mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:19 am

Post by mykonian »

I guess soze's vote is fun too.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:20 am

Post by Dierfire »

Garmr's vote on you?

In post 72, Garmr wrote:
In post 37, mykonian wrote:we could be out of rvs right now.

You know, why not.

Garmr already committed a scumtell trying to call someone town. There's no need for the word "honestly" there, it only makes sense from a point where scum is trying to think like town. The word "honestly" implies that he comes from a setting where he was prepared to lie this game, then found a situation where it wasn't necessary. Add to this that he's stepping in to protect someone from an accusation and that little sentence becomes quite damning. Buddying and at the same time showing off his mindset is scummy.

So dwlee, are we out of rvs? :)
honestly I use that word a lot it features in all my recent games. Also what's this bs about calling someone town. I said I don't see anything scummy yet. You seem like your reaching so have my vote.

VOTE: mycorana

I thought that it was fine--not a particularly strong case but not a particularly weak one for that point in the game.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Dierfire »

Hieirama's reaction to your accusation--which one?

I could see this one coming from Mafia:

In post 89, Hieirama wrote:Should I go back to lurking or?

This one seems to combine confidence and insecurity:

In post 118, Hieirama wrote:Heh.

I made that readlist, you're right, to contribute a little bit more than a one-liner. I'm not sure how that's scum-oriented?
I'm not being helpful if all my opinions are all jumbled in my head. So why not share it, even if it's minor?
This is the fastest pace game I've played in. I do hate missing the boat.

I'd read the confidence as fake. I could see that from Mafia.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:27 am

Post by Dierfire »

Keyser's vote for Hieirama?

I thought that it was pretty good. He certainly presents some corroborating evidence for the case that you presented, anyway.

In post 124, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 115, mykonian wrote:so soze. You are still sitting on a dwlee vote. This seems outdated. Not saying you should vote garmr.
But at least vote hier then who more or less claimed scum with her reply.

Scum-lean read on Hieirama.

By post 76, Hieirama posted an extensive positive/null/negative "vibes" list based on everyone's posts (reads based on posts <#67).

Why positive/negative "vibes" and a
running narrative
on events, why not call them town/scum reads? He only committed giving a "Slight Town-Lean" to herrcombs. Noted.

In post 76, Hieirama wrote:I'm still trying to comprehend what's going on… These quick reads and half-joking remarks are throwing me off.

I'll try anyway. No use for me if I just sit to the side.

"I'll try anyway. No use for me if I just sit to the side."
- I am uncomfortable with this soliloquy, feels like this reads/vibes list has been tough work for Hieirama to express (and has maybe been posted a little too early).

VOTE: Hieirama
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:27 am

Post by mykonian »

about hier: I was thinking the second, yes, but either works :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:19 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 140, Keyser Söze wrote:Look at the votes on my wagon:

In post 44, Dwlee99 wrote:UNVOTE: Dierfire
VOTE: Keyser

OMGUS much...? :? Does Dwlee99 actually scum-read me?

In post 66, Dierfire wrote:DWL is Town and easy to lynch. Players voting DWL are therefore more likely to be Mafia.

UNVOTE: BBT

I feel this is a weak reason. I did not like how that sentence was constructed. "easy to lynch" - what part of Dwlee99's play is
easy to lynch
? His vote on me had a logical fallacy feeling to it.

"Player A is easy to lynch, therefore Player B who voted for Player A is more likely scum" :?

Still waiting for Dierfire's comments.

For the last stinkin' time, it wasn't OMGUS. I did not vote you for voting me. I voted you for being inconsistent. You took out my entire argument as to why you are scum. This is manipulation. And yet no one calls you out on it for some odd reason. Here's my whole post. Do you feel the need to remove my entire argument out just to get your point across?
In post 44, Dwlee99 wrote:My town read on implosion was serious, my one on BBT was more joke-y but based on his posts afterwards I'm town reading him. I don't understand how that makes me scum?
You say that you don't like early town or scum reads but you don't flag implosion as suspicious although he did it even earlier than me.

