481 - Speed 1: Romeo and Juliet Mafia - Game Over!

poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:55 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

vote: Jimmy R

For not knowing that I am so totally NOT a guy.

hey to everybody who I haven't met yet!
I like you... you like me? :)
Show
jhawk01B: you go to lynch becca
somestrangeflea: This better be good!
somestrangeflea: NO!
Mertrodome: haha
poppinpuffin: hahahahh!!!
jhawk01B: and she escapes
jhawk01B: NIGHT
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:36 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

isnt there a better way than a random bandwagon?
Show
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:53 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

we all have to focus on each other if we wish to actually form opinions.
and we talk with each other and argue, the more apparent it will become who is scum, and who is just a (rightfully-so) suspicious townie.
Show
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:37 am

Post by poppinpuffin »

Hey guys, moving today.

Will try for a nice post summing up my opinions tonight.
Show
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:46 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

Hey guys.
Thoughts:
logicticus wrote:
Kinetic wrote:logicticus, In a game where no one knows who is on their team, everyone could be your opponent.
hmm, somewhat valid point. although if you are scum you know exactly who is on your team. and then you would be wishing good luck to your opponents who are the majority of the rest of the players

and i havent jumped on any bandwagon. do you see me voting for you right now? im just getting more information
This is a ridiculous post, sorry to say. Having played as both scum and town in chat games, I know that even then when you are typing fast and not thinking as much, nobody would say anything that obviously a shout out to scum. Honestly I think that either you a pretending to accuse to get reactions or that you are accusing on really baseless grounds.

----------------
Brutal Assassin wrote:
Kinetic wrote:Wait... you weren't just joking around? Wow...

Since I actually have to defend myself from this...

I've been playing competitive games for roughly, I don't know... my whole life. Soccer, Starcraft, Warcraft III, etc etc. It has always been good manners, at least to me, to wish everyone luck and hope that they all have a good time. Its basically a habit to me, and one I really don't feel like stopping because you think its scummy BA.

Heck, you're a gamer too, I would think something like that wouldn't be such a major thing. It seems scummy to me that you would point out something innocuous like that and jump on it.
That, in particular, is why I pointed it out actually. Being a competitive gamer, I've gone to say "Good luck" in threads at the start dozens of times and have stopped myself for the sole reason that it sounds scummy. Caught myself about to push submit a few times.

As for the last paragraph, it is Day 1, scrutinizing little comments is how we start the scum-finding process.
Also, completely agree with this^ D1 is the time to jump at shadows and make mountains out of molehills because shadows and molehills are all thatwe have unless someone makes a mistake and wears their I'm A SCUMzorz shirt to work.

-----------------

Unrelated to MS but
logicticus wrote:
Sorry, I don't believe in opinions or each person's own way.
Thats pretty facist of you.
Sounds like something my boyfriend would say. :)

-----------------
kravhen wrote:
Kinetic wrote:I should rephrase: I don't believe in hiding behind unsupported opinions and ending a conversation just by saying 'its my opinion and I'm allowed to have it'. No, you are not.
I agree completely. Too many people like to just block away any kind of argument by saying " I got my opinion, you got yours, let's both shut up now ". That's just lazy and avoiding conversation. If you really believe your opinion is right you should really be able to defend it. Or else people would just blurt out completely pointless and random opinions and just say "My opinion G!" and end it.

Pigs can fly. My opinion, stfu all.
QFT

-----------------

Also,
Kinetic wrote:... We still have 6 days left. This blatant bandwagoning is just a scum trick to try and not make them look scummy for doing an obvious town roll. If you let this go on the scum will just bandwagon every townie by starting a bandwagon and once it is 3-4 people full will say everyone not on it is scummy.

This is ridiculous and counter productive...

True, we have a deadline, but for cripes sake it is still 6 days away. You don't get a prize for lynching someone 5 days before deadline. And just because someone says its scummy not to bandwagon at this point doesn't make it so!
Not every bandwagon has to end in a lynch to be useful. In fact, bandwagons are very useful, especially in later game analysis. I think that even with the deadline approaching, it is not such a threat that normal discussion acquision tactics can't be used (double negs ROCK). Maybe if deadline was tomorrow, we'd need to do some quick thinking... don't jump the gun and make a mistake we'd regret. Or maybe you wouldn't regret it...

-----------------
xyzzy wrote:It's an obvious argument and if you don't get it you're stupid. (Okay, not stupid, but, you know.)

His argument is equivilant to the argument that "God is love, love is blind, Ray Charles is blind, hence, God is Ray Charles."

He's saying that since some scum-hunting methods are good, and that all scum hunting methods are scum hunting methods, his MUST be good. I was merely putting it in terms of set theory, where if:

A is a member of set B and
A is a member of set C
set B is not necessarily the same set as set C.

That's the crap logic he was using, and I believe that's 3 ways I've explained it now. If you don't understand now, than you really are stupid.
Actually you've explained a mathematical concept 3 times now, but unfortunately for your argument, that concept has no application whatsoever to the situation you are trying to categorize.

