Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:03 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 2249, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Just read up from yesterday and.. I wanna interact with someone.

Grapes, you're so sure of your Skybird read, and you told me not to be the vote police, but maybe you could just.. tell us where you're going with the Skybird vote? Is it a wagon or not? Is a it a super secret gambit? You can just say that you're trying to get Skybird lynched, I don't know why you got all defensive when I asked about it.

Ooh interact with me interact with me!!

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:28 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Okay!

In post 2244, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2227, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:For the last time, my role isn't a vannilalizer. It only removes x shot abilities. After tonight it will most likely be powerless.

This is disingenuous.

1) Assumes people have roles with shots they're going to want to use quickly.
2) Assumes peoples shots aren't going to regenerate, even though the setup clearly indicated some do.
3) Insinuates that you can only do this once, even though it's entirely possible your shots recharge like others do.

Why did you clarify that your ability only removes limited shots?

Finally, why are you working to make yourself appear non-threatening? Scum will determine your threat level independently of any assertions you make here, by deciding how likely they think it is you'll invade a neighborhood they're part of AND think they're scum AND be willing to say fuck you to the other person in there. It seems like the only people you'd want to appear non threatening to are town...and that makes me feel uncertain in my town read on you.

So, Constantine is scum and I still have to talk about this, because apparently this is making you uncertain of your townread on Constantine. Is this one comment really enough to shake your read, even a little? Like, all the other stuff that's been going on, and this is what makes you say 'hm, maybe I have to rethink Constantine..."

1) You're assuming Constantine is being disingenuous, as opposed to having a lack of knowledge.
2) They clarified their ability only removes limited shots because it does. Are you saying you would have received them better if they'd covered up information?
3) They're not saying that they can only do this once. They're saying their role will probably not be useful again because the limited-shot abilities have already been used. Did I miss where they said that their ability is limited shot?
Those points you've put down as evidence for that Constantine knows more than they are saying here are kind of weak. Why did you feel the need to outline them? There's being analytical, and then there's just being nit-picky.

And finally:
Why is this only 'making your townread uncertain'. Why isn't Constantine scum?
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:38 am

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Max
what do you think of The Hermit naked vote and not trying to make any push on someone he sees as scum???
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:39 am

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

same question to RR
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:01 pm

Maxwell, I enjoy playing with you. So, before anything else, I should address why Constantine isn't scum(to this head of the hydra at least).

There's no gain for scum i can see from the way bins entered the pt, and then the way the situation was handled from that point forward.

Why expose the existence of a secondary power to *3* other players? What does the slot get out of it, other than a boatload of attention? Then, when Constantine came in, again, why threaten us. I really don't see how anything in that sequence of events notably benefits scum, in a way that outweigh the risk of just getting outright lynched. They saw the day before that just a single person pressuring and harping on about scummy behavior in a PT got someone lynched. What they did was the exact same, except to 3 slots, not just one.

In addition...knowing that tunnel wasn't on your team, and had announced the ability to gather up 5 total people in one giant alliance in one night...why wouldn't you just take the opportunity to join the group *that* night, if you were willing to sacrifice the slot(which is the only thing those threats they made seemed likely to accomplish), and make sure none of your teammates are in there(or maybe *one* teammate is in there, who wouldn't lose anything from your power), and blow up all of them? Assuming bins/saint is scum, and actually has the power stated, why would they use it so poorly?

The only marginal evidence i can see for the chance of that slot being scum, is if that power actually didn't exist, and they were making a gambit to rolefish people...but with the environment in our pt, if they had just managed to win our confidence, it's very likely we were have all been working together with few reservations, if not for the hostility displayed by that slot. And even if it was a gambit...again, the potential gains aren't worth losing a member over. So, again, it just doesn't make much sense for scum to play it at all that way.

Now, as to why that post makes me question him(even a tiny bit(which is about how much it's making me question him)), is that I feel like the post is designed to, as I said, minimize his threat. It sounds like it could be meant to make town think "Oh. That's not as bad as I thought it was. We don't need to PL this slot because it's too dangerous if he gets it wrong," while simultaneously explaining why scum wouldn't shoot him...because, again, it's not *that* threatening. It feels very self serving, in the guise of giving out extra information.

