grapes
Marquis (1):
MaxwellPuckett
Ricastle (1):
NicCage
Skybird (1):
Marquis

Not Voting (7):
Reasonably Rational, Fluminator, Thefuzzylogic99, Skybird, Bins, Mastin2, Trench Warfare

With 20 Alive, it takes 11 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2015-07-13 06:50:00)

Due to the surprisingly low amount of SU-related imagery being posted, I've edited a few relevant/humorous images into my 'trivia' bumps. Enjoy <3
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:14 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 442, Cheetory6 wrote:We have differing opinions on meta.
I won't use meta as an end-all be-all tool for reading people, but I will use it as a basis for figuring out if someone seems off or not.
If radmann is always weird in his posting style in general, it makes him seem less scummy for it here, no?

I'll be watching this carefully.

In post 447, Ricastle wrote:
In post 446, radmann9 wrote:Also I can reveal my role if that would help alleviate the scumreads like Mr. Mayor over there.
This needs death.

Far, are you still up for alliance? If not, anyone else interested? I'd like to believe I obvtown pretty quickly in neighborhoods.

I mean, to be fair, it isn't necessarily a scum play to not reveal, it just seems like the way that he has gone about asking for it is scummy as fuck. I mean, scum would kill him if his role did good shit, but bringing this stuff up d1 and out of no where is not a town play.
In post 467, TunnelWarriors wrote:My claim has been oddly ignored by most, I want people to discuss it's utility and suggest possible blocs as I basically make existing blocs stronger while also weeding out scum who try to sneak in.
Anyway, I'm seriously starting to doubt my beer read and unless vezok actually paraphrases beer gloating he succesully claimed scum (as well as the initial claim) I'm not switching back anytime soon.
VOTE: Radman
This however I fully endorse.

you and radman or mastina, or the mason, whoever that was. There is some pretty obvious shit that you can confirm n1.

In post 471, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Whoever said that you should probably focus on getting towny people in there, instead of people you're unsure about, was right. I don't remember who.

Unless you're confident in your ability to sort once they're in a smaller group?

I mean, having someone down as 'not town' is much more valuable than having town in a group, just saying. If I understand the ability correctly that is.

In post 484, Ra9in9 Bull wrote:So someone told me this game still existed.....

Does someone want to give me a TLDR of this or should i just go randomly isoing and hope for best?

I have read the last 20 fucking pages, you don't get out of this. Don't be lazy please. Especially considering grapes just came in a voted for you.
after a wank.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:41 am

Post by Ricastle »

No, he needs death for that statement because he's cautiously setting up a fakeclaim which he's transparently hoping will clear him, and referring to a claim everyone is passing as town to subtilely and preemptively make his claim more believable. And the wording is generally awful.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:42 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 448, Beer wrote:........................................................

In what way was your question helpful? Obviously we are in alliance so obviously the answer was obvious.

Not only that, but the main point I was making was that the question you were asking was going nowhere. Asking it would not help you get a better grasp of the situation. Yet you repeated it like there was some merit to the question and it required an answer for some reason. No. No, it didn't, and this is contributory to the overall picture with your play so far; an insincere approach to scum hunting.

Just because something isn't useful for you, doesn't mean that it's useless for me. I'm clarifying a claim that contradicts what was publicly mentioned in the rules about neighborhood mechanics, so fucking pardon me if I was confused and wanted to understand what was going on. Also, what's obvious to you isn't necessarily obvious to everybody else, so go fuck yourself. Especially when you think you're going to lecture me about "helpful", fucking lol.

You seem to draw a lot of conclusions about it's not how 'town' would go about things, well I play town differently from you and this is something you should know.

In post 448, Beer wrote:I would hesitate to ever use the term "scum tell", but the way you were phrasing that post (and, in my opinion, most of your other posts) is indicative of a scum mindset. It shows you're overly conscious of how people are reading you and reading into the things you're saying, but not in a good way.

The bolded paragraph would have made sense without that part. That part was unnecessary. In my opinion, so was the "if you are townreading me" part as well (which I also think is a little telling and if you ever claim something that doesn't explain this, then I feel my point about this is even stronger).

I think the reason you phrased it the way you did is because you wanted to come across as a town player who was being reasonable, but the way you wrote it just suggests to me that you weren't thinking like you would have as town.

That's just like, your opinion man. This is just a 'gotcha' game that eliminates any room for town interpretation. Have you considered the town motivation for my post? Did you read that the part where "I think it's better to claim this early" == I was hesitant to claim it? Behold, 'master of tone', you're casually omitting town-tells which would have been noticed at such deep a level of analysis, in order to push your agenda, rather than genuine scumhunting.

See what I did? I made whatever you said good for me. You're harping on tone rather than substance -- and belittling your detractors to make them seem that they should not be listened to. I've already observed you doing this to Mastin.

