Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:20 am

Post by Varsoon »

"Well I might join you kids show you how its done! I've been slacking out on my workout routine for few weeks! Or months... years... decades."
-Greg
Coach Steven

VOTECOUNT 2.11

NicCage (3):
Vezokpiraka, Vezokpiraka, St Constantine the Hermit
St Constantine the Hermit (3):
MaxwellPuckett, Trench Warfare, Skybird
Sonic X (2):
fro99er, CooLDoG
Fro99er (2):
grapes, Sonic X
Thefuzzylogic99 (2):
Fluminator, Replace in
Skybird (1):
grapes
Ricastle (1):
Reasonably Rational
Replace in (1):
Ricastle
Grapes (1):
farside22

Not Voting (3):
NicCage, Mastin2, Thefuzzylogic99

With 17 Alive, it takes 9 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2015-07-30 07:20:00)
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:28 am

Post by grapes »

In post 2192, Skybird wrote:Well Grapes, it's not like you've made a case on me. So why do you really think I'm scum?

Have I not laid that out loud and clear already? On the same page you posted this?

Tbh I'd really rather you talk about your reads and thoughts on the game and stuff. Because most of my problems with you actually stem from getting vibes of you holding back, at least at the core. That would have a double effect of helping me read you, others read you AND I. And wouldn't clog up the thread with a redundant case wall of things I've pretty much already said that half the players here would be less likely to read anyway.

Like what's your read on me frogger and farside would be a cool start?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:36 am

Post by grapes »

In post 2195, farside22 wrote:So I'm officially scum reading grapes now.
These last two pages of his reason why he is scum reading sky is utter crap.
He states other scum reads but doesn't push on anyone and then bitches about people not being as active when his post count is low and very underwhelming.

Vote: grapes

sup farside

how's it going

What about my thoughts on skybird do you specifically not like? That might help me understand exactly why you think it's utter crap. I mean it was basically an expounding on what I posted the start of this phase, so, were you just waiting to say this or did you just now notice?

I also don't like how you're going after me for something that's like at best just a difference in opinion about how to scum hunt. Like if you think I'm barking up the wrong tree then then you've kept pretty quiet about how strongly you've been townreading skybird to my memory. And even then I think it's weird for you to call my push scum motivated just because you think it's bad anyway.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:40 am

Post by grapes »

hmm this game has been kinda dragging as of late

is that my bad?

probably but lemme go check who's been lurking it up anyway brb
Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Trench Warfare »

In post 2186, T S O wrote:I'm V/LA for a week sitewide - on holidays, and I won't have access. Titus is more involved in the game than I am right now, so she can handle stuff.

I see a bunch of reasonless counterwagons to Hermit. I don't get any of them.

~ObvTitus
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:52 am

Post by grapes »

fuzzy hasn't been around in a while and to those of you asking him for reads good luck on that front he already kinda dodged me when i asked him about them to start the day

hey cooldog do you have a vote or are you just glued to frogger no matter what? this might have been brought up already

my alliance friend and i seem to be playing activity tag which is lame
Replace in
Replace in
Townie
Replace in
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:27 am

Post by Replace in »

In post 2162, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 2154, Replace in wrote:I don't think Large games are my thing. Considering all the talk about flavor, I decided to google my character to see what if it makes any sense. I think my flavorclaim might clear Frogger, so i might as well claim it, since I fail at reading this game anyway.

I am "Lion".

From wikia:

Lion" is a magical pink lion whom Steven befriends in "Steven's Lion". Lion protects Steven, as shown in "Steven's Lion" and "So Many Birthdays". It is revealed in "Lion 3: Straight to Video" that Lion had some sort of deep connection with Rose Quartz. This connection is explored further in the episode "Rose's Scabbard".

This connects me to Rose Quarts, Frogger's claim. I've read a few people questioning his claim, so now I'm connected to him, which means he is probably town.

I'm also spotting this:

Friends:
Steven Universe
Rose Quartz
Connie Maheswaran
Garnet
Amethyst
Pearl

This seems to make sense with the flavor of Marquis's death as well.

Are you shitting me? Lion appeared only after Rose died. That's the fucking idea. There was no Lion while Rose was alive.

Blame wikia. I don't even know what Steven looks like.
Replace in
Replace in
Townie
Replace in
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:37 am

Post by Replace in »

In post 2189, Fro99er wrote:
@Replaced In
: I'm not sure how I feel about your claim. What was the reason for claiming when you did?

I feel a bit lost in the woods in this game. I'm reading pretty much all of it, but I think there's just too many people to interact with to get any good (scum)reads. My vote is on Fuzzy, because I think there's a chance he might be scum. But then again, it also feels pretty lazy to be voting there. I really want to play along, but I think I'll probably feel better in a smaller playing field. Vezok's been flavor hunting this whole time, so I thought my claim could help in figuring this out maybe. Or at least it could generate some discussion about it. I don't know anything about the flavor, so when I googled my character, it seemed to fit the characters that have already died. So because I was not really contributing anyway, I didn't see the harm in doing so. My original plan was to ally Vezok and claim this to him alone, as he's one of my bigger townreads. But he didn't really seem interested(can't really blame him), so this seemed like a good idea too. Maybe it'll help the rest of you to read me too and might get me a bit more involved in the game.
Replace in
Replace in
Townie
Replace in
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:43 am

Post by Replace in »

In post 2192, Skybird wrote:Well Grapes, it's not like you've made a case on me. So why do you really think I'm scum?

the flavour for my character is something like: you're a pink human. Not really though, you're actually a lion

As for the quotes:

-Rose has kept secrets
-you've been taught to say you love someone.
-The reason for being pink
-you have magic stuff, to play with other magic boys

I changed the look of them to not get modkilled.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:20 am

Post by Ricastle »

In post 2208, Replace in wrote:the flavour for my character is something like: you're a pink human. Not really though, you're actually a lion

As for the quotes:

-Rose has kept secrets
-you've been taught to say you love someone.
-The reason for being pink
-you have magic stuff, to play with other magic boys

I changed the look of them to not get modkilled.
They are still word-for-word the exact quotes, yes? Going under that assumption, they really don't look natural or coherent with the style of the other quotes we've seen so far. But that could just be because everyone we've seen so far actually
has
quotes of their own. But then in that case, I'd expect all the quotes to relate in some way to the Lion, which the two without capitaization don't, at least I don't think?

Speaking of which, the two quotes without capitalisation strike me. Like you just copypasted them from the middle of a sentence. In fact they all look like that in some way.

Why are you unsure of the wording on the flavour that's presumably right there in your role PM? Although to be fair, I don't think anybody was asking you to say this, so that's one town point from this post.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Ricastle »

Trench, why is Saint scum? Do you really think the first thing he would do coming into this game as scum would be to make a blatantly antitown move which attracts the attention of the entire playerlist?

I agree with grapes on Skybird. At least when the former shows up, they provide good content.
Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:47 am

Post by Trench Warfare »

I think they're newb scum that totally botched their claim and started just trying to make everyone scared to lynch them rather than scumhunting.

What's your problem with Slybird's posting? Why are their posts not "good content"?
Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:49 am

Post by Trench Warfare »

There are minor things that worry me like 2192, but I put things that are awkward to everyone else (as RR tells me in the hood), so I really don't think that's enough reason for me to get on board.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:30 am

Post by Ricastle »

Okay, well I guess it comes down to how one perceives Saint. I'm reading his antics as town, personally, but he'll almost certainly end up being (mis)lynched down the line so we'll see who got it right then.