-Cerb

pedit: I think I need to look at the circumstances, because I was really more focused on the interaction between grapes and skybird, but I'd be willing to nakedly vote niccage myself if I were to iso him and find out that the accusations people are making towards him seem reasonable. I mean, would it have been better if he just went and quotes the post where someone else made a case against niccage, and then voted? that's basically what he's done, except he waited for you to ask him before he specified the reason why he voted.
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by NicCage »

What exactly is the case against me anyway? I think far was voting me because she thought my beer vote was bad, and frog thinks my reads are too follow-the-crowd. Are these the reasons your voting me for constantine?
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 2254, Reasonably Rational wrote:

There's no gain for scum i can see from the way bins entered the pt, and then the way the situation was handled from that point forward.

Why expose the existence of a secondary power to *3* other players? What does the slot get out of it, other than a boatload of attention? Then, when Constantine came in, again, why threaten us. I really don't see how anything in that sequence of events notably benefits scum, in a way that outweigh the risk of just getting outright lynched. They saw the day before that just a single person pressuring and harping on about scummy behavior in a PT got someone lynched. What they did was the exact same, except to 3 slots, not just one.

In addition...knowing that tunnel wasn't on your team, and had announced the ability to gather up 5 total people in one giant alliance in one night...why wouldn't you just take the opportunity to join the group *that* night, if you were willing to sacrifice the slot(which is the only thing those threats they made seemed likely to accomplish), and make sure none of your teammates are in there(or maybe *one* teammate is in there, who wouldn't lose anything from your power), and blow up all of them? Assuming bins/saint is scum, and actually has the power stated, why would they use it so poorly?

The only marginal evidence i can see for the chance of that slot being scum, is if that power actually didn't exist, and they were making a gambit to rolefish people..
.but with the environment in our pt, if they had just managed to win our confidence, it's very likely we were have all been working together with few reservations, if not for the hostility displayed by that slot. And even if it was a gambit...again, the potential gains aren't worth losing a member over. So, again, it just doesn't make much sense for scum to play it at all that way.

Now, as to why that post makes me question him(even a tiny bit(which is about how much it's making me question him)), is that
I feel like the post is designed to, as I said, minimize his threat.
It sounds like it could be meant to make town think "Oh. That's not as bad as I thought it was. We don't need to PL this slot because it's too dangerous if he gets it wrong," while simultaneously explaining why scum wouldn't shoot him...because, again, it's not *that* threatening. It feels very self serving, in the guise of giving out extra information.

You say that the only way he could be scum in your eyes is if the power was a gambit... but you think that's unlikely, as you've explained. However, it's 'the chance of that slot being scum', so..

If you believe that the post is designed to make Constantine look less threatening, why make that original fake role-destruction gambit at all?

The only thing I could think of for your narrative is that town Constantine made a mistake, and is now backpedaling and trying to make himself look less threatening than he originally presented himself to be. That seems kind of silly, because Constantine's whole original plan was to protect himself by threatening to blow up everybody.

I'm seeing it as scum trying to stay alive in what they thought was a hostile environment (your PT), and then changing tactics once the conversation was brought to the thread (undoing the threat of blowing up a portion of someone's role).

Reasonably Rational wrote:
pedit: I think I need to look at the circumstances, because I was really more focused on the interaction between grapes and skybird, but I'd be willing to nakedly vote niccage myself if I were to iso him and find out that the accusations people are making towards him seem reasonable. I mean, would it have been better if he just went and quotes the post where someone else made a case against niccage, and then voted? that's basically what he's done, except he waited for you to ask him before he specified the reason why he voted.

Farside did the same thing with the Replace In vote. Is that situation different to you?

Fuzzy: Constantine's too busy with trying not to die to be worried about making cases.
Fuzzy, what do you think about everyone's accusations/complaints against you, saying that you're just looking at the surface of events as they happen, and not thinking too deeply about, well, anything. Does it make you want to change your play? Are you alright with how you've been playing? I mean, you've already said a lynch against you was justified.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:34 pm

In post 2256, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 2254, Reasonably Rational wrote:

The only marginal evidence i can see for the chance of that slot being scum, is if that power actually didn't exist, and they were making a gambit to rolefish people..
.but with the environment in our pt, if they had just managed to win our confidence, it's very likely we were have all been working together with few reservations, if not for the hostility displayed by that slot. And even if it was a gambit...again, the potential gains aren't worth losing a member over. So, again, it just doesn't make much sense for scum to play it at all that way.

Now, as to why that post makes me question him(even a tiny bit(which is about how much it's making me question him)), is that
I feel like the post is designed to, as I said, minimize his threat.
It sounds like it could be meant to make town think "Oh. That's not as bad as I thought it was. We don't need to PL this slot because it's too dangerous if he gets it wrong," while simultaneously explaining why scum wouldn't shoot him...because, again, it's not *that* threatening. It feels very self serving, in the guise of giving out extra information.

You say that the only way he could be scum in your eyes is if the power was a gambit... but you think that's unlikely, as you've explained. However, it's 'the chance of that slot being scum', so..

If you believe that the post is designed to make Constantine look less threatening, why make that original fake role-destruction gambit at all?

The only thing I could think of for your narrative is that town Constantine made a mistake, and is now backpedaling and trying to make himself look less threatening than he originally presented himself to be. That seems kind of silly, because Constantine's whole original plan was to protect himself by threatening to blow up everybody.

I'm seeing it as scum trying to stay alive in what they thought was a hostile environment (your PT), and then changing tactics once the conversation was brought to the thread (undoing the threat of blowing up a portion of someone's role).

Reasonably Rational wrote:

Farside did the same thing with the Replace In vote. Is that situation different to you?

Fuzzy: Constantine's too busy with trying not to die to be worried about making cases.
Fuzzy, what do you think about everyone's accusations/complaints against you, saying that you're just looking at the surface of events as they happen, and not thinking too deeply about, well, anything. Does it make you want to change your play? Are you alright with how you've been playing? I mean, you've already said a lynch against you was justified.

I don't see why him as scum wouldn't, after the gambit failed and he sees pushes against him, come to the thread to and make the post in question to decrease how threatening he seems to be.

Now, in regards to the way you see the situation...i don't feel our PT was especially hostile while the bins slot was there. Before he started threatening us, trench wanted to sort him, so we could know if we could proceed discussing things freely in there. Drixx wanted to lynch the slot for invading our pt, and then threatening it, and I wanted to talk to them and see what was going on. Tunnel wasn't there much at all, and didn't even really seem to respond to their presence i the pt when he first posted. Tunnel only really seemed to acknowledge constantine when he reacted to titus' decision to push their slot and talk about getting them lynched by threatening us, in spite of a previously declared town read on all of us.

So...I get what you're saying, and I guess maybe he could have felt more threatened than he should have(I don't know how much experience he has with any of the players involved in that PT) but it really wasn't very threatening at all.

RE: Farside...without looking at the situation, i'm going to tentatively say yes, it was likely the same, but I need to look at the cases, and I'm about to clock out. I'll be back shortly.

-Cerb
Show

MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I only have what you guys say about the PT to know how threatening or non-threatening it was, but you said here that both Drixx and Titus wanted to lynch Constantine for invading the PT. You say that scum wouldn't have reacted like that, but isn't it possible for a scared scum to take that (Drixx and Titus wanting them lynched) as a threat, particularly if said scum thought one of the townies in there had a dayvig?

And about Farside + Constantine's votes.. is there anything wrong with seeing a case you like and following it? Is it objectively bad to do so? Not at all. When that's all you do, that's when it becomes an issue, but the single act of doing so isn't really scummy. I think that's what you were originally saying in response to fuzzy, though, Cerb. That there isn't much one can do when they see a case they like besides 1) make a naked vote in response to that case, or 2) quote the case and then vote.

Well, one can also do 3) Try to find more evidence for the case, and add to it, which can either be to get more pressure on a wagon you like (town), or to avoid being called a sheep (scum).
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm seeing a lot of blah, blah and blah with agreements.
I typically see town fight with town while scum lie back.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by farside22 »

But yeah I would rather have focus and working together then the arguments
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

The initial conversation, with the exception of drixx, was all quite friendly. It was only after bins spoke and mentioned that using their other power would be anti town, and so they wouldn't use it, that Titus started to lean on the slot. The one indicating they had a day vig....wasn't even in the conversation, and didn't threaten him with it until he threatened us. Meh. I guess it's all kinda hard to parse if you can't read the flow yourself. And yes, you and I had similar thoughts about named voting on the basis of a case someone else made.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Fluminator is replacing out.
Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by Trench Warfare »

@Farside, partially agreeing. This game is definitely suffering from too many chiefs and not enough chieftains. Everyone wants to be the hero, but that's not going to happen if we can't work together. So everyone, if they haven't already, should make a case on the person they are voting. Maybe that will help.
St Constantine the Hermit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:25 pm

Post by St Constantine the Hermit »

I thought Chiefs and Chieftains were the same thing?
Show
Aye, let old constantine spin ye a tale...

Book of Constantine (Protestant) 214: 112 - God hates you
Book of Constantine (Catholic) 214:112 - God doesn't like you
Book of Constantine (Orthodox) 214:112 - God tolerates you
Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Trench Warfare »

No. Chiefs are leaders. Chieftans follow Chiefs.

~Titus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:36 pm

Waw?

chieftain. early 14c., cheftayne "ruler, chief, head" of something, from Anglo-French chiefteyn, Old French chevetain "captain, chief, leader," from Late Latin capitaneus "commander," from Latin capitis, genitive of caput "head" (see capitulum).

cheif. a leader or ruler of a people or clan

thesaurus. cheaftain. synonyms - cheif, ect.

Why are you lying, Scum! Okay guys, we caught Titus red handed. Who's in for a lynch?
Show

Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:05 pm

Post by Ricastle »

The case on Replace In:
Spoiler:
In post 419, Ricastle wrote:Just ISOed radmann and he is now a top scumread. is possibly the worst post in the game so far. His two later posts also contain a huge unprecedented contradiction: In he says that Beer "may very well be town, but TW is right about the amount of information a lynch would provide". Then suddenly in he digs up a post 100 posts prior to his earlier statement, and uses it to claim that Beer is scum. And this was apparently his reason for voting Beer in , the same post where he said Beer may very well be town? Bullshit.

In post 447, Ricastle wrote:
In post 446, radmann9 wrote:Also I can reveal my role if that would help alleviate the scumreads like Mr. Mayor over there.
This needs death.

In post 527, Ricastle wrote:No, he needs death for that statement because he's cautiously setting up a fakeclaim which he's transparently hoping will clear him, and referring to a claim everyone is passing as town to subtilely and preemptively make his claim more believable. And the wording is generally awful.

In post 2194, Ricastle wrote:So on that note, we should all vote Replace In! He's posted what, three times today, and hasn't provided any meaningful progressive content in the entire duration of his time here. The main point is that he replaced into the god-awful radmann slot and has done nothing to counteract the legacy of their play. I also personally found it pretty weird that he went to the wiki to back up his claim when one's town PM and the flavour in that should be sufficient for anyone who doesn't watch SU. I don't know if fakeclaims have their own quotes, though, which is one problem.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:26 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Walls.
Words.
Me, in the thread.
Seeing them.
Mind.
Giant, "Meh".
Gone.

I'm sorry, but that's what I'm seeing. Nothing is really, well, feeling productive.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:08 am

Post by Varsoon »

Bookitty replaces Fluminator~<3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:21 am

5 bucks the new guy votes St Constantine
Show

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

"Let me give you the tour. These are the extra supplies: Cups, plastic silverware. Sometimes I sleep on the napkins when I get tired."
-Sadie
Joking Victim

"Is that why they’re called
nap
kins?"
-Steven
Joking Victim

VOTECOUNT 2.12

St Constantine the Hermit (4):
MaxwellPuckett, Trench Warfare, Skybird, Thefuzzylogic99
NicCage (3):
Vezokpiraka, Vezokpiraka, St Constantine the Hermit
Sonic X (2):
fro99er, CooLDoG
Fro99er (2):
grapes, Sonic X
Replace in (2):
Ricastle, farside22
Thefuzzylogic99 (2):
Fluminator, Replace in
Skybird (1):
grapes
Ricastle (1):
Reasonably Rational

Not Voting (2):
NicCage, Mastin2

With 17 Alive, it takes 9 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2015-07-30 07:20:00)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:29 am

Post by farside22 »

Hi boo!!!!

Trench: that is exactly the problem. It needs to focus.

Mastin: I want to lynch you every time you post. You have done nothing all game but bitched. Tell me why I should believe anything you say?
If your town scum hunt, but I'm itching to vote you and not wait till day 3. You need to give something to this game, other then throwing your role out there.

In regards to my vote on nic: I actually presented a case and reason that got ignored.
I did like and agree about replace-In comments made by ric

Finally in regards to grapes, standing by a read and saying the same thing is a scumtell in my book. The lack of movement and flow, trying to figure the person out, he isn't doing that. Sky calls him out about it and he just says the same thing again.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:20 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I'm also totally behind a Replace In lynch. If that one ends up having more traction that Constantine, I'll move.

That said, I've already explained my read on Constantine but I can make like a full-on detailed case later today, and I guess you'll be doing so as well, Titus.

Also: Chief and chieftain are totally synonyms. Unless you have a source that says otherwise?
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:10 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I know I promised post yesterday, but had life happen and sleep depribed now, will do later, maybe?
after a wank.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”