In post 448, Beer wrote:If by an "overwhelming number" you mean Ricastle and Titus, then you and I seem to have very different ideas about what an overwhelming number looks like.

You're right. I was wrong. My hydra partner hated it too, so that makes 3, but welp.

What exactly do you mean when Titus is a 'unique' player? Have you played with her before?

In post 448, Beer wrote:Also, the "lmao" on the end is primarily what I mean when I'm referring to tone. It was out of place. Either he recognised it was a joke post and was laughing at it (in which case, the entire preceding sentiment doesn't fit) or he didn't and was laughing because he thought it was incredibly scummy or something (in which case, my point about how you're post in a way that isn't indicative of a town mindset is strengthened).

Or he recognised it as something incredibly scummy and was glad and/or heartened to see that his faithful hydra partner was already on public enemy number 1. Keep continuing to plaster "reads" based on 'tone' to further your agenda.

You should probably explain better what you mean by "post in a way that isn't indicative of a town mindset is strengthened", because apparently an overwhelming number of people (that's right, I got it right this time) have mentioned that few of your posts are of a town mindset. They're arguing in support of you because of "too scummy to be scum".

So yeah, we have 'very different ideas' about what a 'town mindset' looks like.

In post 448, Beer wrote:The way both you and your partner are approaching this game seems overly aggressive in a way that doesn't make a lot of sense to me, and the things you're saying are not things I would expect you (or really, any player) to write as town. The way you're responding to me, for example, looks incredibly hollow. This "refutation" of my points isn't even a refutation and most of it fails to even comprehend what I was saying. Not only that, but you keep insisting that I'm obviously scum but you can't seem to make points that explain why you think this. In fact, you end this very post off with trying to suggest that my points are incredibly weak, but... what exactly have your points against me been? This example of hypocrisy is only a minor issue I have with you, when considering your overall approach to the game, which seems to be just throwing dirt at me, throwing out reads that don't look sincere to me in any way and playing with an aggressive nature that is unbefitting for what's actually taking place in this game. Everything you write looks fake.

:lol:

First of all, I'm a very aggressive player. So is ZZZX. That's the way it is. If it "doesn't make a lot of sense" to you, then get that into your head.

I love the fact that you put we failed to "comprehend" you. We understand you rather well. You're overdefensive and belittles everyone who scumreads you. That's not a townie mindset at all. And really, you made few points, fewer were refutable -- they weren't even based on substance, more of "This is bad" "That isn't from a townie mindset". This fails to base *anything* on objective fact. You might as well repeat "you're scum" 30 times over at me, and at least you come across more honest and less misrepresentative of the validity of your points.

You dismiss whatever we do as "too aggressive" and "fake", but it doesn't follow through at all. Hypocrisy? When you're telling me about "making helpful posts"? Yeah, that's rich.

_____

In post 451, Beer wrote:It looks like you're softly suggesting that you think Ricastle is scum attacking two town players (with some made-up statistic) but that conflicts with your view that I'm "obvscum".

I'm admitting a theoretical possibility. You're still obvscum to me but *gasp* there's always a chance of me being wrong.

Heck, his post doesn't even look good if you *do* flip scum. Seems like a 3rd person being flippant about our conversation here. His "PoE" reasoning is lazy and shouldn't be possible by a legit town player at page 12, but *shrug* he's "a newbie".

Fact of the matter, I was townreading him before that post, which I considered a scumtell.
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:43 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 527, Ricastle wrote:No, he needs death for that statement because he's cautiously setting up a fakeclaim which he's transparently hoping will clear him, and referring to a claim everyone is passing as town to subtilely and preemptively make his claim more believable. And the wording is generally awful.

Who are you talking about?
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:43 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 454, Beer wrote:Thinking about that from the perspective of town and scum motivation is a silly thing to do.

Conversely, what's the scum motivation for egging on someone who thinks I'm scum?

What the literal fuck?
oopsies! haha!

Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:47 am

Post by Sonic X »

In post 528, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 448, Beer wrote:........................................................

In what way was your question helpful? Obviously we are in alliance so obviously the answer was obvious.

Not only that, but the main point I was making was that the question you were asking was going nowhere. Asking it would not help you get a better grasp of the situation. Yet you repeated it like there was some merit to the question and it required an answer for some reason. No. No, it didn't, and this is contributory to the overall picture with your play so far; an insincere approach to scum hunting.

Just because something isn't useful for you, doesn't mean that it's useless for me. I'm clarifying a claim that contradicts what was publicly mentioned in the rules about neighborhood mechanics, so fucking pardon me if I was confused and wanted to understand what was going on. Also, what's obvious to you isn't necessarily obvious to everybody else, so go fuck yourself. Especially when you think you're going to lecture me about "helpful", fucking lol.