The vast majority of Skybird's posts are random questions that don't lead anywhere or fluff/corrections. Notable scummy exceptions to these are:

Her unexplained stance change on Vezok from to to (the latter also being a really scummy way to set up hopping on the Beer wagon and a deliberate attempt to keep on Vezok's good side)

Lays out the votes she'd be fine with in , two of them sheeping the crowd and the other being OMGUS on confirmed town; this is what her play thus far surmounted to?

and completely contradict her read on Saint that she had only just presented. She also never mentioned a read on Bins before, and I believe she has also said at some point that she is lurking in points where she has nothing to say. So why didn't she mention that? In other words, more sheeping the crowd.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:32 am

Post by Fro99er »

Regarding my Constantine read, I thought this was weird:
In post 1808, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Claiming characters doesn't do any good, because all the mods here hand out fake claims. Wguerts can't shoot me because I vaporized his role. I also made a very strategic move which I still believe was a good one. As I said, I wasn't doing it to troll.

Titus, I am not a supersaint, I don't know where you got that idea.

In post 1809, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:In case you all decide to character claim though, I am Kevin.

Like, "massclaim is no good...but I'll claim anyway." Like they want to be opposed to it, but fit in anyway. Sky makes a good point about the Kevin character too, if we're talking flavor.

I also don't see the town motivation after replacing in to just blanket townread the neighborhood (while Constantine admitted to having a hard time jumping into the game), then in the neighborhood PT flips to a scumread on Tunnel as an excuse to use their power to nuke a neighborhood and/or out certain powers (like the mass commute, and the fake dayvig that was clearly town motivated by Tunnel to prevent Constantine from nuking). The amished tell in 1772 (no idea why Bins did this) and the 1776 (tunnel is confscum) are p bad, then sending in the PM to nuke the neighborhood (realizing when he nukes a bunch of town powers, then it will appear super scummy) so he takes it back. No lack of remorse, then a brief bit of remorse (1812), then going back to saying it made his day (1820, 1828). The naked sheep of the NicCage wagon is notable too.

I will say, what gives me pause with Constantine is they don't really have scum motivation to come to my defense in 1885 in my 1v1 with Sonic, except in the case where Sonic happens to be town and Constantine is scum, trying to drive a mislynch of Sonic.

Finally - we either have a really powered town and then scum has to be really powered, or maybe we're giving everyone with these powers too much town cred:
- a day vig (ricastle)
- a reflexive kill and a mass commute of a large neighborhood they can create (Tunnel - flipped town)
- a gladiate (sonic)
- a vanillaizer of a whole neighborhood (Constantine)

Either Constantine or Sonic flipping could give us a lot of information.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:21 am

Post by Skybird »

Ricastle, if you had questions about why I changed my read on Vezok, why didn't you ask? I thought I did explain my change on him but since you claim I didn't, I'll do it again. I didn't like the way Vezok came in and immediately demanded that we lynch Beer because he claimed scum. It came out later that Vezok was a double voter and everybody is saying that role is town. In post 393 I point out that in a recent game we had a scum double voter and I didn't think we should assume that Vezok was town. I do admit that I don't have as much experience as some other players so I put Vezok into the null pile at that point. In post 522, I admitted that Vezok was probably town. Another part of the reason was his response to the question I asked him in 518. He had made a statement in post 515 about not trusting people if they didn't vote Beer. I challenged him on that and he came back with a decent response instead of a sarcastic/smart aleck response. I think scum Vezok would have blown me off instead of responding. And I don't know why you think I was trying to stay on his good side. I flat out told him that I would not put down a vote on Beer just to get a town read from him.

Could you point out where I said I was lurking because I didn't have anything to say? I just read my ISO and didn't see it. Are you sure you have the right person?

Grapes, I haven't forgotten you and will continue the conversation soon. But right now, I have to go fishing. :D
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:44 am

Post by Ricastle »

It came out later? No it didn't. Vezok was confirmed doublevoter at the start of page 2.

In post 522, Skybird wrote:I'm not jumping on Beer yet because his wagon seems too convenient. I don't know how to explain it better than that right now. I do see the points against him and will most likely vote him soon. But I'm not going to rush myself just to get a town read from you.
This is compensation to keep things as passive as possible.

