivation for shooting you, though?

What is the town motivation in trying to direct a possible vig to shoot me. In other words he possible knowledge of a potential vig in the scum roles and his trying to gauge if I'm just a 1 shoot bullet proof or just general bullet proof. The scum agenda for this is that a killing role won't shoot scum for that night and if If they find out how many shots I can take say for example if I am one shot bullet proof townie (which is what he asked not how many shots can I take.) Then he can now if I am safe to shoot latter on after a vig has shoot me. This optimal scum play if he can pull it off. This is why It ring alarm bells to me.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:30 am

Post by Garmr »

then he can now see if I am safe to shoot for latter.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:38 am

Post by mykonian »

Haha. BBT pushes garmr and now he's suddenly scum as well!

this is brilliant :giggle:
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:41 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 296, mykonian wrote:Haha. BBT pushes garmr and now he's suddenly scum as well!

this is brilliant :giggle:

So what are your other reads again. I am starting to think you are becoming obsessed with me so much you're starting to lust for me.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:51 am

Post by Garmr »

What I find really pathetic through is myko isn't able to argue with my logic he just make post like 269 and use things like honestly. My evaluation of this player he is either the worst scum or just a stupid vi.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:54 am

Post by Garmr »

I shouldn't lower myself to your standard you just have a habit of annoying me so I'm just going to ignore your snide remarks.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”