You seem to draw a lot of conclusions about it's not how 'town' would go about things, well I play town differently from you and this is something you should know.

In post 448, Beer wrote:I would hesitate to ever use the term "scum tell", but the way you were phrasing that post (and, in my opinion, most of your other posts) is indicative of a scum mindset. It shows you're overly conscious of how people are reading you and reading into the things you're saying, but not in a good way.

The bolded paragraph would have made sense without that part. That part was unnecessary. In my opinion, so was the "if you are townreading me" part as well (which I also think is a little telling and if you ever claim something that doesn't explain this, then I feel my point about this is even stronger).

I think the reason you phrased it the way you did is because you wanted to come across as a town player who was being reasonable, but the way you wrote it just suggests to me that you weren't thinking like you would have as town.

That's just like, your opinion man. This is just a 'gotcha' game that eliminates any room for town interpretation. Have you considered the town motivation for my post? Did you read that the part where "I think it's better to claim this early" == I was hesitant to claim it? Behold, 'master of tone', you're casually omitting town-tells which would have been noticed at such deep a level of analysis, in order to push your agenda, rather than genuine scumhunting.

See what I did? I made whatever you said good for me. You're harping on tone rather than substance -- and belittling your detractors to make them seem that they should not be listened to. I've already observed you doing this to Mastin.

In post 448, Beer wrote:If by an "overwhelming number" you mean Ricastle and Titus, then you and I seem to have very different ideas about what an overwhelming number looks like.

You're right. I was wrong. My hydra partner hated it too, so that makes 3, but welp.

What exactly do you mean when Titus is a 'unique' player? Have you played with her before?

In post 448, Beer wrote:Also, the "lmao" on the end is primarily what I mean when I'm referring to tone. It was out of place. Either he recognised it was a joke post and was laughing at it (in which case, the entire preceding sentiment doesn't fit) or he didn't and was laughing because he thought it was incredibly scummy or something (in which case, my point about how you're post in a way that isn't indicative of a town mindset is strengthened).

Or he recognised it as something incredibly scummy and was glad and/or heartened to see that his faithful hydra partner was already on public enemy number 1. Keep continuing to plaster "reads" based on 'tone' to further your agenda.

You should probably explain better what you mean by "post in a way that isn't indicative of a town mindset is strengthened", because apparently an overwhelming number of people (that's right, I got it right this time) have mentioned that few of your posts are of a town mindset. They're arguing in support of you because of "too scummy to be scum".

So yeah, we have 'very different ideas' about what a 'town mindset' looks like.

In post 448, Beer wrote:The way both you and your partner are approaching this game seems overly aggressive in a way that doesn't make a lot of sense to me, and the things you're saying are not things I would expect you (or really, any player) to write as town. The way you're responding to me, for example, looks incredibly hollow. This "refutation" of my points isn't even a refutation and most of it fails to even comprehend what I was saying. Not only that, but you keep insisting that I'm obviously scum but you can't seem to make points that explain why you think this. In fact, you end this very post off with trying to suggest that my points are incredibly weak, but... what exactly have your points against me been? This example of hypocrisy is only a minor issue I have with you, when considering your overall approach to the game, which seems to be just throwing dirt at me, throwing out reads that don't look sincere to me in any way and playing with an aggressive nature that is unbefitting for what's actually taking place in this game. Everything you write looks fake.

:lol:

First of all, I'm a very aggressive player. So is ZZZX. That's the way it is. If it "doesn't make a lot of sense" to you, then get that into your head.

I love the fact that you put we failed to "comprehend" you. We understand you rather well. You're overdefensive and belittles everyone who scumreads you. That's not a townie mindset at all. And really, you made few points, fewer were refutable -- they weren't even based on substance, more of "This is bad" "That isn't from a townie mindset". This fails to base *anything* on objective fact. You might as well repeat "you're scum" 30 times over at me, and at least you come across more honest and less misrepresentative of the validity of your points.

You dismiss whatever we do as "too aggressive" and "fake", but it doesn't follow through at all. Hypocrisy? When you're telling me about "making helpful posts"? Yeah, that's rich.

_____

In post 451, Beer wrote:It looks like you're softly suggesting that you think Ricastle is scum attacking two town players (with some made-up statistic) but that conflicts with your view that I'm "obvscum".

I'm admitting a theoretical possibility. You're still obvscum to me but *gasp* there's always a chance of me being wrong.

Heck, his post doesn't even look good if you *do* flip scum. Seems like a 3rd person being flippant about our conversation here. His "PoE" reasoning is lazy and shouldn't be possible by a legit town player at page 12, but *shrug* he's "a newbie".

Fact of the matter, I was townreading him before that post, which I considered a scumtell.

In post 529, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 527, Ricastle wrote:No, he needs death for that statement because he's cautiously setting up a fakeclaim which he's transparently hoping will clear him, and referring to a claim everyone is passing as town to subtilely and preemptively make his claim more believable. And the wording is generally awful.