In other words:
logicticus wrote:
Alright, I get what you are saying.

I guess I was just confused because you are completely wrong and I dont think you have been reading the posts correctly.
-------------------
Kinetic wrote:Dear Mert and DP, please explain your votes. I realize that is extremely annoying to you guys to actually take responsibility for your actions, however I'm not going to sit down and let you keep your cards in your hand so when the lynch happens you can fall back on
lies
your convenient stories about how you were just going with the flow.

I'm not the one who is going to look like scum after you lynch me, you are, and you're going to have to explain your actions either now or later. I would hope you can explain them now so I can at least defend against your accusations while I am still around. If you do not at least do this much I will be forced to believe you actually are scum. I don't think you are right now, but I am starting to get concerned by your flippant attitudes.
OK now I think this post looks like a panicking scum to me. "Oh my God people are voting for me and I don't like it so I will throw a hissy fit and hope that they will unvote in worry that they will look scummy to the other players." People don't usually look scummy after a mislynch when they form opinions on a player who looks scummy. If you are indeed town, it's your responsibility to look town, not our responsibility to trust you.
Kinetic wrote:somestrangeflea

Wow....

Ok, I would really like to know these "obvious reasons"!

This is insane. BA says that I look scummy for saying good luck and everyone jumps on the bandwagon with absolutely no conversation? This is so completely anti-town play, and there are more players doing so than there are scum, so I have no idea what is going on...

I cannot imagine this type of play being pro-town...
Again more panicking and tantrum-ing. Looking more and more suspicious by the minute my friend. Finally topped off with the angry scum post:
Kinetic wrote:I'd prefer to know your "obvious" reasons for voting me before I put my self out there anymore. I think I've been more than fair, I've explained myself to the best of my ability and have been actively trying to find scum. I have been trying to use logic and reason to do so, but when I'm being counter attacked by random scum-diggory all because a scary looming deadline, well I really don't think I can defend myself.

I'll agree, we need to lynch someone, and I agree we don't have a lot of time, but if the best reason you have (and consequently the only one I've heard) is because I said good luck... How can I defend that? I've already explained my actions, but how is that not enough?

And on top of that I'm being compounded and expected to dig myself out, but I honestly have NO IDEA what I'm being attacked with... Its completely absurd, and I'm beginning to think if I'm going to be fighting this uphill battle all game, then lynch me now and be done with it. But as long as I'm in the game I'm going to demand to know why. If you cannot defend your actions, then you should evaluate your self and see if your actions are even worth defending.
"Fine. If you don't believe me then lynch me. See if I care. Poo heads."
Basically I agree with Brutal Assassin's post 94.

Sorry about not giving thoughts for so long, it's moving week here at the Becca household and everything she owns must be transported 10 miles in a Ford Focus.

/sleeps.
Show
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:48 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

Upon re-reading that post I realized just how scummy I think Kinetic is.

unvote
vote: Kinetic

Go ahead and give me a reason to doubt myself, I'm always willing to reconsider. But right now, I like that vote placement.
Show
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:25 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

Hey all, just letting you know that my internet isn't set up at the new house yet, so I won't be able to post until I get over to someone's house to hijack their computer.

Don't think I'm comfortable with L-1, however scummy you are. There is plenty of time to lynch tomorrow.

UNVOTE

You're not off the hook.
Show
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:24 am

Post by poppinpuffin »

xyzzy wrote:
You completely ignored the argument against you and went off on a whole buch of WIFOM!
QFT.

Instead of giving me reasons to reconsider your scumminess, you actually solidified my opinion of you as scum. I'm sorry about the attacks on your birthday, but I dont think that that is the reason we all think you're scum. I see how you jump eagerly onto anyone's opinion of someone else (dragon for example) to be scum. Dragon is definitely not flying under anyone's radar right now, but that doesn't make you look innocent to be . You were very clearly pointing a grateful finger at anyone and everyone.

I'm not happy with Dragon, but I have to go with my gut about this. I was reticent to have a lynch when deadline isn't quite breathing down our necks, but I really feel you are the play for today.

vote: Kinetic

=============================[]
[]=============================
Show
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:29 am

Post by poppinpuffin »

Dammit.

Saved by the modkill and my lack of ability to add.

SOMEONE HAMMER.
Show
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:27 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

people totally read my post!

wow.
*stunned*
Show
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:26 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

lol nice to miss the most important town weapon.
Show
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:10 am

Post by poppinpuffin »

Sorry LML!
My last double at my restaurant is finally over, I'll be able to devote more time and energy into the game.

Don't hate me :(
Show
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:27 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

Stewie wrote:Furthermore, when you read his posts it seems as if he's posting for the sake of posting (posting to not get modkilled).

I think we are all guilty of this sometimes (or maybe it's just me).
I don't think it's a scum-tell.
Show
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon