Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 2374, Skybird wrote:
In post 2351, Sonic X wrote:RR written a post about how Constantine is not scum. What do you think about that?

I've read through his case and it's his opinion that the slot is town. The problem is he can't see scum doing the things Hermit did but he also can't see town doing those things. So RR feels that the slot is town. I feel the slot is scum.

Do not attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. I feel the slot was played poorly for town, and that scum would have taken the extra effort required to not play the slot terribly.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:27 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 2223, Skybird wrote:To me, you case read like you didn't like my questions because you couldn't tell what I was getting out of them or where I was going. I can tell you I didn't ask just to ask. I've already explained to Ricastle that I don't post just to post. So if I asked someone a question, there was a reason. It may have looked like I just dropped the line of questioning or something, but I did get something from it that I'm not always going to explain. I'm just going to say that how a person responds to your question, how they answer it or ignore it, can say quite a bit about their mindset.

I have a null-scum read on you. I don't automatically assume you are town just because you are a double voter. You also were resistant to Reasonably Rational when they were trying to see how both your and Vezok's double voting abilities worked. If you are town, why not help town understand how it works.

Frogger is a town read for me. He was very forth-coming about his vote moving ability and his posts about it have felt genuine.

Farside is also a town read. She is involved and scum hunting.

Your first point is inarguable because it's true. And it's not a terrible way to scumhunt. But I've seen you ask things like "how do you scumhunt" or "who didn't join an alliance." "did anyone take the quiz" etc. Questions that that don't press very hard if at all. And in the case of the first question which you asked to beer, which is an easily manipulated or null answer however he decided to give it, and when he answered you responded with something like "oh okay thanks" which, ironically was called out by frogger. (I'm having trouble seeing both of you and frogger being scum together as a result of both of your slots softly OMGUSing eachother day 1, but is a bit more likely now that ika is gone, and all of a sudden you're WKing each other, both flipping your reads miraculously and imo a bit unnaturally? Admittedly the WKing is coming a lot more loudly and strong from frogger than it is from you, though.) And I'd like to see him lynched before you if given the choice.

Floating along asking stuff just makes my funny bone tingle because while, yea both alignments can do it, it's probably one of the easiest ways for scum to lay low and keep their story straight. This is why I've been wanting to press you and see what's happening with you. Does that make a bit more sense?

For example you're scum reading me, but only decide to bring it up once I ask. I find that kinda strange because don't you want your scum reads to get lynched? Why keep em to yourself? And you couldn't have developed that read recently because apparently it was about my defensiveness day 1. So...

As was brought up before, everything frogger has been forthcoming about with his role would have been something that would have been easily seen eventually anyway, so, it's pretty much null. And yea the fact that he could of just not allied I guess. But that seems like just as good a way to stick out or get people asking questions IMO as well.

BUT does you allegedly thinking that my double vote is somehow imbalanced now become alleviated somewhat with the knowledge that frogger is somewhat a pseudo-doublevoter? Or is that just something that you don't think should be accounted for?

I think farside is town as well. But for other reasons. Being involved and scumhunting kinda applies to half(sadly not more) of the players alive and is a bit insulting to her scumgame. Have you seen far's scumgame?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 2224, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:The Hermit
I was thinking that maybe was just not a good player or maybe off with his play. His nuking his PT could just be a dumb townie move. I know I made those as well. I kinda played it off as such. What really got me concern about Hermit is his naked vote on NC. He never mention NC in any previous posts as far I can tell, he never said why , and has not mention or push for a NC Vote, After I started to look at his naked vote I went through the whole nuke incident again but without the blinders on. He has yet to admit he was wrong and admit his actions were bad, Yes TW shouldn't of claimed vig but nuking them and than getting them vigged is not town at all.
So yeah the Hermit has to die

VOTE: The Hermit

There's a lot of hedging in this post for my liking.

Also not admitting you were wrong kinda boils down to personality/pride and isn't really a scumtell.

Don't really so much mind the niccage vote because I think there's a chance he's scum.

Also, have there not been any other naked votes insofar this game fuzz, why are you just zeroing in on this particular one?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 2249, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Just read up from yesterday and.. I wanna interact with someone.

Grapes, you're so sure of your Skybird read, and you told me not to be the vote police, but maybe you could just.. tell us where you're going with the Skybird vote? Is it a wagon or not? Is a it a super secret gambit? You can just say that you're trying to get Skybird lynched, I don't know why you got all defensive when I asked about it.

I'd love to interact max and had tried to a few days ago. Not sure what happened.

But this is a weird way to do it...When my vote is on someone it's because I want them lynched.

I think I've been kinda thinking you're a bit more scummy today because you've been less involved than day 1(hypocrite ik) and that you've been kinda hard defending all my scumreads. :x

And that's an alarm bell not because I think OMG YOU MUST BE SCUM TOGETHER or anything like that. But because when you do so it's because 'genuine' or something else I just don't quite follow for whatever reason. And that's making me think we're staring at this stagnated thread through different lenses some times.

But I get what you're trying to say anyway, though. You want me to compromise on a lynch.

I also think out of everyone here I should be able to be on a vanity wagon because in doing so I'm the only one who isn't actively avoiding vca or hindering the progression of the game because while you forget I've been parking on skybird I've also been sitting on the very viable frogger wagon. Which is also endorsed by mastin who's a stump, so it technically should have like 3 votes.

UNVOTE: skybird

most likely voting cage after a vote count
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:12 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 2292, Fro99er wrote:I'll wait for Boo to catch up to try to get a better read on that slot, but Flum was super meh. Grapes, you were allied with Flum, right? What did you think of him?

Any subtle glimpses of town that possessed me to ask for an ally with him have long since disappeared.

I think once bookitty starts to get involved her alignment will be pretty easy to figure out for me, though. So I'm not all too preoccupied with that slot atm.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Post by Fro99er »

@grapes so we see eye to eye on nic cage?
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:16 pm

Post by Trench Warfare »

I might be moving over to Replace In tomorrow morning. I need to do my homework, double check everything and look through his ISO. Logically, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that case on the surface.

~Titus
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

More votes on niccage please
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:47 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 2376, grapes wrote:

Your first point is inarguable because it's true. And it's not a terrible way to scumhunt. But I've seen you ask things like "how do you scumhunt" or "who didn't join an alliance." "did anyone take the quiz" etc. Questions that that don't press very hard if at all. And in the case of the first question which you asked to beer, which is an easily manipulated or null answer however he decided to give it, and when he answered you responded with something like "oh okay thanks" which, ironically was called out by frogger. (I'm having trouble seeing both of you and frogger being scum together as a result of both of your slots softly OMGUSing eachother day 1, but is a bit more likely now that ika is gone, and all of a sudden you're WKing each other, both flipping your reads miraculously and imo a bit unnaturally? Admittedly the WKing is coming a lot more loudly and strong from frogger than it is from you, though.) And I'd like to see him lynched before you if given the choice.

I feel like you aren't following the game very closely. I explained why I dropped the scum hunt thing with Beer already. (post 516) He had said he looked at underlying motivations to see if someone was town or scum. In practically the very next post he stated that it was silly to assign town or scum motivations to posts. This sounded like a direct contradiction to the way he said he scum hunted. That is why I asked him about it because I thought I caught him in a set up for himself to explain away scummy sounding posts in the future. His reply to me showed me that wasn't the case and so I dropped it.

"Who didn't join an alliance?" - I think as time goes on looking at this and the related question of who allied with whom could show something to help find scum. For example, if Frog didn't ally with anyone for the first three days I would be pushing him for an answer to why he wasn't. Also, as I explained in an earlier post, looking to see who ignores my open questions and who picks up on them tells me something. In this case it didn't tell me much because no one chose to answer.

"Who took the quiz?" - I'm not allowed to post anything except strictly game related posts? That would be boring if you think that. I bet you can go through everyone's ISO and find posts that aren't game related.

Floating along asking stuff just makes my funny bone tingle because while, yea both alignments can do it, it's probably one of the easiest ways for scum to lay low and keep their story straight. This is why I've been wanting to press you and see what's happening with you. Does that make a bit more sense?

Again, I'm not a high volume poster. I'm used to being scum read for that. I don't have any problem with you pushing me but I really don't know how to explain myself against the floating along accusation.

For example you're scum reading me, but only decide to bring it up once I ask. I find that kinda strange because don't you want your scum reads to get lynched? Why keep em to yourself? And you couldn't have developed that read recently because apparently it was about my defensiveness day 1. So...

As was brought up before, everything frogger has been forthcoming about with his role would have been something that would have been easily seen eventually anyway, so, it's pretty much null. And yea the fact that he could of just not allied I guess. But that seems like just as good a way to stick out or get people asking questions IMO as well.

BUT does you allegedly thinking that my double vote is somehow imbalanced now become alleviated somewhat with the knowledge that frogger is somewhat a pseudo-doublevoter? Or is that just something that you don't think should be accounted for?

You are not a top scum read to me. I even listed you as null-scum, not just as scum. I usually focus on the players that are standing out as scum the most to me and try to figure out if my read is good or if they are really town who look scummy for any number of reasons.

You do bring up a good point about Frog's sorta double vote. Does it totally balance you? Not really. People could refuse to ally with him and then his double vote doesn't happen. You don't appear to have any constraints on your double vote except for not being able to vote for the same person. I don't see your constraint being as restrictive as Frog's.

I think farside is town as well. But for other reasons. Being involved and scumhunting kinda applies to half(sadly not more) of the players alive and is a bit insulting to her scumgame. Have you seen far's scumgame?

Sorry you don't like my reasons but it is what it is. I am in no way insulting farside.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:49 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2373, grapes wrote:
In post 2221, farside22 wrote:It's the same mantra repeatedly with nothing added.
Just because you sit there pointing to the same player saying the same thing doesn't make you town or look genuine.

Way to not really actually address my post, not sure why you decided to quote it. The slap down of my reach out is noted. :]

Tell me how I'm wrong.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:55 am

Post by farside22 »

Maybe it's me but when I see long winded responses and it isn't really necessary to be long winded, it looks like trying hard to me.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:56 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 2375, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2374, Skybird wrote:
In post 2351, Sonic X wrote:RR written a post about how Constantine is not scum. What do you think about that?

I've read through his case and it's his opinion that the slot is town. The problem is he can't see scum doing the things Hermit did but he also can't see town doing those things. So RR feels that the slot is town. I feel the slot is scum.

Do not attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. I feel the slot was played poorly for town, and that scum would have taken the extra effort required to not play the slot terribly.

-Cerb

I do see what you are saying. But scum make stupid mistakes too. Is it possible that this slot is 3rd party? That might explain why he feels all over the place.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:56 am

Post by Skybird »

Farside, is 2385 meant for me?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:59 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2387, Skybird wrote:Farside, is 2385 meant for me?

No it was in regard to the post grapes made here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p7089083
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:39 am

Post by Fro99er »

@NicCage - as requested

Spoiler: Nic on Sonic
In post 389, NicCage wrote:I'm also caught up. I think Max, mastina, Sonic X, vezo and farside are all probably town.

Sonic is town (unexplained)

In post 396, NicCage wrote:As far as Ricastle goes, I'm not a fan. Going after beer is lame and easy, if he's town he'd be the number 1 thing scum would latch onto, and I thought his following push on Sonic X was really awful I have no idea why Ricastle voted for him and I can't imagine how there is some kind of PoE that could take place between Sonic and beer. I'm baffled at how a townread could come out of that.

Yeah you know what I think he's scum. VOTE: Ricastle

Attack ricastle for push on sonic

In post 933, NicCage wrote:
In post 801, Trench Warfare wrote:
In post 389, NicCage wrote:I think Max, mastina, Sonic X, vezo and farside are all probably town.

I have no idea why you were townreading Sonic X at that stage and I haven't seen you make it clear yet.

I get it, I reread his ISO later and kind of fell off on that. I don't know at this moment if I think he's leaning scum, but he's not feeling town for me at all anymore. Initially I felt like he was town because his early reads post, I think it's 156 off the top of my head, mirrored mine at the time. I also felt like his reaction to ricastle's push was genuine, and I interpreted the fake daykill as a reaction test. But when I reread those things felt a lot weaker than they did on first impression. I'll work on him tomorrow.

So someone pressures you on your unexplained sonic town read and you explain now but back off (because you know your reasons weren't very good???)