Who are you talking about?

In post 530, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 454, Beer wrote:Thinking about that from the perspective of town and scum motivation is a silly thing to do.

Conversely, what's the scum motivation for egging on someone who thinks I'm scum?

What the literal fuck?

oops
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:48 am

Post by Sonic X »

In post 452, Beer wrote:I'm a player whose primary method of scum hunting is reading heavily into what (I think is) the underlying motivation behind the things someone writes (in case that wasn't already obvious from the things I'm saying about Sonic, for example).

lol

are you shitting me
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:53 am

Post by Ricastle »

In post 529, Metal Sonic wrote:Who are you talking about?
Radmann
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:55 am

Post by Sonic X »

lol, i don't remember that guy,

will ISO him later. somehow 4 people voting him
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:32 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Somehow, two of my posts in a row were eaten. ugh.

Umm, so i searched for "mason" and did not find any mention of it other than Cooldogs post. Did I miss something?

Tunnel: I have no objection to the proposed large alliance. I'm not sure what additional input you want regarding your roles utility. Any further planning requires knowledge of how many shots you have, any limitations your power might have, and basically just your full role, and I don't want that information.

I can understand the people who want to keep the alliances between mutual town reads, but I think it's much stronger to use as an opportunity to get additional interaction and conversation in with a null read or someone whose playstyle/thought process you simply don't understand well enough to determine if what they're doing in thread makes sense for town them or scum them.

Sure you're (marginally, and then only if your ability to identify town is incredibly accurate) more likely to involve scum in such an alliance, and perhaps enhance them somehow...but I certainly imagine whatever mechanical advantage scum get out of being in an alliance could be gained by allying internally. Perhaps I'm wrong, and they *can't* ally each other, or perhaps they don't get any benefit from it, or perhaps the benefit they get is stronger if allied with town. Sure. All possibilities. I just don't think it's we are all so good at identifying town, that we'll be able to prevent that from happening if we *only* ally with our town reads, and doing so puts us in a position where we likely wind up with people who don't end up allying, and thus we waste opportunities to gain more information about different slots, and utilize whatever benefits come from the alliances for town.

-Cerb
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:05 am

Post by Sonic X »

i read radmann's ISO. it is objectively bad.

but try as I might, I cannot find his "softclaim" or "bait" whatever his role is in his ISO:

In post 323, CooLDoG wrote:in essence radmann is trying to bait some night actions to target him. If it would give the town an advantage he should be more explicit about what his role is. This half-way bullshit makes me think it is some type of scum role.

someone needs to bold for me where cooldog got this read from
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:09 am

Post by Sonic X »

oh hiiiiiii cooldog

i have been longing to play with you

don't talk /about/ me, talk /to/ me, man!
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:14 am

Post by Sonic X »

oh yeah, i already noticed you, but you didn't say hi to me

about "cop me is scummy" thing, uh, I didn't ask for a "cop", I wanted actions on me. read the entire post and not cherry pick 1 word, bro.

and even assuming your point, calling me "scummy" for that makes 0 sense at all, especially when, y'know, <copping a scum will return a guilty result>, how on earth did you arrive at your conclusion, may I ask?
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:16 am

Post by Sonic X »

tunnelwarriors and reasonably rational are town btw

they are scumhunting
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:17 am

Post by Sonic X »

raging bull is only 'bad'... because ika?

frogger looks fine, townlean for now. I can read him, so I hope he generates more content to get a stronger read
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:25 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 539, Sonic X wrote:tunnelwarriors and reasonably rational are town btw

they are scumhunting

No rational is scum here.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:02 am

In post 541, farside22 wrote:
In post 539, Sonic X wrote:tunnelwarriors and reasonably rational are town btw

they are scumhunting

No rational is scum here.

Because reasons?
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:03 am

Post by Marquis »

i am extremely wary of this sonic.

i think i am scumreading this huge hydra slip move.
link in bio
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:03 am

Post by farside22 »

Why rational is scum.
1. Focus onset up.
2. Responds to stuff only directed to them
3. No scum hunting
4. Passive agressive bs when pushed to make reads.
5. Saying post eater reads fake
6. Pushed one scum read for weak reasons.

See spoiler for all quotes involved

Spoiler:
In post 43, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 6, mastin2 wrote:Varsoon is literally the worst.

He's lucky it's ME who got this role (because I'm too stubborn to replace out), because the VAST majority of Scummers, if they had the role I do, would quickly lose interest in the game and replace out/flake.

...Basically, I'm a tree stump with all the sucky parts but none of the benefits. I'm voteless, will become conftown on D3, and yet, distinctly,
lack
the immunity to actions (in particular, y'know, NIGHTKILLS) that come with 'stumps. Yeah. I'm a bit bitter.