In post 42, Keyser Söze wrote:

I also wanted to flag Hieirama's reaction.
I feel like implosion was joking about a 'Dierfire + Hieirama scumteam'
- but Hieirama's jumps in acting very serious/defensive:
In post 25, Hieirama wrote:
In post 23, implosion wrote:Looks like a Dierfire + Hieirama scumteam. Now if only we can figure out the third...

You can build a scumread based on one post?

Dwlee99
gives out two (serious?)
easy/early town-reads
(I do not like people giving out easy/early town/scum reads)
:
In post 33, Dwlee99 wrote:
You asked about my town read on you and implosion
. The first part was more about implosion and the second part is about you. Even though it was "Kind of a joke" I'm still town reading you. (especially for your last few posts)

UNVOTE: BlueBloodedToffee
VOTE: Dwlee99

Yea, no.
UNVOTE: Dierfire
In post 40, herrcombs wrote:
In post 39, Dwlee99 wrote:Okay, we're out of RVS. Fine.
But let's look at Garmr's ISO -
- RVS
- "Honestly don't see anything scummy so far"
In post 37, mykonian wrote:
Garmr already committed a scumtell trying to call someone town.

So saying he doesn't see anything scummy is a scum tell? Okay, totally.

Why did you clip out the rest of what he said, about why it's a scumtell to him?

(Even though frankly, I don't agree with mykonian's premise... I don't think the phrase "to be honest" or its derivatives is alignment indicative, I've seen townies use the phrase and I tend to use it too out of habit.)

I clipped it out because the rest was gibberish about him saying the word "honestly". He did say some stuff about it being him buddying and "Add to this that he's stepping in to protect someone from an accusation and that little sentence becomes quite damning." but it's a weak case that relies on saying the word "honestly" being a scum tell, which, like you said, isn't one.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:25 am

Post by mykonian »

yes, that's what he says as well, it's omgus. :/
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

He clearly manipulated my post. .-.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:05 am

Post by implosion »

In post 127, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Pistachion has repeated a lot of my own points in her post.

Not sure if that's intentional?

Said the person who posted a carbon copy of ~
Anyway, re: your question about Hiei, I had called them scum in an overblown way on the first page and they had reacted to that, so I wanted to mention what I thought of the reaction. I still don't have any strong opinion on Hiei.

I don't have any explicit feelings about the myko wagon because I don't actually remember any reasons being given for it that stuck in my head, which sort of implicitly means it's pretty bad.

With regards to Garmr, I agree that is scummy at this point. I agree feels awkwardly defensive, as if he's semi-automatically voting without thinking. But I have trouble seeing scum motivation behind that quote I gave earlier:
Also you should quit before you burn youself if there's a wagon between you and me your the one getting lynched.

What is the scum motivation for this? It pretty much just invites/instigates myko to tunnel him forever. It seems way too cocky to reasonably post as scum when myko is the most active poster in the game. I can't imagine him posting this as scum who thinks that it'll get myko off his back. I can't imagine him posting it as scum who is so overconfident that they want to boast. If I see a good justification for scum posting this then I might join the Garmr wagon.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:10 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Why does no one else think Keyser is scum? He manipulated my post and completely ignored all of my reasoning and just said "OMGUS".
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:24 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 158, implosion wrote:What is the scum motivation for this? It pretty much just invites/instigates myko to tunnel him forever. It seems way too cocky to reasonably post as scum when myko is the most active poster in the game. I can't imagine him posting this as scum who thinks that it'll get myko off his back. I can't imagine him posting it as scum who is so overconfident that they want to boast. If I see a good justification for scum posting this then I might join the Garmr wagon.

Momentum was decently against me at that point (decently quick wagon, 4 votes), and such wagons have gotten steam before, could have happened here. Dwlee pushes against it and by 120/121 from bbt, momentum is lost. I am pretty sure that sentence is garmr thinking he's in the winning position as long as I push against him, since people voted me for it. A high postcount isn't always beneficial for one's survival. So don't think garmr thinks he can get me off him, I think he believes he can get me lynched.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:28 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 159, Dwlee99 wrote:Why does no one else think Keyser is scum? He manipulated my post and completely ignored all of my reasoning and just said "OMGUS".

Read my post 58.

Tone of implosion's scum reads: I read as NOT serious.
Tone of your town reads: I read as serious, you also stated you were serious.

To repeat, I did not ignore implosion's reads (I even flagged them in the very same post) neither did I ignore your reasoning. Different tone = different read.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:44 am

Post by mykonian »

still boring, guys :(
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:46 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Still doesn't explain the manipulation of my post, keyser.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:47 am

Post by Dierfire »

@DWL

Do you think that Keyser would not dismiss your case if he were Town?

Oh, that reminds me...
UNVOTE: Keyser

EDIT: Do you think that he would not chop your quote if he were Town?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:48 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 163, Dwlee99 wrote:Still doesn't explain the manipulation of my post, keyser.

dude, I'm not voting you either. Move on.
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:54 am

Post by Felissan »

I'm really sorry for my inactivity, I was pretty busy today. I did do my best to at least read the game, expect more tomorrow.
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:08 am

Post by mykonian »

Julien, you disappoint me :(
Hieirama
Hieirama
Townie
Hieirama
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Hieirama »

Why am I not surprised by my wagon

Hm, anyway,

In post 119, mykonian wrote:
In post 118, Hieirama wrote:I'm not sure how that's scum-oriented?

Some of them have more trouble to get into a game. For town it's pretty natural to just see the last post and talk about what you think of it. Scum have more considerations. Your post was decidedly not natural, it stands out.

Scum can casually give opinions on recent events too, though, its not just a Town thing.
Yes I know it did. Sorry for not being casual?

In post 124, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 115, mykonian wrote:so soze. You are still sitting on a dwlee vote. This seems outdated. Not saying you should vote garmr.
But at least vote hier then who more or less claimed scum with her reply.

Scum-lean read on Hieirama.

By post 76, Hieirama posted an extensive positive/null/negative "vibes" list based on everyone's posts (reads based on posts <#67).

Why positive/negative "vibes" and a
running narrative
on events, why not call them town/scum reads? He only committed giving a "Slight Town-Lean" to herrcombs. Noted.

In post 76, Hieirama wrote:I'm still trying to comprehend what's going on… These quick reads and half-joking remarks are throwing me off.

I'll try anyway. No use for me if I just sit to the side.

"I'll try anyway. No use for me if I just sit to the side."
- I am uncomfortable with this soliloquy, feels like this reads/vibes list has been tough work for Hieirama to express (and has maybe been posted a little too early).

I dare say I tried to keep it as short as possible.

I'm a bit specific in intensity when I list my suspicions.
It simply goes:
Town-Read, Town-Lean, Positive Vibes, Null, Negative Vibes, Scum-Lean, Scum-Read.

So herrcombs has a stronger Town read then anyone with "Positive vibes".

Kind of. I'll restate it: "I'll attempt to form an analysis even though I don't fully get what's going on, because it's much better than lurking around."
I did have trouble at first because I wasn't exactly sure what everyone was pointing towards.
ISOing everyone and making that post did help me personally understand everything more, so no regrets.

In post 136, mykonian wrote:
In post 133, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Heir wagon?

complicated name - starts with H - is rather scummy.

I actually don't know where "Hier" came from. I expected to be called "Hiei" for short, but for some reason you disregarded the i, lol.

In post 146, Dierfire wrote:I find the wagon on Garmr to be weakly reasoned. Pistachion's reasons were weakest.
I thought that Mykonian's case on Hieirama was better than his case on Garmr was.

@Hieirama

Why did you post a read on me that included only my RVS vote and the wagon on me? What about the serious things that I posted?

EDIT Working on it!

Well, I only read up to post 66 there…
About post 66 now, it was kind of fast and too certain, you put no thought into counterarguments in there. That's not a great thing.

And apologies for not being the fastest at posting. I'm busy with school during the week.

In post 152, Dierfire wrote:Hieirama's reaction to your accusation--which one?

I could see this one coming from Mafia:

In post 89, Hieirama wrote:Should I go back to lurking or?

This one seems to combine confidence and insecurity:

In post 118, Hieirama wrote:Heh.

I made that readlist, you're right, to contribute a little bit more than a one-liner. I'm not sure how that's scum-oriented?
I'm not being helpful if all my opinions are all jumbled in my head. So why not share it, even if it's minor?
This is the fastest pace game I've played in. I do hate missing the boat.

I'd read the confidence as fake. I could see that from Mafia.

That was me trying to be sarcastic.

I can get where you're coming from here. There was a bit of confidence in there.
Mm, why would I want to take confidence, though?
"Logic is panic's prey."
-Kurama
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:07 am

Post by herrcombs »

UNVOTE: myko

I like how mykonian hasn't stepped down from people challenging him, and it seems like he's working to drive the discussion forward with useful content in some areas. I've got a resounding nullread on him at this point, though. His postcount is ballooning a bit and is making the thread a little hard to follow. I also don't like the way in which he avoids answering some questions directly. (e.g. see his back-and-forth with Soze starting with Soze's , and the way myko structured his and without simply answering the question. All this does it invite a cyclical discussion that just takes up space instead of generating anything useful.)

I can totally identify with Hieirama's feeling that as someone fresh out of the newbie queue, the pace of this game is noticeably faster. I can see how Hie is having a hard time jumping into discussions. However, I don't like the "Should I go back to lurking or?" bit in hie's . This on top of the questions imbedded in hie's readlist in , I think it could be a pretty easy way to feign scumhunting without actually trying to figure out the game. I'm fine with progressing that wagon. And a question to Hieirama: what would you consider to be the most interesting development so far in the game? Who is your top scum at this point?

Feeling an initial townlean on BBT. He's pushing on multiple people, I like the questions he's asking in , for example. Implosion's first point in his is bothering me a bit though. BBT, was your repeating of implosion's points in his in your intentional?

I don't mind pistachi0n's vote on Garmr, but I don't like how pista isn't really commenting on anything else in the game. Pistachi0n, what is your opinion of mykonian? Do you think there's any merit to the wagon on Garmr, which has already attracted several votes?

@ Soze's : is it not anti-town to point out things that could be soft-claims? What good can possibly come from discussing such things?

In post 144, Dierfire wrote:I think that the logic is very natural. I will break it down. Town players vote for those they believe to be Mafia. Mafia players vote for those they know to be Town (except when voting players they know to be Mafia, which is presumably less frequent). So, if I believe a player to be Town (such as DWL), others voting for that player are more likely to be Mafia than are others voting for some other player.

This is interesting logic, but something feels off to me about it, too. You say "players voting DWL are more likely to be Mafia." More likely than what? Than random? Using this logic with no supporting scumreads gives a probability marginally better than random to find scum. It's kinda like a really weak process of elimination, and it feels strange seeing it as the sole justification for a vote so early into the game.

In post 147, Dierfire wrote:@Herrcombs
Why did it take you so long to write this one up?

It takes me forever to compose my posts (and I'm still trying to get the hang of following so many different little lines of discussion). I've been writing this one off-and-on for the past hour and a half at least (going on two hours now) :oops:

I do like how active Dierfire is being after getting caught up, his interest in talking with mykonian about recent events, and his outreach to numerous other players in the game. Initial townlean for Dierfire.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:54 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

UNVOTE: Keyser
Not sure where to put my vote on atm. I think Hiei's posts aren't the best but I'm not getting scum vibes from it. They seem like they're trying to fgure out the game.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by Garmr »

@keysor yes I will confirm I am a power role I don't want to say what through.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by mykonian »

who wants to play "find the scumtell"?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by Garmr »

Tip look through mykonians iso.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 127, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Pistachion has repeated a lot of my own points in her post.

Not sure if that's intentional?

No, it wasn't.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”