No no, sorry. I wasn't scumreading ricastle for attacking beer, I was scumreading him for attacking sonic and beer and saying with certainty that there was at least one scum among the two. Which isn't that awful, but when he called it PoE it bothered me a bit. I never thought beer was town, I still don't, I just felt that he would make an easy target. It wasn't really a defining part of my read, it was an additional accusation. Actually, I decided to vote ricastle while making that post. I was really more interested in your slot, in part because I felt like the ricastle townread from titus was unjustified. I wanted to talk about it, but that line of questioning petered out with titus not commenting and just asking what PoE meant, so I figured I'd work on something else and wait for you to show up.

I wanna add grapes to my townlist, and Marquis and Ricastle are leaning town for me now. Sonic is null until I reread him. Nothing else has changed. I'll follow-up this tomorrow with anything I'm suspicious of.

Same post as prior, admit scumreading ricastle for attacking sonic and beer, yet sonic is null now.

In post 958, NicCage wrote:Cheeto, I'm working on that now. My vote isn't hurting anything sitting there on Ricastle. I'm sure he doesn't mind.

In post 936, MaxwellPuckett wrote:NicCage, what changed your Ricastle scumread to a slight townread?

Well it seemed like a fair amount of people felt like he was townish enough, so I figured maybe I was overreacting to his tone or style or whatever you want to call it. It seemed overconfident, but that's not necessarily a bad thing D1. He's really not doing anything particularly wrong, and I felt like he was being genuine enough in chasing his scumreads. Plus I'm not townreading Sonic anymore so his attack on him bothered me less.

Not townreading sonic (but didn't say scumreading). Post 933 was null, this is 958 and sonic didn't post between 933 and 958, so I'll assume this not townreading means null.

In post 1091, NicCage wrote:I felt like Sonic's criticism of Beer's attack on them was legitimate, and that was that they were basically just saying "this post is bad" with a lot more words.

"Sonic's criticism of Beer was legit"

In post 2107, NicCage wrote:
In post 1943, Ricastle wrote:NicCage, I'd like to hear your thoughts on these players:

Fro99er
Sonic X
TunnelWarriors
Reasonably Rational
St Constantine the Hermit
TheFuzzylogic99

Sonic X is hard for me to sort out. I'm starting to change my mind on him a bit, and I'm thinking maybe he isn't scum after all and is just obnoxious and sloppy. I don't really see the scum motivation for trying to gladiate on D2, or even at the end of D1, since that would get him into a lot of hot water. I'm assuming that role makes it a vote off between him and his target.

Sonic isn't scum, but town now (but where did you ever scum read him?).
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:58 am

Post by St Constantine the Hermit »

I don't get it. Town can be all over the place too.
Show
Aye, let old constantine spin ye a tale...

Book of Constantine (Protestant) 214: 112 - God hates you
Book of Constantine (Catholic) 214:112 - God doesn't like you
Book of Constantine (Orthodox) 214:112 - God tolerates you
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:02 am

Post by Fro99er »

Was that at me?
Heil King Froggo.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:05 am

Post by farside22 »

Frogger your case on nic looks to be associated with sonic
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:11 am

Post by Fro99er »

farside, that's part of my case, and yes, that part is an association.

Basically - nic townreads sonic unexplained and defends him from ricastle. But he doesn't really have any good reasons. As soon as he's asked for those reasons to townread sonic, he backs off hard townreading his buddy for BS reasons and throws him in the null pile (yet still agrees with a read of Sonic's later). Then D2 when asked about sonic, he says sonic's no longer scummy (???) and more town now because of his gladiate thing.

But I've given other reasons for Nic too. See 2168, 2353
Heil King Froggo.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:28 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I've rarely saw scum defend their parteners in such an overt way.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:28 am

Post by farside22 »

I think nic cage is scum too. I want to double check something about him
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:35 am

Post by farside22 »

I just reread nicccage and tbh he seems a bit lost more then scummy.
My biggest issue is that he isn't pushing anyone as scum and just riding on the low end and for me that catches my eye.
In some cases he tries to engage with others but with the questions he asked thus far they don't go anywhere and read pretty flat.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:41 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 2390, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:I don't get it. Town can be all over the place too.

I just don't see you doing enough towny stuff. It's more like you are only interested in staying alive instead of trying to find scum.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:51 am

Post by Ricastle »

Nic is town. This is coming from his Ally.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:34 am

Post by Skybird »

Ricastle, is this coming from stuff in your PT?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”