In post 7, mastin2 wrote:(My vote is showing up in the list of votes though, so this is something which you'll probably want to test at some point. Needless to say, though, I'm telling the truth; I have no vote right now no matter what the votecount says.)

In post 27, Varsoon wrote:
"He’s a frozen treat with a whole new taste, because he came to this planet from outer space. A refugee of an interstellar war, but now he’s at your local grocery store. Cookie Cat! He’s a pet for your tummy! Cookie Cat! He’s super duper yummy! Cookie Cat! He left his family behind! Cookie Caaat!
Now available at Gurvhen's off route 109.

-Steven,
Gem Glow

VOTECOUNT 1.01

Beer (3):
vezokpiraka, vezokpiraka, Sonic X
Mastin2 (1):
Ricastle

Not Voting (17):
Cheetory6, MaxwellPuckett, Ra9in9 Bull, TunnelWarriors, Trench Warfare, CooLDoG, Beer, radmann9, NicCage, Reasonably Rational, Fluminator, Thefuzzylogic99, Skybird, Bins, Marquis, Mastin2

Deadline

In post 28, Ricastle wrote:Oh, I see.
Mastin is just plain voteless
, not an actual stump.

In post 29, vezokpiraka wrote:He claimed scum pretty much. It's pretty hard to paraphrase.

Also as you can see
I'm a double voter

Interesting. Double voter and no voter. Inclined to tentatively mark both as null town.

-Cerb

In post 113, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 48, Beer wrote:I might be tipsy, but Sonic looks really evil.

Reasonably Rational looks like a puke stain on the wall.

Grapes looks like that guy at a party who's trying too hard to impress and is actually really sleazy and someone who you should probably not befriend because they will do bad things to you after drugging you or something.

Hm.

VOTE: Sonic

Puke stain on the wall? Please, enlighten me.

In post 58, grapes wrote:Beer has the least annoying gimmick I've seen in a while. I think they're also pretty town so far in.

The biggest ping I've felt was reasonably rationals entrance. Just slightly awkward. Not sure if it was the overfocusing on claims part or just the outside looking in vibe I got from it but I'm interested in seeing more of them.

And more than half the playerlist for that matter.

What would you like to see more of from me? And yes, it was absolutely an outside looking in vibe, that's kinda how I approach things(I like that description). I try to take in an image of the game and how things interact and relate to each other.

In post 60, Trench Warfare wrote:Cerb, can you ask Drixx if we can ally? I think it would help the four of us read each other better tonight and get grips on things.

I have asked, I don't mind, contingent upon your slot not being super scummy today. It would be helpful to have insight into each others thoughts so we can avoid certain personality and play style frictions.

In post 107, Cheetory6 wrote:Or Beer/vezok could be scum, with a scum-flavoured role, with a fakeclaim to prevent massclaim bullshit on D1.

Unlikely. D1 bus, in the first few pages of the thread? And double voting scum? Yeah, I don't think so.

Entry post in the scum PT as yeah, I am scum, seems pretty dumb, but plausible I guess, as is the PT mix up. Willing to vote Beers slot, pending Drixxs approval, but unwilling to rush into a lynch.

-Cerb

In post 168, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 57, Trench Warfare wrote:
In post 29, vezokpiraka wrote:He claimed scum pretty much. It's pretty hard to paraphrase.

Also as you can see I'm a double voter.[/quote]

I am not so sure. I think I know what is going on with Mastina, but revealing what is a lie and what is true would be anti-town.

I will keep reading to see if that is right.

~Titus[/quote]

Titus completely walled herself in with the whole D3 thing. I don't see why anyone would want to even really do much more than keep notes on her before then. There's already much more interesting things (Like apparently a Bud Light spilling itself into the wrong PT). But ... it's a Bud Light ... I mean what are we
really
expecting here?
Spoiler:
In post 60, Trench Warfare wrote:Cerb, can you ask Drixx if we can ally? I think it would help the four of us read each other better tonight and get grips on things.

He asked, we concurred. Unless you derail into Scumville today we plan to attempt to do the thing. Great idea.
Spoiler:
In post 70, Trench Warfare wrote:We should all totally fuse. Each and every night. Day 1 we should fuse with people we don't understand to try and further the game and limit ego fights.

~Titus

This. So much this. If there's someone you just can't read or who can't read you, can you please go get a room tonight and figure it out? That should totally have been like a gigantic font PSA or something.

Spoiler:
In post 82, vezokpiraka wrote:No it's chill. We're totally roleplaying. But only in our private char. You know. For authenticity. /sarcasm.

WTF are you talking about roleplaying? I know Lars is a bit assholish in the show, but he's scum here.

Don't do this to me when I'm drinking my coffee. I had to clean up a mess.