As for your stance on lurking:
In post 2188, Skybird wrote:If I don't have something to say, I'm not going to post.
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:16 am

Post by NicCage »

I'm pretty much trash this game and I completely feel for replace in, I'm in the same boat. Even though I don't have much in the way of scum reads I do have townreads, and so since I don't know how else to jump into the game I just wanna say that I think both skybird and replace are town. I thought radmann was town yesterday because he said he was willing to claim his role in order to help people read him. I didn't know at the time that mods generally give out fake claims, but I still feel like that new scum would be like "oh I'll just claim" immediately on being scumread. I thought that mindset fit town better since several other players had mentioned parts of their roles and he would have felt like that was a normal thing to do.

For skybird, I felt like she has been fairly genuine if not always super effective at asking questions. I'll reread her later to make sure though
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:21 am

Post by CooLDoG »

prod dodge, back tomorrow when i have time for this mess
after a wank.
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:31 am

Post by Sonic X »

holy shit grapes.... Your avatar.... It's GORGEOUS!!
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Sonic X »

too many walls folks, I'll read them later when I'm more motivated
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:34 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2202, grapes wrote:
In post 2195, farside22 wrote:So I'm officially scum reading grapes now.
These last two pages of his reason why he is scum reading sky is utter crap.
He states other scum reads but doesn't push on anyone and then bitches about people not being as active when his post count is low and very underwhelming.

Vote: grapes

sup farside

how's it going

What about my thoughts on skybird do you specifically not like? That might help me understand exactly why you think it's utter crap. I mean it was basically an expounding on what I posted the start of this phase, so, were you just waiting to say this or did you just now notice?

I also don't like how you're going after me for something that's like at best just a difference in opinion about how to scum hunt. Like if you think I'm barking up the wrong tree then then you've kept pretty quiet about how strongly you've been townreading skybird to my memory. And even then I think it's weird for you to call my push scum motivated just because you think it's bad anyway.

It's the same mantra repeatedly with nothing added.
Just because you sit there pointing to the same player saying the same thing doesn't make you town or look genuine.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by Skybird »

Ricastle, thanks for pointing out post 2188. I was looking for me saying I lurked or something like that. I feel it's a damned if I do or damned if I don't type of thing with posting. I am and will always be a low post count poster. I post when I have something to say or if I want clarification on what someone else posted. I try to interact with people by asking questions. But I will not spam the thread with irrelevant stuff just to up my post count.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 2201, grapes wrote:

Have I not laid that out loud and clear already? On the same page you posted this?

Tbh I'd really rather you talk about your reads and thoughts on the game and stuff. Because most of my problems with you actually stem from getting vibes of you holding back, at least at the core. That would have a double effect of helping me read you, others read you AND I. And wouldn't clog up the thread with a redundant case wall of things I've pretty much already said that half the players here would be less likely to read anyway.

Like what's your read on me frogger and farside would be a cool start?

To me, you case read like you didn't like my questions because you couldn't tell what I was getting out of them or where I was going. I can tell you I didn't ask just to ask. I've already explained to Ricastle that I don't post just to post. So if I asked someone a question, there was a reason. It may have looked like I just dropped the line of questioning or something, but I did get something from it that I'm not always going to explain. I'm just going to say that how a person responds to your question, how they answer it or ignore it, can say quite a bit about their mindset.

I have a null-scum read on you. I don't automatically assume you are town just because you are a double voter. You also were resistant to Reasonably Rational when they were trying to see how both your and Vezok's double voting abilities worked. If you are town, why not help town understand how it works.

Frogger is a town read for me. He was very forth-coming about his vote moving ability and his posts about it have felt genuine.

Farside is also a town read. She is involved and scum hunting.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:55 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

The Hermit
I was thinking that maybe was just not a good player or maybe off with his play. His nuking his PT could just be a dumb townie move. I know I made those as well. I kinda played it off as such. What really got me concern about Hermit is his naked vote on NC. He never mention NC in any previous posts as far I can tell, he never said why , and has not mention or push for a NC Vote, After I started to look at his naked vote I went through the whole nuke incident again but without the blinders on. He has yet to admit he was wrong and admit his actions were bad, Yes TW shouldn't of claimed vig but nuking them and than getting them vigged is not town at all.
So yeah the Hermit has to die

VOTE: The Hermit

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”