Spoiler:
In post 135, Fluminator wrote:My role is pretty cool.
I have less cell service than I though so I doubt I'll be able to post much for the first week. I'll do my best.

Hi. I'm going to give an excuse to be a lurksack in my first post. Please don't notice.

Spoiler:
In post 152, Cheetory6 wrote:I'd be scared to rely too much on flavour.
Would be super duper probable that Varsoon would counterbalance that stuffs.

And cool cool, is it like a casual random pawnshop sorta place or like an EBgames?

I think Varsoon could design and balance around the actual show, as long as he provided the scum team with proper fake claims so that any kind of mass claim doesn't screw them. Yeah?

Spoiler:
In post 164, mastin2 wrote:
In post 28, Ricastle wrote:Oh, I see. Mastin is just plain voteless, not an actual stump.
Treestump = conftown who can't be targeted by anything, at the small price of not counting as alive and thus not having a vote. Sometimes triggered at will.
Me = will become conftown upon a trigger (D3), like a treestump, and being voteless, like a treestump, but lacking the immunity of a treestump, able to be voted, lynched, targeted by night actions, and nightkilled.

Like I said. All the sucky parts without any of the real benefits.

But I can't emphasize enough how much my vote should be on Beer right now. (After all, they're too filled with wine to be town!)

This gives me deja vu, but in a good way since I totally won that game. I'm sorry again, by the way. We should probably let Mastin mastastasize into whatever she's becoming.

~Drixx[/quote]
Spoiler:
In post 535, Reasonably Rational wrote:Somehow, two of my posts in a row were eaten. ugh.

Umm, so i searched for "mason" and did not find any mention of it other than Cooldogs post. Did I miss something?

Tunnel: I have no objection to the proposed large alliance. I'm not sure what additional input you want regarding your roles utility. Any further planning requires knowledge of how many shots you have, any limitations your power might have, and basically just your full role, and I don't want that information.

I can understand the people who want to keep the alliances between mutual town reads, but I think it's much stronger to use as an opportunity to get additional interaction and conversation in with a null read or someone whose playstyle/thought process you simply don't understand well enough to determine if what they're doing in thread makes sense for town them or scum them.

Sure you're (marginally, and then only if your ability to identify town is incredibly accurate) more likely to involve scum in such an alliance, and perhaps enhance them somehow...but I certainly imagine whatever mechanical advantage scum get out of being in an alliance could be gained by allying internally. Perhaps I'm wrong, and they *can't* ally each other, or perhaps they don't get any benefit from it, or perhaps the benefit they get is stronger if allied with town. Sure. All possibilities. I just don't think it's we are all so good at identifying town, that we'll be able to prevent that from happening if we *only* ally with our town reads, and doing so puts us in a position where we likely wind up with people who don't end up allying, and thus we waste opportunities to gain more information about different slots, and utilize whatever benefits come from the alliances for town.

-Cerb
Last edited by Varsoon on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:04 am

Post by farside22 »

mod would you be a doll and spoil all those quotes

<3
I hope I fix'd it the way you wanted it. There were some weird quote tags all over the place in there.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am

Sorry to burst your bubble Farside, but I universally despise people being lazy or scummy (or both!) and demanding reads lists from people on day one. I have given that response before and I will give it again. I give reads when I have something to say that is worth the time I'm asking of everyone. Town-ness isn't something people gain on day one, outside of mod confirmed town situations like masons and the like. You earn a town read from me by playing to the town's win condition. Scum reads come when I see scum screw up their narratives, and I am good enough at spotting it that I even spotted it in SMITE when I assumed someone was town, and I still caught a couple of legit scum slips on his part. If you are scum ... pique my curiosity at your peril.

So stop with the bullshit about me, because Cerberus was quite right that I don't feel well and I'm apt to be grumpy until the doctors resolve the underlying problems that are causing it. I'll do my best to keep from picking any fights, but poke me at your peril. Cerberus and myself are notoriously difficult to read early on, but you're just embarrassing yourself with the tripe you're posting right now. Time to move on and tunnel elsewhere.

Love, Always,
~Drixx
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:23 am

In post 544, farside22 wrote:Why rational is scum.
1. Focus onset up.
2. Responds to stuff only directed to them
3. No scum hunting
4. Passive agressive bs when pushed to make reads.
5. Saying post eater reads fake
6. Pushed one scum read for weak reasons.

See spoiler for all quotes involved

Spoiler:
In post 43, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 6, mastin2 wrote:Varsoon is literally the worst.

He's lucky it's ME who got this role (because I'm too stubborn to replace out), because the VAST majority of Scummers, if they had the role I do, would quickly lose interest in the game and replace out/flake.

...Basically, I'm a tree stump with all the sucky parts but none of the benefits. I'm voteless, will become conftown on D3, and yet, distinctly,
lack
the immunity to actions (in particular, y'know, NIGHTKILLS) that come with 'stumps. Yeah. I'm a bit bitter.

In post 7, mastin2 wrote:(My vote is showing up in the list of votes though, so this is something which you'll probably want to test at some point. Needless to say, though, I'm telling the truth; I have no vote right now no matter what the votecount says.)

In post 27, Varsoon wrote:
"He’s a frozen treat with a whole new taste, because he came to this planet from outer space. A refugee of an interstellar war, but now he’s at your local grocery store. Cookie Cat! He’s a pet for your tummy! Cookie Cat! He’s super duper yummy! Cookie Cat! He left his family behind! Cookie Caaat!
Now available at Gurvhen's off route 109.

-Steven,
Gem Glow

VOTECOUNT 1.01

Beer (3):
vezokpiraka, vezokpiraka, Sonic X
Mastin2 (1):
Ricastle

Not Voting (17):
Cheetory6, MaxwellPuckett, Ra9in9 Bull, TunnelWarriors, Trench Warfare, CooLDoG, Beer, radmann9, NicCage, Reasonably Rational, Fluminator, Thefuzzylogic99, Skybird, Bins, Marquis, Mastin2

Deadline

In post 28, Ricastle wrote:Oh, I see.
Mastin is just plain voteless
, not an actual stump.

Also as you can see
I'm a double voter

Interesting. Double voter and no voter. Inclined to tentatively mark both as null town.

-Cerb

In post 113, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 48, Beer wrote:I might be tipsy, but Sonic looks really evil.

Reasonably Rational looks like a puke stain on the wall.

Grapes looks like that guy at a party who's trying too hard to impress and is actually really sleazy and someone who you should probably not befriend because they will do bad things to you after drugging you or something.

Hm.

VOTE: Sonic

Puke stain on the wall? Please, enlighten me.

In post 58, grapes wrote:Beer has the least annoying gimmick I've seen in a while. I think they're also pretty town so far in.

The biggest ping I've felt was reasonably rationals entrance. Just slightly awkward. Not sure if it was the overfocusing on claims part or just the outside looking in vibe I got from it but I'm interested in seeing more of them.

And more than half the playerlist for that matter.

What would you like to see more of from me? And yes, it was absolutely an outside looking in vibe, that's kinda how I approach things(I like that description). I try to take in an image of the game and how things interact and relate to each other.

I have asked, I don't mind, contingent upon your slot not being super scummy today. It would be helpful to have insight into each others thoughts so we can avoid certain personality and play style frictions.

In post 107, Cheetory6 wrote:Or Beer/vezok could be scum, with a scum-flavoured role, with a fakeclaim to prevent massclaim bullshit on D1.

Unlikely. D1 bus, in the first few pages of the thread? And double voting scum? Yeah, I don't think so.

Entry post in the scum PT as yeah, I am scum, seems pretty dumb, but plausible I guess, as is the PT mix up. Willing to vote Beers slot, pending Drixxs approval, but unwilling to rush into a lynch.

-Cerb

In post 168, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 57, Trench Warfare wrote:

Also as you can see I'm a double voter.

I am not so sure. I think I know what is going on with Mastina, but revealing what is a lie and what is true would be anti-town.

I will keep reading to see if that is right.

~Titus[/quote]

Titus completely walled herself in with the whole D3 thing. I don't see why anyone would want to even really do much more than keep notes on her before then. There's already much more interesting things (Like apparently a Bud Light spilling itself into the wrong PT). But ... it's a Bud Light ... I mean what are we
really
expecting here?
Spoiler:

He asked, we concurred. Unless you derail into Scumville today we plan to attempt to do the thing. Great idea.
Spoiler:
In post 70, Trench Warfare wrote:We should all totally fuse. Each and every night. Day 1 we should fuse with people we don't understand to try and further the game and limit ego fights.

~Titus

This. So much this. If there's someone you just can't read or who can't read you, can you please go get a room tonight and figure it out? That should totally have been like a gigantic font PSA or something.

Spoiler:
In post 82, vezokpiraka wrote:No it's chill. We're totally roleplaying. But only in our private char. You know. For authenticity. /sarcasm.

WTF are you talking about roleplaying? I know Lars is a bit assholish in the show, but he's scum here.

Don't do this to me when I'm drinking my coffee. I had to clean up a mess.

Spoiler:
In post 135, Fluminator wrote:My role is pretty cool.
I have less cell service than I though so I doubt I'll be able to post much for the first week. I'll do my best.

Hi. I'm going to give an excuse to be a lurksack in my first post. Please don't notice.

Spoiler:
In post 152, Cheetory6 wrote:I'd be scared to rely too much on flavour.
Would be super duper probable that Varsoon would counterbalance that stuffs.

And cool cool, is it like a casual random pawnshop sorta place or like an EBgames?

I think Varsoon could design and balance around the actual show, as long as he provided the scum team with proper fake claims so that any kind of mass claim doesn't screw them. Yeah?

Spoiler:
In post 164, mastin2 wrote:
In post 28, Ricastle wrote:Oh, I see. Mastin is just plain voteless, not an actual stump.
Treestump = conftown who can't be targeted by anything, at the small price of not counting as alive and thus not having a vote. Sometimes triggered at will.
Me = will become conftown upon a trigger (D3), like a treestump, and being voteless, like a treestump, but lacking the immunity of a treestump, able to be voted, lynched, targeted by night actions, and nightkilled.

Like I said. All the sucky parts without any of the real benefits.

But I can't emphasize enough how much my vote should be on Beer right now. (After all, they're too filled with wine to be town!)

This gives me deja vu, but in a good way since I totally won that game. I'm sorry again, by the way. We should probably let Mastin mastastasize into whatever she's becoming.

~Drixx[/quote]
Spoiler:
In post 535, Reasonably Rational wrote:Somehow, two of my posts in a row were eaten. ugh.

-Cerb
[/quote]

1) Irrelevant. You're welcome to check out some of my(Cerb's) other games, but I hate the early game and setup spec/theory talk is what I do during it, because everything said at this point is null and useless until flips give context.
2) See above. And all my previous play, etc. I've also done more than just respond to things directed at myself, I've commented on a number of other items, but yes, generally I only stir myself into posting at this stage when a post is made which mentions me, or when something I find interesting(such as the multiple parties with interesting vote related abilities, which are all verifiable in thread and right now) shows up.
3) I think you just haven't followed the logical paths I have, so I can forgive not seeing what the aims of what I'm doing here are.
4) See 1/2. Same idea. All this D1 bs is just that. Blind leading the blind, etc. I don't place any particular value in the reads I have right now(all of which, btw, are actually currently available in my ISO, if not in a single easily quotable post), so I'm not going to waste my time wracking my brain for why I feel x y or z are scum/town when there's little rational reasoning behind the feelings. Look at the hydra name, it's there for a reason.
5) WTF? Really? I express disgust at the fact that I had to type up fundamentally the same post three times, twice on MOBILE, before I finally gave up and actually used my work computer to make the post, and that is somehow a scum tell?
6)Not sure what you're talking about exactly? How can you say in the same post both that we're not giving reads, and that we're pushing our scum reads? Either you're picking up on our reads from what we're saying, and we've pushed something(which I actually don't even see, but maybe I missed a Drixx post?), OR we're not actually giving out any reads.

Also, you're welcome to ask me any question about anything and anyone and I'll absolutely answer it. :) I just don't see any reason to post about things if I don't have anything constructive to add to a discussion. I know my alignment. Generally speaking, I'm way more interested in what everybody else is saying about a subject and how they're interacting in regards to it, than I am in what my thoughts on the subject are.

-Cerb

P.S. I saw Drixx made a post too, but I typed all this up and you're all going to read it damn it!
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:24 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I agree, but you have to assume good faith. But yeah, fuck'em.

In post 536, Sonic X wrote:i read radmann's ISO. it is objectively bad.

but try as I might, I cannot find his "softclaim" or "bait" whatever his role is in his ISO:

In post 323, CooLDoG wrote:in essence radmann is trying to bait some night actions to target him. If it would give the town an advantage he should be more explicit about what his role is. This half-way bullshit makes me think it is some type of scum role.

someone needs to bold for me where cooldog got this read from

fails at reading. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p6995170 I want people to ally with me so I can do bad things to them is what that reads as. Sorry your buddy was caught.
In post 538, Sonic X wrote:oh yeah, i already noticed you, but you didn't say hi to me

about "cop me is scummy" thing, uh, I didn't ask for a "cop", I wanted actions on me. read the entire post and not cherry pick 1 word, bro.

and even assuming your point, calling me "scummy" for that makes 0 sense at all, especially when, y'know, <copping a scum will return a guilty result>, how on earth did you arrive at your conclusion, may I ask?

^which is still scummy. Why are you trying to direct night actions? Scum fucks do this. Directing night actions is scummy because it limits the towns information. Let's say you are a bullet proof godfather or something like that, well now the town just wasted a pr. There is no town reason to ever try to direct a night action towards yourself, unless there is some role that is activated by it, in which case you probably shouldn't disclose that because the scum will just kill you. So you are either scummy or a bad player, both lead me to want you gone.

Don't you find it funny that the two most scummy people are people who have requested for people to target them with night actions/alliances early? Hmmm, what a fucking coincidence. Betting on radmann and sanic fusing/alliance.
after a wank.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:25 am

Hmm, that copy paste from notepad came out looking really weird.

-Cerb

I, uh, I'm not even gonna
risk
touching that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”